Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    That’s such a lovely thing to say, thank you @QueenV815 :) I wanted it to be an ice cream/milkshake kid friendly venue for my game so it will def stay in my active WIP section!

And thank you for the vote of confidence @AlJay :) its the tall skinny part I’m challenged by lol, you’ve properly put me out of my comfort zone and made me get my thinking cap on, love it!
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlJay thank you for the kind feedback - this new build looks exciting and very different from what we've done so far.
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @Becka28 I do try and find houses that don't look the same all the time :)
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Challenge: BB16 March
    Origin ID: NacreousSky
    Gallery Link: Industrial Estate
    Link to Slideshow: Here

Notes: I wanted to create something rustic, eco friendly, with a touch of modern contemporary. I made the exterior look like repurposed shipping containers and created slightly overgrown landscaping. I changed a couple of walls within the actual shell and changed the layout for windows, hope that's alright!

(I couldn't get good pictures of the exterior :'( anyone have any tips??)

Thank you for the awesome challenge again, this one was so fun to create!

Pictures:
    Q19netH.png
    OBUsZcM.png
    ZV8lAC5.png
    rxMFUMd.png
    I5jmojq.png
    j5Q1zUr.png
  • Options
    Wow, stunning! @JosieAnglin and so fast!
    I find I get the best pictures in live mode. Hit the tab button and you can move more freely with the mouse, E and Q will move your camera up and down. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    AlJay wrote: »
    Wow, stunning! @JosieAnglin and so fast!
    I find I get the best pictures in live mode. Hit the tab button and you can move more freely with the mouse, E and Q will move your camera up and down. I hope that helps.

I spent 6 hours straight on it today LOL all good though, I'm happy with it
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Industrial Estate is a lovely home! @JosieAnglin :) The shipping containers exterior design looks great! Very nice planter box windows and great solar panels.The roof top bar and outdoors dining patio is very nice! The furnishing of each level of the interior is very nice! The gym garage is great! Very nice wood textured furnishings. The island sink and stools counter in the kitchen is great! The items on the walls through the build areas look very nice. The design of the wall area where the hand is on the table looks great!
  • Options
    writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    I love the creativity here in this forum...seriously! I love what people can do with a shell of a build. Everyone's is so different.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Challenge Number: BB17
    Origin ID: Aliana101
    Gallery Name of Build: Modern Family Townhouse
    Gallery Link: Here
    Link to slideshow: Slideshow
    Additional Notes:
    OK, so far out of my comfort zone with this one I could have been on a trip with Bear Gryllis haha Such good fun @Aljay thank you so much! The build itself actually didn’t go so badly but I really struggled with the outdoors/landscaping so literally spent about 3 hours just moving it around worlds and lots until I found somewhere it would make sense in head! Trying to keep the interior fairly minimalist was a challenge for me too, think I kinda managed it though :)
    I mostly managed the floor plan. I did add a couple of bump outs to the build but I didn’t add them in to the inner floor plan so hope that’s ok. I moved the front door to the side, struggled with the kitchen island so that was rearranged a little, and then my silly test sim got pregnant so I converted the master closet to a toddler room. I made the attic space into a wellness room (originally wanted the open roof deck for yoga but the mat wouldn’t stay on the platform so it had to swap with the meditation stool). I didn’t go for the double up challenge, but I did place a duplicate of the house on the next door lot so it looked a bit more like a street!
    Space for Pictures: (No more than 2 please)
    zEyXEn5.png
    yAD9COr.png
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
  • Options
    @JosieAnglin Ah containers! I didn’t think of that, such a cool idea and it looks fab :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Modern Family Townhouse is a lovely modern family townhouse! @AliSim19 :) Very stylish exterior design, very nice white, brown and black colors, and the raised garden beds are lovely! Very nice outdoors dining, bbq and pool patio. The interior furnishing of each level is very nice! The wood texture of the furniture and the wood flooring is warm and homely. The coat rack, umbrella stand and shoes rack are homely touches near the front door. The gym room is great! Sims will like using the equipment to keep fit. The design of the living, dining and kitchen area is very nice! The alternating coloured dining chairs look very nice and the sunflowers are pretty! Lovely L shaped sofa seating for sims to enjoy relaxing and reading or watching tv together. The floor rug is a nice touch. The colours and furnishing of the bedrooms are lovely! The soft toys are cute! The inside massage room and outdoors patio meditation patio are nice and restful :)
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AliSim19 I love doing modern builds and I think your build is gorgeous! I always hate doing landscaping no matter what sort of build I do and I think yours really suits the build and complements it.

