Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If next pack is romance, are you ok with no new world?

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No, a new world is important
    Yuna wrote: »
    EA needs to put more budget into Sims 4.
    We really need more worlds as we do not have an option to really sculpture and do our own. Fitting buildings in Sims 4 depends very much on the unchangeable surroundings or else you are having a whole italian country village 64x64 on Villareals Windenburg lot in the middle of nowhere... no, I rather have fitting worlds, ESPECIALLY diverse worlds.
    AS much as I really need GAMEPLAY, this shouldnt become the new way of cutting content for the sake of making the game better in gameplay.. it should be both, otherwise something is terribly wrong with budgeting

They don't need more budget. They need better Tools. They are still crafting their world by hand by piece. It is evident. I mean the roads are not even recognized as roads in-game, which means rather than putting down a road tool or something they have to build a path for vfx cars to go trough. However it seems that the studio/leaders dont want to invest time to develop a better tool that they could even easily be share to players. I mean it's been six years now Maxis, can you please put time into creating better tools? Like CAW? It will not benifit just us but you as well.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's little enough defining Game Packs from Stuff Packs as it is without removing new worlds. I'm okay with paying 9.99 for a collection of Stuff. I'm not paying 19.99 for a collection of Stuff and a patch.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    Other (mention in comments)
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Yuna wrote: »
    EA needs to put more budget into Sims 4.
    We really need more worlds as we do not have an option to really sculpture and do our own. Fitting buildings in Sims 4 depends very much on the unchangeable surroundings or else you are having a whole italian country village 64x64 on Villareals Windenburg lot in the middle of nowhere... no, I rather have fitting worlds, ESPECIALLY diverse worlds.
    AS much as I really need GAMEPLAY, this shouldnt become the new way of cutting content for the sake of making the game better in gameplay.. it should be both, otherwise something is terribly wrong with budgeting

They don't need more budget. They need better Tools. They are still crafting their world by hand by piece. It is evident. I mean the roads are not even recognized as roads in-game, which means rather than putting down a road tool or something they have to build a path for vfx cars to go trough. However it seems that the studio/leaders dont want to invest time to develop a better tool that they could even easily be share to players. I mean it's been six years now Maxis, can you please put time into creating better tools? Like CAW? It will not benifit just us but you as well.

I do agree and me having creation tools as well as making my own colors will increase the creativity 110% :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    emozwmbiegrlemozwmbiegrl Posts: 3 New Member
    Depends on quality of the pack
    i feel like a new world would be great, maybe a world based on paris/france or something like that (kind of like how snowy escape was based on japan) but a romance pack would probably be a game pack anyway so we probably wouldn't get a new world.

in my opinion, we really need AT LEAST an update for romance. something like a wedding overhaul maybe would be great.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes! Better focus on gameplay
    I want them to focus on gameplay especially something as crucial as this. We have enough worlds, we are almost getting too many, it’s becoming overwhelming. If we do get another world with a pack like this is should be a vacation world, something for a romantic getaway.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I wouldn't want a pack that focused just a romance. It would have to have a new world of some sort.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    We need more worlds with more lots. Poo poo on romance, we can make our own.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't see why we would need a world in a pack like that?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think they could give us an empty spooky world for free. The vampire and ROM worlds are way to small.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I just wanna post this here:

db048gj-5a111336-2942-43d9-8645-29c747634480.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZjc5MTE2NDEtYmYwMy00ZGUxLTk1MDgtODRhNGJmNjc0ZTRiXC9kYjA0OGdqLTVhMTExMzM2LTI5NDItNDNkOS04NjQ1LTI5Yzc0NzYzNDQ4MC5naWYifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.oA5FjwjC9XUWOQ8ux6LngO9b5XemjXT5B9KSYPQPjDQ

ville_d_amore__ts4_community_worlds_project__by_hazzaplumbob-dazv2s1.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    A romance pack isn't something that interests me so I wouldn't buy it unless there was a world to make it worth it.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »

db048gj-5a111336-2942-43d9-8645-29c747634480.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZjc5MTE2NDEtYmYwMy00ZGUxLTk1MDgtODRhNGJmNjc0ZTRiXC9kYjA0OGdqLTVhMTExMzM2LTI5NDItNDNkOS04NjQ1LTI5Yzc0NzYzNDQ4MC5naWYifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.oA5FjwjC9XUWOQ8ux6LngO9b5XemjXT5B9KSYPQPjDQ

