Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What makes Sims 4 a dealbreaker for you?

Granted this is assuming you have any dealbreakers for TS4. Pick which option best represents you. In the comments and add any details, ways the TS4 can improve it, or how a possible Sims 5 could.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

What makes Sims 4 a dealbreaker for you? 93 votes

Worlds (creating a world, lack of worlds, design of worlds etc)
10%
Goldmoldardrake_mccartyairotciv54GracieO312Reading_CorsairHorrorgirl6DuskregnSERVERFRAWildIrishBansheeCangwen 10 votes
CAS or Build tools/lack thereof, customization
3%
WillowG145springacresClousinators 3 votes
Sim personality, wants,fear, attraction system, lifetime wishes
49%
BreeNillaCorkysPetalsfruitsbasket101ApparentlyAwesomeBluelleYautjagirlToriexXPandoraXxFelicityFroilmotdkmannannaFinvolabixterscece15624DragonCat159APottsRenato10Winifred_WillowEvaliyn 46 votes
Sims 4 pricing or gameplay of dlc. Expansions, gp, stuff packs
17%
ncisGibbs02Sk8rblazeKhrisstyneDaemonPawswormofthebookOnverserlifeofdaydreamsParkLisa97PreCiiousw_w_waiyiiiiii9813bella_gothEternalSunshineMarinuttonenVeeDubMVG181Snookie_Monster 16 votes
Bugs or glitches
19%
simgirl1010alexandreaalanmichael1Simberella777zagboorulesteamjenRifftraxRulesThenyoukissmeCAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggecalaprfyMadachan88logionnetney52AngeliqueAdelaideDMDCTReaganbogan 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    pricing is very important, ea is making people paying price of gold a videogame that keeps separating content into packs, they talk about inclusivity while leaving out less wealthy fans. nobody is forced to buy all the packs but it leaves a lot of people out of the fun. then ea will complain that people isn't happy with the game lmao

almost forgot to mention gameplay, it's not so bad but there will always be room for improvement.
  • Options
    MVG181MVG181 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hard to choose between personality and pricing. While the game itself is very pricey, I think only 15 quid should be knocked off. As for the packs? Expansion packs should be 15-20 quid since they offer so much, but everything else 10 pounds or less.
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Pricing. I like the idea of gamepacks, but they whittle the content too thing. I think the B&B and CAS in the gamepacks is fine, but I want more gameplay features. Like the absence of any sort of story/quests or puzzles in Jungle Adventure was reeeeallly a downer for me.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I have to go with other ........

ALL OF THE ABOVE are irritating to me! LOL

But if I had to pick just one, it would for sure be the lack of world customizations.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2021
    Bugs or glitches
    "You make the sims" they say while also saying that they care about the sims 4.

*sim in my game proceeds to cook food indefinitely, while my plants are rotting and my other sims can't climb the open stairs.

I'm getting mixed messages here.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Bugs happen; worlds, BB, and CAS change; and the Sims has always been sold piece by piece (for a decent chunk of change). There are obviously problems, but if all these bothered me that much I do not think I could have stuck with it.

However, it is literally the Sims. Compelling Sims equal a compelling game. That is the very reason I can get drawn away from 4 to older games or games with interesting custom characters (like CK3).
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    I've outlined my primary issues with the game as it is now in this thread; it has primary to do with building restrictions, including the inability to customize the layout of apartments or build our own, or the lack of open neighborhoods, among others.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think the packs could be cheaper considering you get less than previous Sims packs.

The expansion packs should be £19.99 whilst the game packs £12.99.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Worlds (creating a world, lack of worlds, design of worlds etc)
    Actually, All the Above.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's an even split between personality and pricing. It's almost comical how people trip over themselves to buy the most lackluster, overpriced packs. But it's also comical to see uninteresting Sims are, and how little their traits actually affect gameplay.
    Post edited by AbbyBaba729 on
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    It's actually a combination of all of the choice but mainly how bland and indistinct, beyond looks, the sims are. The sims are the most important part of the game but they lack decent personalities and therefore drag the rest of the game down.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I voted sim personality but the worlds are also a big problem to me.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    All of the above. I can’t choose just one.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    Big reasons, I don't bother assigning trait to them anymore because they don't act on those, now I just randomize everything, also am tired of imagining how my sims actually act in my mind, I want it to be reflected in the game and not just in my mind.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    I just want things to work as they should.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    The game was not playable for several months on my ps4. Others could not play for over a year because of crashes. As much as I want personality improvements, a working game is my biggest dealbreaker.

