Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Complain if You Buy The Pack

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    My ideal game would have a settings screen you could bring up for each world that let you select some basic rules for NPCs in that world.

I would love that too, not so much for occults in my case but for other NPC settings, more control over NPCs spawning (and their clothing) would generally be a good idea I think, for both realistic and occult players.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If there's one thing I hate, it's laundry. I hate the way things get dirty so fast, that then my Sims leave it lying around and get Uncomfortable and just seem incapable of doing laundry in any way even slightly efficiently. However there's something I've noticed - if you don't like doing laundry, don't buy laundry machines. I didn't go and ask for Laundry to be nerfed for 'realism' players, but it's the realism players who demanded something tedious like Laundry and then said it was too hard to be part of the game.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    If there's one thing I hate, it's laundry. I hate the way things get dirty so fast, that then my Sims leave it lying around and get Uncomfortable and just seem incapable of doing laundry in any way even slightly efficiently. However there's something I've noticed - if you don't like doing laundry, don't buy laundry machines. I didn't go and ask for Laundry to be nerfed for 'realism' players, but it's the realism players who demanded something tedious like Laundry and then said it was too hard to be part of the game.

But I love including a washing machine and dryer in my builds. It makes the house look nice! I just don't want laundry! So they should get rid of laundry. They should make it a lot trait that people who want laundry have to slot on every house! Just in case I visit one of these houses though, their sims should never do the laundry autonomously. I don't want any of that in my game!

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    *everyone's opinion about turning occults on and off as the mood strikes em* Apperently no one is like me who will just have all occults on and never NOT make an occult sim.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    But I love including a washing machine and dryer in my builds. It makes the house look nice! I just don't want laundry! So they should get rid of laundry. They should make it a lot trait that people who want laundry have to slot on every house! Just in case I visit one of these houses though, their sims should never do the laundry autonomously. I don't want any of that in my game!

lmao, perfect...just perfect!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Daephene wrote: »
    My ideal game would have a settings screen you could bring up for each world that let you select some basic rules for NPCs in that world.

I would love that too, not so much for occults in my case but for other NPC settings, more control over NPCs spawning (and their clothing) would generally be a good idea I think, for both realistic and occult players.

Oh it definitely should also be used for celebrities and stray pets. I know many people would also want one for housed sims from other worlds.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah the thing is it is the realism that is turning me off with the pack rather than the fantasy stuff. So even though it is an occult pack, it has a lot of realism in it too. I think we all just like different things. No I don't want stuff nerfed to cater to me whether it is real or not because I know that the Sims is more than just one community member. It is worldwide and not all games can say that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It doesn't sound as if the pack will be too intrusive - if every household were now going to be plagued with ghosts, that would be highly annoying. However, it sounds like you mostly have to trigger them with the haunted house or paranormal career, and they're already in the game if a household member dies and you don't disable the tombstone. (And isn't there also a 'haunted' lot trait?) In any case, lots of ways to get your ghosts if you want them, but hopefully not running amok when you don't.

I'm really not all that picky - it doesn't bother me if some random Sim takes off on a broom or mermaids go swimming by the house (as they did last night). It's when they actively interfere with the family I'm playing that it gets annoying (which is why I keep looking at all the cool stuff in the Vampire pack and giving it a hard pass). Aliens came in an expansion with a lot of other stuff, and they do interfere with game play when they abduct my Sims.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Genkider wrote: »

Sorry but this doesn't make sense to me, if you are truly the majority as you say then why would EA bother releasing occult packs to begin with? These packs clearly sell well otherwise they wouldn't have made 3 already.
    I don't know why this is a problem all of a sudden, I mean The Sims series have been full of occult content since the first game even.

Because I'm the one to buy any occult pack on the release date? ;) I love all the supernatural stuff in The Sims, that's why I'm among the players who suffer from intrusive gameplay features most of all. I can't just "switch off" a pack because I enjoy it generally. But some features are designed as everyone would enjoy this type of gameplay. I wish the devs won't make these mistakes in the future, the Paranormal Stuff pack gives me such hope, since all the features are optional and have difficulty settings.
  • Options
    I don't see any reason to try to shut some one up by claiming they are a minority, yikes. So now it boils down to, if u want the occult play you are a minority and should be the one inconvenienced if they introduce toggles. LOL

Sorry, but I'm not the one trying to shut anyone. It's the topic's name saying: "[shut up and] don't complain if..."
    I'm just trying to say that we won't shut up and there in no reason we should :wink:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2021

