Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Complain if You Buy The Pack

Can we please try to be civil and not go "I moved my sim in a haunted house and now the ghosts are wreaking havoc and I don't wanna deal with this plz newrf or get rid of em plz n ty." I hate when people buy a fantasy pack then whine about it not being realistic. If you want only the clothing and furniture then go find a mod with all of it added but not the supernatural mechanics. It's this behavior that makes us into fantasy elements feel EA doesn't put effort cuz the loudest part of fandom is everyone dissing fantasy elements. Now if you buy it expect the spectors to get in your face a lot
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

• Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Agreed. Everyone knows what they are getting when they buy the pack, hopefully toggles for occults will be added in the near future.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    So far I only see one people complaining about this pack already, hope they wont grow in number for when the pack eventually released.

Just noticed that all the posters in this thread has occult profile picture lol.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    So far I only see one people complaining about this pack already, hope they wont grow in number for when the pack eventually released.

Just noticed that all the posters in this thread has occult profile picture lol.

Of course we want the occult features to be as strong :tongue:
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2021
    I get annoyed with the nerfing with the Sims 4 too. Happened ever since Get to Work and usually by people that don't end up buying the pack anyways which seems unfair for those of us that do. Sims has always been a mix of fantasy and reality and I get tired of the extreme reality or fantasy only requests which is so not the Sims or its identity. It is a satire of life game and was designed that way. Catering to either extreme isn't good and makes me miss EPs having life states in them because it was such a nice mix of having reality and fantasy in packs. Not like we will get any new life states with the pack anyways, it is paranormal pack of existing features we've had in the game before even though having Bonehilda back is really cool. Also sorry for killing the avatar mood. I had my self-Sim mermaid as an avatar picture before if that counts.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2021
    Don't see why people would complain if it's optional (I'm sure there will be those handful out of the bunch to complain about something tho. Complaining about the haunting in a haunted house? XD). It's basically like choosing the tiny home option lot type. Everything in this pack seems optional. Only thing that will be a thing coming to base game is a fear emotion (which I welcome very much).

Or am I wrong about the optional thing? :open_mouth:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I get annoyed with the nerfing with the Sims 4 too. Happened ever since Get to Work and usually by people that don't end up buying the pack anyways which seems unfair for those of us that do. Sims has always been a mix of fantasy and reality and I get tired of the extreme reality or fantasy only requests which is so not the Sims or its identity. It is a satire of life game and was designed that way. Catering to either extreme isn't good and makes me miss EPs having life states in them because it was such a nice mix of having reality and fantasy in packs. Not like we will get any new life states with the pack anyways, it is paranormal pack of existing features we've had in the game before even though having Bonehilda back is really cool. Also sorry for killing the avatar mood. I had my self-Sim mermaid as an avatar picture before if that counts.

Oh I never complain about paciks other then not my thin or the next pack sounds stupid but I bought get famous first then vampires so I like realism too I just hate when ppl act like it's 'wrong' to have fantasy stuff
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Don't see why people would complain if it's optional (I'm sure there will be those handful out of the bunch to complain about something tho. Complaining about the haunting in a haunted house? XD). It's basically like choosing the tiny home option lot type. Everything in this pack seems optional. Only thing that will be a thing coming to base game is a fear emotion (which I welcome very much).

Or am I wrong about the optional thing? :open_mouth:

More just being dramatic that every occult pack comes out ppl complain the occult features are too 'widespread' when they bought hoping that buying it for clothes mean they'll never have to run into the mechanics then complaining to point EA patch things when they run into occult stuff. It's this behavior a lot of us feel the occult mechanics we do get suck...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Even realism player who bought ROM still complain about Spellcaster being too intrusive eventhough they are contained within magic realm, just because some of the spellcasters used broom to travel, seen some posts about it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    izecson wrote: »
    Even realism player who bought ROM still complain about Spellcaster being too intrusive eventhough they are contained within magic realm, just because some of the spellcasters used broom to travel, seen some posts about it.

Exactly point I'm making with this thread don't buy it if you do don't complain and lead EA to patch it...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    There will always be moaning one way or the other, that's the only thing we know for sure when a new pack is to be released ;) I don't worry, because quite often a new pack's main features get toned down a bit in the long run. And - the more packs you added, the less impact each pack will have - a sim's action queue is only so long ...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    There will always be moaning one way or the other, that's the only thing we know for sure when a new pack is to be released ;) I don't worry, because quite often a new pack's main features get toned down a bit in the long run. And - the more packs you added, the less impact each pack will have - a sim's action queue is only so long ...

