Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    It's super humid where I'm at right now and I feel like I just have this trapped heat inside of me that doesn't go away. 🙈🙈 It's like fever but not really fever, ya know what I mean? Or maybe not. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Y'all need some fans.
  • Options
    Y'all need some fans.

I have that Dyson fan thing and it's not strong enough. Granted, it's really not strong at all. I got like a much cheaper fan but if I turn it up a lot, it's really loud. :D And won't be that good for sleeping. Haha.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2021
    It's swimming season!

I wish I could go swimming :sweat_smile:

The weather here in MA was really hot for like 4 days in a row. The water felt refreshing. But then the weather suddenly cooled down and now the water is way too chilly. :P

I wish MO would cool down :sweat_smile: We've had weather in the upper 80s/low 90s for like two weeks straight with medium to high humidity :grimace: Plus our A/C broke and won't turn on so we're struggling here :sweat_smile:
    It's quite toasty here too, almost to the point of making some one find the nearest lake, jump right in and stay there awhile. Right now I would trade this hot and very humid weather for desert heat anytime.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

What is the last photo you've taken?

ezbIpC7.jpg

It's my cat which was sharing the seat with me while I was working from home. 😅
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Relatable Sims
    diuFgKw.png
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I shouldn't post mine due to identifiable information, but it is a local field, all green for summer!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    It's super humid where I'm at right now and I feel like I just have this trapped heat inside of me that doesn't go away. 🙈🙈 It's like fever but not really fever, ya know what I mean? Or maybe not. 😂

Yeah, I feel ya :sweat_smile:
    Y'all need some fans.

We've been using the attic fan (thankfully our house is old enough to have one!) and I have a desk fan since my window is broken and won't open, so I have very little air when we use the attic fan, but still...for some who gets heat sick suuuuper easy right now, this isn't ideal :sweat_smile:
    Today's Q Q is:

ezbIpC7.jpg

The purple basil in our front yard. I shared it on discord, but I'm too lazy to put it on imgur to share here :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    It's only upper 70's / lower 80's and rainy here in Elizabeth City for the past week. Looks like it's going to be the same for next week. We've not been able to use the pool - weather is not cooperating :rage: ! Keeps adding more cold rain water in the pool and blowing cold breeze! :confounded:

Where is all of that "Global Warming" we keep hearing about?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

ezbIpC7.jpg

Not gonna post it but it’s me in an AOT costume
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    For Today's QQ (last photo taken) here it is, the octopus hubs and I were eating when we were out yesterday.
    3Jrg93Al.jpg?1

@Mouselline attic fans are the best. Why they ever stopped being a thing is hard to fathom, except I guess the push to make AC the only option? My grandmother's house had one and I swear when it got switched on, your hair would start to float if you were under it!

If hubs and I ever build a dream "us-cave" dwelling, we gotta find an old attic fan and hook it up and build it in. OR any industrial-grade gigantic fan can be used, really.

@DeKay AWWWW cute kitty pics! I have to love cats vicariously now but it is what it is. I can still feel the chin-bumps, and how they like to glide their cheeks along my hand as I stroke downward along their throat. Just thinking about loving on a kitty makes me feel good. And the purrs, and the stiff-tongued lovey 🐸🐸🐸🐸...

@5782341b77vl unfortunately, global warming is real, but as we all know, it doesn't mean uniform weather, but rather, more extremes, more unpredictability, and the warming part is in averages which are demonstrably rising but you're right, unexpected freezes, weird weather for the season, along with far longer and more devastating hurricane seasons, etc. are the case. My late mother said when she was a child in the 1950s, adults talked about the terrible heat wave in summer when it got into the 90s in the worst of summer (in Texas, mind you) and now that part of Texas is 90s in April and 100s most of the summer, and the USDA gardening zones have had to be altered such that where I live is no longer Zone 4b, but now 5a.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay

That octopus looks good! I don't think I've ever had one that looks that fresh before!!

And yeah, about the cat gliding their faces. 😂 My cat was actually gliding her face around on the edge of the table a lot while I was taking the pic.

Here's an outtake.
    atKE32n.jpg

😂
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Nice, I liked that outtake, showed some of the motion.
    Silly of the censor to hide the word for what a cat does with its tongue, or how people eat an ice cream cone. Seriously overkill.

Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss, a children's book, sounds like this here:

"Luke Luck likes lakes. Luke's duck likes lakes. Luke luck 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lakes that duck likes. Duck takes 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in lakes Luke Luck likes." or soemthing like that, it's from memory.

But how funny that a classic children's book can't be quoted here because the normal action of a tongue isn't mentionable for fear it will be offensive.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Silly of the censor to hide the word for what a cat does with its tongue, or how people eat an ice cream cone. Seriously overkill.

