Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Update - Community Feedback

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited August 2021
    @logion That was my issue with TS3's Memories system; as well as the eventual file bloat, you got memories for everything as arguably-trivial as going to the park IIRC. I ended up using a mod that blocked all memories bar the more major life changes like marriage, birth of a child etc. I think if the Memories system were to come back properly I'd prefer TS2's version.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I didn't play the Sims 2. Except a little when they gave it away for free. And the sims 3 never worked right on my computer, so I couldn't get really attached to other versions of characters. What I don't want is for this to suddenly add relationships to my sims that weren't there before. Like I had Gemma Charm and Kyoshi Ito date and get married. It wasn't until after they were dating that I found out Kyoshi was supposed to like Kaori. And have a sentiment with her. Once I played them, I saw that they didn't even know each other. And the sentiment had never loaded properly. I would hate to load my save one day and have those two suddenly dating. Especially since they are both married to different people.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2021
    LSM36 wrote: »
    I didn't play the Sims 2. Except a little when they gave it away for free. And the sims 3 never worked right on my computer, so I couldn't get really attached to other versions of characters. What I don't want is for this to suddenly add relationships to my sims that weren't there before. Like I had Gemma Charm and Kyoshi Ito date and get married. It wasn't until after they were dating that I found out Kyoshi was supposed to like Kaori. And have a sentiment with her. Once I played them, I saw that they didn't even know each other. And the sentiment had never loaded properly. I would hate to load my save one day and have those two suddenly dating. Especially since they are both married to different people.

I think if they update NPCs they‘re probably only affecting new saves, not old saves from before the update.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    I fixed that right away when EA brought back the Calientes.
    It really bothered me that they violated the lore like that. I need to go back and change Dina's skintone to match her sister's though.

43%20Caliente%20Remake.png

I don't care for EA's revision of the Calientes.
    Nina and Dina's mother was N i g h a t Caliente, not Katrina, and their mother died when they were children.
    So Katrina is out of the picture and out of the game. I am also making them over
    Remake.png
    That household description is from The Sims 2 by the way.

And we are going old school with remakes of their old TS2 homes.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-42-52-46.png

Don is here only temporarily, until I can build some relationships. ;)
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2011-41-51-11.png

Dina:
    Traits: Materialistic/Goofball/Slob
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron
    Career: Sticking with culinary for now.

Nina:
    Traits: Jealous/Self-assured/Neat
    Aspiration: Soulmate
    Career: Something with different hours from Dina (convenient for Don.)

Don:
    Traits: Romantic/Self-assured/Non-committal.
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Career: Doctor (Similar to original TS2 career)
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2011-49-35-01.png

And now that Dina is away, Nina will play.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-12-54-51.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-21-43-12.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-29-20-57.png

Nina is now established as Don's main squeeze.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-22-31-89.png

Time for that bachelor pad, Don needs his own place.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-22-30-78.png

Right next door.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-30-33-36.png

Having down working as a doctor is kind of creepy, but yeah, he will be hitting on patients and staff.
    He's not some bulky, body-building, tattooed bro.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-25-29-92_1.png

Dina was really hot. He's going to have to invite her over some time, when Nina is at work.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-28-45-34.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2021
    @GirlFromIpanema @Calico45 relax, they won't and can't alter your save files. Its probably going to affect only newer save files (IF i don't break older saves).
    Personally, I'd rather they left them be. I sometimes play as pre-made families, and would be disappointed if their appearance/lore suddenly changed. Each to their own, no one's opinion is right or wrong, this is just how I feel. :smile:

@GirlFromIpanema but this is how we, lore lovers, felt when we started playing sims 4. NONE of them looks like they should look originally.

@crocobaura grl, black/asian/indian people can also have blue/green/grey eyes or blonde/ginger hair. Genetics is more than you know.
  • Options
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I don't think they will redo the characters that much, I think the sims4 will still be an alternate universe.

Here is what I'm hoping for though.
    • Updated Hot and Cold weather outfits.
    • Updated Likes/Dislikes. Make it so Tina Tinker likes handiness for example.
    • Added Sentiments for their backstories. Maybe they should add more backstories so they are a bit more interesting.
    • Correct relationships. Johny Zest should be related to the Landgraabs for example and he should probably not be on good terms with them.

I disagree about having added sentiments to sims backstories. That’s like the Memory system in “The Sims 2”, which I hated because it made me feel like I have no control over my sims and their lives. But I agree about having the relationships be correct when it comes to how the premade sims love, like or dislike each other. But I like how “The Sims 4” lets me play the way I want, without the annoying Memories system.

I see, I don't know how memories worked in the sims 2, but I think sentiments go away over time in the sims 4 for both played and unplayed sims.

Memories are events that happen in a sim’s life, good or bad. The Memories system is a system where you can see all the events that happened in that sim’s life when you play him or her. The memories system applies to all sims. I founded it annoying because I wanted to play “The Sims 2” game without all the events that my sims experience being listed in the game whenever I play with my sims. I prefer that they just have experiences WITHOUT the Memories system. In my opinion, NO memories system one thing is “The Sims 4” did right.

@EliteGirl that's an unpopular opinion, most of us want the memory system from Sims 2 (not sims 3) back in Sims 4.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I mean, considering that all any sort of appearance update will mean for me is that I get confused for a bit because the sims look different than I'm used to when the game pulls them for events/community locations, I really don't care. Give the Calliente's a nice tan skin tone, and Bella, Cassandra, and Alexander too. It's all good for me.