@JosieAnglin love the industrial container look. so creative.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @rosemow thank you so much for the lovely supportive & detailed comments both here and on the gallery! So kind <3:)

@Becka28 thank you so much too <3:) I find modern a real challenge so generally give up on it, I’m so pleased you think it worked!
  • Options
    That turned out so well @AliSim19 I'm glad you were able to go out of your comfort zone :)
  • Options
    Thank you @AlJay :) It was a really fun puzzle!
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited March 2021
    lKhHnMI.png
    L7VxUne.png
    @AlJay what is this doorway on the second third floor(bedroom level) landing for?
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • Options
    I believe it is for the washer and dryer, but I love the aquarium!!
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    ok thanks! I put them in the garage
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have been working hard on my version today after seeing the ones by @JosieAnglin and @AliSim19 as they are so amazing I am trying to keep up with their quality of entries! :) I have a WIP screenshot in the WIP thread if you want to see it so far.

@AliSim19 im dreading doing the garden Lol that and roof are my worst nightmares sometimes Lol.
  • Options
    Thank you @luckyheather , so kind of you 😊 just been and had a peek at your WIP, looking stunning! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the garden! 😊
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited March 2021
    I just finished my house and started testing and the base game (white cement) pavement slabs I used from debug cant be walked on and I used loads of them. The creamy one does but it makes the path dull now :'( going to look through debug see if there are any others. Just saying here as a warning :)
    Screenshot
    wBgUEcY.png
  • Options
    wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2021
    Challenge Number: BB17
    Origin ID: wanderinglizzy
    Gallery Name of Build: Modern Townhouse Squad
    Gallery Link: Here
    Link to slideshow: Here
    Additional Notes:

This modern townhouse is home to three young adults who are university students or just started working. They're all from well-off families who are paying for their rent so they can live in this beautiful house, without having to worry about money. That means they do spend kind of frivolously. There's Jackson, who's a jock and just doesn't want to get a job (I'd give him a bike if I could, Lucinda who's studying to be a lawyer, and Xander who wants to be a music producer. What adventures will they get up to? Find them on my gallery here.

The modern style of the house made me want to put three young adult roommates in here. I intended for them to be uni students, as the style reminded me of those private student halls, but I don't have Discover University lol. They're all rich kids and I loved personalising their rooms. I changed the function of the rooms a bit – the master closet is now a bathroom and the master bathroom is a music studio for Xander. I also loved cluttering up the store room on the top floor. The build is playtested, but the sofa is kind of glitchy, feel free to delete the pillows on it if it's affecting gameplay. The house is attached to the shell of an identical (but empty) townhouse.

iWEGfSF.png

2DREpOA.png

mvYHsnL.png
    Floor plan:

ly1upkK.png7LtaEo2.png

ftjDwHK.pngNNnLKN7.png

Kitchen with bar:
    yAGQg1u.pnglLzA9Ch.png

Ground floor bedroom (Jackson's room):
    Mm2Felc.pngdMHsPN7.png

Upstairs bedroom (Lucinda's):
    vb2peg1.pngcLX2FB8.png

Main bedroom (Xander's):
    fWpuRhE.pnganhuzAb.png

Music studio:
    RdyJraJ.pngJtNCKqc.png

Store room and outdoor mech deck:
    Gh5WU3t.png5aQj2Wf.png

Rooftop:
    A6djEvz.png

• Options
    @luckyheather I am sorry about the pavement slabs, that is very frustrating. I found that one out the hard way as well :(
  • Options
    @wanderinglizzy your house looks so nice! Great job on making the mirrored attached townhouse as well!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top