Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Stuffpack Paranomal SP Revealed

Comments

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    What about the wotld reveal in green?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    So I'm guessing that means we won't be getting a Ghost overhaul to be able to create them in CAS? Or all three careers. Or a cemetery lot type. Or, most of all, a Fear emotion and Sim fears.

I'm happy we're getting it, but sad about limitations. But it's still too soon to make a final judgement. Some Stuff Packs are bulkier than others so I'm just going to hope there's a few cool and unexpected things in it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited January 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    So I'm guessing that means we won't be getting a Ghost overhaul to be able to create them in CAS? Or all three careers. Or a cemetery lot type. Or, most of all, a Fear emotion and Sim fears.

I'm happy we're getting it, but sad about limitations. But it's still too soon to make a final judgement. Some Stuff Packs are bulkier than others so I'm just going to hope there's a few cool and unexpected things in it.

Totally agree.
    The fact that they filled up an entire Expansion Pack with Eco Lifestyle (which was originally polled as a Stuff Pack), but not make Happy Haunts a Game Pack :/ Just seems like wasted potential, given how popular the idea of Happy Haunts was.
    I'm not expecting much, one career, 2 gameplay items and CAS and BB. That's all
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm looking forward to it and catloverplayer's count down thread to there always so nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Makes me think of the afterlife pack idea I posted a while back. I hope it's a gamepack and that it at least has improved ghosts, but we'll see I guess.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Okay, I am officially convinced it is an SP. The YouTube announcement had #TheSims4StuffPack
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I wanted Happy Haunt as a game pack (or even EP), not just a Stuff Pack..
    But I'll withhold judgment until we actually know the details.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Lol simgurufrost posted a tweet saying he was excited and people told him it isn’t the time, and they must be tone deaf to tweet that today. The tweet was deleted
  • Options
    Lol simgurufrost posted a tweet saying he was excited and people told him it isn’t the time, and they must be tone deaf to tweet that today. The tweet was deleted

Oh gawd. The thing is though, it's never "a good time" because someone is always, always complaining. Oh no, it's not babies. It's not cars. It's not farming. But it's something else that some other people wanted. But that doesn't matter, people are going to riot about anything and everything now. For god's sake, they were crying about makeup just before the announcement. Who cares? Don't buy it. What does makeup have to do with the actual game?

I can't even take the drama seriously anymore. Venting, sure, I get that, but this turning everything into a controversy and not allowing a string of happiness from anyone is childish and old and needs to stop. The U.S. capitol was just under siege in domestic terrorism led by a tyrant who still holds office. This is just a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 video game. People need to take their made-up Sims 4 "controversies" and get a grip on reality.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Oh gawd. The thing is though, it's never "a good time" because someone is always, always complaining. Oh no, it's not babies. It's not cars. It's not farming. But it's something else that some other people wanted. But that doesn't matter, people are going to riot about anything and everything now. For god's sake, they were crying about makeup just before the announcement. Who cares? Don't buy it. What does makeup have to do with the actual game?

I can't even take the drama seriously anymore. Venting, sure, I get that, but this turning everything into a controversy and not allowing a string of happiness from anyone is childish and old and needs to stop. The U.S. capitol was just under siege in domestic terrorism led by a tyrant who still holds office. This is just a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ video game. People need to take their made-up Sims 4 "controversies" and get a grip on reality.
    It’s funny he deleted it and gave in to them
  • Options

I can't even take the drama seriously anymore. Venting, sure, I get that, but this turning everything into a controversy and not allowing a string of happiness from anyone is childish and old and needs to stop. The U.S. capitol was just under siege in domestic terrorism led by a tyrant who still holds office. This is just a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ video game. People need to take their made-up Sims 4 "controversies" and get a grip on reality.

Yeah, I just really wish he wouldn't. Maxis could use a "tough love" approach on Twitter at this point. It's trendy to be angry at your game and yell online these days. There are so few social media sites that are tolerable. I think the forums are still a good place, though.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Yeah, I just really wish he wouldn't. Maxis could use a "tough love" approach on Twitter at this point. It's trendy to be angry at your game and yell online these days. There are so few social media sites that are tolerable. I think the forums are still a good place, though.

I think the Not Today had to do with the mess in DC. Not anything specific to the Sims.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I'm a little bit disappointed that it's a stuff pack but I guess I'll wait and see. Could just be that they are adding some minor refinments to ghosts and stuff.

Though I suspect if graveyards are added as a lot type, people will flip.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I think the Not Today had to do with the mess in DC. Not anything specific to the Sims.

That's a very good point, thank you. I shall recant my tantrum.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Makes me think of the afterlife pack idea I posted a while back. I hope it's a gamepack and that it at least has improved ghosts, but we'll see I guess.

TheSims confirmed it as a stuffpack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Regarding makeup there is most likely more mac makeups coming in the prepatch.
  • Options

Regarding makeup there is most likely more mac makeups coming in the prepatch.

That's fine with me. But I was referring to the actual Mac brand makeup that people were fussing about. I think it's nonsensical.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Is it definitely a Stuff Pack? Because that would be disappointing. A lot of people were hoping Happy Haunts would be a GP.

Remember the leaked stuffpack in September? This is it.

You don't know that for sure. This could still be a gamepack.

Nooooooooooooooooooo...
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So glad its a stuff pack it will make it easier to ignore.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    What's the point of having 'scary' stuff when there's no fear emotion. Looks more like it's directed towards 5 year olds than simmer demographic. I'm getting annoyed, but I hope I'm wrong.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited January 2021
    I’m getting major Scooby Doo vibes from that gif...

Oh and to all realism players: Toddlers came in the Vampires patch...

Just sayin’
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    A Stuff Pack for real....🤔

I suppose Spooky Stuff combined with Spookier Stuff kind of makes it a Game Pack?
    I hope we get a ghost overhaul in the pre-patch. Of course that’s a much bigger feature than a Stuff Pack alone....but it would be lovely jubbly all the same.

I will patiently wait and see what this is actually about. I’d say we might get a new haunted house lot trait, or else the existing one adds extra gameplay elements when the new pack is installed, similar to the way -off the grid- expands with other packs.

A psychic / ghost hunting freelance career offering a seance table as the hero object is the only other thing I can imagine....but nothing beyond that. No Grimmy gameplay, unless the sim has the ability to Reap after reaching the top of the spirit hunting career...

The little green ghosts do very much remind me of Voidcritter familiars.
    I do hope EAxis shows us these cute baby Slimers for marketing purposes only as nowadays kawaii aesthetics seem to attract the wider audience, however...I sure pray we haven’t actually met the truly scary elementals yet....

I know we live in very dark times at the moment, but if they decide to make a haunts inspired pack anyway, it may as well be dark and scary as hell. With the occasional cute blob of course...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm really disappointed that it's a stuff pack. A massive waste of an interesting theme.

We could've been able to play as the grim reaper but instead we're just gonna get some more spooky furniture as if spooky stuff isn't already there... Guessing there'll be some sort of ghost hunting thing from the teasers they're posting, but it's still a stuff pack so it won't be an in depth career. Yay for Spooky Stuff 2.0!

RIP my hopes and dreams for happy haunts.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed that it's a stuff pack. A massive waste of an interesting theme.

We could've been able to play as the grim reaper but instead we're just gonna get some more spooky furniture as if spooky stuff isn't already there... Guessing there'll be some sort of ghost hunting thing from the teasers they're posting, but it's still a stuff pack so it won't be an in depth career. Yay for Spooky Stuff 2.0!

RIP my hopes and dreams for happy haunts.

Maybe if enough people pester the Guru's about wanting proper Happy Haunts pack they'll eventually cave and turn it into an EP, I mean it worked for Eco-Living, so why not Occult stuff?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top