Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Line-Up Announced

Comments

• Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited May 2021
    Turns out it was about a designer/architect career indeed! I'm intrigued.

The game pack?

Oh. 😐😑

Edit: I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to be a downer back there. I’m happy that others who wanted it will finally get what they asked for. It’s just I’m an IRL architect and it kinda hits too close to work. 😬
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »

The game pack?

Oh. 😐😑

Edit: I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to be a downer back there. I’m happy that others who wanted it will finally get what they asked for. It’s just I’m an IRL architect and it kinda hits too close to work. 😬

I had the same reaction, although I’m not a professional architect. 😂

So no music/ bands then....😒

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

The game pack?

Oh. 😐😑

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I'm disappointed too, but glad for those who wanted it. Maybe someday our sims will at least be able to jam together.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited May 2021

I was actually rooting for bands too. Didn’t think they meant actual rocks when they said “rock out at the Sims event of the summer”. Also “snagging” the career has a completely different meaning for me now *cries in construction*
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member

The game pack?

Oh. 😐😑

Exactly what I'm feeling... :/
    I hope there's more to it.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Housing reno here, count me in on the disappointment. But also, I worry we're going to get some trendy designer take, rather than a more down-to-earth and blue collar take.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021

It sounds cool but I really hope this isn't another freelance career where you have to book individual gigs and then wait days for them. I want being an interior designer to be a full time 9-5 active career not just one or two gigs here and there if you book them like the acting and paranormal careers. I never use those careers as you have to make a conscious effort to keep getting new gigs or nothing will happen
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

It sounds cool but I really hope this isn't another freelance career where you have to book individual gigs and then wait days for them. I want being an interior designer to be a full time 9-5 active career not just one or two gigs here and there if you book them like the acting and paranormal careers. I never use those careers as you have to make a conscious effort to keep getting new gigs or nothing will happen
    I agree, I loved the TS3 architect career but fear this version will not live up. I also hope it’s not something that exists only for the one Sim while actively working. For example: you’re given a job to remodel the Pancakes living room, then upon switching to actively play them you find that nothing has actually changed in their home.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I wouldn't be shocked if the creative new career is the architect career from sims 3.

I'm not sure they'd be quite so, uh, unthinking to take one of three careers from a pack which also included a lot more and charge $20. But you can say the same about bands as well given that was the active career in Late Night. Well, if it is a career, as long as it's really in depth, it probably doesn't matter what the theme is.

I wanted you to be right, I really did honestly. There better be way more to this game pack than just an architecture career.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    "Bond with nature" EP....

I'm thinking small pets like birds, snakes,
    Foresty world where sims can live in
    Cottage core build/buy
    Canoeing
    Swimming in the river
    Gardening
    Fishing
    Wood swings
    Jam making
    Hammocks
    Flower picking
    Gathering sap
    Mushroom picking
    Nectar making
    Composting
    Picnic baskets
    etc.

I'd honestly be okay with this. It still wouldn't be on the top of my list, but this appeals to me much more than just straight up farming. And much much more than the speculated interior designer GP.

That being said, I'm really hoping the EP is either like this or (wishful thinking) faeries or fairy tale related (that aren't just a side feature.) Otherwise, it's likely going to be two packs in a row I'll be skipping/holding off on for quite awhile.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    @MeowchaFrappe I agree fairies would be better with their own pack same for werewolves and I say this as a not often occult player and I am not too fussed about them. I do think more occults are needed for you occult players. However even the most popular occults (vampires and witches) have been done in a fully fleshed out dedicated gamepack but going on the description so far if and a big if fairies are included it won't be the focus of the expansion pack and would be a side feature like aliens and mermaids. Looking back they should have had their own gamepacks too to fully flesh out their gameplay and as you say their gameplay is very lackluster for you occult fans. I just realised I never fully fleshed out my point with this.

That's okay. I just don't want EA or anyone getting the wrong idea about shoving fae into an EP as a throwaway side feature and calling it a day. Because if they actually research the lore and build on mythology, there is so much potential for them to get their own dedicated Game Pack.

I mean I wouldn't expect them to add multiple types of fae, but you do have the whole seelie vs unseelie court, as well as solitary faeries, trooping faeries, all of which are classifications
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

I was about to speculate about a nature pack including whirlwinds...but alas...
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

I was about to speculate about a nature pack including whirlwinds...but alas...

You should maybe check out the thread for a disaster pack, if you haven't already seen it.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    The posts about the GP being a designer pack.... is that speculation, or is it confirmed? What do I believe? lol.

Lost and confused. Help. lol.
  • Options
    Yes, it's confirmed.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    The posts about the GP being a designer pack.... is that speculation, or is it confirmed? What do I believe? lol.

Lost and confused. Help. lol.
    Kironide wrote: »
    Yes, it's confirmed.

I wouldn't quite go that far. Strongly telegraphed/Hinted, definitely. But they haven't directly come out and said that it's a Designer Pack, unless I missed that tweet
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    If you look on Sims 4 VIP, which I believe has direct access to EA, they say it explicitly, but it hasn't been said by a Sim Guru.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm not sure how I feel about an architect career. I did enjoy it in TS3, but I play on rotation now and all my homes are already set up the way I want them to be.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm not sure how I feel about an architect career. I did enjoy it in TS3, but I play on rotation now and all my homes are already set up the way I want them to be.

I suspect it's just Interior Design, not Architecture, judging by the tweets. Hopefully I'm wrong...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I hope we get some really lovely furniture, decor pieces and new plants.
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member

The game pack?

Oh. 😐😑

See? I knew it wasn't going to be bands. Too many kids complain about bands. I doubt they'll ever give them to us. Musicians used to be appreciated, but somehow music isn't important to kids anymore. I think it's because people can get attention too easily for nothing now. It used to be if you wanted attention, you had to have an actual reason to get said attention. Why bother learning music theory when you get more attention posting selfies and complaining on Twitter? Meh, oh well. :lol: I just wish there was better music CC. Besides that (non-functional, but nice-looking music studio set) we're in a desert when it comes to music, even CC.
  • Options
    LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member

See? I knew it wasn't going to be bands. Too many kids complain about bands. I doubt they'll ever give them to us. Musicians used to be appreciated, but somehow music isn't important to kids anymore. I think it's because people can get attention too easily for nothing now. It used to be if you wanted attention, you had to have an actual reason to get said attention. Why bother learning music theory when you get more attention posting selfies and complaining on Twitter? Meh, oh well. :lol: I just wish there was better music CC. Besides that (non-functional, but nice-looking music studio set) we're in a desert when it comes to music, even CC.

okay boomer
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member

The game pack?

Oh. 😐😑

The day the music died.

Forget music theory, we'll need to restart them with just the 9 basic elements of music. lol.
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Laruhell wrote: »

okay boomer

Generation X. We're smack dab between you and the Boomers. We're used to not getting our way, and it's fine. :lol: