Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    I did good rip of a certain TV show I never watched but I'm going to be using their theme song for the next chapter
    eFiag0c.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Not bad...not bad at all. With lockdowns one day is much like the next. The trick is to be productive as you can.

this is my lockdown activity watch tv watch watch tv watch tv repeat. ocassionally i remember to come here but on weekends since i don't need to worry about work i watch all the shows i missed before covid. its my way of dealing with covid.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi people! I've been absent again, but that has been because of medical reasons. I've basically had an over a month-long migraine (I do have tendency to get migraines sometimes, but not to THIS degree), but it's finally getting better and I managed to figure out what was wrong with the help of a doctor. It was nothing serious, and I hope I'll be back to my normal soon. I'm also hoping to get back to writing soon, but it might take some time until I can look at a computer screen for long enough to actually get to photoshooting. I was really hoping to write more of Forget-Me-Not, and I have several Chrysanthemum Tango -chapters drafted and waiting for pics and editing... oh, well, hopefully soon.

How are you all?
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hi people! I've been absent again, but that has been because of medical reasons. I've basically had an over a month-long migraine (I do have tendency to get migraines sometimes, but not to THIS degree), but it's finally getting better and I managed to figure out what was wrong with the help of a doctor. It was nothing serious, and I hope I'll be back to my normal soon. I'm also hoping to get back to writing soon, but it might take some time until I can look at a computer screen for long enough to actually get to photoshooting. I was really hoping to write more of Forget-Me-Not, and I have several Chrysanthemum Tango -chapters drafted and waiting for pics and editing... oh, well, hopefully soon.

How are you all?

I'm really sorry you've been going through all that. I'm glad you'll hopefully get back to your normal self soon.

I'm coming back from a year-long break from SimLit, it's good to get back into it again and have a few readers, as well as finding new stories to read as well.

they/them or she/her
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @RipuAncestor: it's always the migraines or normal headaches and thinking you can sleep them off (or is that just me?) Looking forward to whatever's in the future either way!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    poor ayden. with my tax refund i wanted a new baby. nonot areal one. from paradise galleries . but mom doesn't like that i'm intreated in dolls at my age. so she said i could get a few switch games. heres the funny part 2 switch games cost more than 1 doll. i got the new fifa game and the upcoming story of the seasons game. going to play and write tonight. cause bunkbeds will be here tuesday.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,238 Member
    Actually managed to fnish another chapter for Evergreen Harbor Chronicles, though this ones shorter.
    1.17 The Blizzard
    image.png
  • Options
    capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    @friendsfan367 was it confirmed then; that bunkbeds are coming soon?
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
  • Options
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »

How are you all?

I'm really sorry you've been going through all that. I'm glad you'll hopefully get back to your normal self soon.

I'm coming back from a year-long break from SimLit, it's good to get back into it again and have a few readers, as well as finding new stories to read as well.
    Thank you for the well wishes!

InfraGreen wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor: it's always the migraines or normal headaches and thinking you can sleep them off (or is that just me?) Looking forward to whatever's in the future either way!
    It took me a month until I contacted the doctor because I thought just that... Maybe one day we'll learn.

My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
  • Options
    IvyEvalineIvyEvaline Posts: 17 Member
    @RipuAncestor, get well soon. yea, migraines and headaches don't go to well with screens. take a lot of rest.
    As for me, nothing much here... Trying to write the next generation's story but I'm so lazy to take and edit screenshots.
    I hope my laziness goes away soon ;p
  • Options
    JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member

Yup. There'll be an announcement March 22nd and update on the 23rd.

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    BUNK BEDS
  • Options
    edited March 2021

tuesday so yes.

Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I'm really excited for bunk beds! I hope the animations for climbing the ladder are good too and Sims don't just magically appear in the top bed
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    IvyEvaline wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor, get well soon. yea, migraines and headaches don't go to well with screens. take a lot of rest.
    As for me, nothing much here... Trying to write the next generation's story but I'm so lazy to take and edit screenshots.
    I hope my laziness goes away soon ;p
    Thanks for the well wishes!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    In case anyone cares about how I'm feeling- I'm still exhausted after my psychologist meeting this morning
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,235 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I'm really excited for bunk beds! I hope the animations for climbing the ladder are good too and Sims don't just magically appear in the top bed

My custom one I created with platforms has them climbing a ladder, so am going to guess official ones will too. :smile:

levi_city_50.jpg?w=500
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    doing a major bender update the rest of the day. after i make coffee i must be excited i have hiccups.
  • Options
    Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Hey---I'm looking for a few extras to fill out a comic, so I could use simself or character suggestions. It's a low-key opportunity for your sims to show up in the background doing something, sort of like this.

The scene is San Myshuno (i.e., totally not NYC) in the late '90s. There are no vampires or spellcasters in this universe. I'm looking for sims in the following roles:
    • Couple arguing
    • Lady giving The Look to butch lady

If this works, I'll be back periodically to scout sims! And I also have to fill out scenes in a coffee shop and subway. Right now, the only specific people I have on the train are a subway preacher, a businessman who is constantly angry at everything, a long-haired kid with JCNO jeans and a huge backpack, and the protagonist.

(Regular CT/Haunted readers, I've got you covered but you can check anyway!)
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • Options
    JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    I have a question:
    Do you prefer one page with a long chapter, or individual pages with the one chapter spread between them?

I'm writing a chapter, and it's gotten a lot longer than my usual ones. I'm wondering whether I should have it in a part 1 and a part 2 on different pages, or in one long page.

I'm thinking that one long page makes it easier to find and read in one go, but if you lose where you are, it might be hard to find where you got to.

Two pages for the chapter would make it easier to continue where you left off, as long as you remember which page you got to. However, I sometimes find finding the second page of a chapter hard (is this just me?) if it's not directly linked or something.

Hopefully I'll get some suggestions that will help :blush:.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member
    I have a question:
    Do you prefer one page with a long chapter, or individual pages with the one chapter spread between them?

Normally I prefer one chapter per entry or page. As my story is rotational a day in the life of a particular character becomes one chapter. I have, on a couple of occasions had to divide chapters into a part 1 and 2 because it was getting very long and needed to be broken up to make things more manageable. That was the case when I wrote the chapter straight on to the forums here but since migrating Sim 66 to its own site I can go away and edit more so the long chapter format isn't an issue anymore.

• Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member
    OK...new chapter time. A few episodes ago we saw Julia getting dressed up to go to a special event in town and...possibly...meet a special person and in this instalment we find out What Julia Did Next.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/

nDrPuVb.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I have a question:

I'm writing a chapter, and it's gotten a lot longer than my usual ones. I'm wondering whether I should have it in a part 1 and a part 2 on different pages, or in one long page.

I'm thinking that one long page makes it easier to find and read in one go, but if you lose where you are, it might be hard to find where you got to.

Two pages for the chapter would make it easier to continue where you left off, as long as you remember which page you got to. However, I sometimes find finding the second page of a chapter hard (is this just me?) if it's not directly linked or something.

Hopefully I'll get some suggestions that will help :blush:.

I'm reading 2 stories that make use of the page function, and I have to say that with both of them I initially completely missed when a post had a second page. So you may want to consider that some of your readers may not notice page 2 if they're inobservant like me :D

Personally if you think the update is too long, I would just split it into two separate blog entries published separately as part one and part 2 - you could still post them on the same day regardless.

Long chapters are not necessarily an issue though, if the length is warranted! I think it depends more on how much new information you're presenting to the reader - if it's a lot of previously unknown information that's not necessarily related, it may be a bit of a sensory overload. If it's more of a natural flow where it makes sense to keep all the events in a single chapter with no natural breaking point, I'd just keep them together :) But that's just my two cents!
  • Options
    @JamesSims528 I normally have a long chapter. The only exception is when I get to my Rashmon chapter so I have other pages on Blogspot for it. (and the riddle chapter)
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top