Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery having trouble connecting?

Comments

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    The Gallery has been down for days now. Yet the devs have the audacity to brag about a new Stuff Pack coming out in Jan. Typical laziness and greed of Maxis. "Why fix what we break when we can just make more bugs with more money grabbing?" Maxis, 2021.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Well I had a brief moment where I could connect very late last night but now it seems to be gone again. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Well I had a brief moment where I could connect very late last night but now it seems to be gone again. :/

I wonder if it is anything to do with getting the Gallery ready for the next pack coming out? One is being trailed on the 12th January according to the Gurus on Twitter.
  • Options
    readysimmer1readysimmer1 Posts: 7 New Member
    In game, when I try to connect to the gallery, I get the message ' You must have The Sims 4 registered to your EA account to access online features'. My Sims 4 games are Already Registered to my EA account, and have been for Many Years. Also, when I come to this forum to sign in, I get a message, Every Time, asking for an Email verification code. This is Not about peoples computers, or about their antivirus or firewalls ! Fix this Please !
  • Options
    LadyEveLadyEve Posts: 38 Member
    I have these mentioned problems as well ;(
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited January 2021
    I was playing last night and had absolutely no problem connecting with Origin or with the gallery.
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • Options
    companyofwolvescompanyofwolves Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem and getting the same message. I have tried what has worked for some and it did not work for me (signing out of Origin, restarting machine, signing back into Origin then starting the sims from Origin). I have no mods, no CC, no scripts running, nothing changed about my game other than suddenly not being able to access the gallery (for a few days now). Frustrated.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The gallery internet is always weird for me. I have to constantly reconnect even though my wifi connection is strong.
  • Options
    lalalandgirlfriendlalalandgirlfriend Posts: 55 Member
    Hello,

I'm having a lot of trouble connecting to the Sims 4 gallery. After taking a break for a few months I've decided to play the Sims again. Origin wasn't working properly, and after a very long day of contacting support I've finally got the game running and all the packs downloaded. However, It won't let me connect to the gallery because it says I need an EA account registered with it, which I do. I've never had this problem before and I've tried all of the steps people have said to try online, like resetting origin and disabling firewalls etc. I am on a Mac on the latest big sur version. Any help?
  • Options
    Same! Won't let me connect and there seem to be no other issues.
  • Options
    Having the exact same problem, it says my EA account is not registered. I'm playing on a Mac.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Currently cannot connect to gallery either, worked fine the other day. Nothing has changed. Seems to me the gallery server is done - maybe a better question is can anybody connect as of this moment on Wed the 6th?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Currently cannot connect to gallery either, worked fine the other day. Nothing has changed. Seems to me the gallery server is done - maybe a better question is can anybody connect as of this moment on Wed the 6th?

I was on the in game gallery this morning and have been on the online gallery on and off all day. I even went over to Origin and it worked fine also.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No problems, except the usual need to connect every time I open the gallery. Don't know why it keeps sending me offline, when I'm clearly always connected to the internet.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    It's still not working for me. It's just stuck at attempting to connect.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I built a house yesterday and went to upload it but unabledto connect online. Tried again today but still can't connect. Hope they find out whatever is causing this issue soon.
  • Options
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > It's still not working for me. It's just stuck at attempting to connect.

Same, and tried all fixes. Why does it seems these posts have been broken up into separate post ? I was on earlier and there were like 15 pages.
  • Options
    afiery1afiery1 Posts: 56 Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > It's still not working for me. It's just stuck at attempting to connect.

Same, and tried all fixes. Why does it seems these posts have been broken up into separate post ? I was on earlier and there were like 15 pages.

Same thing here. And yes, why was the thread broken up into several threads?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @aws200 wrote: »
    The Gallery has been down for days now. Yet the devs have the audacity to brag about a new Stuff Pack coming out in Jan. Typical laziness and greed of Maxis. "Why fix what we break when we can just make more bugs with more money grabbing?" Maxis, 2021.

Not Defending Maxis Developers but this is very very typical actually on all EA. (The internet connection issues). This is why The Sims is the only game that I buy in this company because it is an offline game. Their biggest cashgrab (FIFA) even have the worst connectivity issues and even up to this point it barely works, yet this is the franchise that earns them the most. EA really wanted to have online games but are bad at their own freakin servers. So glad The Sims games are online.
  • Options
    StarratsStarrats Posts: 288 Member
    it's working again for me <3
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
  • Options
    MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    It's working for me again...little slower than usual but I'm not complaining! I have my house hunting gallery back up!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Mine is back as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    > @catmando830 said:
    > I was playing last night and had absolutely no problem connecting with Origin or with the gallery.

As I said before in a post that was just marked 'closed'. Just because one persons game is working doesn't mean everyone else has a game that's working. This is entirely unhelpful, please stop trying to derail the need to bring this to the attention of the devs, as it needs to be fixed. Thank you.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I've been having this issue as well.

I will attempt to connect a few times and it says it won't reconnect, but after a few tries of it sitting and loading then failing to connect, i'll exit the gallery but then go back in and it works. It's glitchy.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Misslizard wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Anybody else finding that your internet is fine but gallery refuses to connect??

OMG YES! It drives me nuts! It does connect for me now, at least it did last night, it may not now. I turned the game and my computer off for a bit and when I came back into the game, it connected. I hope they fix this!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!