Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Hey hey.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    heya Dekay. Multitasking atm but popped in. What's up? Aside from the fart contest which I missed.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Hey, Mouse!

Hey, Nush. I'm just chilling for a sec and then I'mma shower and start making my bagels. I'm making homemade bagel bites today. 😂

What are you multitasking on?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    a live group session that's all audio so I can listen in and participate while checking in here and checking emails etc.

Also was just loving the Russian Oktavist sound like:

https://youtu.be/o8qu4OOQ_Dc

Does that make everyone else's neck hair stand up or just mine? XD

xicwqMCm.jpg
    a live group session that's all audio so I can listen in and participate while checking in here and checking emails etc.

How do they sing that low?? XD
    832XG3D.gif

Danggg. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a voice go that deep, and I’ve heard some deep voices. It sounds like they went through puberty and their voices got deeper, but then it just didn’t stop.
    @DeKay and @Mouselline ikr? It's a technique. Subharmonic singing is a.learnable skill but it helps if the natural range is baritone to start with. Still, worth learning for anyone who wants to sing like an octave lower than their usual.

Just got back from outdoor dining under the night sky and a walk through downtown. My companion enjoyed baked haddock and Italian cream cake and I enjoyed the view, and the conversation. How was everyone else's day or night as the case may be?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @DeKay and @Mouselline ikr? It's a technique. Subharmonic singing is a.learnable skill but it helps if the natural range is baritone to start with. Still, worth learning for anyone who wants to sing like an octave lower than their usual.

Just got back from outdoor dining under the night sky and a walk through downtown. My companion enjoyed baked haddock and Italian cream cake and I enjoyed the view, and the conversation. How was everyone else's day or night as the case may be?

It’s been good. I went to dinner with my aunt and sisters so that was nice. Been studying for ACTs a bit. Not much other than that
    So my freaking laptop died (it cannot boot up from my SSD card or something) and it's Sunday and the service center isn't opened, so I gotta wait for tomorrow. But tomorrow, I have work and I use this laptop for work too... Sooooo. 😂

Well, at least I have my mom's 2nd laptop that I could borrow in the meantime if I need to. I just hope they can salvage my SSD card if there's any wrong with it. 😭 Or I'm screwed.
    832XG3D.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    How did you come to love one of your favorite musicians?

My fav musician is O' Holy Senpai Dylan Anderson, the clean vocalist of this band (or was since the band doesn't exist anymore).
    I remember I was just messing around on Youtube and this was in my suggested so I decided to click on it cuz I love discovering new bands.
    His voice at the end of the song just blew my socks off and I was like, "WHO IS THIS GUY. I NEED TO KNOW."
    And the rest is history. :D

One of them I just heard something cool and wandered into the tent and bought the CD (the band hasn't been active for about 4 years now, but I do still listen to the CD I bought nearly 10 years ago all the time), some because my parents or siblings introduced me to them, or I just found them randomly on my own.
    DeKay and Mouselline ikr? It's a technique. Subharmonic singing is a.learnable skill but it helps if the natural range is baritone to start with. Still, worth learning for anyone who wants to sing like an octave lower than their usual.

Honestly I need to learn subharmonic singing. In highschool I always sang alto 2 and sometimes tenor because our homeschool group didn't have enough boys, but when I got to college my voice teacher was like "alto? you can sing soprano," and like I can, but I was loosing my lower range and I loooove to sing those low brownie notes :love: so yeah, I should just learn how to do subharmonic singing :joy:

My day wasn't too bad, actually. Still hot today, but no heat advisory like yesterday. It was the butterfly festival which meant the local Japanese stroll garden (the butterfly house and the Japanese garden are in the same park) was free for the afternoon so the fam went to stroll the garden after my mom and sister were done working the butterfly festival. And then we made dinner and played games like a fairly normal Saturday night.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    *looks thru binoculars*
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    My legs are sore from so much walking and swimming!
    Today's Q Q is:

What places have you visited that exceeded your expectations?

The River Safari in Singapore. It's probably one of my fav places other than the Bird Park!
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Quartier du Petit Champlain, Quebec City.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

The River Safari in Singapore. It's probably one of my fav places other than the Bird Park!

