Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Sims' Fear!

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    @CelSims

Thanks would you mind me reporting that the XML mod is working fine on the broken mods thread. I did ask about it on that thread first but nothing had been reported so far.

I am so into that immersive vampire mod I really cannot believe I missed it before. It will probably be tomorrow for me now as I am getting tired. I look forward to reading about your testing of the those mods as that will be really interesting :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The fear emotion sounds some what disappointing. I haven’t experienced it yet in my game but reading this makes me already disappointed in it. They don’t get scared of vampires or actual ghosts? I’m actually so sad about this.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    They didn't forget the Trick or Treat bowl :) My ghost was scared by a trick and ran to hide under her bed covers.
  • Options
    intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021
    if you want to start a fear frenzy, i recommend sending your sims to von haunt manor at night. i had them look at the paintings a few times, and within minutes mimsy went and possessed something and freaked them all out. i've also found that anytime the scared moodlet is overridden, you can have them go look at the painting repeatedly, which causes mimsy to possess something again (making the fear/screaming increase).

in the end i got my sims up to a scared +3 moodlet that didn't fade until mimsy left in the morning.

ABxZKAV.png
  • Options
    HarvellHarvell Posts: 14 New Member
    Storm Chaser Sims are now scared of thunderstorms, so they didn't think that one through.
  • Options
    @XxTigertailxX

Thats really funny :)

@Harvell

Of course they did :s
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    The fear emotion sounds some what disappointing. I haven’t experienced it yet in my game but reading this makes me already disappointed in it. They don’t get scared of vampires or actual ghosts? I’m actually so sad about this.

I dont think there is any Vampire-related moodlet that was previously make the human sims tense or feeling of being hunted for being around them, I hope they added one in the future.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

I dont think there is any Vampire-related moodlet that was previously make the human sims tense or feeling of being hunted for being around them, I hope they added one in the future.

I always thought it was weird that sims don’t react to ghosts or vampires. I was hoping the scared emotion would fix this but I guess not. I’m a little disappointed but I will just have to deal with it. It makes sense for them to be scared of these occult’s. Hopefully they will revisit the scared emotion at some point and not just abandon it after this pack.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    Idk I feel like its good they didnt add scared buffs to occults at least yet because it would just be nonsense if my vampire was scared of his wife performing magic or his wife got scared of him having feasts in the dining room

like i would love for some sims to get scared by these things but if so there really has to be trait that disables being scared by occults maybe even each occult separately

motherplant though? definitely should be feared until defeated and oh maybe plantsims could have advantage of not fearing motherplant? *winkwink*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @Sharonia

sims do react to vamps they ruin every vamp-human relationship for all the wrong reasons-) one growl or vamp hand movement in a public place and that's it other sims avoid them more out of disgust than being scared so I agree it makes sense for other sims to be scared of them but for the right reason as a predator lol I too thought we would get a fear emotion from vamps but apparently not.

@Simmingal

I like to play my supernaturals together so vamps-witches/warlocks and soon to be mediums but there is no way no matter how I have to find a way to get around it are any of my vamps going to be scared by anything/anybody including a magic spouse using spells or anything else out there in the world that may come along either lol :)

CelSims Pointed me in the direction of a mod where as player can choose how other sims react to each other via the settings in the mod. I have had a quick look at it tonight and am defo going to try it out.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/immersive-29132604
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    My fellow went to Forgotten Hollow to check out the secret area and a thunderstorm kicked up. A thunderstorm is just a +3 Fear Buff though and he did fishing and digging right there in the rain.

In the circumstances a few extra Fear Buffs might be a good idea, as long as it doesn't damage gameplay. Even so it felt stupid when in Strangeville my Botanophobia was overruled by brushing my teeth.

Tense hasn't been completely removed.

Presumably the Paranormal Stuff pack will provide us with a few more strong Fear Moodlets, and maybe the Patchers will have another look at Fear now that it's being used.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Was testing a few things and I noticed during a thunderstorm the majority of sims will be running in fear when caught in it. I kinda like it really. Rather than being tense and walking at their leisure during a bad thunderstorm.

ymmVeEy.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    To me it feels like they kinda forgot about Vampires?
    Or maybe they haven't gotten arround to them yet? I hope they will update them later.
    Cause there are alot of things were vamps are missing or missing out.
    They are not even mentioned in the decription of the new "brave" trait btw. only ghosts and skelletons are mentioned.

Also I would love a vamp who has the "influence emotions" skill to be able to make all sims scared.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Idk I feel like its good they didnt add scared buffs to occults at least yet because it would just be nonsense if my vampire was scared of his wife performing magic or his wife got scared of him having feasts in the dining room

like i would love for some sims to get scared by these things but if so there really has to be trait that disables being scared by occults maybe even each occult separately

motherplant though? definitely should be feared until defeated and oh maybe plantsims could have advantage of not fearing motherplant? *winkwink*

I really like this idea!! I think traits are the best way to remedy this. Because as I said before I don't want occults or human occult friends and family to be scared of eachother. But it make sense to be scared of a strange vampire you don't even know.
    Traits that determine this may be the best solution.

I think this is the first step with the fear emotion as they can add to it and balance it out as they see what works and doesn't work in actual play.
    I understand they probably didn't want to overdue it and sims end up in constant fear. That would be annoying too 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Or maybe they haven't gotten arround to them yet? I hope they will update them later.
    They are not even mentioned in the decription of the new "brave" trait btw. only ghosts and skelletons are mentioned.