Not sure "all content gewts nerfed' is a good attiude for a game to give you this is a single player game not an mmo
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited January 2021
    WolfNate wrote: »

Not sure "all content gewts nerfed' is a good attiude for a game to give you this is a single player game not an mmo

Oh, if you think the pack did not add enough features, or not strong enough features, I agree down scaling would be bad. But my impression is that most complaints come from those liking the new stuff for a few weeks, then not so much. Say if you play rotationally you won't like all your househoulds to be haunted. Or all to become famous. Or all to clean the Sulani beach. That said, those not wanting haunted stuff should perhaps rather skip the pack and allow the core fan more and stronger spooky elements. That might be the basics of adding packs any way, grab what you want, skip what you don't want so much...

PS: About the balancing of features, I mostly referred to actions and events not triggered by the simmer. Like frequency of bad stuff happen, or actions initiated by NPCs. There could still be ways to trigger the same stuff for those who like it - say by adding lot traits or reading up on specific skills etc. EA normally won't - and should not - down scale those effects.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Honestly, I think more people will be complaining about the new scared emotion than the haunted house.
    Eh but people will always complain, we'll see...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi :)
    some people on this thread that doesn't like seeing others complaining. It's a forum for all simmer, not our personal email. one of u said maybe they should quit the game. I have a solution, how about you just avoid those threads and ignore the posts.
    nobody is forcing us to go into them in the first place.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Agreed. There is no reason to buy the pack if you dont like the gameplay.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think it's okay to complain. I mean, look at things like Get Famous. Being Famous can get pretty annoying. However it's a completely different thing to go around demanding that the game be actually nerfed. I mean, there's an on-off switch for fame which I know I don't use. And if you don't have a way to wash your laundry, it won't actually get dirty.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    some people on this thread that doesn't like seeing others complaining. It's a forum for all simmer, not our personal email. one of u said maybe they should quit the game. I have a solution, how about you just avoid those threads and ignore the posts.
    nobody is forcing us to go into them in the first place.

I don't care about complainers in general. we just don't want to see content we pay for get nerfed.
    Personally I don't think this pack will be one of them. It's an avoidable lot type. The fear emotion is the one to worry about.
    I think we got lucky they didn't nerf the murphey bed😬

Out of all the nerfs the one that still boild my blood is the fame nerf! I loved those crowd of people falling al my feet every two steps 😭😭😭 it was perfectly avoided with a lower fame level or a disguise. Content changed before release doesn't bother me as much. But once I paid for it according to the way it was advertised I want the full intense experience that was offered. Feels really wrong to change it especially when they ALWAYS make ways to avoid it!!!!!!!!

Vampire breakins wasn't that frequent but all they had to do was use garlic...😭😭😭 I still have no use for that stuff now.
    I still remember vlad trying to break into my campsite in granite falls and me desperately trying to lock gates and buy garlic. Good times😢....good times.....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Wow Fame got nerfed? I not played it in awhile how so?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Wow Fame got nerfed? I not played it in awhile how so?

I have an old video somewhere of how fans use to act when you were celebrity. I recorded it to show my sister around the time it first came out. Darnnit they would go crazzzzzzzzzy for you. Fainting left and right, screaming, cheering. Paparazzi galore. It was intense but that was fun in being 5star famous!! It felt like a real celebrity where they can't even walk without surrounding themselves with bodyguards as they fight through a crowd.

And I could easily put on a disguise when I didn't want any attention at all.
    People complained the fans were too much. Now they barely acknowledge my 5 star sim. I thought it was broken at first I kept cheating the fame level up and down wondering why they are not reacting like before. I did a celebrity cleanse and started over just to see that would fix the problem and nope. Then I went on social media and found out much later what happened. If you didn't want so much attention you didn't have to become a 5 star!! The attention increased with each star.😭

Sims just stop and ask for an autograph here and there now. I use a fame mod just to get more fans and reactions, though it helps it's still not the same. I mostly get obsessive stalkers lol 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(