Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Comments

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I enjoyed the Architect career in TS3 until it quit working. I play rotationally, but I'm not worried about Sim A redoing the kitchen of Sim B or C. I play the Detective occasionally, and they never go to any of my households. But I do hope we get more than a career. I'd like to see some new skills -- pottery, maybe, and sewing of drapes and wall-hangings. It would be nice if they added more furniture to the woodworking bench, too.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

We're they playing Sims together? 👀

My guess is that they were directing them together like on a big screen or they were all just playing at the same time and cracking jokes about what was happening.

Yeah, but what if the new creative career allows simmers to go in other people's games and decorate stuff? They always say they want social elements to the gameplay.

Would you trust a random simmer to decorate in your game? I'm sure you're all wonderful, but I wouldn't let you within an inch of my builds! :lol:

(I'm sure you wouldn't want me to decorate yours either, I'm a big fan of clutter....haha)

Same...still haven't found another builder whose lots I can use without making a ton of changes. Basically, I just have to build my own. And definitely don't want any of you in my game messing up my builds either. :D
    Post edited by Mstybl95 on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

My guess is that they were directing them together like on a big screen or they were all just playing at the same time and cracking jokes about what was happening.

Yeah, but what if the new creative career allows simmers to go in other people's games and decorate stuff? They always say they want social elements to the gameplay.

Would you trust a random simmer to decorate in your game? I'm sure you're all wonderful, but I wouldn't let you within an inch of my builds! :lol:

(I'm sure you wouldn't want me to decorate yours either, I'm a big fan of clutter....haha)

Some people may like the opportunity.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited May 2021

Some people may like the opportunity.

I'm sure you're right. :smile: I understand everyone wants different things in their Sims game, and try to be respectful of everyone's desires, even if it's not something I would want. I promise I was only having a joke at the idea (although I still wouldn't let any of you near my game).

Is having another player decorate/build in your game (or you in theirs) an opportunity you would like to have? If so, I'd be interested in knowing why? :smile:
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Throwing some more speculation out there....
    My take on this is that non active households will be your clients....Sims 4 families tend to be quite static (ie they won't get married, have kids etc) whereas in Sims 3 story progression helped new projects come through all the time....could that mean story progression is returning?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Imagine: the game generates a secret lot for your sim, and will pick houses from the Gallery for you to renovate. All you have to do is have a certain amount of items on the lot and not use any mods or cheats, so you can't accidentally give someone a lot that lags their computer.

Except the devs forgot that the Gallery doesn't work without internet, so the career comes out broken on release. People figure out the Gallery thing and abuse it, so you'll get lots with slurs written in terrain paint, houses shaped like body parts and one person putting dragon plushies in every room in the house.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited May 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    Imagine: the game generates a secret lot for your sim, and will pick houses from the Gallery for you to renovate. All you have to do is have a certain amount of items on the lot and not use any mods or cheats, so you can't accidentally give someone a lot that lags their computer.

Except the devs forgot that the Gallery doesn't work without internet, so the career comes out broken on release. People figure out the Gallery thing and abuse it, so you'll get lots with slurs written in terrain paint, houses shaped like body parts and one person putting dragon plushies in every room in the house.

I'll join the dragon person and fill the walls with pictures of vlad
    especially sinister for people who play walls down only to notice it million years later
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2021

Haha, yeah. And then there are people like me. If I should ever suddenly and mysteriously become interested in doing free work for people who likely wouldn't appreciate it anyway (and I'm pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 certain such an interest won't be happening), I'd probably forget to turn off certain mods and get my account banned because of it. D'oh!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

Haha, yeah. And then there are people like me. If I should ever suddenly and mysteriously become interested in doing free work for people who likely wouldn't appreciate it anyway (and I'm pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ certain such an interest won't be happening), I'd probably forget to turn off certain mods and get my account banned because of it. D'oh!

Sure I build you a Teen Den, but tell me, what's your sim growing in that basement???
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    They did say there is a new world or something like that

Where, how, what? They did? A world? 🤔
    All I’ve seen is them blue tweets. I suppose when it’s Trailer Time later we’ll know more...

A new world would be awesome.

I'm definitely down for a new world... some old world/neighbourhoods that are run down and need a bunch of TLC to make them livable? Yes please!

Aah....but wouldn’t that be like Eco lifestyle? 🤔
    I could do with more run down hoods without all the junk though. In fact I’d love it!

It’d be great if the pack offers an “abandoned” or “dilapidated” lot trait (crumbling walls, creaking floorboards etc.) and window boards as curtains / wall deco.

I do realize I’m getting too excited about what this GP could be, so I’ll be off now.

You've just literally set my expections now! 🤣🤣

Literally not going to accept anything less than this now! 😁😁
  • Options
    In six minutes we shall know...
  • Options
    CinnabunbunCinnabunbun Posts: 13 New Member
    They really did it. They slapped $20 on one checklist career and some furniture. *walks away*
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Ugh, why so much talking? I got it from the teasers — you have to redecorate for other people.
    Is there something else? Doesn't look like it.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Zzz zzz..... Zzz zzz ....
  • Options
    Lmao she uses a tablet for work at one point
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I really like the style of the new BB items (and CAS) I saw in the trailer. There is so much new stuff!

aw6J028.jpg

And I don't think it is a surprise that it is a "checklist career". Checklists are part of any project.

YyI8hmu.jpg

If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    oh its sims 4 get ikea

like the sofas, and i spotted separated oven and cooktop and some play tent thingy that was kinda cute

buuuuuuut other than that?

not much... not much...
    I'm just really not fond of this furniture style...at all
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Are those shelves modular, too? I'm probably in just for the modular sofa, but I don't think it's worth $20.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    It's cool, I like it. Not exactly what I wanted, but hey, my sister pays for half! :lol:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    I'm liking the new BB items (CAS looks hideous though), but it looks like it's all just modern, clean stuff again. No dilapidated furniture or cracks or anything grungy. Granted, we only saw premade houses. But you think they'd advertise the grunge too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited May 2021
    I dig it. I played the architect designer career in the sims 3 only recently and to have something similar in the sims 4 with my main cast is niceee.

Now to decide who out of my 300 sims will be picking up this career.

Edit: I wonder if the painting skill will factor in? If that is the case then I can carry over a certain painter, yeeeesss!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was a bit underwhelmed by the trailer to be honest. It's just up to personal preference but I was looking for fresh gameplay and it didn't seem like there is much of that. The build/buy looks really good though!
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    So we ARE getting preferences for Sims based on the official article: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/dream-home-decorator-reveal?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_dream-home-deco-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=68494&ts=1621523452310&setLocale=en-us

Other than that... it feels as meaty as Paranormal Stuff Pack, which was a... Stuff pack. I earn my own money so 20€ (i'm in France) isn't breaking my bank account but i do feel like we should be grateful for the amount of stuff Paranormal SP brought to the game at its price point :D