Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News Next Week? 👀 Livestream Tuesday 4/27

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Boy it's going to be ugly if something isn't announced this week. I feel bad for the SimGurus.

I'm not very sympathetic. It would be pretty foolish to post tweets like that if nothing was coming this week.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Boy it's going to be ugly if something isn't announced this week. I feel bad for the SimGurus.

I'm not very sympathetic. It would be pretty foolish to post tweets like that if nothing was coming this week.

Especially when we're due for some sort of announcement or reveal.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    It's been a while since I followed news on the game. Back when I did it was announced during events like livestreams. Could an announcement may be on this inside maxis thingy they do now? Or even a twitter post.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited April 2021
    This would be the ideal new pack for almost everyone ^^, perhaps add villains & superheroes as the new active jobs coming with it.

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited April 2021
    Personally I can really wait even a whole more week for an announcement. I find speculation really fun for some reason.

I like the build-up after long anticipation. But, the more they wait before announcing, the higher the hype gets and it becomes more likely for people to be let down.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Well, the Gurus have certainly gone quiet. Maybe they got a smack on the wrist? :tongue:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Would make some sense to put the calendar in the BG for players with werewolves to keep track of the lunar cycle.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    [quote="Sigzy05;c-17866204"]Would make some sense to put the calendar in the BG for players with werewolves to keep track of the lunar cycle.[/quote]

Omg that actually does make sense! Even more hints towards it being werewolves then. I wonder if there are in-game hints that maybe players missed because we were not expecting it.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I'm starting to think they really were just trolling. That's pretty disappointing. I could be wrong, but I think we're so desperate for news that we're starting to latch onto anything they tweet.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Uh...eh... oh well, looks like nothing today. Maybe tomorrow? :D
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Maybe there will be news next week.

Maybe they're just being trolls.

Stop playing with my heart i beg of you SimGurus :'(

They did it again
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    MElleSims wrote: »
    Question, though: If there were news today, can anyone guess what time we should expect it?

P.S. I am also curious about a potential patch.

Usually 10AM PST. After that we can start speculating about tomorrow. 😄

I'm not giving up till around 1am
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Even if there's no announcement today I hope they patch the game tomorrow....though not sure they'll fix many bugs sadly as seen in the laundry list.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I think it's so specific and "on purpose", that if it really is trolling then that's pretty annoying and irresponsible of them.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    If there is no teaser today I will be frustrated. They teased us about the teaser on Friday. This is just a bad marketing strategy.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Even if there's no announcement today I hope they patch the game tomorrow....though not sure they'll fix many bugs sadly as seen in the laundry list.

I'm also hoping for the next patch this week. If it has a kit attached, they may announce that when they give us a heads up for the patch - if they give us a heads up for the patch.
  • Options
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    If there is no teaser today I will be frustrated. They teased us about the teaser on Friday. This is just a bad marketing strategy.

That might not have been a tease....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I'm also hoping for the next patch this week. If it has a kit attached, they may announce that when they give us a heads up for the patch - if they give us a heads up for the patch.

Don't they have to release the April patch this week? We haven't gotten a patch this month. And this is the last week of the month. So they have to release something.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    🎶 Tomorrow, tomorrow, You're always a day away.🎶
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    is anyone else waiting to age up there toddlers till we see weather there will be an update tomorrow

no but I'm here postponing multiple weddings in multiple households cause there was so many romance mentions in recent packs and i swear if whatever comes this year does not include romance gameplay I just :triumph:

Heck, I’ve been postponing, babies growing into toddlers and weddings for the last 2 or 3 years at least!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm starting to think they really were just trolling. That's pretty disappointing. I could be wrong, but I think we're so desperate for news that we're starting to latch onto anything they tweet.

I feel like they were possibly trying to build some early excitement for a pack, and then when everyone started getting excited thinking they were announcing it today they had to backtrack quick
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2021
    bixters wrote: »

Don't they have to release the April patch this week? We haven't gotten a patch this month. And this is the last week of the month. So they have to release something.

Or maybe we won't have a patch at all this month. Who knows... It has happened before.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited April 2021
    Here's what I think happened.

George posted the initial tweet for fun/low-key market research (what worlds do players like?)
    Frost then responded in a way he interpreted as playful, not thinking things through because the gurus aren't Marketing, they're developers, and it's Friday, and Pandemic fatigue and they're only human, not corporate Marketing Machines.
    Several other SimGurus and other Sims Team employees got in on the fun because it's Friday and so even from home, the workweek is wrapping up.

Then several of the SimGurus (and I know for certain GrimSuruDoi) realized that this was leading to speculation and tried to post disclaimers, but it was already too late.
  • Options
    [quote="mrkingv;c-17866234"][quote="bixters;c-17866230"][quote="DaWaterRat;c-17866228"][quote="Sigzy05;c-17866215"]Even if there's no announcement today I hope they patch the game tomorrow....though not sure they'll fix many bugs sadly as seen in the laundry list.[/quote]

I'm also hoping for the next patch this week. If it has a kit attached, they may announce that when they give us a heads up for the patch - if they give us a heads up for the patch.[/quote]

Don't they have to release the April patch this week? We haven't gotten a patch this month. And this is the last week of the month. So they have to release something.[/quote]

Or maybe we won't have a patch at all this month. Who knows... It has happened before. [/quote]

Did they not publish a laundry list for april though?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Here's what I think happened.

George posted the initial tweet for fun/low key market research (what worlds do players like?)
    Frost then responded in a way he interpreted as playful, not thinking things through because the gurus aren't Marketing, they're developers.
    Several other SimGurus and other Sims Team employees got in on the fun because it's Friday and so even from home, the work week is wrapping up.

Then several of the SimGurus (and I know for certain GrimSuruDoi) realized that this was leading to speculation and tried to post disclaimers, but it was already too late.

Oof.....then they made a mistake. Time for them to do damage control. The community is gonna be unhappy.

If this is what happened.