Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If next pack is romance, are you ok with no new world?

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes! Better focus on gameplay
    Game play is more important to me.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited January 2021
    No, a new world is important
    EA needs to put more budget into Sims 4.
    We really need more worlds as we do not have an option to really sculpture and do our own. Fitting buildings in Sims 4 depends very much on the unchangeable surroundings or else you are having a whole italian country village 64x64 on Villareals Windenburg lot in the middle of nowhere... no, I rather have fitting worlds, ESPECIALLY diverse worlds.
    AS much as I really need GAMEPLAY, this shouldnt become the new way of cutting content for the sake of making the game better in gameplay.. it should be both, otherwise something is terribly wrong with budgeting
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Depends on quality of the pack
    If the gameplay is solid, and CAS and BB is good I won’t be mad if there’s not a new world, but...I will say I wouldn’t mind another blank world like Newcrest only with a different theme/vibe.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited January 2021
    Other (mention in comments)
    The content and interactions better be well-defined and many, should the pack NOT include a new world. The worlds are not even as large as they were in Sims2. I'm confounded at this. Where are we supposed to house the Sims we create ourselves? What about their children? I'm almost maxed out on what few worlds we have. Del Sol Valley was a joke, a bad one at that. I would like to see couples being able to walk-hand-in-hand, do a slow dance together. Be able to wrap arms around the waist or shoulders of each other and so many other interactions we've never ever had. In other words, this must be the BEST PACK EVER, else why bother? If it doesn't it NEEDs a world. We need a world as they've gone from a descent (almost) size to smaller and smaller. I love this game, else I wouldn't keep playing it, nor ask for more. These things have been sorely neglected up front from the beginning.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    the game looks pretty enough, what it needs is more gameplay, sims need more new things to do, more new interactions, etc. a world with romantic destinations would be great but i'm sure they would use this as an excuse to add less gameplay.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'd like to see married couples be faithful. Makes no sense for a male sim to walk into a bar and start a suggestive conversation with anyone else but his wife and vice versa.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I'd much prefer more gameplay.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    In this version of Sims and no capability to make my own Neighborhoods, an new Neighborhood is always welcomed even though the next pack can be either an GP or EP and I always love better gameplay with both new neighborhoods and better gameplay, going back to my first remark about creating neighborhoods there would be no need to have an poll about wanting an new neighborhood if there was an option. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Okie dokie, no need for a new world in my game yet, still have plenty of space left. I mainly care about gameplay, so having it take priority over worlds and such is a good thing for me.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

What? I mean seriously, what would a "romance" pack have or do?
    Fixing bugs is one thing, but that's patches that do that. (Or mods when not fixed)

Really though, what would a "romance" pack have?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    If it were a GP than I'd be OK with no new world as it would be smaller anyways, but a romance pack would also go really well with a Mediterranean world, and I would love a Mediterranean world, so I'm conflicted.

Preferably we would get such a world in an EP so that it could have several neighborhoods, but I don't think an EP would be solely focused on romance either.

If romance is bundled with hotels in a GP than I don't think we would get a new world (Spa day and Dine Out), and if we do get a new world I hope it isn't just a destination world.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    As much as I want new gameplay the recent packs (stuff packs aside) are not great with gameplay and the worlds flesh out the packs. I can’t see this changing anytime soon. I did write a much better post then this and it wouldn’t post and I can’t remember what it is I exactly wrote but it was written a lot better.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited January 2021
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Fixing bugs is one thing, but that's patches that do that. (Or mods when not fixed)

https://m.youtube.com/watch/HEXWRTEbj1I

jk :lol:
    that does give some very big vlad_is_luv vibes tho not gonna lie

idk how to sum it up because sims 4 lacks so much in romance gameplay but basically
    •more interactions for romance category socials

•more things sims can do together instead of alone (say they could boat together, read books together, cook together, go on picnics, relax on their partners lap... just romance film vibes)

•turn off/turn on system that allows you to choose what kind of sims attract your sim like they wouldnt go flirting with whoever

•better wedding objects and weddings themselves

• slow dance and couple dance and in different dance styles

•online dating or matchmakers so game would give you fun random sims to take on dates..

there is so much they could add to make it less of a meet-> woohoo-> baby
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    xAlaska0xAlaska0 Posts: 6 New Member
    I really would like a new world, but if the quality is good I can accept this , well, also the gameplay is important .
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

another user posted all these things ( https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985301/2021-pack-speculation/p7 )