I'm glad the team spoke about the "laundry list" going forward.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    Deal breaker:
    a factor or issue which, if unresolved would cause one party to withdraw from a deal.

Are you asking which of those selections would cause one to stop buying/playing the game?
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Deal breaker:
    a factor or issue which, if unresolved would cause one party to withdraw from a deal.

Are you asking which of those selections would cause one to stop buying/playing the game?

Yes, what causes you to stop playing or buying

• Options
    Bugs or glitches
    I guess the only thing that would cause me to abandon the Sims 4 would be a bug that rendered the game unplayable. Not merely an annoyance but an actual game breaking bug.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Yikes its hard to really pick, but the two that stick out the most is bugs and glitches and sims personality. I honestly think they did a pretty good job on build/buy and cas. As far pricing, I mean... I have my issues with that, but the same can be said about the pricing with the previous iteration. Only difference is I feel the previous is worth the price because of how "beefy" it was.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Bugs or glitches
    To be honest it doesn't seem as any of the selections are dealbreakers as most are still purchasing and playing. These are areas for improvement though. Or as OP suggested ideas for Sims 5.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2021
    To be honest it doesn't seem as any of the selections are dealbreakers as most are still purchasing and playing. These are areas for improvement though. Or as OP suggested ideas for Sims 5.

Yeah, what i meant in my description is saying assumimg you have a dealbreaker. for me the way the personalities work alone are a dealbreaker. For me its not playable because of this. I try again every couple months after updates and after mods, but i dont play TS4 because of the personaities, which makes it a dealbreaker. For me its because the emotions drive so much on how your sim feel the traits do affect them but not as much as i feel they should. I also think they should have more trait slots, and have more affect on their autonmous choices and lasting feelings they have. Sentiments were a good improvement though. I dont know about lifestyles, i havent got to try that because i dont own snowy escape. I have read through lifestyle threads though and seen how it does affect some peoples gameplay. I wish it was a base game update. I think the way the emotions drive the feelings is how it was designed to work, but its too superficial for me with buffs/unbuffs that are too easy to influence.

The only kind of bugs I have are I guess what they call simulation lag? Like it takes forever to get my sim to stop eating and go to work because they were texting while stitting or smiling or whatever. But nothing else really from what i can remember.

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2021
    Would have voted the "Worlds" option, but then I remember how boring Sims are from my experience, which is the crucial thing imo should be in the SIMS game and that restricted worlds can get a pass if Sims are more lively and intelligible beings. Like there's no drama, and all them act same. Don't get me started that Whims don't even help, when you have no clue what to do with the game as it slowly bores me. While I am playing with just the BG, I never really felt this kind of quick boredom playing them without DLC. Like I wanna give a compliment, like over artstyle and the warm HUD design, but man..... gameplay is so lackluster and repetitive. Tempts me to repurchase TS2 or reinstall TS3, but I'm thinking of at least completing all aspirations while doing a let's play to get through it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member

I also think many people don't have a choice if they really want to play a Sims game, for example I have a non-gaming laptop which can run The Sims 4, but not The Sims 3 (due to the game being poorly optimized) and The Sims 2 is troublesome to play in modern computers and cannot be bought officially anymore (I think). So if someone is in a similar situation they default to TS4 regardless of its limitations and whatever it lacks. There's also no competition whatsoever in the genre (at least yet).
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Bugs or glitches
    For me: “Dealbreaker” = Gamebreaker = Bugs that break my game to such an extend that I can’t play it anymore, resulting in me not buying anymore.
    But it hasn’t happened yet and I don’t think it will. *knock on wood*.