Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Dang. I hated the interior design career in TS3. I'm a builder and I have already built custom homes for every lot in the game and I have sims that live in all of them that I play. I don't want to remodel my work, if that makes sense. I truly hope it's not like TS3s system. I hope they include a world that needs a makeover. I probably won't use the career, but if it adds a lot of new objects, I'll get it.

That's exactly my problem. I have every single Lot already set up for my many, many households in my rotational play and I don't want to edit them for another sims career. I really do hope we get a new world with houses that need some tlc.

I hope that we will get an extensive build mode update for this. I'm not too optimistic about getting any lots, but that would be great. I also don't want to redecorate the houses that I've already remade and redecorated, although I'm kinda curious what "wants" these sims will have and if we will be to know beforehand who the client is and therefore avoid the jobs that are for those that already have my own houses.

About sims's wants... may it be related to the new trait slot? Some kind of preference...that will drive townies to make their home changes?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,966 Member
    Toddlers need nurseries also. Changing table. Diaper pail.
    Toddler swing. Upholstered rocking chair.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,554 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I hope that we will get an extensive build mode update for this. I'm not too optimistic about getting any lots, but that would be great. I also don't want to redecorate the houses that I've already remade and redecorated, although I'm kinda curious what "wants" these sims will have and if we will be to know beforehand who the client is and therefore avoid the jobs that are for those that already have my own houses.

About sims's wants... may it be related to the new trait slot? Some kind of preference...that will drive townies to make their home changes?
    My guess for that new slot would be a single overall lifetime want, as it is offset in the same way as the aspirations (which can be multiple).

I can't remember too much about the designer career in TS3, didn't we used to get pop-up options we could pick from? Like, do a new nursery for Bob Pancakes or a garden overhaul for Joe Bloggs or a kitchen for Mrs Brown, then your sim would travel to the appropriate house and you'd go into build mode to do the edits.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member

Hmm.... not sure, It's near the aspiration slot, so design-wise I think it will be something similar or related to the aspiration concept, like a lifetime wish for example or something like that.
  • Options

My guess for that new slot would be a single overall lifetime want, as it is offset in the same way as the aspirations (which can be multiple).

I can't remember too much about the designer career in TS3, didn't we used to get pop-up options we could pick from? Like, do a new nursery for Bob Pancakes or a garden overhaul for Joe Bloggs or a kitchen for Mrs Brown, then your sim would travel to the appropriate house and you'd go into build mode to do the edits.

Yes, 3 architect career is like that.
    Oh, let's see how they do that lifetime want if it's that... because they mentioned that they aren't working on whims and autonomy is kind of crazy i can't see what will it serve for... and it'll mess with Lifetime Aspiration mod, that does changes whims in a very meaningfull way 😢
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,424 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    wait it just hit me, we don't really have an ability to build a nursery. I mean there aren't enough actual items for a baby nursery in the build mode, so does it mean that we may get some?

There's the bassinet and toys. As the baby is stuck to the bassinet it doesn't need much furniture.

okay but real question: how do i interior design the nursery

if i cant change babys crib cause its tied to the baby

do i just sell my clients baby or (:

The teaser says playroom, not nursery, but even so, the bassinet would be just one piece of furniture in the room. You can change everything else.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    wait it just hit me, we don't really have an ability to build a nursery. I mean there aren't enough actual items for a baby nursery in the build mode, so does it mean that we may get some?

There's the bassinet and toys. As the baby is stuck to the bassinet it doesn't need much furniture.

okay but real question: how do i interior design the nursery

if i cant change babys crib cause its tied to the baby

do i just sell my clients baby or (:

The teaser says playroom, not nursery, but even so, the bassinet would be just one piece of furniture in the room. You can change everything else.

They might also request nurseries before having babies, in which case the baby spawns in the available bassinette.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    And simguruninja posted a picture of a ring with sims proposing earlier
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    What's this about, I wonder? Interesting.

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    And simguruninja posted a picture of a ring with sims proposing earlier

It's his anniversary. That's all Ninja's was about, I'd assume.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    ooh I'd love interior design tried that in ts3 but the game doesn't hold itself well, I finally got to try it a little more now with a better computer but I guess raising six kids on a farm was more valuable to my sim ah well looking forward to it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,357 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

He's not hinting.

Seriously, he's not.

He follows it up with

He's just having fun with the format of the announcement.
  • Options
    I really like Sim Guru Doi. :) Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    Hm, I don't understand that such a new career can need a full GP?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It will bring more than the career, i believe. The hint said a cool new career in a creative pack. There'll be more creative features. I hope!
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

He's not hinting.

Seriously, he's not.

He follows it up with

What a shame because lotr content would be so awesome 😅😅
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im holding out judgment until news drops. If interior design is going to be the main concept, it sounds interesting and could pair well with Moschino and GF. If one career is going to take up a entire GP, Im going to expect alot of decent gameplay.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,554 Member
    It will bring more than the career, i believe. The hint said a cool new career in a creative pack. There'll be more creative features. I hope!
    Yesterday when I thought it was going to be a seamstress career, I was imagining they would add sculpting and pottery too and we could do those as hobbies or careers. I would have liked that.
  • Options

He's not hinting.

Seriously, he's not.

He follows it up with

Yes it would, and I'm pretty sure GrimSuruDoi would be one to give it to us if he could (he worked on Sims Medieval) I just don't think he was hinting at it being part of the Hot Sims Summer, and certainly not related to the Game Pack.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

He's not hinting.

Seriously, he's not.

He follows it up with

Yes it would, and I'm pretty sure GrimSuruDoi would be one to give it to us if he could (he worked on Sims Medieval) I just don't think he was hinting at it being part of the Hot Sims Summer, and certainly not related to the Game Pack.

I third this! I love LotR.

Although, I don't know how well another collab type pack would go over. So if they did this (and that's a big if) it may be better to do an LotR inspired pack. So like a medieval fantasy based pack, with some references to LotR.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Let's hope so! I'm staying cautious. I'd love more hobbies and a proper hobby system.
  • Options
    I really like Sim Guru Doi. :) Thanks for the clarification.

It is probably always best to assume GrimSuruDoi is not hinting at anything and then be surprised when it turns out something is a hint than assume he is and then be disappointed when it's not.

... Actually, it's probably always good practice to not be disappointed when a SimGuru's tweets turn out to not be a hint... or when they were hints but you guessed wrong... Sometimes a tweet is just a tweet
  • Options
    Thanks again, I don't generally follow twitter, except for what gets posted on the forums, but I guess I'm just excited about the EP possibilities this time.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    So happy no longer active on Sims Twitter. I bet there are a thousands of complaints, and non logical bashing again like, a content "nobody" wants.