Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Handy sims can fully upgrade animal sheds and chicken coops without the need for livestock upgrade parts.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Townsfolk in Henford-on-Bagley help themselves to things from your refrigerator. The Scotts came over to welcome my Sim to the neighborhood, and while they were there, Simon drank two bottles of his host's milk.

That's a Bob Pancakes-level faux pas. (Bob ate food from my Sim's fridge once, too; he also took a mud bath, pranced around in a towel, and farted loudly.)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Also from Henford-on-Bagley: A wild fox managed to open the door of my Sim's house and ran around inside for a while. He was a very handsome white fox, and he was exceptionally well-behaved.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Also from Henford-on-Bagley: A wild fox managed to open the door of my Sim's house and ran around inside for a while. He was a very handsome white fox, and he was exceptionally well-behaved.

@MoonlightGraham Happened in my game too. Apparently doors can be locked for chickens but not foxes.
  • Options
    We're probably all aware that Agnes Crumplebottom hates it when a Sim flirts with her.

Today I discovered her distaste for romance runs even deeper.

Bjorn and Clara Bjergsen were enjoying a day trip to Henford-on-Bagley. My Sim knows Bjorn--they met while fishing in the river Bagley--so he decided to say hello and meet Bjorn's beloved. While they were chatting, Bjorn and Clara flirted, and Bjorn sweetly kissed his bride's cheek.

Out of nowhere came Agnes. She swatted Bjorn with her pocketbook and stalked off. Poor Bjorn was understandably upset, and as the Bjergsens walked away, his head was hung in shame.

I had no idea Agnes C. was so opposed to marital bliss!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2021
    When taking several rounds of 'selfies' in a row, "Take photo with", half the photos go the to other Sim's inventory. Whether another played Sim or an NPC.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Apparently, there are no quick meals if you have the Simple Living lot challenge...
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Evil Roosters and hens can kill if you keep antagonizing. It's pretty funny to watch the fight between evil roosters and hens. Also if your sim is in a fowl mood when sheering a lama, the lama will bite the wrist of the sim and cause them to throw the sheers.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    If you right click on a sim into the debug menu, there is a new option to kill the sim by evil bunny attack... I haven't used it yet...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    If you right click on a sim into the debug menu, there is a new option to kill the sim by evil bunny attack... I haven't used it yet...

I tried to, but my sim died, not the one I was clicking on! :D not sure if it's a glitch or not, lol.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    TIL that there is a slider in CAS to adjust the size of your Sim's feet.

Christopher, my CoL explorer, is stealing a quirk from Jeb Harris, and goes barefoot most of the time. So I slid them all the way to large. Goes with his "Loves the Outdoors" and Nature aspirations - and also with his Lot Challenge, "Filthy". It's a low lying lot with lots of ponds - I figure one can't help but track mud in on those big stompers.
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    edited July 2021
    I didn't know when you clicked on a Sim in labor, you could have your baby at the hospital if you have GTW! :D

(Wouldn't let me add image)
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I randomly found out the other day that you can actually interact with the lighthouse in Bridlenton Bay. I had no clue that was actually a thing until I saw someone else do it.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I didn't know when you clicked on a Sim in labor, you could have your baby at the hospital if you have GTW! :D

I didn't know that either! :o
    Thanks, I was wondering about that since the only time any of my Sims went to the hospital for a baby was when not at home. Which was very rare.

I didn't know that when taking a few rounds of "selfies" as "Take Photo With", when the other person takes it, it actually goes into their inventory even if an NPC. I found this out by playing someone who is friends with many of my already played Sims. I decided to make then join a household. I was quite surprised to find a bunch of "Selfies" in their inventory. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Sims if they get really cold while sleeping will wake up, switch to cold weather clothes, then get back into bed and pull the covers right over their heads. They look like that "hide from everyone" moodlet action.
    I learned in the same session that even if you have a roaring fireplace, an enclosed room that backs onto it doesn't receive any warmth from it. I shoved a thermostat in the bedroom and that defrosted my poor sims.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

You also get a birth certificate for the baby if you deliver in the hospital. It should be in your sims inventory.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    It's possible to have a garden box on a platform with a fence around it. The sims will still take care of it from the ground level.

p7alk9v.jpg

But then they might also stand in the wrong place to garden, too.

G2wBf8t.jpg
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    My sim with the free lance botanist aspiration had an interaction in the friendly menu to discuss plants with her daughter. Later that day, the daughter, a child, autonomously planted a cherry she had in her inventory.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Probably everyone and their mother knows about this already but, since I'm still a newb to TS4, I had no idea sims can "listen and learn" after they reach a certain skill level in an instrument while watching a sim who's more skillful in that particular instrument.
    vqlRt89.jpg

Had no idea about this, but I love it!
  • Options
    Make your retail lot convivial and your staff will have the "Close The Deal" interaction almost immediately.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I had an idea that moodlets would affect my Sims' ability to do different things, but I just started deliberately trying to use them. I had a Sim take a Thoughtful Shower before he sat down to write his children's book. I think it definitely improved the book's quality, and if I'm not mistaken, he'll earn more royalties from it.

He also made an Excellent! BLT for brunch, without being a particularly talented cook. The dude is on a roll.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I had an idea that moodlets would affect my Sims' ability to do different things, but I just started deliberately trying to use them. I had a Sim take a Thoughtful Shower before he sat down to write his children's book. I think it definitely improved the book's quality, and if I'm not mistaken, he'll earn more royalties from it.

He also made an Excellent! BLT for brunch, without being a particularly talented cook. The dude is on a roll.

Yeah, I enjoy gaming the moodlets as well. If you want to skill fast, then stacking happy moodlets as well as your primary moodlet can make a huge difference. Happy is a special moodlet in that stacks values onto other moodlets

After the sim has had their thoughtful shower, get them a drink, something nice to eat, etc. to increase their happiness and your sim will become very inspired.

Be careful with moodlets like playful tho' - stack that too high and you can kill your sim.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    I never knew that there were secret entrances hidden around Windenburg. One connects the ancient ruins to the Mansion and one connects the island to the bluffs.
  • Options
    Yeah, I enjoy gaming the moodlets as well. If you want to skill fast, then stacking happy moodlets as well as your primary moodlet can make a huge difference. Happy is a special moodlet in that stacks values onto other moodlets

After the sim has had their thoughtful shower, get them a drink, something nice to eat, etc. to increase their happiness and your sim will become very inspired.

Be careful with moodlets like playful tho' - stack that too high and you can kill your sim.

I saw Happy boost the Inspired moodlet in that sequence, too. My Sim has a fireplace, so I had a fire going. He likes the way his house is decorated, and he likes Writing. He was definitely in his happy place.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    There are a LOT of things I didn't know.

Here's the latest: One of my Sims lives in Newcrest, but he's traveled to Henford-on-Bagley to fish and to visit friends he's made who live there. He just got a phone call from Agatha Crumplebottom. She greets me with "Hey, mate!" and invites me to come back to the village for another visit.

So, it appears the friendly folks in the HoB want to see new faces in town!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top