Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

15678911...Next

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I know right ? I’ve been hoping for a smaller cupcake making device too (ideally a kitchenaid like robot).

SimguruNinja did say on Twitter that it’s an oven, he didn’t specify what you can cook in it though.

SimplyTori wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Pizza could be nice !! This looks just like the mini-oven I bought for my studio because there wasn't one, and there's no space for a regular sized built in one.
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that toaster oven looking thing is a smaller cupcake machine, been waiting forever as so many others have and if we can make pizza in it too that would be a plus. <3

Pizza would be awesome but one can hope my Bakers don't have room for that Huge Cupcake Machine ;)

That'll be a huge lost opportunity if you can't bake cupcakes and such in it. I hope they thought of that, people have been complaining about the giant machine for years.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I assume the life stream is next week?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

The 25th.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member

The 25th.
    I thought that’s the Insight Maxis stream, which is separate to pack livestreams or have they changed that?

• OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member

The 25th.
    I thought that’s the Insight Maxis stream, which is separate to pack livestreams or have they changed that?

There is this for the 25th on YouTube, you can set a reminder for it. https://youtube.com/watch?v=6WbYxkn5HNo

But Inside Maxis was supposed to be back on the 25th too, so I don't know anymore. Unless they're the same stream, but it doesn't sound like it. I just made sure, and yes they said May 25th at about 00:45:45 in the video.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited May 2021
    it appears this pack has greatly affected my poor brain that is now subconciously making space in oasis springs for
    " when i get batuu"

i wasn't even supposed to get batuu... but this ikea stuff is making batuu b/b look pretty good... @_@ oh dear.

i can only hope ep has zero modern b/b and tons of ancient b/b cause otherwise my building summer gonna be very moroccan
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Does anyone wish the sofas were more comfortable looking or is it just me? I like the modularity and they look nice but in an airport lounge kind of way, especially the one that looks like the yellow plastic chair we already have in game. For home use I imagine they would be plushier, with some pillows and stuff.

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Does anyone wish the sofas were more comfortable looking or is it just me? I like the modularity and they look nice but in an airport lounge kind of way, especially the one that looks like the yellow plastic chair we already have in game. For home use I imagine they would be plushier, with some pillows and stuff.

I'll just imagine they have the purple mattress waffle system on the inside. :smile:

yeah they look like cheap ikea sofa that break when someone actually sit on them
    id rather have bigger more cushiony sofas

but then again i guess those are not loved by interior people sooo :<
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021

So we have 2 rather nice sofas in my house, and a 3rd that was about $100 at IKEA and folds down flat.

One of these is a pricey leather affair with soft cushions and all that comfort stuff. The IKEA one looks like it was made in a Soviet factory. The last sofa was mid-range and super firm.

In terms of comfort scores, if they were sims sofas, I'd give the soft leather one a 1 or the discomfort rating. I'd give the 'Soviet IKEA fold out' a 4, and the mid range one, from CB2, looks like it was made at IKEA and seriously resembles those images (it honestly looks like the designer shops at the same CB2 I did a few years ago) and is very 'tensile firm' I'd give a 5.

Soft is nice for about 3 minutes and then your back hurts and your butt gets sore. The firm 'military looking' sofas hold you in place, support your back, and after an hour or two on them your butt feels the same way it did when you sat down.

In a more complex game each sim would need a preference for soft or firm and comfort of sofas would be relative to that preference... ;)
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    Jyotai wrote: »

So we have 2 rather nice sofas in my house, and a 3rd that was about $100 at IKEA and folds down flat.

One of these is a pricey leather affair with soft cushions and all that comfort stuff. The IKEA one looks like it was made in a Soviet factory. The last sofa was mid-range and super firm.

In terms of comfort scores, if they were sims sofas, I'd give the soft leather one a 1 or the discomfort rating. I'd give the 'Soviet IKEA fold out' a 4, and the mid range one, from CB2, looks like it was made at IKEA and seriously resembles those images (it honestly looks like the designer shops at the same CB2 I did a few years ago) and is very 'tensile firm' I'd give a 5.

Soft is nice for about 3 minutes and then your back hurts and your butt gets sore. The firm 'military looking' sofas hold you in place, support your back, and after an hour or two on them your butt feels the same way it did when you sat down.

