Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What makes Sims 4 a dealbreaker for you?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    I had a dealbreaker bug that caused me to abandon the game for a week. It was the one where NAPs attach themselves to sim, causing them to act autonomously. For my playstyle that was as bad as not being able to play the game anymore at all. Wouldn't have abandoned the game, however, only disabled/uninstalled Eco Lifestyle and started over with library versions of the affected sims.
  • Options
    SimmerBecca4481SimmerBecca4481 Posts: 11 New Member
    Sim personality, wants,fear, attraction system, lifetime wishes
    I want to pick all of these lol it’s all becoming a deal breaker for me.
  • Options
    Simmer4Ever2020Simmer4Ever2020 Posts: 15 Member
    I love the sims was dream play as a child but country kit at top don't all line up or match and dust the bust kit makes dirt and dust up too fast all sims do is clean 3 hours play fire started upstairs in bedroom no one there but dust and dust bunnies my poor single sims was in kitchen eating when happened now shes broke and has work herself back up and I disabled dust till its all fixed. Y'all need take babies off objects they not objects make them more playable and give them lifestages 0 to 3 months 6 to 8 months then 9 to 12 months at end 12 month they age up too Toddler.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    +Bugs & Glitches (it doesn't matter if we get deeper game play if we can't play with it due to bugs)
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    Bugs and glitches that I have to use mods to fix because the development team refuses to fix them.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    For me the main deal-breaker (do you mean deciding to buy a pack?) is activities. They like adventures, active jobs, skill building. Since I have already done enough laundry, dishwashing and vacuuming in real life I don't especially want to do those things in a game. And I guess I'm one of the few players who really enjoy guided story telling like Jungle Adventure and Strangerville.

Anyway, second comes personality. I really wish we could craft sims with distinct personalities. I'd rather have sims who act differently from each other instead of having icons and charts that represent personality. The game relies on us, the player, to imagine the personality of a sim. Back in 2014 Sims 4 pushed the emotion system to the forefront with personality a lesser focus. I don't understand how games are coded, but I imagine that the emotion/personality system can't be replaced, only added to.
  • Options
    springacresspringacres Posts: 47 Member
    CAS or Build tools/lack thereof, customization
    I have to go with other ........

ALL OF THE ABOVE are irritating to me! LOL

But if I had to pick just one, it would for sure be the lack of world customizations.
    Same, except for me it's the lack of Create A Style.

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I guess the only thing that would cause me to abandon the Sims 4 would be a bug that rendered the game unplayable. Not merely an annoyance but an actual game breaking bug.

@simgirl1010 You mean like the error codes that break save games? Hope it doesn't happen to you...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    I guess the only thing that would cause me to abandon the Sims 4 would be a bug that rendered the game unplayable. Not merely an annoyance but an actual game breaking bug.

@simgirl1010 You mean like the error codes that break save games? Hope it doesn't happen to you...

Me too. As I only have one save.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sims 4 pricing or gameplay of dlc. Expansions, gp, stuff packs

Me too. As I only have one save.

I would create regular backups if that save is very important to you. I’ll sometimes back up saves on Google Drive now and then for safekeeping, as well as to prevent dealing with a possible game-breaking bug down the line.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sims 4 pricing or gameplay of dlc. Expansions, gp, stuff packs
    Pricing and bugs. Packs are too expensive, I always wait for sales and there's so many bugs that kill my enjoyment
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    @Sk8rblaze good idea. I have a flash drive and I'll do that today. 🙂
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The one true dealbreaker for me is boredom.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The Sims 4 is neither funny nor interesting to play ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    You want me to pick just one???

They're ALL dealbreakers for me.

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

The only way it would be a dealbreaker for me is if I could not open and play my game. It hasn’t happened in all these years, so I’m not going to worry about it.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    The only way it would be a dealbreaker for me is if I could not open and play my game. It hasn’t happened in all these years, so I’m not going to worry about it.

100% agree.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I miss sims having actual personalities, likes and dislikes. The emotion system doesn't cut it for me.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited March 2021
    Bugs or glitches
    The only time I’ve been unable to play the game was the patch for snowy escape where my game would close after 5 minutes of opening that has been the only time I’ve not played a sims game based on gameplay, bugs etc including sims 1,3&4. Other reasons are those nothing to do with the game or even ea
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Worlds (creating a world, lack of worlds, design of worlds etc)
    The only thing that really still bothers me after all this time is no way to create my own worlds and customize them. For everything else, there's mods. However, the rest can definitely be improved upon - even modders can only do so much with what EA gave them to work with. I know Bienchen has a couple of new mods to make emotions and traits mean something - it helps.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    I really should have said 'all' but at the time voted was in a bug mess. Boredom counts, too.