Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kit Packs Are Stuff Packs

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

I’ll spend my money on them. And again…… Do you know why? …………. Because these are things I’ve been wanting!

@Chicklet453681 We are just discussing and exchanging arguements. There is no need to take things pesonally especially when I never got personal towards you. Did I say anything about it being wrong to buy the kits if you want them? I made a different arguement as a mean of disussion and not attack.
    Just me disagreeing with something you said doesn't mean I am personally attacking your decisions or you.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @SimmerGeorge I wasn't taking them personally, I was explaining how I feel about the kits and what they might bring to my own personal game. What got my goat is that you were trying to say I said they would bring more "gameplay" and I did not state that so you were twisting what I said to fit your own discontent with the packs. It's not personal at all, but don't misquote what people say.

Gameplay is not everything there is for any of the sims games, should it be the main focus? Absolutely, otherwise it's not really a "game". But, I'm a CC creator, a builder, an interior decorator, and a Barbie doll dresser-upper, besides being a story teller, so for me personally, there are things that I want in my game, that are not just "functional" and provide actual gameplay attributes but also aesthetically appealing to look at while I play, build, or decorate.

So, I'm perfectly ok with the kits and will buy the ones I think I'll get the most enjoyment out of, regardless of if there's any "gameplay" aspect to them.
  • Options

So, I'm perfectly ok with the kits and will buy the ones I think I'll get the most enjoyment out of, regardless of if there's any "gameplay" aspect to them.

@Chicklet453681 It doesn't have to be gameplay to be worth buying to me. Even if it's just clothes or clutter just add something we haven't seen yet and argueably we have seen the fitness stuff and the kitchen stuff before.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Here is some things I'd like to see in Kits.

Heart Kit
    HeartHottubs,Bathtubs,Beds,Sinks,Fireplaces and Candles

Pool Kit
    Pool Slides,Pool Waterfalls and Poo Bars

Sleepwear Kits

World Kits

Themepark and Waterpark Kits
    All we're missing is diving boards (Don't say diving platforms, cause The Sims 4 is the only game that has no diving boards)

Well yes proper diving boards.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Some people say they don't mind the price and think it's okay, but wouldn't you rather it was cheaper?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    @Loanet At least now you know you're not alone. The Kit Reveal Youtube video now has more dislikes than likes.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited March 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    Some people say they don't mind the price and think it's okay, but wouldn't you rather it was cheaper?

Of course I would want them to be cheaper, but they're not. And me not buying the ones I am interested in isn't going to make them suddenly be $3 a kit. I always want every single thing I purchase to be cheaper. I am not an impulse buyer and I research and comparison shop or I wait for sales for most things I purchase unless it's a necessity, and a video/pack is not a necessity. It's a luxury that I splurge on for my own entertainment when it's something I'm interested in. I haven't bought any of the kits yet because they're not really something that I "must have".
    • I don't care for the clothing, it's not my style.
    • The kitchen looks nice, but I was a little turned off by the "worn" rustic look. I need to see if there are non-worn swatches before I purchase it.
    • I do like realistic and mundane activities for my sims to do, so the vacuum kit adds to that, but I'm willing to wait and see what other packs they come out with before I purchase it, because again ... that's not a "must have" purchase to me.

But, the concept of the kits are perfectly fine by me and I'm sure by the end of TS4 I'll have purchased quite a few.

This is no different to me than buying digital books for my kindle, I'll spend sometimes $5-$7 for a book that I'll read over a couple day span and never read it again because I always remember what happened in the story.

I guess the books should have been free since they are digital and all they did was copy/paste the file by transferring it to my kindle.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »

Of course I would want them to be cheaper, but they're not. And me not buying the ones I am interested in isn't going to make them suddenly be $3 a kit.

@Chicklet453681 They only listen to money so if they see low sales they are bound to change something.
  • Options
    @Loanet At least now you know you're not alone. The Kit Reveal Youtube video now has more dislikes than likes.

