Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Archie128 wrote: »
    I didn't know there are also festivals in Sulani! 🙁

@Archie128 I just bought Island Living yesterday. I'd read on the forum that festivals happen in Sulani, but they have a much more impromptu feel than the ones that happen in San Myshuno. You might miss the Sulani festivals if you're not looking for them, but I think that fits the island vibe very well.

And, welcome to the forum!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

This magic trash-can gives you money every time you drag anything into it like a plate or glass, etc...
    So if you can! Best to keep your Sims NOT cleaning up. Then drag every thing to this device. :D

Pdd3tuV.png

Reminds me of "Mr. Fusion". :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    @MoonlightGraham

Thanks!

I didn't know because they weren't mentioned in the Sims Wiki
    @MoonlightGraham

Thanks!

I recommend ignoring the San Myshuno festivals unless you, as the player, actually wants to do them.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @MoonlightGraham

Thanks!

I recommend ignoring the San Myshuno festivals unless you, as the player, actually wants to do them.

@Archie128 I second that statement. I'll sometimes think, "Would my Sim want to go to this festival now?"

Maybe they get a text from another Sim inviting them to join them at the festival. Would they like to hang out with that person? A Sim with a new boyfriend or girlfriend might very well pass on the Romance Festival, unless they took their partner with them. If their Sim was the more serious type, the Humor & Hijinks event wouldn't be their choice.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    @MoonlightGraham

I don't mind receiving notifications about the festivals. It's not like my Sims are required to attend all of them.
    @MoonlightGraham

I don't mind receiving notifications about the festivals. It's not like my Sims are required to attend all of them.

I agree. I don't mind it. The option is there.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

But I wish the game also notifies us about the Sulani festivals.

I can't memorize the schedule 🤣

Festival Day Time
    Family Fun Day Random 9 am – 4 pm
    Towne BBQ Mondays 4 pm – 10 pm
    Flower & Music Tuesdays 1 pm – 7 pm
    Town Potluck Wednesdays 6 pm – 12pm
    Island Celebration Thursdays 9 am – 12 pm
    Beach Bonfire Fridays 6 pm – 12 pm
    Fishing Tournament Saturdays 12 pm – 9 pm

I can't post the link to the source yet
  • DazedLlamaDazedLlama Posts: 15 Member
    > @Archie128 said:
    > But I wish the game also notifies us about the Sulani festivals.
    >
    > I can't memorize the schedule 🤣
    >
    > Festival Day Time
    > Family Fun Day Random 9 am – 4 pm
    > Towne BBQ Mondays 4 pm – 10 pm
    > Flower & Music Tuesdays 1 pm – 7 pm
    > Town Potluck Wednesdays 6 pm – 12pm
    > Island Celebration Thursdays 9 am – 12 pm
    > Beach Bonfire Fridays 6 pm – 12 pm
    > Fishing Tournament Saturdays 12 pm – 9 pm
    >
    > I can't post the link to the source yet

@Archie128 Oh, thank you! I didn't even know about some of them. My sims just one or two times accidentally got to a festival on Sulani. Need to spend more time there :smile:
    edited July 2021
    @Archie128 @Admiral8Q I might not have been clear in my post. I actually enjoy getting the notifications, especially the texts from other Sims inviting my Sim out to experience them. It's a good way to discover which Sims might be interested in friendship, or perhaps more. The possibilities for storylines in SimLit are intriguing.

Another thing I didn't know until very recently: Sims from Sulani seem to travel to other worlds a lot. I wasn't terribly surprised when my intern Sim saw some Sulanian patients at the Willow Creek Hospital, since it's the only healthcare facility in the Sims universe. I wasn't as prepared to run across them at the Harbor Quarter Gym in Windenburg. I smiled when I saw some townies, obviously from Sulani, wearing their island attire on a snowy Windenburg winter morning.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited July 2021
    DazedLlama wrote: »
    @Archie128 Oh, thank you! I didn't even know about some of them. My sims just one or two times accidentally got to a festival on Sulani. Need to spend more time there :smile:

@DazedLlama We just got Island Living, so we haven't explored Sulani very much yet. We're going to create a household that lives there and fully embraces the Sulani lifestyle. It will be fun to discover a festival taking place, and if we want to make sure we don't miss it, we can check the schedule. In my headcanon, the topic might have come up in a conversation with a long-time Sulani resident, who mentioned when and where the festival would take place.

From one newbie to another, welcome to the forum! :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited July 2021
    It seems like making sure patients don't stand in line too long, bringing them to exam rooms, and checking their temperatures, etc. is NOT the best way for a beginning Doctor to spend their time at work.

