Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

7 years and babies are still objects - is it time to make them sims?

1235...Next

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    As a side note, babies have been objects in every single Sims games, both 1 2 and 3.

This is why they can't be edited or created in cas, because they are not actually sims. This is also why babies all look the same aside from skin color variation. Even npcs like Agnes Crumplebottom were technically objects , which is why having a vampire bite her would corrupt your game, because she's not a Sim. But your comment about sims technically not existing until toddlerhood has been the case for every single Sims game.

You just never noticed they were objects because they weren't tied to a crib. They didn't feel like objects. Them being objects is nothing new though.. I'm less familiar with sims 3, but I remember burrito babies were quite a challenge for modders to fix since they are technically objects and not sims.

Do I think they should be freed from the bassinet though? Absolutely.

If you want more info on objects babies,, this article goes into it a bit. https://extratime.media/the-sims-babies-through-the-years/

They are actual sims in S3, you can edit them with cheats in CAS.

Yes, I was remembering that, too - in at least one version, they were Sims with needs that you could see. I don't mind so much having to guess at their needs (real babies can't tell you what's wrong, either), and it's not all that complicated - if you have the option to change the dirty diaper, change them; if they are still crying, feed them; if still crying, love them.

I do enjoy playing the babies in S4, and the different interactions. (In S1, you could only feed, sing and change.) I love the cute little noises they make when you cuddle them. I'd love to have more options, however.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • jackofallgames07jackofallgames07 Posts: 12 New Member
    Technically they are objects in The Sims 2 as well, so they don't need to be proper Sims registered by the game, they just need to be expanded.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I feel like I'm missing out with how they are now. Like if they took as much effort as toddlers it'd be a pain. But right now we can't see their needs, which is a pain. You could say that you wouldn't know a real babies needs, but we're basically gods playing the sims lives not the Sims themselves. Let us see the needs.
    And I'd like some simple interactions. Like showing the baby off in your arms. Being able to take baby pictures. Being able to hold your baby for more than a few seconds. A stroller for babies and toddlers. Maybe that snuggle thing that let's you hold your baby in a carrier on your back or tummy. That way you could do other things and still bond with your baby. Like irl.
    The way babies are treated in this is so weird. It's like leave them in a bassinet and ignore them for several hours while you go about your day. And then go see why they're crying. Because there's nothing else you can really do with them.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I recently discovered babies got sad after a death in the family- after Geeta Rasoya died, her baby granddaughter wouldn't stop crying even after being fed, changed, cuddled, bounced. It was time to age her up anyway and she aged up with that Very Sad moodlet :_

I wonder if there are any other hidden moods/moodlets that the babies have?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    While RL babies are essentially a howling noise at one end with no sense of responsibility at the other, they are not tied to their bassinets. As in the TS2 version, they can be removed from their containers, put places, carried around, and interacted with in several ways. They respond when interacted with, and one can see at least hints of their parentage. They, in their own way, are part of the family. TS4 types offer little to none of that, are little more than the inert clutter scattered around a room.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Jeez people, having updated babies doesn't mean that they'll have to be badly made - they can actually make them interesting to play, that's the whole point.

Yeah but not all updates are "For the best." they don't have to be but there is still the risk of the potential of it not working out.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif