Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I could try testing the censers instead, but I'm allergic to incense. ha. ha. ha.

Glad you liked the octopus. It was quite nice.

Unfortunately, the sashimi at that place involved such a terrible experience, I will never go back. I got a piece of sashimi that tasted so strongly of mold, I had to actually spit the chewed-up piece into my napkin, there was no choice. MOLD. Didn't even know that fish COULD go moldy without it showing on the surface. And I'm allergic to mold so my mouth started itching. Cleared it with ginger. But then he also got the second piece of that particular fish and it too was moldy-tasting. I had to tell the server at that point, because they needed to know to get rid of that particular batch of sashimi. I wasn't trying to make a scene, but they didn't even apologize or offer any discount, or replace that. They essentially took no responsibility, so we paid $80 for the meal and left, vowing never to return. I've warred with myself over warning others by giving them the review they deserve. Even the restroom was filthy.

I've been feeling ill today and now have to wonder if the meal had anything to do with it.

This would never have happened in any of Austin's fine Japanese restaurants.
    That is most unfortunate! Did you tell your waiter or waitress that the sashimi that you had just gotten tasted foul? I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered a bowl of soup once. I got the soup and at first it looked fine. That is until I started eating the soup, only to find that it had plastic in it. Now I didn't eat the plastic, but did set it aside and called for my waitress. I showed her the plastic and she apologized right away and took the soup away. She told her manager about what had happened. They in turn dumped that soup out and made a fresh pot of the same soup that I had just ordered. And they brought it out to me, minus the plastic of course. As an apology, the restaurant cut the cost of my meal by half. The second bowl of soup was free, and they gave me free cannolis to take home. Restaurants will compensate you for the mistakes that they make when serving you. Providing that you tell that there's something wrong what you have ordered, before you leave the restaurant. Just last Friday evening, my brother, his wife, and I went out for pizza at a local pizza place. My sister-in-law ordered two pizzas with everything, minus onions since neither my brother or me can eat onions. They brought us one pizza that had onions on it. My brother noticed that the pizza had onions on it and told his wife about it. She called for our waitress, and told her that we had ordered no onions on the pizzas. The waitress went straight into the kitchen and had them make us a another pizza without onions. So we ended up with three pizza and one was free.

That's how it's supposed to work but it was a hallmark of just how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this place was, that there was no proper response to the situation at all. I would have been more persistent, but my dear hubs is a very shy person, and would rather just absorb the injustice of the situation and leave quietly never to return, than for me to go to the kitchen personally, which was my next step since our inept server (who was by her own admission new) did nothing about the situation. Out of concern for my hubs' nerves, I restrained myself.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Your husband should have spoke up about the bad food situation to the manager at least. On the simple fact of safety reasons. I use to work in food processing place, and food safety has always been our number one concern. Because the food that we packaged gets shipped out to the public. And I can tell you with certainty that certain molds on foods can kill you. I know you want look out for your husband's best interest, and that's expected. But under no circumstances should you or your husband or anyone else for that matter should ever let bad food at a restaurant slide. I have seen what could happen when that happens and it's not pretty.

That does make sense. One of the restaurants I worked at, I swear they killed people routinely only no one noticed because most of the clientele were elderly anyway. I was horrified when I noticed a pan of raw chicken at the end of the night when we were closing up, that had been apparently forgotten on the top of a rack. It had been there for hours, and it was a warm day. I told the owner, asking if I should dispose of it and he looked horror-struck at me and then shocked the heck out of me saying "No! Are you kidding? That's for a catering job tomorrow!"
    I warned hubs never to eat there.

But that's the trouble with small places where everyone is connected: you rat someone out at your peril. Even the health inspector was kind enough to give the owners a heads-up before coming for "surprise" inspections because you know, connections. One learns to keep one's mouth shut, and quietly know where not to eat. I will have to write it up in a review, and now I do feel bad for having let it slide, but I also know 100% that it would not have changed a thing, if I had made a stink. They would still continue operating the way they do. It was obvious to me, with their filthy restroom, how dirty the place was once I came back from the restroom and gave it closer examination under the conveniently low light levels, and how unresponsive everyone was, that they would not truly care, would just be glad to see me leave, and return to their business-as-usual.
    In this case you should tell the press about this. The press will keep your name a secret, because that's what they do for safety reasons. Or you can do this, give them just a false name and nothing more that would give away your real identity. Like here on the Sims forums, we speak on here under false names to keep our real identities a secret.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I could try testing the censers instead, but I'm allergic to incense. ha. ha. ha.

Unfortunately, the sashimi at that place involved such a terrible experience, I will never go back. I got a piece of sashimi that tasted so strongly of mold, I had to actually spit the chewed-up piece into my napkin, there was no choice. MOLD. Didn't even know that fish COULD go moldy without it showing on the surface. And I'm allergic to mold so my mouth started itching. Cleared it with ginger. But then he also got the second piece of that particular fish and it too was moldy-tasting. I had to tell the server at that point, because they needed to know to get rid of that particular batch of sashimi. I wasn't trying to make a scene, but they didn't even apologize or offer any discount, or replace that. They essentially took no responsibility, so we paid $80 for the meal and left, vowing never to return. I've warred with myself over warning others by giving them the review they deserve. Even the restroom was filthy.

I've been feeling ill today and now have to wonder if the meal had anything to do with it.

That is most unfortunate! Did you tell your waiter or waitress that the sashimi that you had just gotten tasted foul? I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered a bowl of soup once. I got the soup and at first it looked fine. That is until I started eating the soup, only to find that it had plastic in it. Now I didn't eat the plastic, but did set it aside and called for my waitress. I showed her the plastic and she apologized right away and took the soup away. She told her manager about what had happened. They in turn dumped that soup out and made a fresh pot of the same soup that I had just ordered. And they brought it out to me, minus the plastic of course. As an apology, the restaurant cut the cost of my meal by half. The second bowl of soup was free, and they gave me free cannolis to take home. Restaurants will compensate you for the mistakes that they make when serving you. Providing that you tell that there's something wrong what you have ordered, before you leave the restaurant. Just last Friday evening, my brother, his wife, and I went out for pizza at a local pizza place. My sister-in-law ordered two pizzas with everything, minus onions since neither my brother or me can eat onions. They brought us one pizza that had onions on it. My brother noticed that the pizza had onions on it and told his wife about it. She called for our waitress, and told her that we had ordered no onions on the pizzas. The waitress went straight into the kitchen and had them make us a another pizza without onions. So we ended up with three pizza and one was free.

That's how it's supposed to work but it was a hallmark of just how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this place was, that there was no proper response to the situation at all. I would have been more persistent, but my dear hubs is a very shy person, and would rather just absorb the injustice of the situation and leave quietly never to return, than for me to go to the kitchen personally, which was my next step since our inept server (who was by her own admission new) did nothing about the situation. Out of concern for my hubs' nerves, I restrained myself.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Your husband should have spoke up about the bad food situation to the manager at least. On the simple fact of safety reasons. I use to work in food processing place, and food safety has always been our number one concern. Because the food that we packaged gets shipped out to the public. And I can tell you with certainty that certain molds on foods can kill you. I know you want look out for your husband's best interest, and that's expected. But under no circumstances should you or your husband or anyone else for that matter should ever let bad food at a restaurant slide. I have seen what could happen when that happens and it's not pretty.

That does make sense. One of the restaurants I worked at, I swear they killed people routinely only no one noticed because most of the clientele were elderly anyway. I was horrified when I noticed a pan of raw chicken at the end of the night when we were closing up, that had been apparently forgotten on the top of a rack. It had been there for hours, and it was a warm day. I told the owner, asking if I should dispose of it and he looked horror-struck at me and then shocked the heck out of me saying "No! Are you kidding? That's for a catering job tomorrow!"

But that's the trouble with small places where everyone is connected: you rat someone out at your peril. Even the health inspector was kind enough to give the owners a heads-up before coming for "surprise" inspections because you know, connections. One learns to keep one's mouth shut, and quietly know where not to eat. I will have to write it up in a review, and now I do feel bad for having let it slide, but I also know 100% that it would not have changed a thing, if I had made a stink. They would still continue operating the way they do. It was obvious to me, with their filthy restroom, how dirty the place was once I came back from the restroom and gave it closer examination under the conveniently low light levels, and how unresponsive everyone was, that they would not truly care, would just be glad to see me leave, and return to their business-as-usual.
    In this case you should tell the press about this. The press will keep your name a secret, because that's what they do for safety reasons. Or you can do this, give them just a false name and nothing more that would give away your real identity. Like here on the Sims forums, we speak on here under false names to keep our real identities a secret.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Just. nope.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

It's entirely up to you, I'm just trying to help is all.
  • Options

I respect that. It's just too small a community to go to the press over. Had it been a body in the bathroom, that's different.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

I respect that. It's just too small a community to go to the press over. Had it been a body in the bathroom, that's different.
    I see! Well hopefully you and your husband won't have go through that again.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,628 Member
    edited June 2021
    Today's Q Q is:
    Just a fun random one since we had some deep ones in the past few days. 😆

Introverted, generous and kind.

Based on your food combos, we believe you to be more on the shy side! You tend to stay a bit quiet in social situations and don't care to be the center of attention. When people get the pleasure of getting to know you, they rave about how kind and generous you are. You're an awesome friend and do lots for those who matter most.

I'm introverted but def not generous nor kind... :grimace:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Fun, a bit mysterious and always down.

So... What exactly does this mean? Well, according to the foods you chose, we believe you to be the type of person who's always willing to try new things and have a great time doing so! You love to step outside your comfort zone and challenge the norm. While some may perceive you to be outgoing (and you can be), you also like to keep much of your private life... well, private. Only those closest to you get to know all about you and you'd like it to stay that way.

No not really. I do like trying things but I’m far from outgoing
  • Options
    I'm hungry and bored, so art post.... :D

03dc650fbfc7df0910955c44d86f6f3988b12691.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Based on your food combos, we believe you to be more on the shy side! You tend to stay a bit quiet in social situations and don't care to be the center of attention. When people get the pleasure of getting to know you, they rave about how kind and generous you are. You're an awesome friend and do lots for those who matter most.

I don't know if you can call putting olive oil on pizza a weird food combo or not. But it does say that I'm part Italian though.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

I got the exact same result you did. *shrug*

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

I don't know if you can call putting olive oil on pizza a weird food combo or not. But it does say that I'm part Italian though.

In the quiz, one of the options was pineapple on pizza and I'm sad. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Pineapple on pizza is pretty good, as long as the pie is not buried in pineapple. If the pie is buried in pineapple, then all you will taste is the pineapple.
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

How do we manage to twin on like every quiz you post? :joy: honestly, I'd say it suits me well enough.
    Today's Q Q is:

I was half tempted to say pineapple because I actually liked putting it on my pizza before I realized it could kill me :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Pineapple on pizza is pretty good, as long as the pie is not buried in pineapple. If the pie is buried in pineapple, then all you will taste is the pineapple.

Yeah, usually, we have hawaiian pizza here and it's mainly like a cheese pizza with ham and then maybe like 4-5 small cubes of pineapple. :D
    Today's Q Q is:

How do we manage to twin on like every quiz you post? :joy: honestly, I'd say it suits me well enough.
    Today's Q Q is:

I was half tempted to say pineapple because I actually liked putting it on my pizza before I realized it could kill me :sweat_smile:

Long lost twinnssss!!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    Phew, I'm in stress overload. Someone please allow me to magically escape into their Sims save. lol

I have to move again soon, because my current house has a really bad mold/air quality problem that is too hard for my brother and I to get rid of.

I'm also on the verge of losing a friend because they are way to deep in the "I'm homeless, hopeless, and lonely. no one should like me" mindset. :(

I'm really trying to stay positive thanks to the internet and video game distractions that exist, but man is it hard.
  • Options
    Phew, I'm in stress overload. Someone please allow me to magically escape into their Sims save. lol

I have to move again soon, because my current house has a really bad mold/air quality problem that is too hard for my brother and I to get rid of.

I'm also on the verge of losing a friend because they are way to deep in the "I'm homeless, hopeless, and lonely. no one should like me" mindset. :(

I'm really trying to stay positive thanks to the internet and video game distractions that exist, but man is it hard.

Oh no... Mold is just really bad!! :( I hope you get to find a new home soon.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member

Oh no... Mold is just really bad!! :( I hope you get to find a new home soon.

Thanks! We are waiting to hear back from some apartment listings. Sasha will have to be a "well behaved indoor cat" in them. lol
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Taking my older sister back to her home tomorrow (June 16) ! It's been a fun 10 days, but she has to get back to her family (husband and kids) ! Gonna give my nephew the Megalodon tooth, and my niece a carved wooden cat statue.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you do when you hear something fall in the middle of the night while you are in bed?

Continue sleeping cuz my mom would probably check it. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you do when you hear something fall in the middle of the night while you are in bed?

Normally I would lie there, and listen for another sound that follows.
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Realistically I wouldn’t even hear it because I’m a very heavy sleeper. If I did hear id ignore it till it happened around 3 times
  • Options
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Realistically I wouldn’t even hear it because I’m a very heavy sleeper. If I did hear id ignore it till it happened around 3 times
    I use to be a heavy sleeper. But now I'm an extremely light sleeper, if I can even sleep at all that night.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

XD

Go investigate, probably. If I heard something that had me believing someone had broken in, I'd wake hubs so we could both go, probably down different staircases. But our home is booby-trapped anyway XDL so anyone breaking in would have a heck of a time making it far.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    LOL, loving all these responses.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Probably mumble something about Luna (the cat) being too noisy and roll back over :joy:

Or yell at my younger siblings to go back to bed :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top