Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could change things about Cottage Living it would be...

I like it more than I thought. I really love the store stalls. We should've had a market a long time ago. What would I change?

1. Rabbits shouldn't be able to go in locked fences. This is the biggest thing that could be changed for me. You can scare them, but I wouldn't have to if they couldn't come in.
2. Of course I don't like the cows/llamas tied to the sheds/unbreedable/only 1 per shed.
3. More than one 64x64. I had expected larger lots for something like this.
4. No electric fence.

I haven't tried the llamas/embroidery stuff yet, so I don't know how that is. It is a pretty countryside aside from having smaller lots than should be on a farming type pack. I like how the different fences connect. I like many of the animal interactions. I haven't tried putting multi sheds together yet. I did notice the truck on one of the places and it is real nice. I wish we could drive it. Hopefully, it means vehicles are coming. Not crazy about the small lots, no electric fences, and tied animals, but aside from that, I actually like the pack. I wonder if we will ever get tractors, pigs/goats/other animals, electric fences( they missed a huge opportunity to put these in and seeing sims shocked/death by electric current ect.). Do we even have corn in the game? Maybe they will add some type of petting zoo and add them.

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I would change so that the cows can wander away like the chicks and rabbits can. They only move about in their little square. ;)
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    For me:

More than one animal per shed and option to breed

Wheat harvestable so we can make everything ourselves and we don't have to buy animal feed, flour and sugar.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    That I had it now and not have to wait for courier next week. :( But I saved money which will go to buying Designer when its on sale so its all good. Sort of. But I really want to play in the countryside. Sigh.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    There should be premade mid priced family houses available in HoB. My family of four (+ cat) had to move to a tiny starter home because there weren't any suitable homes for them. There was only one but it was 103 000 Simoleons and it was too expensive.
    I can't build, so my Sims are in trouble. They used to live in a spacious premade house in Evergreen Harbor and I'm starting to regret that I moved them. It seems that families have been forgotten when they made premade houses. :/
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I haven't played with the larger animals yet but I'm enjoying the chickens.

I wish they'd given us a 2 seat sofa to match the armchair with the gorgeous floral swatch.
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    For me:

More than one animal per shed and option to breed

Breeding baby cows and llamas would have been <3!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    That packs cross especially cats and dogs, because I would suspect that dogs would chase unwanted animals like foxes away from the chicken coop. Just little things like that and most importantly better autonomy in general, I like the autonomous garden tending with CL.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    For me:

That the suggestion of using the cow plant for plant milk had been used.

Sheep

After creating a pond, or anything with the water tool, if you want to fish you can just choose what fish to stock without having your sim needing to know about fish first to stock the pond with.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited July 2021
    Seeing as how I've only built so far, I would add plain swatches to the wallpaper, and more swatches to the wood flooring. Also, I would have liked windows for medium wall height as well.

Edit: Also, I would make the Gnome's Arms pub face the right way in map view. It shows the back of the build.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited July 2021
    I really like the pack, and don't like to be negative but the animation sequence for interacting with the new objects like the chickens, cow, birds etc makes me a little disappointed. I will not use those objects as much as I thought I would because it is a bit embarrassing to look at, sadly. Gestures are reused, and they are too simple and without charm - it is a video game after all and the animations makes it worth looking at. The voice when talking to chickens is the same as the vendor cry-out, which makes my skin itch.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I haven't bought the pack yet, as I'd been slowly sliding off the fence about it for various reasons (the primary one being a distinct lack of interest in farming type activities). And now that I know that it includes some immortal sims, ones that I never wanted and were unnecessary in the first place, I'm thinking that just may be the final straw for me. It's a shame, because I did sort of want the world itself.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Different shed design so we can stack them in a line - just like terrace houses.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2021
    Definitely would have removed the Cow Barn/Shed, and Chicken Coop, or at least unbind Cows and Chickens from them.
    I rather use the Stable that I had built for them about a year ago, in the event we ever got cows. I rather they be a Life state than a object.My stable was suppose to contain 10-20 cows but It only contains 1 because for some reason even the Shed has a limit of 1 capacity. if cows are an object might as well just purchase them in buy mode why bother with a shed?

trying t make it work where The Shed is like hidden from view, or is a side object within my stable, but I'm not sure where to put it.

And change the fact that the crumplebottoms control the market. and festivals. I would prefer it if my sims were able to manage it.

Other than that I don’t think I’d change that much, I appreciate all the lots are aligned perfectly, with the world around them, except maybe the Cafe lot, on the map it shows as reversed from where it’s actually facing.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    adding a shop by recipie option when at the market stall. Its a small thing but it would make shopping easier
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited July 2021
    Free the cows and llamas! :D

Seriously, the pack is gorgeous and I've barely scratched the surface. I don't have Cats & Dogs, but I am disappointed to hear that there seems to be no pack interaction there. We had dogs, cows and chickens, etc for a few years when I was a kid, and they definitely interact. Sadly, this is often to the smaller animal's detriment, so I am glad we are spared having dog/cat/chicken&bunnie fights (we know who will lose that in real life :# ), and cows stomping pets, but it would have been fun if they could play chase with each other a little, and make friends with each other. It would have been nice to see a beagle making friends with bunnies.

