Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch or I'm just being blind, but how does my sim purchase a mystery box? I've tried clicking on the grocery and gardening stalls but no option has come up to 'purchase mystery box'. I've tried on fair days and normal days...? Also when my sims haggle has been granted it's not coming up with the discounts when I go to buy?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Emmy142 wrote: »
    My cow plant just grew up and this morning when my sim went out, it was back to showing as a "baby" plant again. However when I click on it, I can still feed him and play with him, so still an adult, just looks like a baby? I exited the game and came back. Same. Left lot, same. I have no mods or cc installed. I'm not sure if this is specific to cottage living, as this is my first cow plant.

I had this happen way before the patches that began in March 2021. I don't believe it's EP specific. Just my opinion. I would still report it, if I were you. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    My refrigerator and stove suffer from lag. Whenever I click on them it takes a while for the menu pops up. Super annoying!

Same here!
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Ah yes I forgot to add I do not get any nightly mushrooms. I even got a physical mushroom from a quest reward and planted it. Nada.

I did the me too thing on Answers HQ but I will go back for that today as well.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Just a reminder. We have a thread in General Discussion for those who do not have Cottage Living and may be experiencing patch related bugs.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992065/list-of-problems-we-encountered-so-far-since-the-july-20-patch/p1

I have the EP but the world wouldn't appear. I took out all of the cc I had and now works fine. I guess some cc has a bug in it. Anyhow, the world is beautiful and my family is now in a small cottage up by the waterfall.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Does anyone have issues with cows and llamas becoming invisible for a short time after interacting with them? It happens in my game quite frequently (and it's annoying). They usually become visible again after a few sim hours, but I want to be able to milk/shear after I feed a treat and that's not always possible.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Sheena1985Sheena1985 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where do your pumpkins, watermelons etc go after harvest? They are not in the inventory but had pumpkins seeds. How can I enter a big ol pumpkin into garden gardening competitions when they vanish?
  • Options
    FrownyghostFrownyghost Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm experiencing a ton of bugs, but by far the most annoying is the fact that I can't keep my coops and sheds clean. I clean them, and then they're almost instantly dirty again. My animals are so miserable all the time because it's impossible to keep on top of! I saw a fix floating around for PC that involved messing around in the game files, but unfortunately that's not going to help me much on PS5.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm getting the 'object moved to household inventory' message whenever I plant oversized crops. Bug report can be found here for anyone else experiencing this issue.

I've done the usual recommendations, but the issue is still there. I can still place the crops in the garden patches from build & buy mode, and they still grow as normal, so it's not necessarily game-breaking, but it is annoying.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Some of my findings:

-If you do a ton of errands you first get an errand "Show Off", some people have had trouble completing it, I could do so. Then you are given "Henford Hero" - errand, that will not complete.
    -Enabling Evil chickens to help you means nobody in your family will ever die, regardless of their relationship with the chicken
    - Agnes Crumblebottom cross-stitch texture is unfinished, has bright red "WIP" letters on it
    - Golden chickens are ridiculously OP
    - Errand rewards need to be tuned, I got an orchid from agnes crumblebottom for my first errand, and the third gave me a golden treat
    - Snow textures on Bramblewood regarding new wild plants is glitchy

- Simple living lot challenge causes pie menu lag on the fridge
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Gardening is STILL very much broken which is just insane....we are 3 years into this glitch now of plants disappearing and going back to seedlings. I can also confirm this is also happening on console as well.....seems to happen the most with base game plants and plants from previous packs. This bug makes gardening unplayable which basically makes this pack almost useless gameplay wise as it comes with very little gameplay other than the new gardening stuff. Oh and I can confirm what one person said above about the cowplant also having issues. It reverts back to baby and it also dies randomly even if it is well cared for.....same with plants and trees, they will either revert back to seedlings or they will randomly die even though it says they are in perfect health.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited July 2021
    My calendar is not working right because I don't know how to put my sims birthday on it, it's not giving me the option. My restaurants are not functioning properly either.
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »
    Gardening is STILL very much broken which is just insane....we are 3 years into this glitch now of plants disappearing and going back to seedlings. I can also confirm this is also happening on console as well.....seems to happen the most with base game plants and plants from previous packs. This bug makes gardening unplayable which basically makes this pack almost useless gameplay wise as it comes with very little gameplay other than the new gardening stuff. Oh and I can confirm what one person said above about the cowplant also having issues. It reverts back to baby and it also dies randomly even if it is well cared for.....same with plants and trees, they will either revert back to seedlings or they will randomly die even though it says they are in perfect health.

I'm confused. I'm using gardening all the time, both lots with plants created before I bought CL and new lots I created afterward, with newly planted harvestable plants. I'm not experiencing any problems at all with the plants. They grow regularly and can be harvested when in season. None of them dies randomly in my game or reverts to seedling. Is this glitch affecting many Simmers? Does it have anything to do with CC or mods? (I use neither).

• Options
    - Simple living lot challenge causes pie menu lag on the fridge

I'm experiencing pie menu lag on the fridge in lots without the simple loving challenge.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    After the Finchwick fair, my cow went to my household inventory but now I'm unable to place it back in the world. I just get the error message 'must be placed on specific objects'. Also I never got the milk that I submitted back or told where that placed in the competition.

You have to click on the actual animal shed to add your animal back into it.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I've only played for 3-4 days, and there's so much I did not do yet, or old stuff I did not check, but this far I had surprisingly few bugs. Gardening works as it should, despite I'm rotating a lot between lots.

I had a few cases of weird routing, including a sim taking a while getting to the directed spot, but then suddenly teleporting there. I first thought it was a new feature when the walk was very long as it might be just as silly taking one hour walking cross your lot, so I did not mind, but reading others think of it as a glitch, I might agree to that. No biggie though. Also had a couple sims hanging in the air while using staircases, but as it fixed itself and I'm not sure whether I quickly switched floors etc when it happened, no big deal either.

One hen got stuck outside the coop. When my sim wanted to interact with the bird, she walked elsewhere. The bird was happy all along, making me think the bird lived/worked correctly technically, but only the visual was stuck. I assume it would be fixed by moving the coop (build mode) or switching households, did not check back if switching houses helped.

Also noticed that in some views (depending on distance =LOD?) the hills far back had no snow while my lot was covered by snow. It looked wrong, but I only noticed when zooming far out in cam mode, so no big deal.

I also noticed one sim's last name had been reset to the NPC he was based on. I will just fix it in CAS later on. Didn't bother to check other sims based on NPCs - but some of those I played had not had their name reset. Hopefully dead sims are not affected, but if so I still have my online family tree that I use more than the in game one.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021
    Schantal wrote: »

I'm confused. I'm using gardening all the time, both lots with plants created before I bought CL and new lots I created afterward, with newly planted harvestable plants. I'm not experiencing any problems at all with the plants. They grow regularly and can be harvested when in season. None of them dies randomly in my game or reverts to seedling. Is this glitch affecting many Simmers? Does it have anything to do with CC or mods? (I use neither).

It's a bug that happens at random and is difficult to replicate, in case you are interested bienchen and littlemssam posted some interesting information about what could be causing it in this thread here.

bienchen found out for example that the chance of it happening increases if you use low quality fertilizer and your eco footprint changes a lot because of the evolution points system.

There is also a bug which has been a bug for a long time where you can only weed one plant with one fertilizer. If you click on all of your plants in a row and fertilize them only the first plant will be fertilized properly.
  • Options
    zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    My sims has the "indoor" lifestyle and twice now I've noticed that since Cottage Living, she'll get this tense moodlet that said she's been outside too long...while indoor. Mind you my sims still do most things indoor, there's not been a significant change in her daily routine. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    No strange mushrooms ever appear in Bramblewood for me, I even spent 3 days there waiting...

Sad bunny face.

I'm having trouble finding any harvestables to harvest as well. There are few plants & the only ones I can find appear to be fully grown but I can only view, take a cutting or uproot them.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If you activate testing cheats and debug, a lot of objects have the option to "create animal" on them, like the lights on the river from the light festival in Mt. Komorebi. And those lights, don't light up anymore at night.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I also am having problems finding harvestables in the world. Did find the chocoberries and was finally able to harvest them by getting there at 5:00 a.m. but looked everywhere for other harvestables and unable to find any. It is mid spring in my game so there should be more harvestables out there.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I also am having problems finding harvestables in the world. Did find the chocoberries and was finally able to harvest them by getting there at 5:00 a.m. but looked everywhere for other harvestables and unable to find any. It is mid spring in my game so there should be more harvestables out there.

I am beginning to think that this is a feature. They did put emphasis on foraging during the promotional period, so it might be intentional that you don't find it whenever you actually want it.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I have sims that freeze up, stand still and then teleport. Currently I am playing a modded game so I am going to have to create a new clean save to test this in before doing a me too.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I dont think this should exist.

41724699rw.jpg
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    After some thinking whether I should buy the EP or not I finally got the EP and now I really regret it. My game is full of bugs. No Mods or CC here:

- Deliveries are not working in apartments or rental lots. Any delivery!: pizzas, groceries or food.
    - Plants keep resetting as usual. You have to play some time and then they just reset randomly, mainly at 7:00 AM.
    - Sims get fat quicker. Now sims need 3 bites to finish the meal. Well, the first bite grants almost full hunger, so you have to cancel the eating action or your sims will eat too much and get fat. But, if you do so, you won't get the buff of a great meal.
    - Many routing issues in general, but specially cooking. My sims cook on the counter with the microwave. No mods or CC and no moveobjects. They just cook INSIDE the microwave as if there was nothing on the counter. Just place a fridge, a counter next to it with a microwave and try to do canning with chocolate syrup.
    - Sheds and specially coops get dirty very quickly. I have to clean them like 3 times a day.
    - Shopping carts (garden or groceries) are not working outside the new world. Really? Should I go to the new world to do the shopping?

Is it too much to ask that you to test the game before you release it? We are testing the product that we paid for.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top