Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Complain if You Buy The Pack

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why couldn't they just give a phone off option?

I’ve been hoping for something like this from day 1. Most of my sims are not the “phone type”. I sometimes want to snatch the darn thing out of their hands. Like in real life. Just flush it through the toilet. 😒

Lol 😂 I had to use a mod for no anonymous phone use. I was trying to set up this tense apocalyptic style feel with poverty and they kept taking selfies with those duck lips. I'm like 😑 it annoys me to no end. I really wish we had an option to get rid of this in general
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I suppose that makes sense, if they are complaining that it has paranormal content at all, as the theme was pretty clear from the title of it. If it's complaining about how the paranormal content works though, then I'd think they are valid complaints as everyone wants it to work differently. Sometimes it's a thin line, I guess.

It's pretty difficult to justify calls for a nerf about how it works, when as already stated, there are multiple ways to calm it down or make the activity stop altogether.

The people that have posted here are using this thread to voice their satisfaction with the pack.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wish my sims were cowering in fear, they’re mostly just canceling interactions to run across the lot to ask the spectres if a hotdog is a sandwich or whatever they talk about. It’s like how sims were obsessed with the talking toilet, not anything ghost related. I had to use mccc to disable the attempt to communicate interaction.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    It is not just supernatural gameplay that gets altered, even regular stuff like phone calls get toned down. It is annoying when things you like get nerfed to the point of not happening anymore. They need to figure this out so they wont upset any simmers in the future with uncalled for changes. I think this pack being not very intrusive will help with it not getting many complaints. It is still kinda annoying for people who want supernatural gameplay to be very present in their game and yet they have to seek it out, like with spellcasters being witchy mainly in their little town or whatever. I dont know the way to balance this out, even toggles dont seem like they would be enough.

I'm still sour about the invites and phone calls 😖😖😖

Oh I'm never going to get over that. I'm so tired of the phones ringing only for job opportunities. :(
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    It is not just supernatural gameplay that gets altered, even regular stuff like phone calls get toned down. It is annoying when things you like get nerfed to the point of not happening anymore. They need to figure this out so they wont upset any simmers in the future with uncalled for changes. I think this pack being not very intrusive will help with it not getting many complaints. It is still kinda annoying for people who want supernatural gameplay to be very present in their game and yet they have to seek it out, like with spellcasters being witchy mainly in their little town or whatever. I dont know the way to balance this out, even toggles dont seem like they would be enough.

Same, Sure the "I heard you became friends with YOUR SON," phonecalls were a bit on the extreme side. But I missed the calls I'd get from my befriended vampires, "Caleb/Vlad/Lilith/rando-townie-vampire has something important he/she'd like to ask you, would you like to go over to his/her house?" Like it was a nice way of having my sim become a vampire, like the NPC vampire treasured their friendship so much that they wanted to remain friends for eternity. Which I found incredibly sweet.
    I also miss the dinner dates/invites out to eat, I want those back, made dating and befriending townies very easy. Drat it all, I just want the phone-calls back.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm tired of the phones too. Also, I think it's weird that the sims can still play with their phones even when they live off the grid.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Oh I'm never going to get over that. I'm so tired of the phones ringing only for job opportunities. :(

Yeah, back when they said they'd toned done phone calls, I was so excited. But somehow they forgot to tone down the job opportunity calls.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Yeah, back when they said they'd toned done phone calls, I was so excited. But somehow they forgot to tone down the job opportunity calls.

Yep, and the only "date" calls my sims get now are to non Dine Out locations.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

Same, Sure the "I heard you became friends with YOUR SON," phonecalls were a bit on the extreme side. But I missed the calls I'd get from my befriended vampires, "Caleb/Vlad/Lilith/rando-townie-vampire has something important he/she'd like to ask you, would you like to go over to his/her house?"

i still had that call from Caleb some time ago. he invited my sim to his house & asked her if she wanted to become a vampire to which i put yes, of course lol oh and i also have Vlad telling my sims their neck is lovely every now and then
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    If there's one thing I hate, it's laundry. I hate the way things get dirty so fast, that then my Sims leave it lying around and get Uncomfortable and just seem incapable of doing laundry in any way even slightly efficiently. However there's something I've noticed - if you don't like doing laundry, don't buy laundry machines. I didn't go and ask for Laundry to be nerfed for 'realism' players, but it's the realism players who demanded something tedious like Laundry and then said it was too hard to be part of the game.

But I love including a washing machine and dryer in my builds. It makes the house look nice! I just don't want laundry! So they should get rid of laundry. They should make it a lot trait that people who want laundry have to slot on every house! Just in case I visit one of these houses though, their sims should never do the laundry autonomously. I don't want any of that in my game!

such a selfish post I EVER read :o

you want laundry items but not laundry. there's plenty of decorations only items out there:s

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    edited March 2021
    marcel21 wrote: »

you want laundry items but not laundry. there's plenty of decorations only items out there:s

I'd like you to look up a word in the dictionary ... it's called "sarcasm".
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I'd like you to look up a word in the dictionary ... it's called "sarcasm".

I don't think you have quite got the hang of sarcasm. ;)B)