Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    love your design @Clousinators !!!
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Thank you @rosemow @Becka28 @AlJay and @nali272 ! When I realized the theme wasn't looking the way I wanted thats when I decided to incorporate the wine wall from my real place of work, I wanted to do it all over lol
  • LilweenjLilweenj Posts: 34 Member
    The wall of bottles is such a good idea, I'll steal this one for one of my future build ;)
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    Challenge: BB16 February
    Origin ID: QueenV815
    Gallery Link: Sakura Tea House
    Link to More Pictures: See in my builds thread!
    Notes: I found this one SUPER challenging because I've never built a community lot and I had a TON of ideas I tried to cram in there. I stayed pretty true to the shell which I am VERY thankful for. I think I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I included a Zen garden to walk through while waiting for a table or after dinner, a hip outdoor lounge area with a bar and outdoor kitchen. I included a coat closet at the entrance along with a seating area. Towards the front of the main dining room I added the "Bamboo Room" which is a private room for parties with a nice view of the Zen Garden. In the main dining room are tables and booths for different size parties. The private rooms on the platform area have Kotatsu Tables to have Hot Pot at. In the center of the platform area I added a waterfall and plant display with the restaurants Logo and behind that is a full serving station with extra supplies, a wine fridge, a sink, etc. In the indoor bar area, there are two bars and additional high-top seating as well as a tea tasting area. You can also see the stairs to the basement and service window to the kitchen in this area. Bathrooms are pretty standard, but I added some amenities in the women's bathroom like cottonswabs and lotion at the wall of mirrors so ladies can freshen up. Kitchen area is relatively standard with a few workstations, sinks, supplies, a big walk in fridge/freezer, simple employee bathroom, and a supply closet. I also added a locker area by the employee entrance for employees to leave their stuff. The basement just has a wine cellar, some storage, and a simple office for the boss. Hope you all like it and I would LOVE feedback (feel free to leave it on my build thread instead of here to not clog up this lovely thread). :smile:
    Pictures:
    zLhw5j5.png
    L7TRcVj.png
    RKEo1rR.png
    jiRtTxL.png
    vwLA0ll.png
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Your restaurant looks so nice @QueenV815 :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Sakura Tea House is a very beautiful Japanese themed restaurant @QueenV815 ! :) It is so very detailed! Each area is very lovely! You have designed and furnished each area so very well! Very special outdoors and indoors areas! The zen garden is very beautiful! It looks so peaceful and restful! Very lovely pathway, lilies water area, rocks garden and pretty blossoms and red maple tree! The outdoors lounge with bar area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables, on the stools or on the sofas having drinks from the bar. The drinks shelves look great on the wall. The cherry blossoms wallart there and through the restaurant areas is pretty! The patio lamp heaters are nice to keep the area warm. Very lovely design and furnishing of the main restaurant areas!
    I have posted more on your showcase thread.
    @AlJay and @rosemow thank you so much for the praise! <3
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    Great design idea @QueenV815 !
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    nali272 wrote: »
    Great design idea @QueenV815 !

Thank you! :smile:
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I wanted to something different.

So, I am eye balling it. In not downloading @AlJay's lot from the gallery- I am finding a lot of glitches in Build mode..

Anyone else ?

Diane Pinkus :#
    That's too bad. I never noticed anything @Pinkusfamily
    Me either @Pinkusfamily ,,, hope it gets better.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Challenge: February BLUEPRINT BUILDS
    Origin ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    Gallery Link: Black Velvet Restaurant
    Link to Slideshow: Album
    Notes: This was Fun. Although in the beginning (since I Just went according to the blueprint, & did Not down Load the shell ) I ran in to some Glitches, I feel this came out the way I wanted it to. I looked at everyone's wonderful creations . And wanted to do something different. When I finished and went in to game to Sim test, I did not realize that it was winter. I feel The Snow adds to the ambiance of my creation.. Enjoy The Black Velvet Restaurant..

