Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

7 years and babies are still objects - is it time to make them sims?

Comments

• Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    It would be awesome if you could create&edit babies in cas, and if they resamble to their parents a bit. In the sims 2, is always exciting to wait for the mom to give birth to see what kind of eye color the baby has, or what hair color gets from mom and dad. Those little details are awesome.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I remember getting frustrated about having to play "where's the baby" when I switched back from playing another Sim.

Well *cough* what about that locate sim feature they just updated into game huh :smirk: i wonder if they sneakity sneak it in now in preparation of where's the baby rerun

I mean babies might not be anywhere near my priorities but id still like to have something to do with them cause as it is now i end up just aging in like a sim day cause it gets boring and restricts whatever else i was up to

Oh boy. You might be right about that. A change might be coming.

I'd still rather have Werewolves.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Babies Schmabies.
    I couldn't care less.

Although I hope that one day very very soon we'll all get that highly requested baby upgrade. At least then I no longer have to see or hear a combination of the words "free" and "baby" so that everybody can just focus on me whining about werebeasts, cars andbody hair.

I would be more excited to get bodyhair then free'd babies.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2021
    They could give us babys with a "trade for.../boy hair" option. ;)
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    OR they could give us babies WITH body hair!

Uh.... wait...

WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Now that image is in my head....what have i done?!

edOnlCW.gif

• Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    I know babies and their "life stage/state" is attached to the bassinet. So reworking babies would require a bit of an overhaul. If they could add a few extra features, even if it means they're still attached to the bassinet, it would make them feel somewhat alive I guess. I'd love if they also felt a bit more "alive" and like an actual part of the family. You'd think the family would autonomously visit the house to come and see the new addition/s.

I would like to see these added changes: ability to see needs (they feel a bit like pets...lol), more clothing options (onsies, pacifiers, beanies), changing table (for diaper change/clothing change), bathe in sink, sway baby to sleep (parents would hum and rock them until they fall asleep).

It would be cool to rock baby to sleep in the Nifty Knitting rocking chair too.

Feel free to add more! :)
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2021
    I play 3 a lot and I really don't understand the obsession with wanting them to be free. They function exactly the same in older games where they are "free" but sims just dump their babies on the floor ALL THE TIME. Every time I send my sim to a house with a baby the baby will be laying there in the middle of the kitchen floor. Babies have never worked well being free so for me I prefer them as they are
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    I play 3 a lot and I really don't understand the obsession with wanting them to be free. They function exactly the same in older games where they are "free" but sims just dump their babies on the floor ALL THE TIME. Every time I send my sim to a house with a baby the baby will be laying there in the middle of the kitchen floor. Babies have never worked well being free so for me I prefer them as they are

That's just bad programming. All they need to do is make it so babies can't ever be left on the floor, it's that simple.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2021
    I thought about it, and basically after my nephew came into my life Infancy is so short anyway.

Sure babies need need to learn certain skills too but I feel like that’s part of the toddler stage.

Babies are more of that 0-5 month stage, and toddlers as it is now are the 6 months to 5 year old stages.

I do think babies (toddlers and children) need an update tho. Whether or not to become a actual sim or remain an object I’m not so sure…
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Jeez people, having updated babies doesn't mean that they'll have to be badly made - they can actually make them interesting to play, that's the whole point.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2021
    My family just gave birth to a dark skinned baby when nobody else in the family has a dark skin tone. I'm sick of this kind of thing happening with babies. They need to at least be fixed so things like this don't keep happening, it ruins the game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @Arca your artwork is fantastic. Great use of shadow, lines, et al. Very well done.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    IMO, having the babies as they are is fine with me. If they were to be upgraded that would be cool too. It's not a priority for me though.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Truth be told, out of all life stages, I think Teens need improvement the most. I use a mod to make them shorter. You can give me that excuse that Teens usually are as tall as adults, which is true, but 9 times out of 10 they look nothing like adults IRL. Especially males, their voices are scratchy and their beards are fuzzy. If you can't make them shorter, at least give them things that ONLY teens can do like proms.

Parenthood was a step in the right direction.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2021
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Uh.... wait...

WAIT WAIT WAIT!

edOnlCW.gif
    I wouldn't mind it. I loved the hairy babies in Father Ted:
    x63z8nsdayc41.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind it. I loved the hairy babies in Father Ted:
    x63z8nsdayc41.jpg

Haha yes! Pat Mustard the milkman! I didn’t think anyone here would know him. That’s class! 😂👏🏼

“The Police are after me. I’m so gorgeous they want to arrest me.”
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Jeez people, having updated babies doesn't mean that they'll have to be badly made - they can actually make them interesting to play, that's the whole point.

