Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Line-Up Announced

Comments

• AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member

Perhaps the GP is an active detective career? They may have made the fake Murder Mystery leak into an actual pack.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Cool New Career: be the grim reaper >:)

Creative New Game Pack: Grimmy World for the first time in the Sims series >:)

Bond with nature in this charming new Expansion Pack: werewolfs, fairies and gnomes! And a whimsical forest world! o:)

I can dream, right?
    :/

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    "And rock out at the Sims event of the summer"
    This sounds like an event, not a DLC, if it's music related I doubt it will be something that a new DLC would be required for.

I feel that this event is just EA play.

• OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    "And rock out at the Sims event of the summer"
    This sounds like an event, not a DLC, if it's music related I doubt it will be something that a new DLC would be required for.

I feel that this event is just EA play.

Very well could be. I'm hoping for an in-game music related event though. Us music lovers need some kind of fix. :lol:
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Being that I nic-name myself ... "muzickmage" .... will anyone be surprised if I really really hope for a music/band related GP? lol
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    Being that I nic-name myself ... "muzickmage" .... will anyone be surprised if I really really hope for a music/band related GP? lol

They gave us Dancing, DJing, and Karaoke. :disappointed: So it would be super cool if they gave us something ACTUALLY related to music instead of what little kids think music is about. :lol:

I found some decent music studio CCs so I could make a music studio. Found some drums that don't work...some bass guitars that look bad and play like six strings. Ugh. lol I'm trying here! The dream studio I built looks pretty good though. Pity it doesn't function. But oh well.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Being that last's years surveys asked about heists and a culinary quest I'm thinking the game pack may be centered around one of those. I personally would probably enjoy the heist more, but they could both be fun.

As for myself, I'd love a hobby pack with a new hobby system for skills, but I'm not sure what kind of career would fit with that so I think it's unlikely.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Being that last's years surveys asked about heists and a culinary quest I'm thinking the game pack may be centered around one of those. I personally would probably enjoy the heist more, but they could both be fun.

As for myself, I'd love a hobby pack with a new hobby system for skills, but I'm not sure what kind of career would fit with that so I think it's unlikely.

So that's why our sims will have a hot summer, they will be stuck around a stove cooking all day? :lol:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    "Bond with nature" EP....

I'm thinking small pets like birds, snakes,
    Foresty world where sims can live in
    Cottage core build/buy
    Canoeing
    Swimming in the river
    Gardening
    Fishing
    Wood swings
    Jam making
    Hammocks
    Flower picking
    Gathering sap
    Mushroom picking
    Nectar making
    Composting
    Picnic baskets
    etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The outskirts of Paris are not exactly charming though....
    :
    Monet11 wrote: »
    @Simmingal Staying at a bed and breakfast on the outskirts of Paris, having picnics in the rolling hills, and visiting nectaries all sound like charming ways to bond with nature. Just sayin'.
    :D
    Bwahaha ... I am not going to argue with that. Maybe I should have used the Smoky Mountains, picnics, and moonshine stills. But those stills aren't very charming either. :D

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I refuse to play this game of 'Guess what we mean without going overboard and being disappointed in the end.' Gosh, how refreshing would it be to get some real information we can sink our teeth into? SMH With or without the gurus' vague hints the community will always engage in speculation about upcoming new content. But, really, another bond with nature hint? I'd like to see more family bonding and activities, and they're going with nature? Again?
    The game is becoming more unbalanced with every new pack they release. This happens every summer, then we end up with new bugs to deal with for weeks or months while attempting to play the new packs. That won't happen with my game this year. If the new EP isn't the Generations one they've been hinting about for two years, count me out. And even if it does include some family type of gameplay content, I won't buy it on release day. I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed and for it to go on sale before that happens. I appreciate the fact the teams are trying their best to create new content during this COVID 19 event. But what I have seen lately just doesn't create the excitement I once felt about a new pack. After IL and EL, I just can't go through the hassle of playing a broken game again.
    How would you guys feel if the gamepack turns out to be fashion?

I would love it. Could totally go for fashion, shoes, jewelry. and art. Give me haute couture in an Italian themed city, throw in some heists and a bit of romance. I would be more thrilled with that than anything else.

I bet we're getting sheep.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

I would love it. Could totally go for fashion, shoes, jewelry. and art. Give me haute couture in an Italian themed city, throw in some heists and a bit of romance. I would be more thrilled with that than anything else.

Yes, it really is in how the pack is compiled, isn't it? Presented like this, I definitely would buy a fashion pack!
    edited May 2021
    Maxis should employ you to be their ideas person!

Sheep would be good too.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    "Snag a cool new career with a creative new game pack."
    • My first impression is bands. Perhaps a condensed version of the Showtime expansion, which focuses on gigs and live performances and introduces the drum kit, which I know many players have requested. We've already have an art career, art degree option, galleries/museums, woodworking and sculpting, fashion and photography and knitting. I don't really think they've dived into music that much, so I'm lead to believe it could be something that focuses on music.

"Bond with nature in this charming new expansion pack."
    • At first, I was reading through all the speculation and farming kept coming up. Honestly, I really hope it isn't farming because I just don't care for it. I've seen fairies being mentioned too, and that would be more up my alley, but I doubt they'd dedicate an entire expansion to an occult life state. Whatever it is though, please for the love of God don't let it be a vacation/destination kind of set up. If we're getting a new world, I want it to be residential.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited May 2021
    Kironide wrote: »

Yes, it really is in how the pack is compiled, isn't it? Presented like this, I definitely would buy a fashion pack!

honestly i would buy literally anything that adds romance gameplay that isnt just a woohoo spot....

actually i might even just buy the woohoo spot if it has new animations

I just want romance
    sad-memes-33-720x720.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Maxis should employ you to be their ideas person!

Sheep would be good too.

:D Ha! This game would be all over the place if they did that. :D

Yeah, I'd totally buy sheep, too. And some goats. If they made the babies jump, and you could dress them in little pajamas. Cute! Cute! Cute!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited May 2021
    Nature...Charming...makes me think of fairys <3
    I could see an EP about farming also including fairys.
    whatever it is, hopefully it'll add more animals, be it farm animals or wild animals that one could tame and have as pets...I mean nature isnt just plants and bugs ;)

Also verrry interested in the GP "creative" is the magic word for me.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Simmingal wrote: »

honestly i would buy literally anything that adds romance gameplay that isnt just a woohoo spot....

actually i might even just buy the woohoo spot if it has new animations

I just want romance
    sad-memes-33-720x720.jpg

I agree completely. Where's the zing? It's just so depressing.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Now that we have a Moroccan inspired kit, i wonder if we get a world where the style would fit. That would be great. The kit is really pretty but it does not really fit in any world. What do you guys think?

They said that the gamepack will come with a world, if I remember correctly?
    So a world and career...hmh, I kind if hope it is not bands as I don’t care about that. But we shall see, I think it is bands. But then a little Morocco would not make sense as a world
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    "Bond with nature" EP....

I'm thinking small pets like birds, snakes,
    Foresty world where sims can live in
    Cottage core build/buy
    Canoeing
    Swimming in the river
    Gardening
    Fishing
    Wood swings
    Jam making
    Hammocks
    Flower picking
    Gathering sap
    Mushroom picking
    Nectar making
    Composting
    Picnic baskets
    etc.

I'm going to be honest....whilst I would love to see all of these I'm more than a little annoyed if they don't acknowledge that most of this stuff could have/should have been in outdoor retreat. I appreciate that it was the first pack released and time travel is impossible, but as they've done with the base game I would like to see some updates to Outdoor Retreat. Pretty much most of the assets are redundant now that Snowy Escape/Jungle Adventures have arrived.
    Maybe this is their way of acknowledging that Outdoor Retreat was poorly made. I know it was one of the game packs that I highlighted as needing improvement in one of their surveys. I was however imagining that it would be update, rather than it being more content to pay for, (sighs). Oh well, we'll see soon enough, I suppose.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Maybe this is their way of acknowledging that Outdoor Retreat was poorly made. I know it was one of the game packs that I highlighted as needing improvement in one of their surveys. I was however imagining that it would be update, rather than it being more content to pay for, (sighs). Oh well, we'll see soon enough, I suppose.

Same here that and I think I also mentioned Island Living/Get to Work.

For what it's worth I think there is still plenty of potential for an Outdoorsy EP and if they have ideas to build on it then go ahead. I just beleive it needs to be done in a way that compensates/compliments owners of the outdoor retreat pack.

But you are right, anything at this point is just speculation and not worth reacting to until we see what it is.
    chickenow wrote: »

Same here that and I think I also mentioned Island Living/Get to Work.

For what it's worth I think there is still plenty of potential for an Outdoorsy EP and if they have ideas to build on it then go ahead. I just beleive it needs to be done in a way that compensates/compliments owners of the outdoor retreat pack.

But you are right, anything at this point is just speculation and not worth reacting to until we see what it is.

Yes, I chose those other two pack too. :) I like certain aspects of get to work, but it could have been so much better! It could have been a foundational pack to add additional non rabbit hole careers as the game progressed, but no, once the pack is gone its generally forgotten.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited May 2021
    Turns out it was about a designer/architect career indeed! I'm intrigued.