Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited September 2021
    Some of mine:

Sims who react angrily when they “discover” that one of my completely undisguised aliens is in fact an alien. “Supernatural Skeptic” isn’t even a trait, stop being rude to my aliens!

Why can’t we properly discover mersims though. It’s such a weird oversight since aliens can be discovered/known, and vampires and spellcasters apparently introduce themselves like “Hi, I’m Caleb Vatore and I’m a master vampire!” or whatever.

Who decided that mersims needed to get 2x the extra days that long lived sims get, and why?? My lifespan is set to 139 days, so they get 87.5 bonus days as elders! According to MCCC active sims get 17.5, long lived is 43.75, and mersim is 87.5 anyway. Like this’d make way more sense for spellcasters, but like as an optional perk, not as a default thing. Make that a virtuoso perk or something!

Edit: turns out the lesslonglivingactivesims mod actually includes mersims, and dramatically cuts down on all bonus days, which is great because if I wanted elders to live longer I’d make the stage longer or use potions.

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/
    Post edited by QueenMercy on
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2021
    Townie sims and their penchant for wandering around in turbans and shorts.
    Doorknockers when you have just organised a whole string of great moodlets to finish writing that book that's on about 65% complete.
    My doctor trainee Sim has an obsession with slacking off and trying to read a book while he's at work.
    I agree with @Monet11 up above re: random Sims with piercings and tattoos. I feel they should be the exception rather than the rule. Opt-in only.
    AliNH wrote: »
    It bugs me when one of my sims goes to the bar and orders a drink. The bartender spends way too much time and energy slinging around the bottles and 5 other sims come up to the bar. My sim hardly ever actually gets their drink. Too much shock and awe and not enough get down to work.
    Or the townie Sims swipe your drink. Cheapskates.
    Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2021
    A really tiny thing that annoys me so much is that Sims will often choose the only kitchen counter with stuff on it when preparing a meal. It makes me go nuts when my Sims prepare their salad in the pile of cookbooks when there are 4 completely empty counter alternatives.
    I also hate it when my Sim decides to eat their food inside the keypad of their computer.
    Relationships panel showing sims in some weird order. Why doesn't it organize from best relationships to worst like in previous games? Seemed fairly simple to me. Also give me an option to filter relatives.

The obsession to first sit down when doing a social interaction. Gets especially aggravating when you have queued interactions which others can be done only standing but others can be done sitting so then they just go and sit down and up and down and up and ugghhh!

Inability to copy-paste appearance between outfits in CAS. So annoying to fiddle around in the menus when I e.g. want the same makeup to apply. Gets even more annoying when I have changed properties of the makeup with the sliders and have to do it over and over again for each outfit.

These bother me as well.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Most trivial things don't bother me. But the whole celebrities thing drives me nuts. Drop dead celebs!!
  • Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    edited September 2021
    Having to set my Sims’ lot to private dwelling because Townie sims that my family doesn’t know show up at all hours to be invited in to use their stereo, tv and computer and leave. For some reason they are ignoring the no trespassing rule on my door.

Autonomously flirting with in-laws. If I wanted you to flirt with your kids’ grandmother in front of them, I would initiate it.

When my sims get invited to his/her friends’s house and then promptly leaves. How rude!

Townies stalling conversations for 2 sim hours to butt into conversations from across the neighborhood just to make idle chat for two seconds and then leave. I’ve rage killed many a townie for this offense. Grrrr…..

Also, spending hours in CAS creating my Evil and mean vampire sim with that certain bad boy vision I had for him only to go into live mode and an hour later, have him jump in the air and click his heals with joy because he made a new good friend. Nooooo! Your supposed to mean and evil and be mean to everyone. Stop. 🥺lol.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Having to delete and replace a bed because you can't un-assign someone who's dead. :#
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »
    Uaexep wrote: »
    My own sims insulting me by eating standing up... in the kitchen, after I worked hard on building their home and their gorgeous dinning area...
    Because they're too lazy to walk that far. Sigh.

There is a mod for this that still works: "Sit to eat and drink" by Lotharihoe.

I hate when my sim is having a great conversation with another sim and it's going really well and then my sim walks away right in the middle of the conversation. Why? Because he wants to look at a painting on the wall. The sim he was conversing with is still talking to the empty space where my sim used to be. Total immersion breaking. Why does the environment override everything else?

I'll check that out. Thank you! I really need it.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No link option for Aliens in CAS to easily copy their outfit appearances, I like my aliens to wear the same outfits on their alien forms as on their human forms and not having a copy outfit option makes dressing them such a chore.
  • Options
    ChairChair Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim always has to buy the round of drinks. Nobody else ever buys a round. My sim has the money to do so but it would make sense sometimes for someone else to offer to buy a round.

I downloaded a hangout or play centre from the gallery. Install it. Send my kids to play there. No one else turns up to play there.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2021
    Loading a household and your sims in your household are not at school or work but they are just sitting in the house and are doing random things so you have to go to every single one of your sims and tell them to go to school or work...
  • Options
    georgia_simsxgeorgia_simsx Posts: 23 Member
    This is very trivial, but I wish the dormer windows for roofs actually functioned as windows and let in light. I am building an attic right now and it would be useful.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Loading a household and your sims in your household are not at school or work but they are just sitting in the house and are doing random things so you have to go to every single one of your sims and tell them to go to school or work...

That's why I rigidly rotate at 7am.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Fridges (getting food and cooking)!!!

You can only have one Sim either autonomously or manually get food or 'stuff' for cooking from a fridge at a time or it gives the exclamation mark wavy 'error'. For this reason I often put in more than one fridge.

This really irked me just recently, (even already knowing that) when I was trying to get someone to cook, yet kept getting the 'blocked' error.
    Turns out someone two floors up was on their way down to get leftovers. That's why the fridge was 'blocked'.

This is one trivial thing I wish would be changed!
    Either allow sims to overlap at the fridge, or keep it queued 'in line' for a bit until everyone uses the fridge. Rather than just cancelling out except for the one on their way to use it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Not being able to check to the weather in other worlds from the calendar. Why is this not a thing? Why do I have to cross my fingers that it's not raining for park dates or at the beach or before deciding a nice time to vacation
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The frequency of which the tea maker breaks.
  • Options
    spongegirl38spongegirl38 Posts: 22 Member
    The coffee machine is always breaking. I had a clumsy Sim who always broke the coffee maker.

Also, my family leave dirty plates everywhere. And cups. Then they complain about being in messy surroundings! Just pick your crockery up and put it in the dishwasher! :s
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Not being able to change mirror size and rotating it and location.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    Not being able to check to the weather in other worlds from the calendar. Why is this not a thing? Why do I have to cross my fingers that it's not raining for park dates or at the beach or before deciding a nice time to vacation

LittleMsSam has a weather mod that adds an app to the phone that tells you the weather in other worlds, I would love for something like that to be implemented into the actual game itself.