Exactly, what's funny is, such a negative thinking and low faith coming from people who claim to love TS4 tells a lot about how they really feel about this game or the trust they have in Maxis. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

I feel rather nostalgic about my floor babies...and having to go into Build to find them when Sims left them out in the snow :)

Mostly, I want the crawling stage back. They did a wonderful job with toddlers, but I was a bit disappointed that they could walk immediately. That was my favourite part of toddlers in the past - usually, I'd teach them to walk last because I loved watching them crawl. It would also be nice if babies whose needs were met would grow up into better toddlers - say, less likely to throw tantrums and food. I also want more things for my toddlers - more 'thinking' objects and more skills. (That said, I'm happy that we did get a few new things for toddlers in recent updates and DLC.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Exactly, what's funny is, such a negative thinking and low faith coming from people who claim to love TS4 tells a lot about how they really feel about this game or the trust they have in Maxis. :joy:

I wouldn't say it's Sims 4 specific, more like babies have never really been that good in any of the games. There's always been some kind of issue. And, of course, there's those of us who just feel like more interactions with a crying raisin just isn't that interesting. 😁 I wouldn't read too deeply into it, although any major tweaks or changes to existing features does often mean a whole new set of bugs and issues, so there's that.
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Uh.... wait...

WAIT WAIT WAIT!

edOnlCW.gif

Werewolf babies!! ❤️

Okay, I'm interested.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I want to be able to create babies in CAS. I want to see what genetics are passed down from the parents. In sims 2 you could see what eye and hair color your baby would have and what parent they look more like. I want babies to have different clothes and babies should have different temperaments. Some could be fussier, happier, or sillier. They should have cribs, playpens, changing tables, bouncers, swings, playpens, pacifiers, plushies, rattles. All age groups should be able to interact with the baby. A baby should be able to learn to crawl and walk around furniture. Maybe have walkers as well. Babies should be sims, not objects.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited August 2021
    Truth be told, out of all life stages, I think Teens need improvement the most. I use a mod to make them shorter. You can give me that excuse that Teens usually are as tall as adults, which is true, but 9 times out of 10 they look nothing like adults IRL. Especially males, their voices are scratchy and their beards are fuzzy. If you can't make them shorter, at least give them things that ONLY teens can do like proms.

Parenthood was a step in the right direction.
    I too use a mod to make them shorter. I don't care if it's "realistic" for them to be as tall as young adults. I grew sick of the fact there's nothing distinctive about teenagers while IRL (and previous games) you can immediately tell them apart. In TS4 their lack of distinction becomes glaringly apparent if you're playing with "headlineeffects off" (i.e. can't see their name & age when hovering mouse over them). I consistently play with that because I like to take a lot of screenshots and, well, let's just say my very flirty celeb would be a criminal now if the game didn't automatically block romantic interactions between YAs and teens. Because I most certainly couldn't tell they were teenagers by their appearance.

I too would love them to improve this life-stage. For me, they just lack identity and only feel like watered down young adults who have to go to school. In TS3 (with Generations) I enjoyed my teenagers to a point that some even kinda lost their charm once they grew up.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I don't think there's a way for them to do that, not with me. Sorry.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2021

I don't think there's a way for them to do that, not with me. Sorry.
    Well, that's what the age up option is for. I think the devs generally have to add more options to play life stages - but babies definitely NEED an update if you interested in playing them. If you're not then an update is obviously irrelevant for you. Since you can easily SKIP life stages, I don't see why people that don't play with babies would even care about an update. There are features that people ask for that I'm not interested in, but I will NEVER suggest the devs don't add those things, because of that. As long as I can sufficiently avoid features I'm all for adding everything possible in the game. I'd cheer it on even, because my hope is that when I suggest an update or improvement or adding of a feature, people will cheer that on too, even if they don't necessarily will use it.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    All I am asking with tears in my eyes is that the day that our dreams do come true and our babies become sims. That EA not break my baby clothes, I have close to 200 sets now and it will take forever to fix LOL. <3:D
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I don't care that they're objects, as someone else pointed out, they've always been objects. I would like them to be better objects though.

TS2 & TS3 object babies didn't feel like objects since we could do a lot more with them and they weren't tied to a crib/bassinet. At the very least, I'd like my sims to not put the baby down between interactions. I'd like other objects and places for me to put the baby too, like a swing or baby blanket on the floor with cute toys they can reach for. I'd like the option of changing a crib after birth. I don't need a whole lot but a few of these smaller changes would make me happy.

I'd also love them to address the black babies to white sims. Completely ruins my immersion and nothing makes me age a baby up faster when this bug comes along. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79