As hard as I am on Maxis in my elderly years, I think sometimes they really can't please this generation of players. It's why we had modders to remove any bhavs we didn't want on any object and make it simply decorative. They actually can't win with this generation of players who don't want 'triggered' play AKA machines on the lot which would trigger the gameplay and or toggles. I actually have some sympathy for Maxis today which I haven't had since TS4's release. If I don't want my Sims abducted in TS2 I don't buy them a more expensive telescope (trigger play). Trigger play is more sandbox because it allows the player to decide which household will run up against a situation and or not. But with the idea people just want stuff in a house because it looks nice or more realistic should mean they have to go out and find a modder to remove the bhavs in my opinion. Nerfing features after someone pays for them so someone can decorate and then demand a removal is rather selfish in my opinion. If someone doesn't want a feature in a pack then they have the freedom not to buy it. Extractions are done every day whether Maxis knows it or not. Why should anyone have to buy a particular home to do laundry. It's triggered by the machines, don't want the gameplay remove the machines, or mod out the functions and or download a decorative set.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    I don't see any reason to try to shut some one up by claiming they are a minority, yikes. So now it boils down to, if u want the occult play you are a minority and should be the one inconvenienced if they introduce toggles. LOL

Sorry, but I'm not the one trying to shut anyone. It's the topic's name saying: "[shut up and] don't complain if..."
    I'm just trying to say that we won't shut up and there in no reason we should :wink:

If you purchase this pack and then make a lot A Haunted House Residential... then you did it to yourself. Whatever "it" is. You can blame no one but yourself if lights flicker in the house, specters appear and the rest of the weirdness.

And No, I can't stop you from complaining about it, but I can point out that it's rather petulant when you simply have to set the house to normal residential. That's your toggle. Use it. Don't inflict your shortsightedness on the rest of us - especially don't ask for it to be tuned down when it's easier for you to just turn it off.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

It’s not about complaining in general it’s about buying pack with specific themes, like vampires, witches, or paranormal activity and then complaining about vampires, witches, and paranormal activity to the point where the devs come in through the next patch and quietly extinguish vampires, witches, and paranormal activity. I paid $20.00 for the vampire pack and was thoroughly enjoying it until the forums and Twitter filled with complaints and within a couple of patches I now haven’t had a vampire break in for ages. So, I paid $20.00 for this pack specifically for this gameplay that is now all but gone, I feel that it should either be restored or I should get $10.00 back since half of the pack is now gone. It went from being a pack I absolutely loved to being a pack I mostly ignore because honestly it’s a glorified stuff pack at this point. The vampires don’t act like vampires they’re just sims with pointy teeth and eyes that glow.

I haven’t had an alien abduction in literally years now. Players were given a toggle in the settings to turn off the effects of temperature on their sims, but still complained so much still that weather related deaths basically got tuned out of the game entirely. Same with Murphy beds, you could just not buy the bed, or upgrade it to avoid the death, but no. People bought it, refused to upgrade it and poof! That was gone. Vending machine deaths came pre-nerfed in that you have to force the heck out of that situation to make it happen at all, which basically guarantees it never will.

Then the best part? The part that causes me to break into hysterical laughter? Many of these same people are the ones in threads stating this game is shallow, or lacks “meaningful” gameplay. What it lacks is any real element of surprise. It’s a life simulation game, and people want “realism”, tell me, how realistic is it to move through life and never ever have something happen that you didn’t expect?
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Because I'm the one to buy any occult pack on the release date? ;) I love all the supernatural stuff in The Sims, that's why I'm among the players who suffer from intrusive gameplay features most of all. I can't just "switch off" a pack because I enjoy it generally. But some features are designed as everyone would enjoy this type of gameplay. I wish the devs won't make these mistakes in the future, the Paranormal Stuff pack gives me such hope, since all the features are optional and have difficulty settings.

You seem incredibly hypocritical tbh. "I love supernatural content but I want it to never be in game unless I activate it."
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    WolfNate wrote: »

You seem incredibly hypocritical tbh. "I love supernatural content but I want it to never be in game unless I activate it."

Yes, that's it. What's hypocritical about it? ;)
    Supernatural lifestates are a very specific part of the gameplay. It needs a lot of caution to be introduced properly.

DaWaterRat wrote: »

If you purchase this pack and then make a lot A Haunted House Residential... then you did it to yourself. Whatever "it" is. You can blame no one but yourself if lights flicker in the house, specters appear and the rest of the weirdness.

Who speaks about making a lot Haunted type? I love how it works in the Paranormal pack. I wish there were the same mechanics for vampires and spellcasters.
    It's really strange how people are arguing on this topic. I hope that the Paranormal GP's decision will work well for both sides.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    That's why toggles would work better imo...
    Some of us want to have all the control over the occults that come into play in each save.
    Others (like me) would like more inpredictability in their game (either related to occults or with other features...).
    Who's right and who's wrong? Nobody! It's just what feels better for each one of us...
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »

As hard as I am on Maxis in my elderly years, I think sometimes they really can't please this generation of players. It's why we had modders to remove any bhavs we didn't want on any object and make it simply decorative. They actually can't win with this generation of players who don't want 'triggered' play AKA machines on the lot which would trigger the gameplay and or toggles. I actually have some sympathy for Maxis today which I haven't had since TS4's release. If I don't want my Sims abducted in TS2 I don't buy them a more expensive telescope (trigger play). Trigger play is more sandbox because it allows the player to decide which household will run up against a situation and or not. But with the idea people just want stuff in a house because it looks nice or more realistic should mean they have to go out and find a modder to remove the bhavs in my opinion. Nerfing features after someone pays for them so someone can decorate and then demand a removal is rather selfish in my opinion. If someone doesn't want a feature in a pack then they have the freedom not to buy it. Extractions are done every day whether Maxis knows it or not. Why should anyone have to buy a particular home to do laundry. It's triggered by the machines, don't want the gameplay remove the machines, or mod out the functions and or download a decorative set.

Woooooosh :) Take out washing machine and insert any occult.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Everyone pays for the pack, not only you. So why your opinion must be put above the other players'? Those who want to have magic here and there (but not everywhere), plus those who wanted a lovely sofa, plus those who collect every pack - they are... I mean we are - the majority. So our complaints will be heard. And we will complain if some gameplay is ruining our saves.

Haha, you think that because it's something you do that the majority do it? 😂
    No one has any way of knowing whether they are the "majority" or a "minority". EA have stated that there are 20 million people actively playing the Sims 4. How could you possibly know whether people who buy all the packs are the majority of the Sims 4 players?
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Many of these same people are the ones in threads stating this game is shallow, or lacks “meaningful” gameplay. What it lacks is any real element of surprise. It’s a life simulation game, and people want “realism”, tell me, how realistic is it to move through life and never ever have something happen that you didn’t expect?

This is exactly why I don't want the game to be "realistic". Sims is supposed to be a game and an escape from real life. I think a lot of those who complain about the game not being "realistic" forget that.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I'll complain about the 500 euros I spent to get the entire game then. :P
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Even realism player who bought ROM still complain about Spellcaster being too intrusive eventhough they are contained within magic realm, just because some of the spellcasters used broom to travel, seen some posts about it.

I've seen realism players complain about spellcasters, vampires and mermaids being "intrusive" just by being assigned NPC job-rolls or doing neighbourhood walk-bys. Their definition of "intrusive" is extremely oversensitive imho.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    bella_goth wrote: »
    @Pamtastic72 yes there will always be ppl complaining about anything, but i'm pretty sure after adding way more toggles (they could even have intensity levels) a LOT less people would complain. the sims has never been a 100% realistic life simulator and it shouldn't have to be, but it has always been a game about customization and i think it would benefit a lot by adding toggles, not only for the complainers but also to adapt the gameplay to each player and to give devs more freedom when trying to implement a specific feature.

But @bella_goth they added TWO toggles for weather, one of which totally prevents sims dying from extreme temps in Seasons and people still complained until weather death got nerfed! That’s what I am saying. Toggles don’t seem to matter because they complain anyway and then the feature gets patched out.

This is what I've been saying too, along with there shouldn't be a need for toggles, not when the packs themselves are the toggle (in reference to RoM and Vampires). Like it's super easy to skip out on a pack because you don't like a feature, be it a main or side feature. But to buy it for a handful of decore and clothing items to then turn around and demand a nerf for a CORE GAMEPLAY MECHANIC, they really only have themselves to blame. You'll find that more often than not these people who demand nerfing of supernatural elements are the same ones who'll turn around and say TS4 is lacking in gameplay mechanics and fun things to do. Gee, I wonder why. /s
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Things should never get nerfed after you've paid good money for it.

If EA can't add a toggle of some sort to appease those who need avoidance then it should just be left alone.

I like it when they give us choices. Like how you can select to disallow vampires/solicitors/neighbours by clicking on your front door if you want to - that way, I can have them in some games and avoid them in others. The game should be all about choices.

But it is very annoying when they nerf stuff. Like the murphy bed from Tiny Living. I tried so hard to get a sim killed with that thing lol, never managed it. And then it got nerfed and hardly ever even breaks any more. Except that they didn't need to nerf it because there were already ways in-game you could avoid it - use a different bed, or get your handiness skill up to make it unbreakable. Sigh.

I think we should campaign to get everything put back the way it was! :D:D:D

Oh so they did nerf the murphey bed? I thought we won that fight😆 I don't use it often.

My issue with the murphy bed was that the fail animation happened all too frequently, not that it caused death. I just felt that the percentage of the object failing needed to be dilled back, not completely nerfed. :-/
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Some people like to have both realistic saves where there are no occults in them and unrealistic saves where occults are.

Having options to prevent occults from spawning in a save unless activated would be necessary for those players to not have to continuously scrutinize their realistic save to remove occults from them.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

man just.. what? your comment is closed minded. you can like a certain thing but there's no need to worship it, and there's no need to call people hypocritical just cuz their opinion goes beyond black & white. bruh