I had my Intern (level 1) prioritize those tasks and put off more mundane items on his task list, such as getting a cup of coffee. At the end of his shift, there were no patients in line...and my Intern's job performance was Terrible. He was paid the grand total of 22 Simoleons for 8 hours of work...and his base pay rate is 18s/hour!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    A kleptomaniac sim's fun meter is instantly maximised when they swipe an item.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Probably everyone and their mother knows about this already but, since I'm still a newb to TS4, I had no idea sims can "listen and learn" after they reach a certain skill level in an instrument while watching a sim who's more skillful in that particular instrument.
    vqlRt89.jpg
    Thrior wrote: »
    Probably everyone and their mother knows about this already but, since I'm still a newb to TS4, I had no idea sims can "listen and learn" after they reach a certain skill level in an instrument while watching a sim who's more skillful in that particular instrument.
    vqlRt89.jpg

@Thrior I didn't know about it. I wonder how good a musician your Sim has to be? I don't recall seeing it, but I think the most skilled instrumentalist I've had played Level 3 guitar.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2021
    @MoonlightGraham I don't know for sure but Carl's guide for piano seems to say it needs to have lvl 5 skill to do this. And Blaze here is currently lvl 5 on Guitar (while the one who's playing has max skill). So seems to be the same for all instruments. (And btw, he did gain skill from listening so it has an actual effect.)
    Thrior wrote: »
    @MoonlightGraham I don't know for sure but Carl's guide for piano seems to say it needs to have lvl 5 skill to do this. And Blaze here is currently lvl 5 on Guitar (while the one who's playing has max skill). So seems to be the same for all instruments. (And btw, he did gain skill from listening so it has an actual effect.)

@Thrior That makes sense. I can listen to Brian May or Orianthi all day long and I'll still play like trash. :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    It seems like making sure patients don't stand in line too long, bringing them to exam rooms, and checking their temperatures, etc. is NOT the best way for a beginning Doctor to spend their time at work.

I had my Intern (level 1) prioritize those tasks and put off more mundane items on his task list, such as getting a cup of coffee. At the end of his shift, there were no patients in line...and my Intern's job performance was Terrible. He was paid the grand total of 22 Simoleons for 8 hours of work...and his base pay rate is 18s/hour!

did you ever find out what is expected to advance in that career? I tried it once and only once because like you, I tried to prioritize the things that make the most sense, and tanked. Gave up because it was demoralizing.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Maybe many of you already know this, but my sim was able to wade in the water in Magnolia Promenade. It wasn't a pond I created; it came installed with the pack. She was able to stand waist deep in the water
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    I took my family of sims to the Festival of Light, and the two oldest children ate Cupid cupcakes. This seemed to make them flirty and therefore glitched. Major oops 😂. If the idea of those cupcakes is to get people flirty, children shouldn’t be allowed to eat them, just like the toddlers can’t.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @CaprianaB After a patch a long time ago it was possible to wade not only at Magnolia promenade but at several other spots in other worlds. Then came a patch and it was not possible anymore except that you could cross the little river in Brindleton Bay.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I came across this sentiment that was about canned. All my sim did was give the other a funny gift.
    637091ec8e0475ebd737278ae29c112a4918687a.png
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

edited July 2021
    did you ever find out what is expected to advance in that career? I tried it once and only once because like you, I tried to prioritize the things that make the most sense, and tanked. Gave up because it was demoralizing.

@Nushnushganay I did, actually. You really do have to focus on the tasks that you're given, and work your way through completing them. Even if it seems counterproductive to chat with a coworker when there are patients waiting in line, taking a moment to do that will help you fill out that green bar. I'm envisioning that as the kind of thing that would lead the supervising physician to rate my Sim highly for how well he works with the rest of the staff.

At the same time, you need to make sure there are patients in the exam rooms, awaiting your attention, so you can complete the patient care tasks you're given. You can't check a patient's temperature if they're all standing in line at the reception desk.

After two days of this work strategy--including one when I maxed out the green bar with an hour and a half remaining in my shift, so I got to practice my patient care skills--my Sim got his first promotion. Hope that helps!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I took my family of sims to the Festival of Light, and the two oldest children ate Cupid cupcakes. This seemed to make them flirty and therefore glitched. Major oops 😂. If the idea of those cupcakes is to get people flirty, children shouldn’t be allowed to eat them, just like the toddlers can’t.

What kinds of interactions were the kids doing, and were they doing them with anyone other than kids? That would make the difference whether it's a shocking and bad glitch, or just a harmless reflection of the reality of kids having Kindergarten crushes. Now I want to go see for myself. Post-patch so no mods, so that would be a good time to go look.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member

What kinds of interactions were the kids doing, and were they doing them with anyone other than kids? That would make the difference whether it's a shocking and bad glitch, or just a harmless reflection of the reality of kids having Kindergarten crushes. Now I want to go see for myself. Post-patch so no mods, so that would be a good time to go look.

As far as I could tell, they weren’t doing any flirty interactions (as they seemed to only be interacting with their family members while on free will), but their whims indicated they wanted to schedule a date, the boy stretched to his dad’s height, and both their portraits went weird when I clicked on them. I didn’t explore whether they could actually flirt with anyone, I was too worried about whether my game would break!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top