Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this years Sims Anniversary be a success?

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Downright Dumpster Fire...
    I want something for the anniversary. I really do but I know deep down that it won’t happen and it’s pure poopydoops!
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    It will go completely unmentioned and ignored by EA
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I don't expect them to do anything at all. I'm kind of surprised that other people do. Last year I did, but that was a big milestone for the franchise. I don't feel like every year has to be recognized.
    #Team Occult
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    My expectations are low
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    After the 20th anniversary anniversary patch last year I don't expect anything. I just hope they don't make another pack people paid for completely redundant and pointless.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Probably we will only get a series of tweets from simguru of how festive they celebrate the 21th anniversary
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Probably not because there's still no:
    Playable Babies
    Heartshape Bed
    Fairies/Genies/Werewolves
    Drums
    Better Family Tree
    Better game fixes
    :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    Let's see last year we got a controversial hot tub and the last sim related anniversary that happened after that I can't even remember what it was for was completely ignored. I've now learned not to expect much for sim anniversaries.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think it will be forgotten like last year. I mean Sims will be drinking age for the country it is in, but who really cares about that milestone.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes, i am hoping they give us the ice cream machine for free this year, hehe! I doubt it is gonna happen though, or else some people who bought that pack would be unhappy :(
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Even if it’s something I like, it won’t be anything amazing and it could trash my game that said I at least want them to try this year give us something new!

Make me surprised!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    My expectations are honestly something silly like more gnomes or more Star Wars outfits or more crop tops or more YA female only or more bar content. My nightmare would be to see an announcement of a Sims 5 preview of sub only online only. My dream would be to see new gameplay content for babies, toddlers, and elders.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Am not going to bother voting for some reason I have doubts be anything good seriously when got a game for Star Wars big mistake if give something for the anniversary better make up they for game pack sure stuff of paranormal is good but need something to convince us that not going big let down. if be anything good be a nice surprise but still have my doubts.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Yes, i am hoping they give us the ice cream machine for free this year, hehe! I doubt it is gonna happen though, or else some people who bought that pack would be unhappy :(

Making paying customers unhappy won't bother them. It certainly didn't stop them last year. So who knows maybe they will give the ice-cream machine to everyone. Or maybe the buffet table.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am not personally expecting anything, so if they do anything I will be pleasantly surprised, I hope. I wasn't expecting anything last year, but was disappointed when what they did give us was just a reskin of something I already had in game. Don't get me wrong, I am not upset people that didn't buy perfect patio got a hot tub, I just wish it had been some small brand new item that no one had. Just would have been my preference.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I wouldn't call it a dumpster fire though. I don't think we should expect anything for an anniversary. I agree the 20th should have had more hype around it but considering that there was no hype and one free object, and that was a big anniversary, that we really shouldn't have any expectations at all for the 21st.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2021
    Last year was 20 years. That's a pretty significant number you might think. We got, if I recall, a T-Shirt. Or was that the year before?

I know you can't expect a lot from something being free, but seriously, 20 years and all you get is a rather bad T-Shirt?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    They’re just not gonna do anything for us and if they do I’ll be shocked.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Repeating what I said in another thread: If a hot tub is all we got for the 20th then we shouldn't expect anything now.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Exciting Success!
    Too much doom and gloom on these forums. Come on, Peeps, it's their 21st Anniversary. They probably gave out a hot tub last year, because this year is hahahaha bigger, and they didn't wish to take away from that fact. Really, I'd place my bets on the 25th Anniversary (but maybe that only applies to marriage?)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    They're going to give us another bar to add to our collection of 500,000 other bars within TS4 to celebrate The Sims being of legal drinking age in US.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I still don't understand why people feel they're owed something every February. When they are given something, they immediately look the gift horse in the mouth.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Since the devs have an eyebrow raising predilection for toilets, I got my money on an anniversary toilet this year.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I still don't understand why people feel they're owed something every February. When they are given something, they immediately look the gift horse in the mouth.

This post has nothing to do with feeling like we're owed anything. I posted this because last years big 20th anniversary was so poorly executed that I thought perhaps they'd do something this year. This is now a 21 year old franchise with millions of fans from brand new players to those that have played for years of their lives.

So no, I don't feel like I'm owed anything, but I was disappointed that one of my favorite video game franchises of all time celebrated a big anniversary by giving away an item I purchased in a pack (hot tubs from Perfect Patio) for free and posting a 15th anniversary photo. If last year wasn't such a disaster, maybe fans wouldn't be hoping they might do something nice this year.

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I hope it's the Kylo Ren lightsaber hilt so my sims can look this good
    swzFNCE.png