The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 11 Announcement Coming Thursday 6/10

Comments

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m wondering if this will be a Veronaville part 2 world.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m thinking that because of the tweets wording indicates fairies to me and also the sonnet tweet. Of course the setting looks quite Shakespearean also.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I think the worldwide tourism video is just the YouTube game trailer though since they have to somehow tell people to watch for it at a certain date and time.

I hope so...personally I am just tired of anything related to tourism or vacationing in this game, especially now that we can add rentable vacation homes to any world, I do not see the point in more stuff regarding that topic.
    Sorry, I know alot of people would like hotels, I do not, in fact the thought of hotels seems very, very boring to me (same as cars btw)...but, you know, just personal taste.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I really liked the resorts in Sims 3. But I think hotels in Sims 4 would be as boring as the restaurants.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,487 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    I feel like we'll get improved plantsims in this expansion and they will save fairies for a game pack

I would like improved plantsims far more than fairies. But I think the chances of getting proper plantsims is very small. They already had the perfect opportunity with strangerville and all the crazy plant stuff going on there but didn't do anything.
    I really hope it is Americanised I want the farms like we do here most.

The sims is created in America so it is Americanised by default, the sims 4 even more so than previous iterations.
    Gordy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNx_-tVKcDs

Arnie's farming pack is coming out around the same time. The official EP should be very worried because if it fails, EA's gonna look really bad in comparison.
    Do people actually play with his mods? I see people making a video of them and acting like they‘re the greatest thing since sliced bread and then… nothing. They never get touched again. I think Pixelade started a miniseries with his open world mod but then had to pause it as it was very buggy. He said he would continue with the series when the mod gets more stable but afaik hasn‘t done it so far.

I think you have a good point. I haven't seen anyone actually playing with this mod. I think his mods look quite promising but with the game being updated monthly, I can see such a big mod breaking all the time. I think this kind of mod would have more stability and chances of success if the game was in a final finished version.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,579 Member
    Why isn't it Thursday yet? :'(
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    @elanorbreton - Maybe we'll get some more teases today at least?
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Here's the actual facts of Henford & Bagley, they are both Towns/Cities all over England. I googled.

This one is called "Hereford" and has a bridge too :)

LOjdAqM.jpg

b3QHKkB.jpg
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'd just like to see them flesh it out a bit more. We know they can add a good looking bar into the game. They've done it time and time again. Why don't they experiment and use some of the other lot types, too? Museums, libraries, gyms, pools... there are many more options yet all they seem to want to add for a while now are bars for some reason.

I completely agree, and it's usually one of my biggest complaints whenever we get a new world. A single bar just doesn't cut it, and I don't think it's very functional if I have to visit another world just to use a library etc.

I'm the type of player who enjoys staying in one world, as it keeps things immersive for me. I always hope for some sort of commercial/plaza area (similar to the ones we have in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs) with just 4 or 5 community lots so that I've got everything I need, all in one place. I know you could just turn any lot into anything you want, but I've always thought that it looks out of place having a gym right next to a residential lot.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    This one is called "Hereford" and has a bridge too

Anywhere ending -ford probably will have, as they're all ancient sites for river crossing.

Actually the 'ford' and the 'on' in the town name both tell us it's on a river. Maybe the river will be significant: perhaps weirs, floods, boat races, underwater fairies (like in Das Rheingold) and fish farming?
    (Probably not, but it's fun to make new assumptions)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,579 Member
    Ooh, I'd love a rowing boat for multiple sims that you could fish from on the middle of the river. I used to love that in TS3.
  • Options
    KurisKuris Posts: 16 Member
    A day to go! I am so excited <3

I have been loving the modern style that seems to encompass a lot of recent additions, but I am looking forward to something more traditional
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Funny, I was just having this debate with myself about the bars earlier today, as I was trying to think through which lots I would ideally want to put in this world if there are enough lots. I assume they will put in a bar, because, well, that's what they do. So I think it's a pretty safe bet they'll put one in this world, too.

I do often delete them, and it's particularly frustrating when it's a tiny world where the bar is basically the only community lot. But, I might leave a bar this time if (1) it's a decent-sized world and (2) they give us a cute local pub. Although I don't know how that would differ from the bars in Windenburg, but then I suppose it might be a good excuse for me to finally get rid of one of those bars.

I don't know, I'll just have to see. I'm trying to not get my hopes up for a large world, but I desperately want one. This town already calls out to me for a little bakery, a little bookshop (retail lot), a little cafe, a restaurant, and of course some sort of farmer's market (if there's a new lot type, if not, then a community garden). I'm skeptical that there will be enough for all of those plus a sufficient number of residential lots, so the bar might have to go. Even then, I will probably have to consolidate somehow. (Bookshop/bakery, hello my dream business.)

I think my ritual when new packs come out is to change whatever bar they made into a restaurant 😂 so far the only exception has been the bar in Snowy Escape but I actually haven't spent soooo much time playing in that world so maybe that's why.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Oh Jolly Old England!

I’m hoping for a Cotswolds inspired World. Henford on Bagley looks and sounds just like it! 🥰
    I also hope it comes with Crumplebottom Purse-Whipping!

Love the Cotswolds. Can't wait until Thursday for the reveal!
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm happy to be getting a new world, but honestly, I wish they would do something they haven't done before. I want India or Pakistan or Greece or South Africa. Something new to explore.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,489 Member
    I hope we can swim in this world.

• Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm mostly curious about potential new animals (seems kind of obvious with a countryside theme). If there'll be cows, sheep or chickens, will they roam freely? Or will we get stables as objects that have fences connected to it? Or maybe there's no animals at all.. Can't wait to find out tomorrow.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    My guess is that any farm animals we might get will be animated objects like small pets and babies. And I don't mean that in a negative way, I would actually prefer that over another pet that takes up a household member slot, but can't be controlled. We couldn't have many animals on our farms if that were case.

Horses, though... I'm open to them being like cats and dogs, if they come with this pack.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I'm mostly curious about potential new animals (seems kind of obvious with a countryside theme). If there'll be cows, sheep or chickens, will they roam freely? Or will we get stables as objects that have fences connected to it? Or maybe there's no animals at all.. Can't wait to find out tomorrow.
    That would be so sad. I'm not expecting horses and cows and sheep and chickens, but a countryside pack without at least a couple of animals will be a waste.
    I think chickens are probably gonna be tied to a coop, cows/sheep... I hope we'll be able to let them roam free (and have our dogs herd them, but that's a dream).
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,548 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Now that I think about it maybe it has something to do with a vineyard as well. Wouldn't mind some nectar tasting and making. :p

Also would like a big world like Windenburgh, def overdue for a big world.

I would love to have nectar making in TS4.
    I enjoyed growing the grapes and harvesting them with the tractor, making the nectar, and aging the nectar in the nectar cellars.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I would like to have nectar making too. But I don't believe since we got juice making in eco livestyle.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am excited about a rural setting. Other towns do have somewhat of a rural setting, but I want one where I can look off into the distance and not see skyscrapers and a lot of modern building which spoils the idea of being out "in the boonies". I have been hoping for a farm pack since the beginning as I really enjoyed it in Sims 3. And I of course want everything! Lol. Hoping for new crops like corn and pumpkins, canning, cows, chickens, horses and any other animals I can have. I actually want all the items Sims 3 had for farming but know the tractor probably won't be possible. A marketplace for the selling of your crops would be great too, and maybe be able to sell some of the items you put away by canning as well. Nectar making, maybe a wheat crop with the ability to actually use the mill with the water wheel, and tea like in sims 3. I know that is probably a lot more than we will actually get, but I have my dreams! I really hope it is farming, and I think a Bed & Breakfast may also be possible due to the "tourism". I would love fairies as well (and werewolves!) but agree they need their own pack. I know content is limited in any pack, so hoping they do more later in packs and kits if not included in expansion.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,161 Member
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I know people keep mentioning nectar making, which is absolutely something I want in the game, but I am actually hoping they save that for a Mediterranean pack of some kind down the road.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    I am cautiously optimistic about what this EP will be. So far it sounds nice but we don't have a lot to go on, yet. Definitely a new world, rural, and I'm hoping it will at least have some aspects of farming.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.