Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 11 Announcement Coming Thursday 6/10

Comments

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    It sounds lovely, I am looking forward to the reveal.

Thank goodness they aren't making us wait any longer - I was afraid we'd be hanging around wondering all month!
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member

So, any other Sim sleuths? This is what I want to find out by Thursday!

Who is the other "A" Crumplebottom? I don't know much about the Crumplebottom family, but as far as I know the only "A" is Agnes? Maybe they are rebooting the Crumplebottom family and they are family members we haven't met yet?

What is the significance of the date on the postcard? Although in guessing there isn't any significance really. :smile:

My first thought was maybe it's Agnes and perhaps a young niece or nephew. I don't know why, but at the mention of the garden stall all I could picture was a young woman and her crotchety great aunt selling their wares. Although, knowing EA, they might just be two distant cousins of Agnes we've never heard of.

• Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    Question for all who want horses: what would you expect from them considering it’s not an open world and you can’t travel lot to lot with them ( except for magically appearing to a new one with it)? Would they be mainly for breeding and show training skills? Not saying I wouldn’t love horses as long as the unicorn comes back but I think I would be disappointed with them. Now I’m all down for chickens, cows, pigs, etc.

Disclaimer, I didn't play sims 3 (just 1, 2 & 4) so I'm not sure how they worked before, but I want them now.

I don't see horses as a mode of transport really, just as another hobby. I used to do horse riding but it was never a mode of transport, it's a hobby. I rode at stables or out in the countryside for leisure, but not going anywhere.

I would like to have a stable lot type where you could ride around, clean up, practice jumps and such. Maybe have special routes in the world where you could go riding, maybe like the hiking trails in Mt. Komorebi or use it like bikes in other world where you can jog and cycle randomly around. Also if you could have lessons it would be good (like how yoga works in spa day) and a new kids after school activity would also be nice as we need more of those (even if it's rabbit hole). The other option would be have your own horse on your lot and a small stable stall object they lived in. You could ride around your lot or ride to a stable if you want it. I would like to see a horse lover trait and a new career as an equestrian (maybe a work from home style one, can do at stable or rabbit hole).

I don't see a reason to need open world at all. Maybe the option to use it like a bike to go places, but I don't really need that. I heard there were random stray ones in sims 3 but that makes no sense to me, stray horses are not common like dogs/cats so I'd rather not have any. To me it isn't like a car that benefits from open world. Tbh part of me hopes it's in a game pack instead so it's more fleshed out but I just want them lol.

I like the hiking trail idea. I know you said you didn’t play but in 3 they could breed and participate in races and shows but it was a rabbit hole; I would like to see it not be a rabbit hole if they brought that aspect into it.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    Question for all who want horses: what would you expect from them considering it’s not an open world and you can’t travel lot to lot with them ( except for magically appearing to a new one with it)? Would they be mainly for breeding and show training skills? Not saying I wouldn’t love horses as long as the unicorn comes back but I think I would be disappointed with them. Now I’m all down for chickens, cows, pigs, etc.

I just want ‘em.

Not being able to travel lot to lot and a lack of open world is fine with me and I have no issues with horses being restricted to a stable type lot to ride and care for them. Happens that way 99.9% of the time for me as it is (unless I hook up the trailer and we haul somewhere which doesn’t happen terribly often) in which case, I can suspend disbelief of the game’s loading screen as that entire action (is it possible to learn this power in real life, I might actually go somewhere then :D)
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I can’t help my excitement over a new world. I’m wondering if this pack will be decent since DHD is so bare, meaning all the good talent was working on this. I would be extremely happy if romance was a theme here with an attraction system and more romantic options.

If it’s farming, I think we’ll only get one or two animals (no tractor), kinda like how “Pets” became “Cats & Dogs”.

In the past 2 years I’ve passed on half the DLC so it will obviously have to show its worth to me before I buy it.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I'm very excited to see what it will be! The village looks so pretty, very British, or at least what I think of as British. I love how much stuff we are getting lately, it's so much fun!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    All I want is horses. They've been teasing them for so long. But I'm prepared to be disappointed. Farming would be nice, but knowing EA it will probably be a very watered down version of farming. As for fairies, I don't wanna see them in a expansion pack, seeing as both aliens and mermaids are the most lackluster lifestates.
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    I feel like we'll get improved plantsims in this expansion and they will save fairies for a game pack
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I would love horses, but I really doubt we will get them. :/ I like the idea of a quiet English-type village with farmer's market, etc. I know it'll be gorgeous.