Really?
  • Options
    The country kitchen Kit is my favorite. I like the swatches and stuff plus it comes with a new room and new flooring and wallpaper.
  • Options

I checked the video, and you're right. It seems a lot of customers feel like their intelligence has been insulted.

Just because I LIKE the pieces, doesn't mean I can't tell it's a cash grab. The kitchen pieces happen to be ideal for any farm/country building - so really, it's not a niche kit at all. The clothes could go in any 'excercise' pack. The only truly niche idea is the vacuum cleaners with their Dust Bunnies and I'd still prefer they came in a real Stuff Pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2021
    "Kits are Stuff Packs" confirmed

SP20 Throwback Fit Kit
    SP21 Country Kitchen Kit
    SP22 Bust The Dust Kit

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2021

People's comments on twitter were not very positive either, even some gamechangers are not positive to these kits, at least not when it comes to their pricing. James Turner did not like it for example but that was probably expected because he lives in Australia, he had to pay $23 for all three. But he did like what was in them though.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Somebody checked the internal system for "Kits" and they're classified as Stuff Pack internally, i don't really know why they didn't bother to make a new classification for kits with the time they had, but the developer classified it as Stuff Pack rather than a new internal name like "kit" or minipack (MP). They could've marketed the new DLCs as Mini Packs, instead the kits have their own menu rather than be in the cohesive Packs ecosystem.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2021

A lot of people complained about Mass Effect Andromeda , the game development was stopped 6 months after the release date.

7 years later everybody complained about The Sims 4 but the game is still increasing the revenue.
    At this point reviews and dislikes are irrelevant, the most of players are out of the community.

Only 3 years before the end ? Now it's only a matter of time.
  • Options
    Nobody's said The Sims is going to end in three years. Or more accurately, people have said the Sims will end in three years for the last six years.

And if you refrain from trying because you think your opinion won't matter, well, your lack of trying will certainly make no difference at all. Kit Packs are simply so closely related to Stuff Packs that they couldn't be bothered to make another letter.
  • Options

A lot of people complained about Mass Effect Andromeda , the game development was stopped 6 months after the release date.

7 years later everybody complained about The Sims 4 but the game is still increasing the revenue.
    At this point reviews and dislikes are irrelevant, the most of players are out of the community.

@LeGardePourpre Well, that's monopoly for you.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    OP, you strongly expressed these were a rip off but did you say you went ahead and purchased them all? I don't understand why you would make a thread about what a big rip off this is, then turn around and buy them all.

If you want Maxis to get the point, you close your wallet. This seems to be par for the course for TS4 and it's players. They complain about things but buy anyway. No wonder it's ok to sell less stuff for more money in the long run.

If you don't want kits you don't buy. Simple. I don't know if these are rip offs or not, but what I do see is more money for less. No use in complaining when you throw money at it and even get all three at one time "if" someone really thinks they are being ripped off.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yup, I went ahead and purchased them all because they all had things I wanted in them. Also, how else am I supposed to know if they're a rip-off? I know it's hard to believe but I do know the value of money, even if I can afford to buy them.

You can't review something without owning it and unlike some people I don't get free kits from Maxis because I don't always say good things about packs.
  • Options
    "Kits are Stuff Packs" confirmed

SP20 Throwback Fit Kit
    SP21 Country Kitchen Kit
    SP22 Bust The Dust Kit

Ninja said there will still be Stuffpacks.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Yeah! Stuff packs are stuff packs that includes additional gameplay features, and kit packs are sets of every features. So I suggest that we need stuff pack 19
  • Options
    Apparently we will be getting at least one more Stuff Pack (check the release timetable). I expect that they were already making that, though, and there's no guarantee there will be more afterwards.

I'm not the sort of person to say "Oh, Bust The Dust should have come with Laundry Day." That's called Retrospect. Laundry Day is three years old! But the CAS and Furniture could so easily be in real Stuff Packs, or part of Game and Expansion packs. Exercise clothes and farm-style furniture doesn't need special tiny packs for itself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I think that kits are going to be more niched items that wouldn't fit into an actual pack

@Chicklet453681 Hmm, now let's think about this for a second. If Kits are meant to bring more niche gameplay, then how come all three kits have similar gameplay to what we already have.

