Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The lottery is rigged! LOL

Β«1
His mother must have pulled a few strings. Landgraabs always having their hands in the pot. :lol:

OebptPM.png

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have never once had a sim win. It’s always some random townie.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,453 Member
    @Celticgamer0 @Pamtastic72 if you don't mind mods magneticsouth has one called LottoHacks. Instead of a 1-in-100 chance of winning, the mod makes it 1-in-10. You just need to save your game before 9:50am the day they announce the winner (which is the day after the lottery holiday). If you don't win but want the million, just exit to main menu without saving and go back in. Rinse & repeat until you win (may take a few tries). If you're interested, you can download it on magneticsouth's patreon page for free.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,187 Member
    At least it's better than an animal winning the lottery. I sense that when an animal wins the lottery I suspect a money laundering scheme. "What are you talking about, IRS? I didn't suddenly win millions of dollars, that was my cat!"
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Starfree wrote: Β»
    @Celticgamer0 @Pamtastic72 if you don't mind mods magneticsouth has one called LottoHacks. Instead of a 1-in-100 chance of winning, the mod makes it 1-in-10. You just need to save your game before 9:50am the day they announce the winner (which is the day after the lottery holiday). If you don't win but want the million, just exit to main menu without saving and go back in. Rinse & repeat until you win (may take a few tries). If you're interested, you can download it on magneticsouth's patreon page for free.

I've had my played household win once and it was an awesome feeling. I will check out the mod, but I like the excitement of waiting and have stories in mind for when my poor sims win big ^.^
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I have had one of my own sims win a few times but never when I'm playing them!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited February 2021
    Mayor Whiskers disagrees. He may, or may not be a cat who somehow won the lottery in my game.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    logion wrote: Β»
    Mayor Whiskers disagrees. He may, or may not be a cat who somehow won the lottery in my game.

hahahaha I hope he spent it well, maybe got a new had?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    I've only had lottery win once for sim I'm playing and even then it was vlad :lol:

usually its some random townie i didnt know even existed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    It totally is! My sim won only after I had stopped playing her and moved her to the other households.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    In my game it's often Judith Ward or Mayor Whiskers who wins. My own sims have never won the lottery. But, since most of my sims are avid gardeners, they don't really need to win.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    You thought it was through generational wealth, but it was through scams and fraudulency :(
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    :/ I agree last time was monty like seriously?
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    i've never seen any of my sims win the lotto. Not that it matter smuch with money trees.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    I almost always have my sims ignore the lottery holiday. It makes the game to easy if my sims win and with playing rotational it was creating random millionaires of other families that I also did not want to be rich. I have had to use the money cheat a few times to take it away from families that have won while I wasn't playing with them. :D
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @Pamtastic72 I hadn't had any sims win the lottery either until yesterday. My sim went on a hike with his fiance in the mountains of Mt. Komorebi where he wished upon a statue for good fortune, and then the next day the lottery came around and he actually won! I was so stoked because for so long it's felt like my sims just were never going to win.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Since most of the stuff isn't aimed at wealthy Sims I delete the lottery when it comes around. You build a big fancy house and furnish it to the hills and still left with a ton of cash. No challenge left.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    edited February 2021

Me, too. But then my Sims all have more than enough Simoleons. It's almost as if they're contributing to the pot as a charity, if you will, since they don't need the money. It's more so they don't get bummed out for not participating in the 'holiday'. If any of my Sims won, I think I'd faint.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Beck68Beck68 Posts: 12 New Member
    In my game, the lottery winners are always rich to begin with (Thorne Bailey, Nancy Landgraab etc) but they make wonderful friends! So good that they move in with my Sims. It's just unfortunate that whilst exploring their new home, they wander into that tiny room with the "trick" door and are unable to get out... it's certainly nothing to do with me ;)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    My own Sims never won the lotteries, but, recently, one of my Sims' girlfriend won the lottery!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    It rarely happens but I had my sim win on two separate games! So yeah it can happen but rare! It seems that its the Heckings that win it the most in every game that I play! In my most recent one they won it twice!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Yeah, but there's nothing stopping you from marrying that townie and giving them an unfortunate.... accident. >:)
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited March 2021
    My Sim won the lottery yesterday! I've never seen this happen before. My plan was for he and his wife to have as many babies during their marriage as they can, the wife's parents had 15, she's the youngest. Now he can quit his job and stay home. She's not quitting, though. She's my high achiever with a great salary.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I had one file that won the lottery. After the initial high it took a lot of fun out of the game for me. I built this crazy big mansion and still had a bunch of money, it took the stakes out of the game for me.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,971 Member
    My played sim has won only once :) Usually it is either Clement Frost or Rosie Hecking who takes the pot :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member