Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should The Sims Team Revamp Base Game Hairs?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I think the hair colours themselves should get an update first. Now they've given sliders for skin tones they have to at least give us sliders or a colourwheel for hair colours. The more hair styles they update the less likely it seems they will actually update hair colours.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Maybe
    It's okay, as long as they don't change them to look too much like alpha. A little bit of fix is okay, but I like "clay hair".
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Maybe
    It would be nice if they could add sliders for the colors, but I'm not sure how much effort that should go into the actual hairstyles, it sounds like a lot of work.

Some base game hairstyles are really not looking great so they would have to remake them completely.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    No
    I do not want the appearance of my existing sims to change. So I don't want changes made to the existing hair.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Maybe
    Most of the hairs I use on my sims are from packs because they look better. I wouldn't mind if they worked their magic on the basegame hairs as long as they are recognizable and not changed too much. Some more color options would be great too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Maybe
    I would prefer better swatches over anything. I would like a neutral blonde (not mustard yellow or greenish yellow), a neutral/ashy brown (that doesn't have red tones in it), and actual black hair that doesn't have overly blue highlights. More swatches with all of the sliders for the makeup would do wonders, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Yes
    If they were good at balancing fixing issues with the game (Bugs and glitches, etc) I would say I hope they hop to it really soon, However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Thus, unless they can find a good balance, I would want them revamped, BUT I know how things are, and it's not something that should have top priority.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    Here's another one they did
    P1Y1WCfR_t.png
    P7GCrqUx_t.jpg
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Yes
    Revamp the hairs and give us different shades of colors too, also revamp the actual colors because the cheese color is awful.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! I don't think it's what should be top priority right now but definitely!! Love improvements
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes
    Let me be CLEAR

I don't want them to spend a lot of time working on this. I think one or two hair updates each monthly patch will work. If they have time.
  • Options
    Yes
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Let me be CLEAR

I don't want them to spend a lot of time working on this. I think one or two hair updates each monthly patch will work. If they have time.

That's what I was thinking too. That way they can do it if they have the extra time. So maybe eventually they'll all be updated by the end of the sims 4 life cycle.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Yes
    A lot of the hair styles just look plain weird to me honestly. They all came out 4+ years ago and style has changed a lot since then. Maybe just smoothing them out or changing some just slightly doesn't seem like too much work. could probably even fit in the patches
  • Options
    SimmerBecca4481SimmerBecca4481 Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes
    Please, the colors are awful and I though the texture was weird
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Maybe
    If they add a way to make hair dyes a separate feature too.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No
    Nice idea, but there are other things of more importance, like bug squishing and fixing the many issues we've been unhappy with for years. There are a lot of great CC hair styles out there for those wanting more/better than what EA offers.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Yes
    Much of the basegame and older packs need a good texture update/rehaul and I would be glad to see it happen. I suppose they might get to it if they have the time but I don't think it's a priority at this point.
  • Options
    Yes
    I hope they give us a few more updated hairstyles the next patch. :)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    No
    They seem to not be able to do multiple things at once so I'd take a revamp of the gameplay over hair any day.

This.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yes
    I feel like a lot of base game ones need to be revamped. Not overly drastic changes, as some meshes for some of them are pretty bad along with some of the textures along with that duplicate long hair that only has a few minor changes.
    5vJrxmT.png