Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I didn't know when you clicked on a Sim in labor, you could have your baby at the hospital if you have GTW! :D

(Wouldn't let me add image)

@Mizzila1297 if you play rotationally and have a doctor that you play whose level is high enough to deliver babies, he will be the one that delivers your baby too. Also, I think at some point you can ask the doctor if you are having a boy or a girl. I haven’t tried that yet though.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Also, I think at some point you can ask the doctor if you are having a boy or a girl. I haven’t tried that yet though.

Unfortunately not. Only the doctor Sim can offer to determine the baby gender, not the other way round.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I didn't know when you clicked on a Sim in labor, you could have your baby at the hospital if you have GTW! :D

(Wouldn't let me add image)

@Mizzila1297 if you play rotationally and have a doctor that you play whose level is high enough to deliver babies, he will be the one that delivers your baby too. Also, I think at some point you can ask the doctor if you are having a boy or a girl. I haven’t tried that yet though.

That's an awesome little addition they added, with your own Sim being the doctor!
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Also, I think at some point you can ask the doctor if you are having a boy or a girl. I haven’t tried that yet though.

Unfortunately not. Only the doctor Sim can offer to determine the baby gender, not the other way round.

I believe it was that way in TS3, too, where you could determine the gender of the baby, but the pregnant Sim couldn't request it. Only the Sim that was a doctor (and high enough in the career) could offer.
    Still a really cool feature!
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    edited August 2021
    I discovered this randomly. Seems that when a sim is very sad, the night ambient sounds' pitch and speed will slow down a bit. Probably to make it sound more 'sad-like' and make it fit with the emotion?

Update: Turns out it changes in every emotion
    Post edited by IVXXXVI on
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    SO haven't paid much attention to my pet's as much to what they do on their own at times. BUT, I first time seeing that dogs eat their own poop.
    FTTTTTTTTTTTT--
    GYXBop0.png

I thought my sim may have been autonomously cleaning up when they do their business when I didnt' see it anymore, since I wanted to use it for fertilizer when it happened, just happened to catch their dog doing this. Doggo, WHY? :tired_face:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Did you know if you put a money tree in your house inventory when its ready to harvest the seeds will come off and you can plant them. If you harvest them you have to sell them. You can't just pick them. I did this over and over and ended up with a money tree orchard with 35 money tree's.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I just learned that Sims getting married can share a slice of cake. I've never managed to have a caterer at a wedding before and it was an adorable surprise.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    For the childhood social aspiration, if your sim child asks an adult to help them with their homework, they end up good friends! Easy way to make adult friends 😆
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    There are two weaknesses that make vampires tense. However, if they gain these traits then gain Laid Back from finishing the aspiration from the Island expansion packs, those weaknesses go away.

Guilty Drinker and... Sun phobia, or something like that.
    Also on vampires, don't get the strength that removes your ability to feel emotions. Vampires last long so they have the potential to complete many or all aspirations, some of which include emotions.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    This is probably common knowledge, but I had no clue that if you direct your sim to eat food and then use the toilet, they will take the food to the toilet and eat as they relieve themselves. This totally caught me off guard. lol

hjKxex7.png
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2021
    @Mstybl95 I just saw that one for the first time, too! I've seen Sims carry their plate to their next task when I queue up something for them to do after their meal, but I don't guess I'd ever set up the meal/potty break sequence.

Your Sim looks so pleased with herself! :D
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I forget if I posted this already or not, but:
    The items that sims mold out of clay have hidden emotional auras.
    Here are the ones I have figured out:

Llama: Playful
    Egg shape with sticks poked through it: Energized

Does anyone know any others?
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    The easiest way to drown sims is to make them swim while freezing.

Q7tFaQp.png
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    There's a second version of the 'Nanoo Nanoo Bassinet' in debug. When placed down, it spawns a baby that isn't a part of the household, but can be clicked on for the usual options (it cannot be interacted with, despite the options being there, as the attempting sim will drop the interaction and teleport away from in front of the bassinet).
    rOtRYKq.png
    Also, they updated the shift+click option on the bassinets to state that it starves the baby (I didn't test with other bassinets and babies, so I cannot confirm if it's just for the aforementioned). It used to just be an empty option with no text.
    XoJb8k3.png
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I can confirm from the last time I had an active bassinet (the default base-game ordinary human one) that the formerly blank option does now say "starves baby", rather than being blank. Grim, but better than "hey kids - guess what this does?" that it used to be.
    So remember if I posted this or not here, but this is such a useful cheat.

Let me just add this... It's a little cheat you can do with EL.

If you have Tiny Living, make your house a micro home and set that up in the lot description.

If you have City Living, I think, set the house to have Geothermal and Natural Well.

Now the good stuff.--

Have the cheapest furniture you can get.

Add roof windmills, as they produce the most power. 3 or 4 should be enough.

Add 1 or 2 large dew collectors.

Use bill discount flooring and walls.

Set house to off the grid.

Use only off the grid appliances.

Set electricity and water to sell.

NAPs can help! Set up the power and water conservation NAPs.

If done right, your bills will lead to profits, rather than expenses.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Riding a bike builds the Fitness skill. There's no progress bar above the sim's head to indicate any skill building, so I only discovered it by chance because one of my sims levelled up while riding today.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    When doing home make over you can sort catalog by decor style etc

You can also take before pictures more than once

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Pregnant sims can puke into those "special" bushes in Windenburg.

Taking a dog on an adventure cleans them.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

If only that worked irl, but it seems to be the opposite
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

I didn't know that you can have "power" in a lot that is "off-the-grid", if you produce more than you use. FINALLY!

A whole new menu pops up apparently where you can designate what uses the power (and water if that is also an issue, yet you produce more than consume)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

If only that worked irl, but it seems to be the opposite

@LynnPlayz1 haha yes every time i have taken a dog on an adventure, dog has returned extremely happy but having rolled in whatever was the most disgusting item nearby on the adventure

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims bound by the Simple Living lot challenge can cook autonomously if they have the ingredients.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top