Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this years Sims Anniversary be a success?

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited February 2021
    Downright Dumpster Fire...
    I don't expect anything for the 21st Anniversary. I was one of them disappointed simmers last year. To me, the 20th was a big deal that definitely left me feeling sad, disappointed, and shaking my head.

I do not feel entitled/owed anything at all either, just because I have been playing since the beginning. Never felt entitled in RL either. If someone calls me that, it would make my day :D
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They're going to give us another bar to add to our collection of 500,000 other bars within TS4 to celebrate The Sims being of legal drinking age in US.

:D:D Cracking up.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2021
    EA/Maxis do not have to give me anything as I feel anything they give is gimped anyway. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have faith in them. I think they'll shower us with such good and amazing things, such as
    • Another sale on Expansion and Game Packs, but not Stuff Packs.
    • Three bug fixes, and possibly 20 new bugs.
    • A call to talk about your sims experiences throughout the years or to make fanart, basically asking you to market the game for them, for free.
    • A banner recycled from another anniversary.
    • A few new shirts for the IRL merch store, most likely featuring cowplants, freezer bunny derivatives, or plumbobs.
    • Some posts on Instagram.

And if we're really lucky, they'll reskin an item or piece of clothing we already payed for, and put it in the base game. (Only for young adults, though.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm thinking more in-between, but I'm definitely anticipating a Dumpster Fire more than I am a success.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Dumpster fire is a little melodramatic for the kind of underwhelming disappointment we got for the 20TH ANNIVERSARY, but it's closer to what I expect than any kind of success, much less an exciting one.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm thinking more in-between, but I'm definitely anticipating a Dumpster Fire more than I am a success.
    Actually would be funny to see this return for the anniversary.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A0XQ9knz9aE
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They're going to give us another bar to add to our collection of 500,000 other bars within TS4 to celebrate The Sims being of legal drinking age in US.

I need still a three tiles bar, only 2 and 4 tiles wide so far. But honestly I expect nothing and I don't care about the 21st anniversary either, but I will be disappointed if nothing happens on the 25th anniversary.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The Sims' 21st anniversary is coming up in a few days on February 4th. After last years atrocious hot tub incident, do you think this years anniversary will be an exciting success or a downright dumpster fire?

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that no one is owed anything. I'm not sure where some are getting the idea that I or others that look forward to The Sims anniversary deserve something. The reason I posted this was because the big 20th anniversary was so poor that I figured maybe they would do something nice this year.

I can't vote as I'm not entirely sure we're even getting an update today. *shrug*
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    I quite liked the hot tub even though its remarkably ugly, but seriously they could have done more for the 20th anniversary of such a significant game. Maybe the vibrating heart shaped bed and heart shaped hot tub from the original game.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I can't answer the question until i know what it is they are offering. It will answer itself anyway one way or the other.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    As much as I love walling in drama as much as a pig wallows in mud, I hope the patch is decent enough. It's only February, and this is their chance to set the mood for the entire year. Last year was bad, but the anniversary was what really set the mood and made us look at the franchise more critically. It soured things.

I want to go through the rest of 2021 with a somewhat optimistic outlook for The Sims. They started off well enough with Paranormal Stuff, and that was almost enough to make me forget about the M.A.C. mishap. They had a whole year to learn from their mistakes last anniversary, and they said that they're making an effort to be more communicative.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member

With this new information, I can't say I'm not a bit more skeptical haha

Without diving too deep my first thought was, "The anniversary is today... not the 25th..."

Call me crazy but it seems awfully bold to tell Simmers to wait 20 days for their big anniversary gift. It only opens the doors for disappointment wider in my eyes because now they have Simmers all over the world speculating on what it could be and building up the hype.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

With this new information, I can't say I'm not a bit more skeptical haha

Without diving too deep my first thought was, "The anniversary is today... not the 25th..."

Call me crazy but it seems awfully bold to tell Simmers to wait 20 days for their big anniversary gift. It only opens the doors for disappointment wider in my eyes because now they have Simmers all over the world speculating on what it could be and building up the hype.

I think it's because it's going to be in combination with the normal February patch and that's why they're waiting. But, I could be wrong too.

Since, I never actually thought we'd get anything for the anniversary (or if they'd even acknowledge it) I'm ok with waiting, it's not costing simmers anything, so if it would turn out to be overly hyped up for something ridiculously lackluster, no biggy to me.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I was totally wrong, lol. Very happy about it, though! :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Maybe if this surprise is so far away, they're gearing up for an update??? I really hope it's not a pack.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Yeah I'm not too hyped about it.

I'm hopeful, but not counting down any days or anything.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    create a gift for our community, by our community #YouMakeTheSims 🤗
    We can’t wait to share on Feb 25th!

actually that doesnt sound like new content it sounds more like "we will add popular builds in maxis gallery by popular people and call it a gift"

would not get too excited but idk i also might be wrong

+ it could just be that theyre making it 25th so most ppl have uploaded their anniversary things
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think the biggest issue with it was the fact they released an object for free that was exclusive to Perfect Patio Stuff. I also know people were unhappy because the hot tub was too over the top to really work with builds.

Yes it wasn’t even a new design hot tub 😡. They could’ve done a Sims 2 nostalgia model or the old love tub with 5 romantic uses.

I bought the patio pack because it was the only one with a hot tub. I was not happy to see the patio hot tub with just a roof added. They didn’t even include a lot of colour swatches so it’s hard to match the free tub. I rarely use it.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I just want them to release merch honestly. like in real life merch. pins! anniversary pins.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think the biggest issue with it was the fact they released an object for free that was exclusive to Perfect Patio Stuff. I also know people were unhappy because the hot tub was too over the top to really work with builds.

Yes it wasn’t even a new design hot tub 😡. They could’ve done a Sims 2 nostalgia model or the old love tub with 5 romantic uses.

I bought the patio pack because it was the only one with a hot tub. I was not happy to see the patio hot tub with just a roof added. They didn’t even include a lot of colour swatches so it’s hard to match the free tub. I rarely use it.

i actually liked the hot tub but thats cause i don't have perfect patio so i could have vladdy in da hot tub without getting it

but i do see why people be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if they have perfect patio already cause it hardly adds anything new for them or does it in any way relate to anniversary nostalgia and then it just exposes what a waste of pack perfect patio really is
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    amberlunez wrote: »
    I just want them to release merch honestly. like in real life merch. pins! anniversary pins.

They already have an official merch store :)

https://thesims.threadless.com/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I honestly expected absolutely nothing because 21 isn't a milestone number like 20 is, so if they didn't do much for 20 why would they for 21?

But apparently something is coming and all I can predict is that some fans will be loudly unhappy about it all over every possible platform, most probably won't care, and hopefully there will also be a group that loves it.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm starting to think maybe they've asked the Game Changers to help design or think up of a couple of new CAS or build/buy items.
    giphy.gif