Everybody seems to be hoping for a farm pack. I just want a nice number of usable lots.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    We could get ducks and geese; they could just be reskins of chickens, and without drops. (Or they drop sellable eggs, which are basically just chicken eggs.) Llamas and bunnies, I would love but the former might be too costly.

Somewhat unrelated, but farming has been a super prevalent theory for the pack, as were cards. Whereas cars were deconfirmed almost immediately, the gurus haven't denied farms or farm animals yet. A good sign, right?

Thats what I thought as well. And I am taking it as a good sign. For horse on this pack (if farming) I wouldn't even mind just getting draft horses for old-style farming. Not really into shows etc but maybe 'fall' fairs.

Maybe a game pack to add horseback riding and shows. I just want some 'real' country back into my life. Errr my Sims lives I mean.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm really intrigued as to how they will do a farming pack. It's never been top of my list for things I've wanted and I've always feared that due to the game limitations that a 'farm' would consist of a couple of chickens, a cow and a pig, and anything more would break the game. I hope this isn't the case, but we shall see.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I really hope it is Americanised I want the farms like we do here most.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I really hope it is Americanised I want the farms like we do here most.

But wouldn't that defeat the object?
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    I feel like we'll get improved plantsims in this expansion and they will save fairies for a game pack

I think I'd be okay with this, honestly. What I don't want is for faeries to get the mermaid/alien treatment where they're literally just side features. Considering there's really nothing to Plant Sims though, I don't see how they could make them any more lackluster by treating them as a side feature.

I know it will be controversial since Plant Sims came in the basegame, but I literally forget they exist anyway and I really want a proper dedicated pack for faeries.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    If farming is coming crossing fingers that the Fowl and Feather chicken coop and Milkin’ It Dairy Corral from Sims 3 make their return.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I really want to keep farm animals in my house, or bring them to other households in worlds as pets. If the devs decide to ruin our fun and make them locked to farms, then hopefully modders will unleash them and let me keep cows in my penthouse apartment.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited June 2021
    Wrenry wrote: »
    If farming is coming crossing fingers that the Fowl and Feather chicken coop and Milkin’ It Dairy Corral from Sims 3 make their return.

I think at a minimum we should get chickens and cows.

Sheep seem like a pretty obvious choice, too, given the English countryside setting, and harvesting wool for knitting would be some very sensible cross-pack functionality. (Doesn't necessarily mean we'll get sheep, just that it would have been a logical choice for them to make.)

Beyond that, goats/pigs/etc. would be really nice, but not essential for me.

ETA: I'm on the fence about horses. Not in general, but for this pack. I definitely want horses in the game. I'm just torn between whether I want them asap, or whether we would get both a better EP and better horses if they come separately. Honestly, though, the die is cast at this point; either they did or did not put horses in the pack, it's too late to change now, so I will find the silver lining in it either way.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2021
    pandie00 wrote: »

No see above on Page 5 Frost de confirmed cars.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sadly a farming pack means no hotels which we desperately need.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    @catloverplayer It could be both, something like vacation on the farm or romantic country hotels. Miss Crumplebottom wrote about a worldwide tourism video and the postcard itself could be a hint.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    @catloverplayer It could be both, something like vacation on the farm or romantic country hotels. Miss Crumplebottom wrote about a worldwide tourism video and the postcard itself could be a hint.

I think the worldwide tourism video is just the YouTube game trailer though since they have to somehow tell people to watch for it at a certain date and time.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNx_-tVKcDs

Arnie's farming pack is coming out around the same time. The official EP should be very worried because if it fails, EA's gonna look really bad in comparison.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNx_-tVKcDs

Arnie's farming pack is coming out around the same time. The official EP should be very worried because if it fails, EA's gonna look really bad in comparison.

There’s already plenty of CCs and mods that do that. :D
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    > @Haflinger said:
    > I think the worldwide tourism video is just the YouTube game trailer though since they have to somehow tell people to watch for it at a certain date and time.

I now, but I wanted to be optimistic before the release of the game trailer. My expectations are very low for this pack.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited June 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    To be honest I'm kind of disappointed by the location, we already have a lot of rural grassland cold country town type locations (Granite Falls, Windenburg, Glimmerbrook, Newcrest, Willow Creek, parts of Mt Komorebi and Brindleton Bay) and I really want to see something new. I just feel like the whole green grass and oak tree thing is so overdone and I really want to see some landscapes we don't already have like Morocco, Egypt, Mediterranean coast, Brazil, etc

The fact this is a whole EP is disappointing too in my opinion. We have so much "country/cottage" aesthetic as it is and I just know this is going to add a ton more to an already huge catalog. I'm not into farming gameplay or country aesthetic though so I'm a bit biased. It's a pass for me but I hope people that wanted it like it.