Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How far ahead do you plan your Sims Life?

I’m a control freak so I plan for my married Sims to have 3 sets of couple friends. My Sims and their friends have kids at same time and the kids all friends. When the kids become teenagers I pair off the 6 teens into couples and then they marry their high school sweetheart and I start again with the last sim born in my main household.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited March 2021
    From one play session to the next. :p I usually have an idea of what I want to do when I load the game but I rarely have any long term plans.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Depends on what the backstory is for that sim, if there is one. There are some sims I create solely for testing out new packs, and others that have fleshed out stories in my head. I don't usually plan as far as them having kids, though.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    One season ahead. Occasionally I have a longer-term idea but not often. I like being able to take into account things that happened that I wasn't expecting.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Usually it depends on the sim at the time. I rarely have specific plans for them unless it's necessary for story purposes. But even then, sometimes the story changes if something unexpected happens and is interesting enough to me.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    I plan a lot ahead, but usually what I plan never happens :) It is often plan B, C or D.. or I just forget whole planning thing :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I just have general behavior guidelines for my sims and I try to keep them within those parameters. If they go in a direction I do not expect, I just roll with it and it's either something I like or I abandon the sim
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    It depends, but when I really get going I can change a lot. From the perfect town lots, to the perfect vacation, to the perfect wedding, to relatives and histories for all the Sims I even remotely care about, etc.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I don't usually plan much. When I start a new game I have an idea what to do, but I don't plan too much ahead, I just play and see what happens.
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    I always design my sims around what I want their personality to be and it always goes somewhere completely different
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    It depends on the sim and what inspired me to make them. It can range from letting them guide me or me “strongly suggesting” courses of action.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I have a spreadsheet for all the Sims I play. I plan from A to Z which even includes names of their unborn children & death. 😀 However, I’m always open for random incidents. 2 of my Sims died from a fire & frozen to death.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    As far as the Sims likes or dislikes it depends on how they grow up.
    If my pregnant Sim had 5 or more bad moods the toddler will be fussy.
    If my Sims baby is fussier than average the toddler will be clingy.
    If the pregnancy goes normally and the baby is the average amount of fussy the toddler will have a trait that goes with what my Sim was doing/learning during the pregnancy.
    If my pregnant Sim had 0 bad moods the toddler will be Charmer.
    If the baby never fusses the toddler will be Angelic.

I use similar guidelines for traits as they grow up.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Nowadays, before i start a new generation. But i always go with the flow with unexpected events. It makes the game funnier :)

Before i start a new generation i know what i want my main sim career to be. Also the aspiration he/she will have and if i want to fulfill it or not... usually i know how many kids i want him/her to have but not if they'll get married... i also know which skills i want them to pursue... mainly i have a theme prepared for that sim and his/her generation...
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I kind of have an idea of what I would like to do with sims before they're born, but I let the game dictate what actually happens. I randomize toddler traits and see what happens from there. If a sim doesn't fit my plan, I change it and go with the flow.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not really at all, but I usually have "aims" that I want my sims to work towards (like completing their aspirations, getting in a relationship, earning enough money to buy ----, etc)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I don't tend to plan day to day stuff, but I have a lot of big picture stuff planned when I create my sims, like if I plan to make their marriage work or not, about how many kids and pets I want, careers, etc
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I have plans for big milestones, but ha most times those go out the window do to curve balls 🤣

Also sometimes things seem right, like a hobby or a relationship but then nope!

I don’t mind these changing moments though most of the time!
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited March 2021
    Well, I’m trying not to overplan, considering that that’s what ruined my first save, but I just spent about an hour planning a potential storyline involving Sims who won’t exist for another 6-14 in-game years, so... ^^;
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I rarely plan my sims lives. Usually I just play them and go with the flow of what happens or feels right at the time.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I usually have a vague plan for each sim, but I'm open to changes. Depends on the sim too, some have less plans than others.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Plans? Heh. As any experienced gamemaster can attest "No plan survives first contact with the player."

I have ideas of what I want to do, what storyline I want to develop with each generation. If they work out, I move forward. If they don't, I rethink and adjust.

After 35+ years of dealing with players in TTRPG's, it's almost second nature.
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I’m a control freak so I plan for my married Sims to have 3 sets of couple friends. My Sims and their friends have kids at same time and the kids all friends. When the kids become teenagers I pair off the 6 teens into couples and then they marry their high school sweetheart and I start again with the last sim born in my main household.

Not at all. I never have anything prepared except the challenge that I'm going to do. Everything from style of house to spouses is picked on a whim.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Well, every family I create, be it my own, or from a game/movie/book/tv-series, I mostly have their story planned out for them, with some minor changes depending on what might happen to them during the game (lets say, my good behavior Sim managed to strike up conversation and friendship with a Vampire before I could stop him).

Anyone who's born in-game though, that's decided after they've gotten their traits, which, in lack of better ideas, are decided by what time it is (hours, minutes, seconds) the moment they're born or when they age up. In some rare cases, the children are trained by their parents to follow in their footsteps.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Plan?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Usually about one second, lol. I mean, if a couple is engaged or something, I might be thinking ahead a little to the wedding, or if the character has something they specifically want to accomplish, I might be thinking ahead as them to determine how to accomplish it, but it's very rare for me to overlay my own plans on the game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: