Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Lately sims have been putting books down on the dining tables instead of putting them away. It annoys me, because it blocks a spot for a sim to eat or do their homework.

Another thing that annoys me is when you prompt a toddler to go potty, go to bed or take a plate of food, the parent suddenly decides to pick them up at that moment.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Lately sims have been putting books down on the dining tables instead of putting them away. It annoys me, because it blocks a spot for a sim to eat or do their homework.

Another thing that annoys me is when you prompt a toddler to go potty, go to bed or take a plate of food, the parent suddenly decides to pick them up at that moment.

I don't mind the Sims not putting away books- I wo like a tab that I click to put away all owned books from lot and inventory.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    When I search for an object in BB and instead of searching the exact word I wrote, it adds on other things if you press enter.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Not having a means of toggling a PARTICULAR book on a PARTICULAR surface to say, "No - don't put this one away, it belongs here". Or toys, etc. used as decor, and so on.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I don't like when the emotion just disappears off the sim's face. It's clear the A.I is thinking of it's next move. Surely they can go into a less obvious and neutral reaction as the A.I figures out it's next move. It takes me out of the game sometimes and it creeps me out.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Not having a means of toggling a PARTICULAR book on a PARTICULAR surface to say, "No - don't put this one away, it belongs here". Or toys, etc. used as decor, and so on.

Do you have MCCC? You can disable putting books and toys away autonomously.
  • MoumantieMoumantie Posts: 3 New Member
    That they keep releasing new games while I still suffer bugs that have been reported back in 2015 already.
    Seriously it made me ragequit more than once already. I need cheat tools just to fix 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that should normally work.
    It feels like trying to keep a safestate holding together rather than actually - you know - PLAYING the game.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    One thing that really grinds my gears is vegetarian Sims can still eat meat. Also sometimes I forget I have a vegetarian sim and there is nothing reminding me they don’t eat meat when I click on it. In Sims 3 it would always have a way to remind you a Sims did or didn’t like something.
  • oshivsoshivs Posts: 2 New Member
    Nannies & Toddlers - I have a problem with the nanny and toddler care... I love family gameplay, but man, oh, man, toddlers & babies can be annoying!!
    You practically need a stay-at-home parent if you want the best care for your toddlers, because you cannot reply on the nanny. I'm tired of my toddlers being sad and hungry all the time and the nanny completely ignoring them.
    I had a nanny, his first day on the job, just sat and watched TV and made a dessert for 4 hours, before even checking on my sad, hungry, crying toddler and baby!!!

The Nanny and Toddler need an overhaul, in my opinion. Anyone else agree?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    One thing that really grinds my gears is vegetarian Sims can still eat meat. Also sometimes I forget I have a vegetarian sim and there is nothing reminding me they don’t eat meat when I click on it. In Sims 3 it would always have a way to remind you a Sims did or didn’t like something.

I would love it if the sims that have special diet needs would be a bit smarter and make better decisions about what they grab from the fridge. My lactose intolerant sims are always grabbing dairy foods autonomously and making themselves feel bad. :/
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Vampires wanting to go outside into the sunlight to perform the actions you gave them, and ...
    No indicator when "Fly here as bat" fails

Yesterday had a vampire get caught outside as the sun came up, clicked "Fly here as bat" in his home then panic clicked it several more times when I saw him just standing there burning, then finally managed to get him inside with "Move here". So then I have him Dark Meditate to help recover and he heads for the door outside. NOOOOO!!!!!
    The cake is a lie
    edited September 2021
    The 4 and 5 star celebrities. Judith Ward, The Bailey Moons. They annoyed me showing up at every single venue my sims went to. I delete them and the other 4+ celebrities from my games now then drop a group of 8 - 2 star celebrities in the game to buffer the spawns. Been working great so far.
  • MoumantieMoumantie Posts: 3 New Member
    That I still can not find a single gallery lot to actually place down because the "ONLY SHOW OWNED" packs DOES NOT WORK!
    https://prnt.sc/1s3egqt
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Pushups. My sim was leading a yoga class and a random sim came in, dropped and started doing pushups. I didn't want to interrupt the class but I took care of him later. >:)
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Another trivial thing that annoys me are those skunk bushes in Brindleton Bay. No matter how many times I dispatch the stinky pet causing bushes, one seems to always appear out of thin air!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Not being able to set eating utensil preference, handedness, character value traits, or lifestyles in CAS.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    On the gallery, when I sort by packs that I own, builds and households show up that require not only what I own, but also ones that I don't.

"Hmm I'm going to search for households that only use the vampire pack."

"Here you go, but you also need City Living, Cats and Dogs, and Strangerville."

So I'm stuck with sorting by base game only because I don't want to have to sift through a bunch of stuff that I'm unable to use.

Unless there's a setting somewhere that I don't know about?
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Moumantie wrote: »
    That I still can not find a single gallery lot to actually place down because the "ONLY SHOW OWNED" packs DOES NOT WORK!
    https://prnt.sc/1s3egqt

Yes exactly
  • That you can't invite over random toddlers for the Toddler Playdate-event (comes with the Toddler Stuff Pack). I want my toddlers to make lifelong friends at an early age, but it's impossible to meet new toddlers without manually adding them to the world so you know where they live and can go visit!
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    jujee55 wrote: »
    Constant water drinking. I could understand if they were hungry but they are always getting water.

I don't know if you use mods, but this one works great. I've been using it for a long time: https://www.patreon.com/posts/49323063
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
    "Vigorously guarantee plant life's future" Which is apparently a dirt clump.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I like the new MOO warning for gallery lots, HOWEVER! I'd prefer to be alerted that a gallery lot has MOO enabled when I'm looking at the build in the gallery, the warning is completely useless popping up after I've hit "place lot". (I've had trouble with MOO corrupting saves or causing lag so I choose not to use it.)
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I like the new MOO warning for gallery lots, HOWEVER! I'd prefer to be alerted that a gallery lot has MOO enabled when I'm looking at the build in the gallery, the warning is completely useless popping up after I've hit "place lot". (I've had trouble with MOO corrupting saves or causing lag so I choose not to use it.)

I get the same warning when I place homes I've built and I've never used MOO.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Catzilla wrote: »

I get the same warning when I place homes I've built and I've never used MOO.

Do you have it automatically enabled already, like via a mod or a cheat?
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    The MOO warning is useless. I get it when placing a Maxis built lot. Any lot I place, I get it. I've just learned to ignore it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.