That looks pretty, but they should give us Venice in a EP, so we can have gondoliers, glass blowing, the carnival, pigeon feeding and glorious carnival outfits AND romance.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    A romance pack isn't something that interests me so I wouldn't buy it unless there was a world to make it worth it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WcF8Aos4XDA

: (
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Everything I'd like to see added in a romance pack would not be enough gameplay to justify leaving out a new world, but if they combined it with something else and was totally awesome... but the only thing I can think of that would go together thematically would be hotels/resorts for honeymoons, and it would make no sense to have a hotel pack without at least a new vacation world.

But if they do make a pack of any type with no new world again like they did with seasons, I'd like a new blank world patched in to the base game with the pre-expansion patch.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    I chose other, because we have Romantic Garden stuff pack.
    I really don't know how it would work as a game pack, because if we got another world that would be cool, but there is a chance that it may overlap with what we have for RG.
    Also, unless there was a new world, and a huge overall on emotions, I would most likely pass on the pack.
    I do own romantic garden, but I got it with a bundle.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    I chose other, because we have Romantic Garden stuff pack.
    I really don't know how it would work as a game pack, because if we got another world that would be cool, but there is a chance that it may overlap with what we have for RG.
    Also, unless there was a new world, and a huge overall on emotions, I would most likely pass on the pack.
    I do own romantic garden, but I got it with a bundle.

There is no romance in the Romantic Garden SP. There is the fountain and the wishing well. I forgot if it's possible to wish for love at the wishing well, but other than that there is no romance in that pack.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »

What game is that from
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    A new beautiful world is important to me, I don't think that they can get away with a new expansion pack without a new world (seasons is an exclusion) maybe a game pack.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited February 2021
    I said Yes but the more I thought on it the I think it depends on if it's an GP or EP

If a GP I'd like to see them add a chemistry system, allowed children to have crushes, overhaul weddings by adding different ways to have weddings. You know stomping on a glass, throwing seeds, lighting a unity candle any others. It would also be nice if when we decided to have a wedding we could choose our sims actual wedding attire maybe even choose our guests attire.

If they made a romance EP I'd like to see a new world, maybe a Tuscan or Venice inspired world.The focus would mostly be on romance and honeymoons I feel. So still a chemistry system, changes to weddings as well as add pool bars, water slides, nectar making, two person peddle boats, wood fire ovens for pizza and breads, allow sims to go in strolls while holding hands, ownable hotels/resorts. Add the lot type Nectary where our sims could buy nectar, learn the nectar making skill, and go nectar tasting. It would be nice if they could also add Cinemas or least allow our sims to go to rabbithole cinemas or events.
  • Options
    Vicky_chingyu1023Vicky_chingyu1023 Posts: 55 Member
    There's already few worlds...
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Change my answer to “no”. While I’m mostly looking forward to a wedding overhaul, I need another new world. I’ll probably put a lot of community lots there- a few restaurants, a hotel and the wedding venue I’m working on.

I just hope it won’t be 85% deco houses like the last few worlds they’ve given us. *coughDelSmolValleycough*

@VentusMatt Maybe they could make a menu with different wedding traditions like they did with holiday traditions in Seasons.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited February 2021
    i mean i do think new world would be cute but i also know that going by track record that would very much be their excuse to fail to give me proper romance gameplay

and at this point i will really be very angry poop if they do halfbaked job with it

because i swear i havent waited all these years since release to get another "romantic city stuff" where the only romantic thing is supposedly woohooing in one new object and eating pasta

no. I demand actual romance gameplay the game will never be complete before they add that and i will be there aggressively moping in the corner and haunting the hallways of ea as vengeful ghost and even calling Guidry won't help with that (even if i appreciate his flirtiness) it will be very haunted
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'll take gameplay over visual anyday
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Depends. I love Seasons and it did not have a world. Then again, EPs tend to feel fairly light anyway. I would need to be decently impressed. GP, though, I would be less heartbroken. I feel focusing on the world ended up being a distraction in ROM for example, but I love the Strangerville world. Had it just been the story, I would not have enjoyed it nearly as much. So, we shall see.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    Now that they have finally improved on Stuff packs they need to improve on Expansion packs & Game packs as well.