For the fitness one I have to say. We already have tons of sportwear in the base game, we got some with Fitness stuff, we got TONS more with University and even Snowy escape had extreme sport, ski, fitness outfits.

The kitchen could have been part of the kitchen stuff pack or maybe Cats and Dogs that had that country vibe or maybe with any other EP.

And finally the dust stuff could have been in either Laundry day or Eco Lifestyle. Also,why put only vacuums but not brooms and cleaning clutter too?

If you are a niche player, are these things you might wish for when we already have these in the game? There are niche players out there who want stuff like body hair, dragons, fairies. How does putting stuff we already have in a kit satisfy niche audiences? If this is an attempt to create more niche gameplay I have to say they failed.

Ok first of all I never stated that I thought the kits were to bring more “niche gameplay”. What I said, was that I felt like these were going to be more “niched items”. A lot of people like clutter and stuff that doesn’t necessarily have game play attributes, that’s what I mean.

It’s obvious you do not like the concept of them, but some people do. I personally am holding off judging them until I see what other kits they make.

If these kits bring some things to the game that haven’t made it into a pack and it’s something that I’ve been wanting … I'm buying them, you know why? Because it's something I've been wanting. Not everybody is going to feel the same way and that's ok, they don't have to buy it.

I personally could not give a flying flippin’ leap about any current or future occults, but I have bought all of the existing occult packs and will probably buy any new ones that come out just for the BB/CAS items and never play with the actual occult gameplay of that pack. Many other simmers do that as well, so these kits might cater to us, allowing us to get “stuff” without having to purchase a full pack with gameplay we won’t use.

But we don't know what the other kits will include, we don’t know the themes, we don't know how often they will release them, and we don't know if it will always be split up into 3 different kits each time they are released …. with a tiny kit that has a gameplay feature, a BB kit, and a CAS kit.

I personally don’t need a new world, more hairs, clothing, and furniture in every single DLC that is released so if these kits add things that I've been wanting like:

Activities for kids
    Activities for elders
    Pool Tables
    Pool stuff (an actual diving board, pool slide)
    Kids bikes
    Instruments

I’ll spend my money on them. And again…… Do you know why? …………. Because these are things I’ve been wanting!

You know, this is actually a very good point. And now it's got me wondering... if Kits had existed before now (like back in 2017 when Vampires was released) and there was a gothic themed kit released maybe about a week or so before Vampires, with not necessarily the same items, but similar maybe the number of people who bought the pack just for the CAS and BB items would have gravitated towards the kit instead? To get a similar feel for the clothing/build items without having to buy an entire pack with gameplay they'll never use. Which maybe maybe could have saved vampires from being nerfed?

I'm on the other side of things. I'm a huge occult fan and will probably always buy occult packs, but Parenthood isn't something I was interested in gameplay wise. I still bought it, for the CAS and some of the build items + being able to cheat the values TRAITS onto Sims. But the gameplay is not something I'm interested in since I'm not a family player.

Now if there had been a CAS Kit with a similar Grunge-ish feel to the clothes, I would have (probably) saved my money and bought the kit instead, just letting go of the extra traits.

While I can't say for sure, I'm betting it would have been a similar case for you with Vampires and Realm of Magic.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    As for the pricing, I wish they were cheaper too. But for me, I don't think this grouping was worth the money more because the themes didn't really interest me that much as opposed to the actual content's value.

I'll probably only get the Kits if they (on the off chance) go on sale, I win them from a giveaway, or I have everything else and they're all that I'm missing.

If it's a theme I'm interested in however, I have no issues paying $5. I spend more than that on a single coffee at Starbucks (because I get specialty drinks with a few customizations) so why wouldn't I spend that on a Kit I like the theme of.