"Luke Luck likes lakes. Luke's duck likes lakes. Luke luck ❤️❤️❤️❤️ lakes that duck likes. Duck takes ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in lakes Luke Luck likes." or soemthing like that, it's from memory.

But how funny that a classic children's book can't be quoted here because the normal action of a tongue isn't mentionable for fear it will be offensive.

FSFDHFJHLK. Don't test the censor system. I got in trouble once trying to get around it. LOL!
    But you're right. There's nothing wrong with the word you're using. I don't think a kid would think of it as an inappropriate word. :P
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    I could try testing the censers instead, but I'm allergic to incense. ha. ha. ha.

Glad you liked the octopus. It was quite nice.

Unfortunately, the sashimi at that place involved such a terrible experience, I will never go back. I got a piece of sashimi that tasted so strongly of mold, I had to actually spit the chewed-up piece into my napkin, there was no choice. MOLD. Didn't even know that fish COULD go moldy without it showing on the surface. And I'm allergic to mold so my mouth started itching. Cleared it with ginger. But then he also got the second piece of that particular fish and it too was moldy-tasting. I had to tell the server at that point, because they needed to know to get rid of that particular batch of sashimi. I wasn't trying to make a scene, but they didn't even apologize or offer any discount, or replace that. They essentially took no responsibility, so we paid $80 for the meal and left, vowing never to return. I've warred with myself over warning others by giving them the review they deserve. Even the restroom was filthy.

I've been feeling ill today and now have to wonder if the meal had anything to do with it.

This would never have happened in any of Austin's fine Japanese restaurants.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    That sounds like terrible customer service!! How can they not even apologize!!?? And you had to pay?? Outrageous. They tryin' to kill people with the mold or what? XD

Hopefully you'll feel better soon. It's possible it could be cuz of the food. :(
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Ha, thanks DeKay. I had started to realize all wasn't as it should be when the server didn't even know what sea urchin sushi was, though it was on the menu, and didn't know they were out of it til after we ordered some. I guess we dodged a bullet on that, though, all things considered. The octopus was good, though.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you need help with the most?

Cooking. :D
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I could try testing the censers instead, but I'm allergic to incense. ha. ha. ha.

Unfortunately, the sashimi at that place involved such a terrible experience, I will never go back. I got a piece of sashimi that tasted so strongly of mold, I had to actually spit the chewed-up piece into my napkin, there was no choice. MOLD. Didn't even know that fish COULD go moldy without it showing on the surface. And I'm allergic to mold so my mouth started itching. Cleared it with ginger. But then he also got the second piece of that particular fish and it too was moldy-tasting. I had to tell the server at that point, because they needed to know to get rid of that particular batch of sashimi. I wasn't trying to make a scene, but they didn't even apologize or offer any discount, or replace that. They essentially took no responsibility, so we paid $80 for the meal and left, vowing never to return. I've warred with myself over warning others by giving them the review they deserve. Even the restroom was filthy.

I've been feeling ill today and now have to wonder if the meal had anything to do with it.

Oh Nush, that sounds horrible! You should write that 1 :star: review, because it sounds like they deserve it. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon, and it's nothing too serious :smile:
    Today's Q Q is:

Math :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited June 2021

"Luke Luck likes lakes. Luke's duck likes lakes. Luke luck ❤️❤️❤️❤️ lakes that duck likes. Duck takes ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in lakes Luke Luck likes." or soemthing like that, it's from memory.

Wait, really?

I never noticed that one be censored before!

What about what you do with your fingers - flick ?

EDIT: didn't get censored
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

That QQ just gets deeper the more I try to settle on an answer.

Acceptance, perhaps? Faith, more importantly.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What complex fictional character really intrigues you?

I don't really watch that many shows to know that many complex fictional characters. 😅 I guess I'd say Fitz from Agents of SHIELD. He's gone thru a lot after he's gotten some brain damage from the season 1 series finale. 😥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCREkzlTRY
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

That is most unfortunate! Did you tell your waiter or waitress that the sashimi that you had just gotten tasted foul? I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered a bowl of soup once. I got the soup and at first it looked fine. That is until I started eating the soup, only to find that it had plastic in it. Now I didn't eat the plastic, but did set it aside and called for my waitress. I showed her the plastic and she apologized right away and took the soup away. She told her manager about what had happened. They in turn dumped that soup out and made a fresh pot of the same soup that I had just ordered. And they brought it out to me, minus the plastic of course. As an apology, the restaurant cut the cost of my meal by half. The second bowl of soup was free, and they gave me free cannolis to take home. Restaurants will compensate you for the mistakes that they make when serving you. Providing that you tell that there's something wrong what you have ordered, before you leave the restaurant. Just last Friday evening, my brother, his wife, and I went out for pizza at a local pizza place. My sister-in-law ordered two pizzas with everything, minus onions since neither my brother or me can eat onions. They brought us one pizza that had onions on it. My brother noticed that the pizza had onions on it and told his wife about it. She called for our waitress, and told her that we had ordered no onions on the pizzas. The waitress went straight into the kitchen and had them make us a another pizza without onions. So we ended up with three pizza and one was free.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

That is most unfortunate! Did you tell your waiter or waitress that the sashimi that you had just gotten tasted foul? I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered a bowl of soup once. I got the soup and at first it looked fine. That is until I started eating the soup, only to find that it had plastic in it. Now I didn't eat the plastic, but did set it aside and called for my waitress. I showed her the plastic and she apologized right away and took the soup away. She told her manager about what had happened. They in turn dumped that soup out and made a fresh pot of the same soup that I had just ordered. And they brought it out to me, minus the plastic of course. As an apology, the restaurant cut the cost of my meal by half. The second bowl of soup was free, and they gave me free cannolis to take home. Restaurants will compensate you for the mistakes that they make when serving you. Providing that you tell that there's something wrong what you have ordered, before you leave the restaurant. Just last Friday evening, my brother, his wife, and I went out for pizza at a local pizza place. My sister-in-law ordered two pizzas with everything, minus onions since neither my brother or me can eat onions. They brought us one pizza that had onions on it. My brother noticed that the pizza had onions on it and told his wife about it. She called for our waitress, and told her that we had ordered no onions on the pizzas. The waitress went straight into the kitchen and had them make us a another pizza without onions. So we ended up with three pizza and one was free.

That's how it's supposed to work but it was a hallmark of just how crappy this place was, that there was no proper response to the situation at all. I would have been more persistent, but my dear hubs is a very shy person, and would rather just absorb the injustice of the situation and leave quietly never to return, than for me to go to the kitchen personally, which was my next step since our inept server (who was by her own admission new) did nothing about the situation. Out of concern for my hubs' nerves, I restrained myself.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

That's how it's supposed to work but it was a hallmark of just how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this place was, that there was no proper response to the situation at all. I would have been more persistent, but my dear hubs is a very shy person, and would rather just absorb the injustice of the situation and leave quietly never to return, than for me to go to the kitchen personally, which was my next step since our inept server (who was by her own admission new) did nothing about the situation. Out of concern for my hubs' nerves, I restrained myself.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Your husband should have spoke up about the bad food situation to the manager at least. On the simple fact of safety reasons. I use to work in food processing place, and food safety has always been our number one concern. Because the food that we packaged gets shipped out to the public. And I can tell you with certainty that certain molds on foods can kill you. I know you want look out for your husband's best interest, and that's expected. But under no circumstances should you or your husband or anyone else for that matter should ever let bad food at a restaurant slide. I have seen what could happen when that happens and it's not pretty.
  • Options

That's how it's supposed to work but it was a hallmark of just how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this place was, that there was no proper response to the situation at all. I would have been more persistent, but my dear hubs is a very shy person, and would rather just absorb the injustice of the situation and leave quietly never to return, than for me to go to the kitchen personally, which was my next step since our inept server (who was by her own admission new) did nothing about the situation. Out of concern for my hubs' nerves, I restrained myself.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Your husband should have spoke up about the bad food situation to the manager at least. On the simple fact of safety reasons. I use to work in food processing place, and food safety has always been our number one concern. Because the food that we packaged gets shipped out to the public. And I can tell you with certainty that certain molds on foods can kill you. I know you want look out for your husband's best interest, and that's expected. But under no circumstances should you or your husband or anyone else for that matter should ever let bad food at a restaurant slide. I have seen what could happen when that happens and it's not pretty.

That does make sense. One of the restaurants I worked at, I swear they killed people routinely only no one noticed because most of the clientele were elderly anyway. I was horrified when I noticed a pan of raw chicken at the end of the night when we were closing up, that had been apparently forgotten on the top of a rack. It had been there for hours, and it was a warm day. I told the owner, asking if I should dispose of it and he looked horror-struck at me and then shocked the heck out of me saying "No! Are you kidding? That's for a catering job tomorrow!"
    I warned hubs never to eat there.

But that's the trouble with small places where everyone is connected: you rat someone out at your peril. Even the health inspector was kind enough to give the owners a heads-up before coming for "surprise" inspections because you know, connections. One learns to keep one's mouth shut, and quietly know where not to eat. I will have to write it up in a review, and now I do feel bad for having let it slide, but I also know 100% that it would not have changed a thing, if I had made a stink. They would still continue operating the way they do. It was obvious to me, with their filthy restroom, how dirty the place was once I came back from the restroom and gave it closer examination under the conveniently low light levels, and how unresponsive everyone was, that they would not truly care, would just be glad to see me leave, and return to their business-as-usual.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top