Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use mods?

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Other: Mods may fix some issues but things are such a hot mess I do not want to take the chance of making it worse. Half a game is better then nothing. I'll wait for EA to get off there backside for fixes.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Other.

No for now, I find little reason for them. Also I don't have time hunting for mods and keeping them up to date or wonder whenever this or that bug is from the game itself or some mod I've installed. I might consider using some mods after the game has run its course and is no longer officially updated, but I don't find many popular mods (Meaningful Stories for example) very interesting to begin with, MCCC has couple minor functions that I find useful, but I often wonder if it worth fiddling with all those settings just to get couple things out of it.

Soooo, that's a "No. But I've considered and am curious?"

I'm not curious :D , I pretty much know what the mods do and what the most popular one are offering and for now consider it too much trouble with little gain. Usually I do use mods in other games but only when I'm playing a game that has run its course, so it's more like "No for now, but considering it in the future when there will be no more official updates... maybe" closer to "No, I see little reason for them" but i don't play on console.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I have a couple of cute mods, but only if I’m in story mode.

When I’m building and plan to share on the gallery I take out all mods and CC.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Console: No, I see little reason for them.
    Other.

No for now, I find little reason for them. Also I don't have time hunting for mods and keeping them up to date or wonder whenever this or that bug is from the game itself or some mod I've installed. I might consider using some mods after the game has run its course and is no longer officially updated, but I don't find many popular mods (Meaningful Stories for example) very interesting to begin with, MCCC has couple minor functions that I find useful, but I often wonder if it worth fiddling with all those settings just to get couple things out of it.

Soooo, that's a "No. But I've considered and am curious?"

I'm not curious :D , I pretty much know what the mods do and what the most popular one are offering and for now consider it too much trouble with little gain. Usually I do use mods in other games but only when I'm playing a game that has run its course, so it's more like "No for now, but considering it in the future when there will be no more official updates... maybe" closer to "No, I see little reason for them" but i don't play on console.

That's why I worded it like that. For those who are curious, yes but also for those who would consider using them.

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I have used mods before, but not currently.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not! I don't need mods to have fun in the game.
    Haven't needed. I did try Mccc but again I enjoyed my game without so I removed. I do have 2 & 3 modded though so who knows what I will do when they are finished adding to 4. Not against just not having the need or even want at this time.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Absolutely! Mod the world!!!!
    My playstyle is free will off and they mucked that up in this game, therefore I need at least Self configureable autonomy (now part of MCCC) and SelectablePets to prevent sims from wrestling control from me, especially in large households.

Everything else is just nice to have, like children being able to play pingpong, or all the vehicles moddlers have made from the basic bicycle (motorbike, wheelchair, ATV, horse, I even have a rideable Kelpie on base of the aqua zipper, it's amazing). Things like "choose your helmet" help individualize sims, "Show buff gained from soak baths right there in the pie menu" is helpful, "Spar for everyone" is great for storytelling, then there are some cheaty mods like "Power Nap" (but I have full control over how cheaty they are in practise because I can just opt not to use the option)... basically mods turn an already enjoyable game into one that I want to continue to play for years.

My most important occult is android, a human looking servo. Since mods are always in danger of getting discontinued, I create my androids with cheated satisfaction points to buy reward traits like no hunger, no sleep and antiseptic. So that's something I do not trust mods with.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I use mods. For me, the game is alright in build, buy, and CAS, but actual live mode gameplay is lacking. I prefer negative consequences and for my sims to have more individual personalities that I just can't get without mods. I don't use too many, though, just ones that improve the emotion system and add personality.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    The No Mosaic mod, which I've had since Sims 2, and after Eco Living I had to add a mod to nerf the sunray effect because it made my game unplayable. But that's it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I'm between absolutely not and "No. But I've considered and am curious."

I've tried a couple of mods once, but generally like to play the game as it is. It's not out of question though that I might try some mods again, especially once TS4 wraps up and I wouldn't need to worry about updates. No specific plans though.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I play vanilla, too.

I've thought about mods and CC but I know it would not end pretty. My files would become a mess because I'd download a million items of CC and who knows how many mods. I'd never be able to figure out what what going wrong in my game and would go crazy because of it.

And as for waiting to play till all my mods and CC had been updated? Fuggetaboutit!

I'll just keep playing and building vanilla. Don't pity me, all you happy modders, I don't know what I'm missing and I'm good with that. :)
  • Options
    NewEmersedCrownNewEmersedCrown Posts: 37 Member
    As a builder, discovering TOOL changed evvvvvvvverything

That and MCCC and NPCC - because I am such a control freak that they give me the extra control I need :p
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I could play without mods, but would I want to... absolutely not! For me, the game just would not be enjoyable without mods... especially the small mods I use to fix bugs or change design choices I hate.

I want to make my own townies and have no random NPCs generated... Need a mod for that because the game doesn't allow me to control NPC generation.

I hate situational outfits! Well, need a mod to disable that annoying feature.

Why is this random person from the opposite side of the map trying to join my private conversation and making my sims stand around like idiots waiting for him to walk up to us? Well, need a mod to prevent that from happening.

Sure, it's a pain sometimes to update them all after a patch, but it's worth it because mods make me happy.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I use one mod, and really don’t have to, but I want to make sure Vlad does not show up ever. I use the one to keep vampires away, just doubling down on vamp protection.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Let me count the ways … MCCC; Road to Fame; LilMsSam 21-day Seasons; Private Practice; SNB & Bills; Meaningful Stories and 18th century clothing and objects. Why do I keep feeling I've left out a mod?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Mods too numerous to list and lovely custom content is why I do not upload to the gallery very often. I have my game just where I want it now and it is a joy to play! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    My PC spits them out. However, I can use the wonderful Sims 4 Cheats as needed & my many, many packs. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    Just one now. UI Cheats. I can't be bothered with the frequent updates. But I'm keeping track of the good ones to try later.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Mods are a great way to get your game to crash.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I would not play this game without mods and CC.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I have MCCC and BetterExceptions, as well as a few more minor ones. I used to have Zerbu's Go to School which I enjoyed, but got rid of because I feel it'd work better if I only had one child in a family to follow, rather than 2/3/4 kids like I usually have. I have CC too but that's different.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I've never needed any mods and I have never even liked any of them that I've seen.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited June 2021
    There are two things in the Sims that are simply not fun for me as a game: 1) The day is too short, and 2) Sims have needs.

In Sims 3, I used a mod to make the day a lot longer. In Sims 4, I use a mod that allows me to drag the needs bars up and down so that sims only need things when I want them to for storytelling purposes. This is 100% necessary in order for me to have fun. Without those mods, I wouldn't play at all.

A few of my other mods just stop things that annoy me such as random outfits, world famous celebrities showing up everywhere (even at the dinky little library in Strangerville :lol: ), or really obsessive behaviors. Those are nice to have, but I could play without them if I had to.

Most of the rest of the mods I use are tools for doing pre-written, plot-driven SimLit stories, where I need more control over the scene to get exactly the screenshot I want. But that's more like using Sims 4 as a creative studio rather than a game. I don't tend to use those mods while I'm just playing.

Edit: Made it shorter. Lol.
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I only have two mods, and they're usually turned off, because I build more than I play.

But if I'm actually playing, I want my automatic thermostat, and a prom now and then, too.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I just have Meaningful Stories to change up the core emotion-based gameplay, one of LittleMsSam's mods to make dishwashers take multiple loads and a Simvasions bug fix for Eco Lifestyle. I do kinda want to parsue more of Sam and Simvasion's mods but I am utterly lazy and mods take a modest amount of effort to download and stuff.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!