Yosemite National Park. So gorgeous!
    Today's Q Q is:

Antelope Canyon. One of my fav places I’ve ever been
    edited June 2021
    Today's Q Q is:
    So how's everyone doing today? XD

I had to get my 'dead' SSD card sent for the people to recover the data. They're still doing it and not sure how long it will take, but they said they could do it. Maybe a few days or so. And now I need to look for a new gaming laptop since my current SSD is dead and not looking forward to just replace the SSD into the laptop. This is so hard. All these laptops seems to be kinda poopy, like either too powerful for what I need, or have silly stuff like having no USB port on the right side, etc etc. I'm like so picky. Hahaa. I hate my life right now.
    So if anyone knows any cool laptops, do tell me. Haha.

Overall, I'm just dead on the inside cuz I feel so lost without my laptop (I'm using my mom's second laptop temporarily). I miss drawing after work. :(
    832XG3D.gif
    edited June 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

That exceeded my expectations? Hmm...

The first thing that comes to mind is just how utterly disappointing Mt. Rushmore was, when I was 9 :joy:

Smoky Mountains were cool, but the visitor centers on the other hand... :grimace: seeing the ocean for the first time was also kinda cool, but like then again I kinda have an irrational fear of deep water so like it was really freaky at the same time :sweat_smile: New York was cool but I wasn't there long enough :joy:

Honestly, I don't know how to answer your question :sweat_smile:
    Today's Q Q is:

I had to get my 'dead' SSD card sent for the people to recover the data. They're still doing it and not sure how long it will take, but they said they could do it. Maybe a few days or so. And now I need to look for a new gaming laptop since my current SSD is dead and not looking forward to just replace the SSD into the laptop. This is so hard. All these laptops seems to be kinda poopy, like either too powerful for what I need, or have silly stuff like having no USB port on the right side, etc etc. I'm like so picky. Hahaa. I hate my life right now.

Overall, I'm just dead on the inside cuz I feel so lost without my laptop (I'm using my mom's second laptop temporarily). I miss drawing after work. :(

I don't have a suggestion for you, unfortunately, haven't been tech shopping lately :sweat_smile:

Yesterday, the family got great news. We got the house we applied for! We did what we needed to last night to confirm the lease so we'll be renting a house in St. Louis for a year!
    ugUgJs0.gif

Today tho I'm stressing because I have my telehealth neurology appointment and the nurse was supposed to call me a half hour ago but hasn't so like my anxiety is high right now :grimace:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:

I have a toad now so that’s great. My dad found a dead toad with a baby on its back in the pool filter so we are taking care of the baby till it’s grown and can live on its own. I’m also going to an art thing with my Mom today. So I’m doin great
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Been looking at silver coins, before prices go back up again! Gold is too expensive for me to buy! Silver is the "poor man's gold" of the precious metals.

Also looking at Copper, as well. It's not a precious metal, but it's used for industrial applications. Both electronics and housing all rely on copper (pipes and wiring) . As long we move forward with electronic and green technology, we are going to need copper for it. Right now, it's super affordable ($4.15 US for 1 lb - when I wrote this post) !
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Today's Q Q is:

Hugs, @DeKay . I would suggest getting the most powerful one you can afford even if it's overkill for your needs, because that's better than having less than what you need and like.

@bellagorilla Congrats on the upcoming move! And hope your telehealth thing did come through. Neurology was for that concussion? *healing wishes*

@Mouselline Glad you were able to save the baby toad, so sorry about the parent. :( Very poignant that it managed to save its baby even though it drowned. Hoping you'll share pics of the art event, when you get back.

@5782341b77vl hoping your investments go well. Copper seems like a good bet.

As for me, had a zoom session with the therapist today and am the better for it. Made some no-sugar chocolate chip cookies, and some sugary-but-vegan ones, and the vegan sugary ones are way better. Erythritol in place of sugar is...meh. I think I'll have to try it once more with monkfruit/stevia blend and see if that's any better for the texture (and avoiding the strange cooling sensation/cloying taste of erythritol).
    I have big health decisions on the horizon and it's overwhelming to think about if I let my thoughts go into the what-ifs. Having to make decisions with far-reaching consequences, yet being unable to project too far into the future, is stressful.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @Nushnushganay thanks! It was just generally for the epilepsy/migraines, but the appointment did come through, the nurse just called me a half hour later then I expected :sweat_smile: it went well tho! He's increasing my meds and adding another vitamin to what I'm already taking so it'll be more pills, but hopefully it'll help cut down on the migraines, right?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Hugs, DeKay . I would suggest getting the most powerful one you can afford even if it's overkill for your needs, because that's better than having less than what you need and like.

bellagorilla Congrats on the upcoming move! And hope your telehealth thing did come through. Neurology was for that concussion? *healing wishes*

Mouselline Glad you were able to save the baby toad, so sorry about the parent. :( Very poignant that it managed to save its baby even though it drowned. Hoping you'll share pics of the art event, when you get back.

5782341b77vl hoping your investments go well. Copper seems like a good bet.

As for me, had a zoom session with the therapist today and am the better for it. Made some no-sugar chocolate chip cookies, and some sugary-but-vegan ones, and the vegan sugary ones are way better. Erythritol in place of sugar is...meh. I think I'll have to try it once more with monkfruit/stevia blend and see if that's any better for the texture (and avoiding the strange cooling sensation/cloying taste of erythritol).
    I have big health decisions on the horizon and it's overwhelming to think about if I let my thoughts go into the what-ifs. Having to make decisions with far-reaching consequences, yet being unable to project too far into the future, is stressful.

Thanks, Nush. I can definitely afford a powerful laptop more than I need it to be but I don't really need the best graphics card on mine since I'm not gaming per se. And those ones with super powerful cards are really expensive, like $3000+ and would feel kinda redundant. :D I'm going for one that's about $2000. I mailed the brand company that I currently use and they said if I ordered the model I want, it will take 2-3 weeks to come and that's way too long. So I guess I have to go buy from a different brand. I've had 3 laptops from this current one anyways, so it's time to try something different and see which one is better or worse, I guess. XD

Also, that should be illegal that you're eating healthier than meeee!! :D I've never tried stevia before! Always wanted to but not sure where to find it. I hope you'll be able to make your decisions soon. It will be better to not think about too much of the what-ifs. Maybe a few big what if's here and there is fine, but not the small ones.
    832XG3D.gif
    Thanks, @DeKay. It's good perspective, but it's insanely hard for me to accept making a decision without trying to ferret out every contingency, and in this case I know intellectually that one cannot, but emotionally, it's hard to accept that and move forward.

Stevia is also known as Rebiana (a trade name for rebaudioside A) and is derived from the leaves of a bushy plant grown in Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay (and other places now that it's in demand). It's like 200 X sweeter than sugar (or more) so a little goes a long way, but some people really object to a bitter aftertaste, for which reason a lot of popular blends use erythritol, monkfruit, or other things to help smooth out the taste profile. I don't mind straight stevia, but again, I wouldn't want to use a lot in anything or it does taste bad.

Plus, as with everything that hammers our sweet-taste receptors, an insulin response is the result, and whether things that taste sweet, yet aren't sugar, do more harm than good, or more good than harm, is debatable. Anything that tastes sweet activates an insulin response, and elevated insulin levels in turn elevate triglycerides and may contribute to insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, perhaps even metabolic syndrome.

Anyway, a carefully prepared cup of earthy, tannic hot Japanese green tea, or a demitasse of good espresso, is best taken unadorned, and dessert beverages are best had only occasionally. People here literally down 70 grams (that's 17 teaspoons full, or 3 large candy bars' worth!) of sugar in one drive-through Dunkin or Starbucks coffee, due to the syrups and flavorings they ask for in it, and most of those people will refuse a pastry, saying "I'm on a diet" LOL

They should read labels.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Ah, I totally get your dilemma on all the sugar stuff. I think I have issues with insulin spikes. I always try to avoid snacking cuz this will spike it up unnecessarily as well.

But I can't really give much advice in your decision making here. Personally for me, I'm fine with just reducing any types of sweet sugary stuff in my diet. I don't put sugar in my tea (unless I'm drinking those bottled kinds but even so, I rarely do that); I don't even put sugar in my oatmeal. XD
    832XG3D.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top