1. Play footsie under the table at a restaurant.
    2. Hold hands across the table and be flirty.
    3. Propose while at dinner.
    4. Feed each other a bite of food (I swear I saw this pop up as an option in Sims 4 once, but I've never seen the option again).
    5. Cuddle in bed (while awake and while sleeping)
    6. Make out in bed (on top of the covers)
    7. SLOW DANCING
    8. Kiss while slow dancing
    9. We had more kissing options (kiss up arm, smooch, tender, romantic, suck face, make out while standing up, etc.)
    10. Take romantic photo booth pictures together
    11. Woohoo in the photo booth
    12. Hammock and car woohoo (would be nice if they could cuddle/snuggle/makeout as well... if we ever get a hammock or cars)
    13. Buy perfume or jewelry for our lovers at an actual store
    14. Buy flowers from a flower stand
    15. Select turn ons/turn offs
    16. Scope the room for potential love matches
    17. Zodiac compatibility
    18. Hire a match maker
    19. Go on a honeymoon after getting married.

and surely there are many more ideas <3
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    Besides the lack of couple slow dance ....

The thing what has (and still does) annoyed me the most, is that I wish sims lips would actually touch while "kissing" :neutral: (I know, maybe minor thing, but it has really bugged me)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    A pack about romance would be pretty cool, I think! I really would like for there to be more romantic interactions, as there aren't actually that many of them available. However, I wouldn't be opposed to there being another world added into the game. New worlds are usually exciting since there are new locations and Sims added.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited February 2021
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    A pack about romance would be pretty cool, I think! I really would like for there to be more romantic interactions, as there aren't actually that many of them available. However, I wouldn't be opposed to there being another world added into the game. New worlds are usually exciting since there are new locations and Sims added.

okay i did not think about it that way but actually yeah id like some hot singles in my neighborhood when we get romance pack cause i will quickly run out of male premades and start stealing husbands for my sims

(okay actually i have already started stealing husbands so thats a lie)

definitely next time they make world pls add some single dudes and make em cute even if no world in romance pack

and no with cute i do not mean characterless boring hot guys no give them some lore
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I would certainly hope an entire pack revolving around romance as its main theme will be a game or stuff pack... and not an entire expansion pack. Because that would truly reveal EA simply only wanting to milk this game to death.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Definitely agree that we need more lots in the Sims 4. Not only that, but I really dislike how lots in the Sims 4 are fixed. How is Sims 2 and 3 more versatile when it comes to placing lots... Anyways, that's not what I was trying to say here... lol. So yeah, again, I definitely agree that we need more lots in TS4, but realistically speaking, I would rather have the devs focus more on gameplay when it comes to a improving the romance system in the game. because for some reason when they do a new world, they seem to make it an excuse that world looks nice and think that, how aesthetically beautiful the world looks compensates with poor gameplay or the bugs and glitches that comes along with it. We know Maxis you can make beautiful backdrops, but I'm not really paying for ONLY beautiful backdrops.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    "Romance" is such an abstract idea for a pack. What would even be involved? I also use mods that add romantic options, shall we say, so..I'm good.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    if the next pack is romance pack are you ok with the Dev not including new world in exchange with more gameplay content?
    We Already Have Romance Theme Pack as Stuff Pack: The Romantic Garden. No Point of Repeating.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    if the next pack is romance pack are you ok with the Dev not including new world in exchange with more gameplay content?
    We Already Have Romance Theme Pack as Stuff Pack: The Romantic Garden. No Point of Repeating.

I don’t think it added much romance game play sadly. If it had we probably wouldn’t be talking about a possible romance pack six years into the game. Romance is very lacking in the Sims 4. It’s something I would love to be improved on. I want my sims to be able to simulate life yet they can’t even cuddle each other while sitting on a couch or sleeping together in a bed. They can’t slow dance together and all the other small romantic little details that are missing. I know this kind of thing isn’t necessary for a lot of players but as a family player it is something that I think is quite important and I’m very much hopeful for some improvements sometime in the future before they move onto the Sims 5.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2021
    I really want romance. I don't see world being a necessity for this pack, especially if it's a GP. I'm thinking of Parenthood for comparison.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No, a new world is important
    If They won't give us an CAW then they should give as worlds.