152716884_2948242525395819_3645300119496135075_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=zQR-aj9mhhsAX973k8A&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7d6a3ee19cea1b16b0d4e86d65b8a123&oe=605AF453
    152539114_2948243022062436_5396015148228565219_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=urrixcYQbaUAX_UAyi4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7f1c581e9b201e3d3a1e31438c620c41&oe=605B2E7F153118997_2948245078728897_68794130523212979_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=cGeTvGuQ_WEAX9TLnt5&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d440569d295bfc190f3ca2fb1fe3f595&oe=605897D3152905692_2948263888727016_374417143933610138_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=R7xNogWyqH0AX_FUt3s&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7d7f2b50bacfdfa311c47d3fe222948c&oe=6058C431

@pinkusfamily great restaurant, love that take!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Black Velvet Restaurant is a very nice restaurant for Forgotten Hollows! @Pinkusfamily :) Very nice exterior design, black/grey brick colored walls and the arch windows look great! The snowy weather gives a great look and feel to the build! Very nice interior furnishings and the black, white, purple and red colours look great! Very nice red and purple lighting that gives a great feel to the areas. The bar counter area design is very nice! The drinks shelves look great on the wall and drinks bottle and kegs are a nice touch on the counters. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having drinks from the bar. Very lovely dining area with the black and white dining chairs, white dining tables and pretty white ceiling lights. The cobwebs are a great touch on the walls!
    Thus turned out so nicely @Pinkusfamily !
    @QueenV815 , @rosemow , @AlJay - Thank you guys so much for your kind words !

Diane Pinkus o:)

I absolutely loved everyone's restaurants this month! I wish that I could have visited each and everyone in real life! Thank you all for participating! This was so much fun I might try finding a blueprint for a community lot again sometime :)

@Becka28 Decadent Deco Restaurant is stunning! The colors and wall decorations that you have chosen for the exterior look very nice and your garden with the fountain is a very nice touch. You have given the interior of the restaurant a very luxurious and glamourous feel. It reminds me of a restaurant that you would find in a high-end hotel. I love how you have taken the platformed area and made it into private lounging places for sims and your experimental menu looks delicious! Very nicely done!

@JosieAnglin A Trip To Paris is beautiful and definitely has a romantic look to it! I love the brick exterior with the patio on the side. Adding the curtains and the fancy spandrels really make the patio special. The art, statues, pillars, and plants give the interior of this restaurant give you the feeling that you really are in Paris. You have done a fantastic job on this restaurant! Well done!

@nali272 Restaurant Enchantment looks very classy! I love the garden area that you have created and what a great idea to add the wedding arch! I never thought of having Sims get married in a restaurant, but it’s perfect. The dark colors on the interior suit the style very nicely. I also love all of the light artwork that you have used. The hearts are my favorite, well done! Your VIP themed rooms are a great idea as well. You have made a very nice restaurant! Very well done!

@Clousinators Buon Appetito looks great! I love the look of the exterior with the different textures and colors. Your landscaping is very nice, I especially like the pond, and I think it’s great that you even added a parking lot. The interior of the restaurant looks fantastic as well. I love all the little details that you have added, the wine wall is my favorite but I also love the roses on the statue 😊 It is nice that you even thought to make a comfortable space for the employees. Great Job on this one!

@QueenV815 Sakura Tea house is just lovely! What a great idea to make a Japanese themed restaurant! The exterior of this restaurant suits the style well and you have done a great job of the Zen garden. I love the dark grey and blacks that you used on the interior and you have incorporated the Japanese look so well with the details. The hot pot rooms are perfect for the platform area and it was a great idea to actually close off the space to make the bamboo room. Beautifully done!

@Pinkusfamily Black Velvet Restaurant is beautiful! I love the way you have given the exterior a castle kind of feel, using the stone and alternating half wall heights. The landscaping is very well done and I love the cover you have used over the entrance. The interior of the restaurant is very well done. You have added many nice details, I like that you even added the spider webs. Using the colored lighting adds to the whole experience! Nicely done!

AlJay wrote: »
    I absolutely loved everyone's restaurants this month! I wish that I could have visited each and everyone in real life! Thank you all for participating! This was so much fun I might try finding a blueprint for a community lot again sometime :)

@Becka28 Decadent Deco Restaurant is stunning! The colors and wall decorations that you have chosen for the exterior look very nice and your garden with the fountain is a very nice touch. You have given the interior of the restaurant a very luxurious and glamourous feel. It reminds me of a restaurant that you would find in a high-end hotel. I love how you have taken the platformed area and made it into private lounging places for sims and your experimental menu looks delicious! Very nicely done!

@JosieAnglin A Trip To Paris is beautiful and definitely has a romantic look to it! I love the brick exterior with the patio on the side. Adding the curtains and the fancy spandrels really make the patio special. The art, statues, pillars, and plants give the interior of this restaurant give you the feeling that you really are in Paris. You have done a fantastic job on this restaurant! Well done!

@nali272 Restaurant Enchantment looks very classy! I love the garden area that you have created and what a great idea to add the wedding arch! I never thought of having Sims get married in a restaurant, but it’s perfect. The dark colors on the interior suit the style very nicely. I also love all of the light artwork that you have used. The hearts are my favorite, well done! Your VIP themed rooms are a great idea as well. You have made a very nice restaurant! Very well done!

@Clousinators Buon Appetito looks great! I love the look of the exterior with the different textures and colors. Your landscaping is very nice, I especially like the pond, and I think it’s great that you even added a parking lot. The interior of the restaurant looks fantastic as well. I love all the little details that you have added, the wine wall is my favorite but I also love the roses on the statue 😊 It is nice that you even thought to make a comfortable space for the employees. Great Job on this one!

@QueenV815 Sakura Tea house is just lovely! What a great idea to make a Japanese themed restaurant! The exterior of this restaurant suits the style well and you have done a great job of the Zen garden. I love the dark grey and blacks that you used on the interior and you have incorporated the Japanese look so well with the details. The hot pot rooms are perfect for the platform area and it was a great idea to actually close off the space to make the bamboo room. Beautifully done!

@Pinkusfamily Black Velvet Restaurant is beautiful! I love the way you have given the exterior a castle kind of feel, using the stone and alternating half wall heights. The landscaping is very well done and I love the cover you have used over the entrance. The interior of the restaurant is very well done. You have added many nice details, I like that you even added the spider webs. Using the colored lighting adds to the whole experience! Nicely done!

Thanks @AlJay for the lovely comments.

I agree, everyone's restaurants were AMAZING and so creative. For me, building a community lot was very challenging, but so fun!
    March Challenge

WDnuj68.jpg

The challenge for March is to use the blueprint above to design a home. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget, but please do not use any custom content. As an added challenge, if you wish, you can build the mirrored image of this blueprint and attach it; turning this into a brownstone townhome. Please hashtag with #BB17 and #AlJay2000 when you upload it to the gallery. As always, if you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!

If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprintBuilds – March Shell

Have fun! I am excited to see your designs!
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Fantastic restaurants everyone! This challenge totally got away from me and I couldn’t make it work, so I’m even more impressed with how well y’all did :)<3

Now 3 storeys?! Not sure I’ve ever actually built anything this tall, great challenge idea @AlJay I’ll try and finish this one I promise 😊
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Fantastic restaurants everyone! This challenge totally got away from me and I couldn’t make it work, so I’m even more impressed with how well y’all did :)<3

Now 3 storeys?! Not sure I’ve ever actually built anything this tall, great challenge idea @AlJay I’ll try and finish this one I promise 😊

@AliSim19 the restaurant build was definitely challenging and took me SOOO long... if you do end up using the blueprint/shell to build a restaurant, I'd love to see it! Everyone's were so creative and different
    @AlJay - thanks for the wonderful comments.
    @QueenV815 - I agree
    Everyone's were so creative and different
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thanks @AliSim19 I'm sure you can handle 3 storeys. It's skinny and most of the first floor is a garage :)
    Oooooo,@AlJay March Challenge looks Great.

Thank you so much for the feedback on the restaurant !

I thought everyone did such a wonderful job , all so creative !

Diane Pinkus o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top