I have really zero opinion about fixing the lore. I don't play The Sims to play out fanfiction, even of The Sims characters. I make my own stories with my own characters and sometimes a canon character will wander in as a friend or a lover. That's about it.

But it would be kinda nice to have the relationships worked out so that when my 3rd generation legacy hooks up with Johnny's Grandson (story progression provided by mods like MCCC, if not a toggleable game setting) the rest of the Landgraabs show up in the family tree.

As for a grave yard in the back of the Goth house... where? There is really no room for more than one or two graves. Maybe they could add a crypt under the house...
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    No worries, @EnigmaOFFC, I know that I can cut off the update process and play my old saves completely unaffected if they do anything that will apply to old saves at all going forward. However, when I start a new save (like I often do because my old saves tend to get fairly janky over time) I will encounter the changes. For good or bad, if they are sweeping I am going to have to go through the trouble of picking what I like and don't and fixing my library versions to reflect that. A lot of little detail stuff. Which is why I do not particularly want them to change massively.

I assume you do, which is great, but we all have our own preferences here and none is more important than the other. If we really want to argue about lore, the characters now are currently 4's lore/canon and that is all some people know. Changing it would be doing the same thing to them that happened to the people that miss the old stuff.

Also, for the record, I liked the old lore (played since 1), but seeing the reimagined ones now doesn't detract from my affinity for the characters from before. I tend to see them as completely different Sims, actually.
  • Options
    @Calico45 tbh they are completely different sims LOL
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,021 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I fixed that right away when EA brought back the Calientes.
    It really bothered me that they violated the lore like that. I need to go back and change Dina's skintone to match her sister's though.

43%20Caliente%20Remake.png

I don't care for EA's revision of the Calientes.
    Nina and Dina's mother was N i g h a t Caliente, not Katrina, and their mother died when they were children.
    So Katrina is out of the picture and out of the game. I am also making them over
    Remake.png
    That household description is from The Sims 2 by the way.

And we are going old school with remakes of their old TS2 homes.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-42-52-46.png

Don is here only temporarily, until I can build some relationships. ;)
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2011-41-51-11.png

Dina:
    Traits: Materialistic/Goofball/Slob
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron
    Career: Sticking with culinary for now.

Nina:
    Traits: Jealous/Self-assured/Neat
    Aspiration: Soulmate
    Career: Something with different hours from Dina (convenient for Don.)

Don:
    Traits: Romantic/Self-assured/Non-committal.
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Career: Doctor (Similar to original TS2 career)
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2011-49-35-01.png

And now that Dina is away, Nina will play.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-12-54-51.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-21-43-12.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-29-20-57.png

Nina is now established as Don's main squeeze.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-22-31-89.png

Time for that bachelor pad, Don needs his own place.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-22-30-78.png

Right next door.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-30-33-36.png

Having down working as a doctor is kind of creepy, but yeah, he will be hitting on patients and staff.
    He's not some bulky, body-building, tattooed bro.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-25-29-92_1.png

Dina was really hot. He's going to have to invite her over some time, when Nina is at work.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-28-45-34.png

I really like the makeover of Dina, Nina and Din you did and making thier homes from Sims 2 brought back memories. 😎👍🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2021
    EnigmaOFFC wrote: »
    I don't think they will redo the characters that much, I think the sims4 will still be an alternate universe.

• Added Sentiments for their backstories. Maybe they should add more backstories so they are a bit more interesting.
    • Correct relationships. Johny Zest should be related to the Landgraabs for example and he should probably not be on good terms with them.

I disagree about having added sentiments to sims backstories. That’s like the Memory system in “The Sims 2”, which I hated because it made me feel like I have no control over my sims and their lives. But I agree about having the relationships be correct when it comes to how the premade sims love, like or dislike each other. But I like how “The Sims 4” lets me play the way I want, without the annoying Memories system.

I see, I don't know how memories worked in the sims 2, but I think sentiments go away over time in the sims 4 for both played and unplayed sims.

Memories are events that happen in a sim’s life, good or bad. The Memories system is a system requests where you can see all the events that happened in that sim’s life when you play him or her. The memories system applies to all sims. I founded it annoying because I wanted to play “The Sims 2” game without all the events that my sims experience being listed in the game whenever I play with my sims. I prefer that they just have experiences WITHOUT the Memories system. In my opinion, NO memories system one thing is “The Sims 4” did right.

@EliteGirl that's an unpopular opinion, most of us want the memory system from Sims 2 (not sims 3) back in Sims 4.

I am entitled to my opinion and my requests for “The Sims 4”. Just because you and a lot of people want the memory system in the game, DOESN’T mean everyone feels that way. @Calico45 worded it best, that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  • Options
    EnigmaOFFC wrote: »

Memories are events that happen in a sim’s life, good or bad. The Memories system is a system requests where you can see all the events that happened in that sim’s life when you play him or her. The memories system applies to all sims. I founded it annoying because I wanted to play “The Sims 2” game without all the events that my sims experience being listed in the game whenever I play with my sims. I prefer that they just have experiences WITHOUT the Memories system. In my opinion, NO memories system one thing is “The Sims 4” did right.

I am entitled to my opinion and my requests for “The Sims 4”. Just because you and a lot of people want the memory system in the game, DOESN’T mean everyone feels that way. @Calico45 worded it best, that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

@EliteGirl I didn't say you can't have your opinion, don't put things were they weren't said.