I would have liked to breed cows and llamas, and we will never have the fun (?) of a cow stampede. ;)

edited to add: looks like my fears are incorrect. There is some cross packing going on with the pets after all (hopefully they will remain non violent ;) ). I based my comments on early reports. I should know better! Never assume. I still wish we could breed larger animals, and that the cows and llamas had a larger roaming space. But that's just nit-picking. this pack is awesome.
    Post edited by Isharell on
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My theory is the longer this thread is, the worse the pack is. Prove me wrong.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

Seriously, the pack is gorgeous and I've barely scratched the surface. I don't have Cats & Dogs, but I am disappointed to hear that there seems to be no pack interaction there. We had dogs, cows and chickens, etc for a few years when I was a kid, and they definitely interact. Sadly, this is often to the smaller animal's detriment, so I am glad we are spared having dog/cat/chicken&bunnie fights (we know who will lose that in real life :# ), and cows stomping pets, but it would have been fun if they could play chase with each other a little, and make friends with each other. It would have been nice to see a beagle making friends with bunnies.

I would have liked to breed cows and llamas, and we will never have the fun (?) of a cow stampede. ;)

I've seen a dog interact with a chick I wish I could find the Reddit post cause it was the cutest thing lol

I don't know abt the other animals. But I haven't seen anything abt the dogs chasing foxes away. If I had the pack I would check if different traits would change that.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options

I've seen a dog interact with a chick I wish I could find the Reddit post cause it was the cutest thing lol

I don't know abt the other animals. But I haven't seen anything abt the dogs chasing foxes away. If I had the pack I would check if different traits would change that.

I don't have Cats & Dogs so I'm basing my comments on what I've read here on the forum. From what I've seen it appears the dogs don't chase the foxes and the other animals don't interact with C&D. I hope this is wrong, and if not, I hope they change that.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

I don't have Cats & Dogs so I'm basing my comments on what I've read here on the forum. From what I've seen it appears the dogs don't chase the foxes and the other animals don't interact with C&D. I hope this is wrong, and if not, I hope they change that.

Someone said they can chase foxes away. I think it was mentioned on an iron seagull stream. I’ve also seen some small interactions here and there. Just meowing cat at the animals and playful dog. It’s like the dog was trying to play with the cow. Was so cute he kept jumping at her. The new animals also sometimes seem to take notice of the cat and dog. Nothing major but they do get a thought bubble about them. So something I guess.

On topic I would add more canning recipes (nothing with lemons or cherries is so odd). I would also want some more large crops as 5 is so few

But honestly I wouldn’t change much. I really do love this pack a ton.
  • Options
    Akl500P wrote: »

Someone said they can chase foxes away. I think it was mentioned on an iron seagull stream. I’ve also seen some small interactions here and there. Just meowing cat at the animals and playful dog. It’s like the dog was trying to play with the cow. Was so cute he kept jumping at her. The new animals also sometimes seem to take notice of the cat and dog. Nothing major but they do get a thought bubble about them. So something I guess.

On topic I would add more canning recipes (nothing with lemons or cherries is so odd). I would also want some more large crops as 5 is so few

But honestly I wouldn’t change much. I really do love this pack a ton.

Cool! I've gone back and edited my first post. If the C&D do have interactions with the farm animals, I might be forced to buy that pack sooner than I had expected.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Livestock tied to barns/sheds and being unbreedable is the biggest complaint from me so far, from someone who hasn't played the pack. Aside from Crumplebottoms being unplayable without cheats (although I understand why, given their special role & Agnes' special animation). You don't necessarily need bulls (male llamas can still give wool, but bulls would purely be for knocking up cows I guess?), just would need baby llamas & cows. Kind of strange they didn't since they included baby chicks along with regular chickens.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Well, I was thinking maybe there could have been some goats added since you can also get goat's milk and maybe being able to have small animals like rabbits as a pet since we can already have racoons and foxes as pets. Also now I'm thinking about it, maybe a water wheel could have been added since they can also generate electricity since we do have ponds too as well as pond swimming too. That's pretty much it for my thoughts.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    Put the dlcs on disc so I can play it when they discontinue the Sims 4. But no they'd rather have buy it digitally so you cannot play the Sims 4 anymore,mea will be like "sorry it's against our rules to play previous titles because there's more to buy in Sims 5" screw EA and it's greedy leaders, Sims 3 is king of all Sims games
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The look of the world in the autumn. It's such an ugly palette to me, all these dark washed-out greys with insanely bright lavender and maroon trees with white flowers. It looks nothing like autumn in any part of England I've seen. The colors look more reminiscent of Sixam or Forgotten Hollow somehow.

I think the whole world is a bit overly grey, especially the soil, but I could overlook that more easily if the autumn wasn't so weird.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    angelbear wrote: »
    adding a shop by recipie option when at the market stall. Its a small thing but it would make shopping easier

This would be awesome. I'm still working on a plan to simplify meal planning and shopping for groceries. Right now I'm considering a daily trip to the market stall. I can get staples from my farm and then plan meals based on what's available at the market stall.