Also I would love a vamp who has the "influence emotions" skill to be able to make all sims scared.

Don't vampires have a top tier perk which makes Sims uncomfortable around them? Think Vlad has it. Shouldn't that be where the fear emotion is triggered?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @RavenSpit

I agree so later I am going to try and test Zer0s vamp mod where it appears to resolve these issues :) Vampires can kill (compatible with latest patch)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43191218

@Babykittyjade

while I understand a need for protecting supernatural/human relationships to change at some point there is going to have to be some sort of system where we as players have choices so we all get to play the storylines we want. I Also enjoy playing varied storylines including RL play so I would prefer to have all those choices at my disposal too.

@chickenow

I am not sure about that I would have to do some further checking.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »

I'm sure we'll being some tweaks with this emotion for sure.

Though, I forgot if there was a buff that made sims tense around Vampires? I can't really remember if not, makes sense to why it was there. Though if sims would start getting scared around vampires, that's probably gonna be problematic for sims that are in a household with that sim or friends with them if they're always scared around them. :lol:

I do definitely think sims should be scared when Vampires drink from other sims without permission or when they have uncontrollable hissing or breaking into a lot.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I don't think Sims should fear Vampires by default, but I do think a Vampire's actions should trigger it. Like when they feed without permission. That's an aggressive act from a Vampire and both the victim and bystanders should freak out. Some Vampire powers and weaknesses should also inflict fear, like Uncontrollable Hissing.

And I think certain Spellcaster spells should inflict fear or terror. Setting someone on fire or electrocuting them should definitely trigger it. And when a Mermaid tries to drown a Sim they should panic.

I just think it needs to be incorporated a little better with Occults, and Occults should have an immunity to their own fearful acts.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    Any sims should have been scared by vampire by default unless they have a good relationship with the said vampire or they have brave trait, even normal sims who have a good relationship with vampire but had a recent heated argument should trigger the vampire fear moodlet.

Also by witnessing vampire changing to dark form or seeing their dark form should trigger fear moodlet.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I don't think Sims should fear Vampires by default, but I do think a Vampire's actions should trigger it. Like when they feed without permission. That's an aggressive act from a Vampire and both the victim and bystanders should freak out. Some Vampire powers and weaknesses should also inflict fear, like Uncontrollable Hissing.

And I think certain Spellcaster spells should inflict fear or terror. Setting someone on fire or electrocuting them should definitely trigger it. And when a Mermaid tries to drown a Sim they should panic.

I just think it needs to be incorporated a little better with Occults, and Occults should have an immunity to their own fearful acts.

Hmm...
    Well if mermaid uses siren's call on other sims, the victim will have all needs drained low, so scared moodlet for that should be really strong to beat those uncomfortable moodlets from hunger, bladder, low energy, and bad hygiene.
    Though if mermaid does summon an ocean threat to sims, they will become scared. Though I'm sure the second moodlet that comes from being pulled underwater by an ocean threat randomly still is uncomfortable (but then again, this moodlet triggers death by drowning and disappears as soon as sim begins drowning, so...).
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited January 2021
    I want different levels of fear, a paranormal agent, soldier, secret agent and detective would not be so easily scared. An avarage Sim I expect to be scared of criminals, vampires, mermaids, aliens and magicians since they would be out of the normal
  • Options

It's these sorts of ideas regarding vamps & spellcasters I would like to see in the game but triggered via players through the supernaturals they are playing..
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't want sims to be scared of occults by default. I agree that the optimum thing would be to be afraid of their actions... especially if they don't know them. I play ghost houses where I don't want them to fear each other or for other household members to fear them. I could be okay with people they don't know fearing them but there would have to be a way to get over it once they know them. I guess the courageous trait would be okay if used for this but then it would make it so they suddenly fear no ghosts or vampires or whatever might come. That could be limiting in ways you want to play the game. Maybe you want to play a good vampire with human friends... and play his nemesis the evil vampire that scares the crud out of everyone..
    I'm pretty sure they didn't make them scared of ghosts or vampires by default because it would mess with many saves that people are already engaged in playing.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    logion wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Well, one of the asylum just autonomously fed on some one whilst at a museum trip. No one batted an eyelid. I'm underwhelmed.

Also, there is no option for fear if you use 'Surge Emotion'. The closest is 'on edge', which is tense. D:

Yeah. First thing I did was go into a Vampire household. Some mortal came knocking on the door so they let him in and fed on him. After she regained consciousness, she hung around with no reaction.

So I took them all to the park. There were three Sims standing around talking. Dropped one of them with a deep drink and the most I got was the other two made a quick shocked reaction and then went back to smiling, happily talking about grilled cheese.

Um...did the devs completely forget Vampires when they made the Scared emotion??

From what I understood from simGuruConor's tweet, in this update he mostly changed emotions in the game where it would make sense for sims to be scared where they usually were tense. For example sims being scared of thunderstorms where they usually would be tense.

That means that if sims were not tense or reacting to vampires before, they will probably not be scared now either.

I think it would be absolute that Sims would be scared of Vampires, there is no reason that they would not.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Unpopular opinion here but I don't think they should change it. I want my sims to be able to socialize with vampires, ghosts, spellcasters, even the grim reaper without fear. I could understand if they were scared after an occult did something scary to or around said sim, but otherwise it would get old real quick. Besides we all know EA has a tendency of going too far in one direction after they call themselves 'fixing" something. I'd rather just keep it like it is than have to deal with my friendly vampire/ghost/alien scaring every human sim they come it contact with for no other reason than they are an occult.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn