Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2021
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I like the new MOO warning for gallery lots, HOWEVER! I'd prefer to be alerted that a gallery lot has MOO enabled when I'm looking at the build in the gallery, the warning is completely useless popping up after I've hit "place lot". (I've had trouble with MOO corrupting saves or causing lag so I choose not to use it.)

I get the same warning when I place homes I've built and I've never used MOO.

Do you have it automatically enabled already, like via a mod or a cheat?

No, I don't. I'm betting it says it for any lot you place.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited September 2021
    It also annoys me that starter sims made in CAS who are older than a toddler start with absolutely no skills. I would really like to be able to set everything about the sim in CAS, but I'd settle for having a few skill points added based on traits and aspiration.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    It also annoys me that starter sims made in CAS who are older than a toddler start with absolutely no skills. I would really like to be able to set everything about the sim in CAS, but I'd settle for having a few skill points added based on traits and aspiration.

@Mstybl95 This. When I create a sim who's a Teen or older, I often use a cheat to give them a few skill points. I wish I didn't have to do that, but since the premade Sims all have some skills, I want my own creations to be able to do something fairly well.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

@Mstybl95 This. When I create a sim who's a Teen or older, I often use a cheat to give them a few skill points. I wish I didn't have to do that, but since the premade Sims all have some skills, I want my own creations to be able to do something fairly well.

Yup, I do that as well. It's tedious, but not nearly so tedious as having every single sim literally learn every little bit they should have known by that age. Every. Single. Time.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The bear phase.
  • Options
    Robinmac60Robinmac60 Posts: 1 New Member
    Microwaves. Even if your Sim has cooking level 10 they are incapable of making microwave meals without it being cold in the middle. Why does a chef want to eat a microwave dinner in the first place? If your toddler is starving and on the point of being taken away, why make them wait while you make them nuggets? Why cant they just have peas or applesauce?

I have removed all microwaves from my sims households because of this.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    When I have a dinner party and the guests keep trying to get food out of the fridge even though my sim is cooking. I tried to have one for Harvestfest today and I had to put the fridge in the household inventory because one of the guests kept trying to get leftovers.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    The male idle pose...

God I can't stand it!
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2021
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    On the gallery, when I sort by packs that I own, builds and households show up that require not only what I own, but also ones that I don't.

"Hmm I'm going to search for households that only use the vampire pack."

"Here you go, but you also need City Living, Cats and Dogs, and Strangerville."

So I'm stuck with sorting by base game only because I don't want to have to sift through a bunch of stuff that I'm unable to use.

Unless there's a setting somewhere that I don't know about?

Yeah, I too find this annoying. I bet EA is fully aware of it and is intentionally keeping the system so clunky because it sneakily encourages one to buy all the packs :expressionless:. Though I sometimes just download lots regardless of the requirements because, as I understand, it tries replacing stuff with basic equivalents if possible and, if not, those items just disappear.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    On the gallery, when I sort by packs that I own, builds and households show up that require not only what I own, but also ones that I don't.

"Hmm I'm going to search for households that only use the vampire pack."

"Here you go, but you also need City Living, Cats and Dogs, and Strangerville."

So I'm stuck with sorting by base game only because I don't want to have to sift through a bunch of stuff that I'm unable to use.

Unless there's a setting somewhere that I don't know about?

Yeah, I too find this annoying. I bet EA is fully aware of it and is intentionally keeping the system so clunky because it sneakily encourages one to buy all the packs :expressionless:. Though I sometimes just download lots regardless of the requirements because, as I understand, it tries replacing stuff with basic equivalents if possible and, if not, those items just disappear.

Yes it does try to replace them (I have had many different sculptures replaced by garden gnomes which looks rather quirky in the end when there are gnomes all around the house :joy: ), but sometimes it's easy to fix and for example with chairs it works better :smile: There's also an option to click the icon of the pack that is used and, when the pack description opens, click "show used items" and you can see what items were used from that pack. It's very useful for determining how heavily the build leans on a pack.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

@Mstybl95 That's why I look for base model sims with skills in CAS.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yesterday I was annoyed when Guidry drank my sim's specter sip. I want to keep them on a table and show them off, so I think I'll block his visits again :unamused: It's also annoying when Temperance and my sim's ghost mom clean her books from laying around. They are all around her place and not in the bookself for a reason! :lol:
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    Yes it does try to replace them (I have had many different sculptures replaced by garden gnomes which looks rather quirky in the end when there are gnomes all around the house :joy: ), but sometimes it's easy to fix and for example with chairs it works better :smile:There's also an option to click the icon of the pack that is used and, when the pack description opens, click "show used items" and you can see what items were used from that pack. It's very useful for determining how heavily the build leans on a pack.
    Thanks, that's very good advice. I had no idea you could even view the specific items used.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    The in game wall (UI) annoys me to no end. The odd info is fine, but:

I don't need to get told where my screenshots are saved. I've taken thousands of screenshots, and I know where to find them. The game keep posting the green notification every single time I press "C".

Some info is posted once per household member, such as "Had a bad holiday".

The UI wall fills up quickly (thanks to the "C" notifications?). I often need to clear the full wall which involves way too many clicks. I never understood why the game can't just auto delete the oldest notifications. Do any simmer actually scroll down 100 notifications for info? Auto deleting the oldest notifications would be perfect.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Uaexep wrote: »
    My own sims insulting me by eating standing up... in the kitchen, after I worked hard on building their home and their gorgeous dinning area...
    Because they're too lazy to walk that far. Sigh.

If you set the dining room table they will sit there.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I think someone mentioned this, but does anyone else feel like people should stop gossiping about your Sim biting another without asking, and then telling you to stop?

One time, Vladislaus Straud gave me the message! Like he never would do that...

How about when you get that message and your sim is NOT a vampire.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

@Mstybl95 That's why I look for base model sims with skills in CAS.

Oooh, good idea! Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    Yes it does try to replace them (I have had many different sculptures replaced by garden gnomes which looks rather quirky in the end when there are gnomes all around the house :joy: ), but sometimes it's easy to fix and for example with chairs it works better :smile: There's also an option to click the icon of the pack that is used and, when the pack description opens, click "show used items" and you can see what items were used from that pack. It's very useful for determining how heavily the build leans on a pack.

OMG, how did I not know this? Thank you so much!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    The in game wall (UI) annoys me to no end. The odd info is fine, but:

The UI wall fills up quickly (thanks to the "C" notifications?). I often need to clear the full wall which involves way too many clicks.

Hi, forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you, but if you click the little garbage can icon, it will clear your entire wall with one click.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    The columns in eco lifestyle are truly and honestly the single worst thing about that pack. I don't understand why they work the way they work and I can't really explain what makes them so awful but believe me when I say I raged last time I tried to use them. grrrrrrr.

Also, you know those cool gnomes we got a while back that can stack on top of one another? Why don't we have the same gnome going in the opposite direction so we can make a sweet gnome arch? I want a gnome arch for watcher's sake.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I wish every career gave an option to work part time and the partime jobs full time. Some work full time in retail, general labor etc
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    09-15-21_9-08-38_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    It's fine that I don't have to worry about having my sims prepare food in Uni,
    but does the game really have to generate so much? And it's fattening.

Uni game-play consists of term papers, presentation boards, homework, going to class, cleaning up spoiled food, and working off all the calories from eating.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2021
    Here's another one I found out today....
    Other sims stealing MY food from the food vendors/stalls before I get to eat it or put it in my inventory.
    Its making me want to install that one mod I saw on Youtube that lets you kill sims. Do not touch my food!
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    Foodie sims autonomously drinking water then getting an uncomfortable moodlet from the mediocre drink. It's... just water, guys, and if you hate it so much just don't drink it...
  • Options
    Some new annoyances.

Private island, private property. A Sim shows up out of nowhere and heads right into my house, going straight for the tea machine (just like all my other Sims on the lot), puts the cup down without finishing the drink and finally, I could tell her to leave. Thought it was a recurring bug, but then got a crazy thought: The Private Property Trait deters everyone but the most persistent visitors - perhaps trivial things like doors doesn't bother these people.

My Sims are getting spoiled, and I haven't given any of them the high maintenance trait. Whenever they go for another cup of tea (or glass of water), and they do that ALOT, they take their drink and head right for the bathtub and spend 10-20 sim minutes or so taking a bath before going back out. Does *not* care if a Sim is using the toilet, doesn't even get embarassed by it.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.