In a more complex game each sim would need a preference for soft or firm and comfort of sofas would be relative to that preference... ;)

They could be comfortable, but they don't look like they are. The one with the back on a right angle wouldn't be able to support your back, and the other one just looks like it's made of concrete. I think some cushions would have made them look both more comfortable and homey.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have the soderhamn from Ikea. I got it the year it came out brand new. Best sofa I've ever owned, lasted longer than any furniture store bought sofa and still survives visits from my 350lbs step dad. It has a right angle back.

Depends on what you're looking for in a sofa. Some want traditional looking and to be able to have conversations. I wanted something comfortable to watch movies because I don't host very often and watch movies a lot.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

They could be comfortable, but they don't look like they are. The one with the back on a right angle wouldn't be able to support your back, and the other one just looks like it's made of concrete. I think some cushions would have made them look both more comfortable and homey.

This reminds me of the Progressive insurance commercial where the guy says you don't need a sofa full of pillows like your parents had. 😂
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I have the soderhamn from Ikea. I got it the year it came out brand new. Best sofa I've ever owned, lasted longer than any furniture store bought sofa and still survives visits from my 350lbs step dad. It has a right angle back.

Depends on what you're looking for in a sofa. Some want traditional looking and to be able to have conversations. I wanted something comfortable to watch movies because I don't host very often and watch movies a lot.

Well, I guess these sofas are meant for conversations by the look of them.
    edited May 2021

my butt that has experienced wooden sofas and my back that has slept on one would like to gently disagree about hard place always being comfortable option that leads to no back or butt or leg pain

(it very much lead to feeling like human block of wood and having to crawl off that sofa thanks for asking but it was desperate situation)
    that being said after you are used to hard seats your body will start supporting itself better and you'll likely get better posture with time having to use your body parts to maintain nice position which eventually leads to increase in all comfort and hence the soft places might start to feel less comfortable because you can't hold good posture you are used to

but for just usual potato soft sofa seems more comfy because they most likely don't have perfect posture to begin with and just wanna use 0 muscle and blob and relax even if it results in body ache few hours later due to the blob postures

soo yeah as blob human i prefer my seats also blob: big and cushiony possible to blob in

at least for tv watching and playing games etc that requires me to focus on other things than how i am sitting

but I also often like to balance it by just laying on floor on yoga mat or something and doing some exercise and stretching and stuff to escape the blob form afterwards

in short: we need blob sofas but we also need non blob sofas and both should be a choice

cause i dont think my friend bob pancakes is gonna enjoy slouching on these sofas even if eliza loves them
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Got a little inspired to use the Movie Hangout Couch. I used the BB.MoveObjects to connect the couches together. I'll replace it with actual connected couches when DHD comes out.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member

The 25th.

There is this for the 25th on YouTube, you can set a reminder for it. https://youtube.com/watch?v=6WbYxkn5HNo

But Inside Maxis was supposed to be back on the 25th too, so I don't know anymore. Unless they're the same stream, but it doesn't sound like it. I just made sure, and yes they said May 25th at about 00:45:45 in the video.

FYI: They seem to have deleted the first video and have this new one up now. Still for the 25th, not sure why they had to remove the first one: https://youtube.com/watch?v=LGpVThNHars
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member

Yeah, to me that's just it - they do look comfortable.

Funny enough, my local news website had an article in the "style" section on this exact topic:

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/What-Your-Sofa-Style-Secretly-Says-About-You-16176622.php

- And now I have the excuse to link that article at somebody. :)
    - Granted that's more of a "hey look at these neat sofa ideas and our completely unrealistic personality ideas based on them" fluff article. But yeah, what is comfort to one person is discomfort to another. So when I see these 'minimalist design' sofas, I see comfort. ;)

I think it would have been really cool to link comfort scores of furniture to a formula based on the 'style' they have in relation to personality traits of sims - with a rough default that was just meant to reflect the 'quality'. But it would require a whole second set of 'variables' to be tracked in the code for both furniture and traits, and some math to get a result - all of which slows a game down more.

So it's just nicer if they have some high and some low 'comfort value' items in multiple styles, and ignore that what one sim would like another would hate.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it: