Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Seasons Calendar might be coming to the base game

Comments

• Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Calenders = base game update. Extra trait slot = base game update. (Plausible Speculation of Zodiac Signs... Just saying) it would tie up any & all loose ends & give reason for both. Plus it makes sense with a Gen. Pack. (Bdays, weddings, funerals,etc.) I hope we eventually get baby showers with better babies and funerals with CAS-able ghosts. I want ghosts to be the next occult.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    There is no way for them to add some of the demanded features, update the game, and just keep overall adding to it to make it better if certain things don't go base game. I'm sure planning years in the future is hard and they don't realize until later that certain things should have been basegame in order to add a particular feature. And many things have to be revaluated. So for the people who feel it's not fair I understand your point but don't you want an improved game? Like what if it really is zodiac signs or something like that? You want it to be strictly paywalled with a new pack exclusive calendar?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t understand the whole “be happy for this because now people who can’t afford the pack can get to enjoy x feature since it’s in the base game” mentality.

That's not it at all, though.

I'm not ever going to be happy if they take a core feature of a pack and add it to the base game. But the calendar is in no way, shape, or fashion what I would ever consider a core feature of Seasons.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,400 Member
    Seasons was released three years ago. Getting angry that people might get calendar in base game for free is like being angry that people can buy cheap decorations in the sale after Christmas.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I mean, I can understand why people might be upset that a feature from Seasons is being moved to the base game, but let me ask this -

If there's a feature in an upcoming pack that more or less needs the calendar - whatever it may be - which is the greater issue: moving the basic Calendar to the base game and diminishing the value of the Seasons pack or having the Calendar added to the new pack as well - possibly at the expense of another system - meaning if you have Seasons you're paying for the Calendar feature twice?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lol. What's the point of buying packs if they patch in all the selling points of EP's in for free anyway?

I just can't anymore with their plum practices.

I'm not expecting holidays to come with the calender to the base game. That will be Seasons exclusive.

You really do just excuse everything they do, don’t you?

Smh.

—T
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Seasons was released three years ago. Getting angry that people might get calendar in base game for free is like being angry that people can buy cheap decorations in the sale after Christmas.

idem >:)
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I'm not gonna buy any DLC from The Sims anymore. Who knows because maybe Maxis will patch it these things in the base game down the line :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Lol. What's the point of buying packs if they patch in all the selling points of EP's in for free anyway?

I'm not expecting holidays to come with the calender to the base game. That will be Seasons exclusive.

You really do just excuse everything they do, don’t you?

Smh.

—T

Holidays are exclusive to Seasons.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope it comes with an option to have 56 day long seasons or with an option to customize the length of seasons.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,255 Member
    edited April 2021

That is still not fair.

They won't add Father Winter NPC, Flower Bunny NPC and Countdown TV channel to the basegame.

EP05 Seasons can't become an empty shell, there are already several features missing compared to the previous versions.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited April 2021
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I'm not gonna buy any DLC from The Sims anymore. Who knows because maybe Maxis will patch it these things in the base game down the line :D

Let's make a prediction what else they will make free (or release a similar free version of) further down the line shall we?

I predict...
    • Baking from Get to Work.
    • Clubs from Get Together.
    • Karaoke from City Living.
    • The Ice Cream maker from Kitchen Stuff.
    • The fame system from Get Famous.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't mind if the calendar would become base game. It feels like something that should have been in base game right from the start. The devs have patched in quite a few pack items into base game over the years, I am done with getting upset about it. The only exception is the hot tub patched in because that totally emptied the perfect patio pack. That stuff pack has zero gameplay left. I own the seasons EP and think it will still have plenty left to be a valuable pack like actual seasons and weather, flower arranging, a career, bees, scouts,.. I expect holidays to remain exclusive to seasons, but who knows.

Adding the calendar to base game opens new possibilities because the calendar does have other benefits besides planning holidays.
    - plan social events in advance
    - keep track of birthdays in your household
    - view other events. You can already see some get Famous events in the calendar. It would be convenient to also see festivals from city living, island living and snowy escape
    CelSims wrote: »
    They're adding werewolves and farming. The calendar is needed for the lunar cycle.

I can hope!

OMG, now you get my hopes up for a lunar calendar and werewolves. I hope we can finally get them.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,255 Member
    edited April 2021
    logion wrote: »

Let's make a prediction what else they will make free (or release a similar free version of) further down the line shall we?

I predict...

I don't think, maybe something else.

For example :
    - Freelance DJ career (Update for Showtime EP)
    - Beach lot (Technically it's already a basegame feature)
    - Lifestyles
    - Fame (Update for Showtime EP)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021

I predict...

I don't think, Maxis seems to improve and extend the features.

For example :
    - Freelance DJ career : Update for Showtime EP
    - Lifestyles
    - Fame system : Update for Showtime EP

Not sure what you're talking about.

In TS4 there's no DJ Freelance career and Showtime came with DJ's in TS3 so there was no update.
    Beaches are exclusive to Island Living
    Lifestyles are exclusive to Snowy Escape
    And again, fame system was not updated with Showtime, instead the Showbiz careers and shows provide fame.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    If the calendar is patch in to the game, they can create a world for Seasons expansion then. Honestly Seasons is one of the worst EP for TS4 in my opinion. I love events and weather, but I miss more depth in this pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

I predict...

For example :
    - Lifestyles

Yes, lifestyles are probably going to be free at some point, they probably want to add more and they don't really feel unique to the snowy escape EP. Beaches will probably be featured in other packs, I don't think they will be free, we can't create our own beaches in the game (with an actual ocean or lake) and I don't think we will ever be able to.

Fame feels likely because I'm guessing that they at some point want to make a pack (like a band pack) or something else that needs to use the fame system.
  • Options

I predict...

For example :
    - Lifestyles

Yes, lifestyles are probably going to be free at some point, they probably want to add more and they don't really feel unique to the snowy escape EP. Beaches will probably be featured in other packs, I don't think they will be free, we can't create our own beaches in the game and I don't think we will ever be able to.

The lifestyles that came with Snowy Escape should be exclusive to Snowy Escape period.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2021

I predict...

For example :
    - Lifestyles

Yes, lifestyles are probably going to be free at some point, they probably want to add more and they don't really feel unique to the snowy escape EP. Beaches will probably be featured in other packs, I don't think they will be free, we can't create our own beaches in the game and I don't think we will ever be able to.

Fame feels likely because they keep updating all new packs so you get fame and I'm guessing that they at some point want to make a pack (like a band pack) or something else that needs to use the fame system.

Stop with the dumb logic. A band pack doesn't need the fame system. You can perfectly create a band without the fame system. If you have GF then you should get fame from it though, much like what already happens when playing instruments or singing in a community venue. There's absolutely no need for them to patch the biggest feature of that EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I predict...

For example :
    - Lifestyles

Fame feels likely because they keep updating all new packs so you get fame and I'm guessing that they at some point want to make a pack (like a band pack) or something else that needs to use the fame system.

Stop with the dumb logic. A band pack doesn't need the fame system. You can perfectly create a band without the fame system. If you have GF then you should get fame from it though, much like what already happens when playing instruments or singing in a community venue. There's absolutely no need for them to patch the biggest feature of that EP.

I don't want them to do it, this was me being sarcastic because they like to reuse features over and over again in their newer packs, which I am not a fan of.

So I agree with you, if they will make a band pack then they should expand the experience if you have the get famous EP, not reuse features from it.
  • Options

I predict...

For example :
    - Lifestyles

I don't want them to do it, this was me being sarcastic because they like to reuse features over and over again in their newer packs, which I am not a fan of.

So I agree with you, if they will make a band pack then they should expand the experience if you have the get famous EP, not reuse features from it.

Haaa ok ok. Yeah exactly!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Calenders = base game update. Extra trait slot = base game update. (Plausible Speculation of Zodiac Signs... Just saying) it would tie up any & all loose ends & give reason for both. Plus it makes sense with a Gen. Pack. (Bdays, weddings, funerals,etc.) I hope we eventually get baby showers with better babies and funerals with CAS-able ghosts. I want ghosts to be the next occult.

Hope you're right, I'd love that. I don't mind the calendar coming to base game, I hope it comes with the ability to customize season length more than we can now.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Hope you're right, I'd love that. I don't mind the calendar coming to base game, I hope it comes with the ability to customize season length more than we can now.

That wouldn't even make sense when seasons is exclusive to the Seasons EP. And the calendar doesn't need to be free for that.

The only reason they'd make the calendar free with any sense of logic would be if they are planning on revamping it and adding extra functionality to it besides scheduling party events and holidays.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

That wouldn't even make sense when seasons is exclusive to the Seasons EP. And the calendar doesn't need to be free for that.

The only reason they'd make the calendar free with any sense of logic would be if they are planning on revamping it and adding extra functionality to it besides scheduling party events and holidays.

Cutomizing the season length (longer than 28!) would be an extra functionality for people having bought Seasons.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Cutomizing the season length (longer than 28!) would be an extra functionality for people having bought Seasons.

But that functionality wouldn't make sense for people who don't have the Seasons EP, because the BG does not have seasons. They can already do that without the need to patch in the feature.

It's a bit like what they did with photography. They patched the previous GTW skill to revamp it with Moschino stuff, adding a free camera mode, extra poses etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1