Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Line-Up Announced

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Charming Farming!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Curious about the GP since those tend to be my favorite packs. Kind of sounds like a hobbies pack though, which would be "meh" for me.

But "charming"... Could that be like "Prince Charming?" As in Fairy Tales? Doubtful, because fantastical things tend to be GPs, but that's where my mind went.

Base game updates are usually good.... unless they're coming with nerfs. I'm a little anxious about that.
    #Team Occult
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Curious about the GP since those tend to be my favorite packs. Kind of sounds like a hobbies pack though, which would be "meh" for me.

But "charming"... Could that be like "Prince Charming?" As in Fairy Tales? Doubtful, because fantastical things tend to be GPs, but that's where my mind went.

Base game updates are usually good.... unless they're coming with nerfs. I'm a little anxious about that.

Wouldn't mind something like that if it came with circulars stairs, circular walls and turrets. Could come with fairies, werewolves and unicorns in that case.

My imagination always seems to go beyond theirs unfortunately. They always come up a bit short!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited May 2021
    *zombie hope* the gp could still be hotelier career with random romance sprinkled across isn't that still quite creative career designing ur own hotel
    and there could be burglars at hotel which is why they say snag

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7N9MscsEF0jobwTw2WpOAk7kKTihGgpMphQ&usqp=CAU
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    *zombie hope* the gp could still be hotelier career with random romance sprinkled across isn't that still quite creative career
    and there could be burglars at hotel

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7N9MscsEF0jobwTw2WpOAk7kKTihGgpMphQ&usqp=CAU

Imo it could fit perfectly. They didn't say "creative career", they said "cool new career with a creative pack".
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Nature is cool and all, but I was hoping for another city like EP (or superheros!) As much as EL was a pleasant surprise once those NAPs were turned off a bit of mix it up with these worlds would be much appreciated.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member

@Simmingal Staying at a bed and breakfast on the outskirts of Paris, having picnics in the rolling hills, and visiting nectaries all sound like charming ways to bond with nature. Just sayin'.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I really hope the "bond with nature" is something we've never seen before because I feel like we have a ton of outdoor, nature, and environmental themes already. With it being an EP though there's a good chance it's going to have a world with it, so I'm assuming it's going to be some type of nature themed world, which I wouldn't hate because Selvadorada is one of my favorite worlds.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really hope the "bond with nature" is something we've never seen before because I feel like we have a ton of outdoor, nature, and environmental themes already.

Sims 4: Deep Galactic - explore the deep dark depths of cold space in this expansion to the Alien sim story. Because there's a whole lot more 'nature' out there than anywhere on Earth. Just not the kind of nature you're used to thinking of when people say 'nature'.

Meet our new galactic explorer sim, who's simlish is voiced by the extremely charming Neil DeGrass Tyson.

;)

Charming, nature, new career - that's 3 boxes checked off.

On a serious note. I love the idea of nature stuff but also agree that there's already a LOT of it in Sims 4 so I'm super curious now to see how this one actually turns out and in what ways it will be different.

I also would hope that more city and urban was a direction, but that seems less summer and more fall suited.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    There's a guru that changed his name to Doi-mocracy... 🤔🤔 Doimocracy, democracy, politics... but we already have politic career... 🤔🤔
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    There's a guru that changed his name to Doi-mocracy... 🤔🤔 Doimocracy, democracy, politics... but we already have politic career... 🤔🤔

GrimSuruDoi has a wry sense of humour, (unless it was a hint of a Greek theme where democracy was born).

The Urban Dictionary has "mocracy" but also a definition of

"democracy"

"Four [wolves] and one [lamb] [voting] on lunch." :D:#:D
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Wasn't the new 'kit' based on Moroccan themes supposed to come out today? Or did I have that date wrong?

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Wishful thinking: "Rock out" makes me think of bands.
    Guessing: Ride the Wave, swimming related update for base game?
    A puzzle: "Bong with Nature" sounds more like wild nature, than farming, but maybe?
    Would never guess that courtyard and chill would mean Moroccan style courtyard.

Hmm, Bong with nature sounds pretty good to me. :lol:

Grow Ops & Hemp Farms confirmed! LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Wasn't the new 'kit' based on Moroccan themes supposed to come out today? Or did I have that date wrong?

Tomorrow.
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    "Block party, what does that even mean?"
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_party or en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloc_Party ?
    Another hint towards rock bands maybe?
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I actually considered this as well for the EP. I mean, I doubt it's going to be fairy tale based (although this could be an opportunity to include a medieval theme too, I suppose. Like a Medieval theme as far as CAS and BB goes, but with a fairy tale twist?) although I'd be all for it. Lol.

And yeah, I know what you mean. I always get worried about nerfs too. Although an UN-nerfing, I wouldn't mind. Though, I don't know if it will ever happen or not.
    I think there's a schedulle in the order of the announcement today (kit -> gp -> block party -> event -> bg updates -> ep):

May - kit and gp
    June - block party and event
    July - bg updates and ep

I also think that maybe all the announced events are related to summer. The title of the announcement, Expand Your World With Summer Of Sims, kind of sounds like it, and the first one, Courtyard Oasis kit, is related to summer.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited May 2021
    I've learned to keep my expectations very low for The Sims 4, so I'm not gonna get myself too hyped up... however, the fact that the nature themed expansion pack *could* be farming is honestly getting me excited... but, like I said, I won't get my hopes up... because I already know it's likely gonna be something like Outdoor Retreat 2.0 or Eco Lifestyle 2.0... :|

I'm not worried much about the game pack, though... because, in my opinion, they generally always do a great job with them (with the exception of the cringe worthy Star Wars pack). I give Outdoor Retreat a free pass (even though it's my least favorite one) because that was basically "testing the waters" for game packs overall. The others have been decent and great!

Also, I'm more than happy to welcome anything related to LGBT pride (since I'm a gay man myself), but I'm confused to what they mean by "virtual block party"... like, what? lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member

I think the virtual block party is probably something like " Hey! Join us on Twitter and show us your sims!" And the rocking sims event is probably a summer sale. Is that cynical? It feels cynical.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

LOL, I know what a block party is, but I certainly can't figure out what a virtual block party for a single-player video game is. My guess is it'll be something something social media.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    « Bond with nature in this charming new EP » please tell me it’s Farming!!!!

None of the description sounds like generations, sadly.

Honestly I am tired with June Expansion Packs. Why does Every Pack released in June has to be related with Nature? Seasons, Island Living and Eco Lifestyle fill those. I am in no way against farming but I would love a different theme this time for June. In this three packs they changed how nature related feature in the base game works (such as gardening) and in all of them the gardening brokes... I just wish for once we get a non nature specific expansion packs.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm a bit disappointed that the expansion pack doesn't sound like a generations type pack. I feel like the game is desperate for more family play and they are making us wait so long. I just want real babies and kids to be like actual kids instead of mini adults that go to school.

I still look forward to finding out more in the future and also I have my fingers crossed it's not farming. :D
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Cautiously excited, not sure if it will have horses or farming, but at least they all sound interesting to me.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Although an UN-nerfing, I wouldn't mind.

Let us call that a "Spiking," @MeowchaFrappe B)

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

LOL, I know what a block party is, but I certainly can't figure out what a virtual block party for a single-player video game is. My guess is it'll be something something social media.

Probably some sort of Twitch stream.