Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Β«13456711
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Interior Designer career coming!!!!!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2021
    I did like the Interior Designer career in Sims 3 Ambitions, so I'm actually a little excited.

I hope they're building upon it cause this time it's a whole GP dedicated to it.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Funny, I actually have an "interior designer" Sim in one of my old saves. Obviously her job was mostly in my imagination, and very much just a case of me redesigning a lot and then cheating money into my Sim's Ballance. :lol:

If this is what I hope it is, I'm very very excited!
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    I'd love an interior design career--but I'll be interested to see what else is included, because that alone doesn't seem sufficient for being considered a game pack. :) Now, maybe as a gameplay kit? That would feel more appropriate.
  • Options
    I'd love an interior design career--but I'll be interested to see what else is included, because that alone doesn't seem sufficient for being considered a game pack. :) Now, maybe as a gameplay kit? That would feel more appropriate.

I agree, but I feel that with an Interior Designer career, there should be alot of Build/Buy coming. (I hope).

Do you think this is the kind of GP that would include a small new world, the size of Forgotten Hollow perhaps. Maybe a development site with new houses that need interior design?
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member

I agree, but I feel that with an Interior Designer career, there should be alot of Build/Buy coming. (I hope).

Do you think this is the kind of GP that would include a small new world, the size of Forgotten Hollow perhaps. Maybe a development site with new houses that need interior design?

I love this idea! :) And I've noticed that a lot of the advertising for "Summer of Sims" uses language about "expanding" the world--so I want to believe you're right and I would be thrilled!
  • Options

I love this idea! :) And I've noticed that a lot of the advertising for "Summer of Sims" uses language about "expanding" the world--so I want to believe you're right and I would be thrilled!

We'll, if it's not then you and me need to go make a pack, we seem to be on the same page, haha.
    I really am just guessing and dreaming, so I hope I haven't gotten your hopes up!

Also, thus could explain the sectional sofa and calender supposedly coming to BG? It could be like a work calender to keep track of clients and deadlines?

I hate being patient, but I'll try...
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    I hope that with this pack, we get new build/buy features in Base Game, as the so-called sectional sofas
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I bet this is where we get the sectional sofas we saw hinted at in that livestream last month! Oh man I am excited about this. I have several sims I pretended were interior designers but now it can be even more fun!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I hope it will have a new world too and some cool new build items and furniture.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2021
    Awesome!
    Perfect timing as my group of sims are in University, or preparing for it, and the first three are out and starting their careers.
    I haven't played since January and will not be playing until the EP hits in July, but already I know I have something to look forward to with this Game Pack and an EP soon afterwards.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Eh. There's already a ton of Buy/Build focus in the game, and I'd have rather we got bands. But I'm happy for the people who wanted this, and I know there are a lot of people who did.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sorry to the band's crowd but I'm so happy it's not bands πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ This sounds awesome! Been hoping for years that we'd get something like the stylist and interior design career from 3 in 4 (but executed better) so I'm excited for this pack. :smile:

I hope they'll avoid the mistakes they made with 3 though, I didn't care for those careers as you literally got one gig a day and then youd just get nothing else. I worry that thisll be a freelance career though (like the paranormal and acting career) where you have to book every gig and wait multiple days for every single job...
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I confess I'm a little disappointed, I was really hoping for bands, but this doesn't sound bad. I don't have a whole lot of interest in an interior design/architect career, but I don't hate it. Especially if it comes with a new world, I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale.

Congrats to all who were hoping for this!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hey i was close! I said fashion designer pack πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    I'm happy to see it's something a lot of simmers are actually happy about.
    I would use it and I can see the fun in this but I'm not super thrilled. Won't really add much to my play style. I'm interested to hear the details though.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    That sounds interesting. I have enjoyed playing both House Flipper and The tenants recently so it will be interesting to see Maxis take on an interior designer.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited May 2021
    But...but....I wanted to be in a Rockband again! 😭

I’m curious about this GP!
    I don’t feel excited about it whatsoever, even-though I love building. It’s wonderful to see so many positive reactions though! πŸ‘πŸΌ
    I hope there’s something I can use and I’m looking forward to the trailer & the live-stream.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited May 2021
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    Eh. There's already a ton of Buy/Build focus in the game, and I'd have rather we got bands. But I'm happy for the people who wanted this, and I know there are a lot of people who did.

also eh.

didn't really enjoy interior design career in ts3 it was too bothersome personally

(though it might just be because of always having to create a style the heck out of everything cause default swatches were horrid)

+ as builder i already edited most of these ppls houses so they have cool houses that do not need interior designer so how dare they complain *shakes fist*

buuuut i guess there might be useful build buy....like autosofas

but at same time i fear it be boring modern objects only * sighs deeply*

oh well we shall see what materializes

for now first impression:

:( how dareth thou make this and not romance pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited May 2021
    Not my thing. Not a builder and I never play the interior design career in ts3 cause I hate changing the houses the game comes with. Oh well. Was hoping for something else but happy for the builders out there.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    That's really disappointing. There's already so much focus for builders in the game. I was hoping for gameplay.

The only good pack this year has been Paranormal.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really want to be positive about this new pack, but I'm struggling. I suppose I should wait and see what they say on the 25th before committing myself. Maybe I'll be surprised.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: Β»

also eh.

didn't really enjoy interior design career in ts3 it was too bothersome personally

(though it might just be because of always having to create a style the heck out of everything cause default swatches were horrid)

+ as builder i already edited most of these ppls houses so they have cool houses that do not need interior designer so how dare they complain *shakes fist*

buuuut i guess there might be useful build buy....like autosofas

but at same time i fear it be boring modern objects only * sighs deeply*

oh well we shall see what materializes

for now first impression:

:( how dareth thou make this and not romance pack

I was thinking that too. My townies all live in amazing mansions or places that I built to fit the theme of the world. Don't really want to change themπŸ˜…πŸ˜… I was definitely hoping for something else but I'll see what else it comes with.
  • Options
    And please don't let this come with more environmental buffsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm sure there will be something in this pack I like. So far, every pack has had something to make it worth getting

For me, an Inerior Designer Career won't be it ... unless I can do it like the old Monster House makeover show on Discovery.