Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby alien skintone not right.

I have a pre pregnant sim in my library to test my baby outfits. I tested them the day we got the new update and had no issues with an old save with three babies already in it, boy, girl and alien. Then I made a new sim and tested a newer darker skintone and it worked perfectly. I was pleased with the results, but Now after I had some Simmers comment that my baby outfits are changing skintones I did a big test and found this ....

Its not my baby outfits (big sigh of relieve :p )

But something is definitely fishy. I am testing this more and more thorough as the day goes along.

Dark mom had beautiful dark baby ... all goods there ;)
Medium mom had dark baby ... mmmm was expecting medium baby
White mom had light baby ... all goods there

Then
Alien mom had light baby ????
Even aged up skintone remained, and baby looked a little evil >:)

E9ee45v.png
WIt1c3j.png
TgkdNez.png

Now I did this testing with a complete Vanilla game to rule out my baby outfits as well.

I am currently planning on testing more skintones to see what happens, but I would say aliens are a little messed up right now :(

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Ps. Has the alien baby outfit always looked like that?

and

Is it just me or do Toddlers appear to be larger than normal?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think the alien baby outfit has always been like that but don't quote me on it.

As for the skin tone, it's been bugged for quite a while. I've seen several alien babies in other people's legacies that didn't have alien skin colours where they should've had.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Yeah, that is definitely a bug. It is possible for a full-blooded alien to be born with human skin as a result of genetic mixing (I've got one in my game) but that doesn't seem like what is going on here. For starters, your mom was straight out of CAS (at least, that's how I interpreted the post). Also, the fact that the baby is wearing the alien onesie indicates to me that they were supposed to have alien skin. (Yes, that is what the alien baby outfit has always looked like. It just looks really, really bad on a human skin tone.)

When my little genetic oddity was born in my game, he wore the standard baby onesie (or rather, a default replacement I had installed) until he became a toddler, at which point he aged into the standard alien diaper. He's been fully alien ever since.

This is him aging up:
    15.png

And here is he and his (human) twin brother as babies-so identical that I'm pretty sure I labeled them wrong.
    26.png

So while it is technically possible to have an alien with human skin, it doesn't look like that's what's happening here. There seems to be an issue with genetics as a whole at the moment, so I'm not surprised that aliens are affected too.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Alien babies' onesie actually have a thin film/specular map over the limbs that make em kinda shiny so it kinda matched with older alien jumpsuits
    a52a99c1482e2d443d5ddabd3c5a2c3d.png
    sry for garbage screenshot, it was the only one i had on hand lmao

Not sure if they just decided to change the textures on them though
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I think the alien baby outfit has always been like that but don't quote me on it.

As for the skin tone, it's been bugged for quite a while. I've seen several alien babies in other people's legacies that didn't have alien skin colours where they should've had.

Oh wow, mmmm I guess I am not a fan of the outfit then LOL

I used this mom before the update to test my baby outfits and her baby came out normal, she is straight from my library as I used her before. This is what her baby usually looks like
    DNuXsKO.png
    AnoobQP.png
    Yeah, that is definitely a bug. It is possible for a full-blooded alien to be born with human skin as a result of genetic mixing (I've got one in my game) but that doesn't seem like what is going on here. For starters, your mom was straight out of CAS (at least, that's how I interpreted the post). Also, the fact that the baby is wearing the alien onesie indicates to me that they were supposed to have alien skin. (Yes, that is what the alien baby outfit has always looked like. It just looks really, really bad on a human skin tone.)

When my little genetic oddity was born in my game, he wore the standard baby onesie (or rather, a default replacement I had installed) until he became a toddler, at which point he aged into the standard alien diaper. He's been fully alien ever since.

This is him aging up:
    15.png

And here is he and his (human) twin brother as babies-so identical that I'm pretty sure I labeled them wrong.
    26.png

So while it is technically possible to have an alien with human skin, it doesn't look like that's what's happening here. There seems to be an issue with genetics as a whole at the moment, so I'm not surprised that aliens are affected too.

Yes she is from my library, she and two other pregnant sims are saved for testing outfits LOL and Yip that is what happened to me too. I did not age up further than toddler, but I suppose the skintone would have stuck, so weird. I do hope they fix it though.

Cement wrote: »
    Alien babies' onesie actually have a thin film/specular map over the limbs that make em kinda shiny so it kinda matched with older alien jumpsuits
    sry for garbage screenshot, it was the only one i had on hand lmao

Not sure if they just decided to change the textures on them though

Aaaah that explains a lot. I have always had shiny little aliens, although these wrong skintoned ones are not shiny so something seriously fishy is going on with their genetics then.

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I have a pre pregnant sim in my library to test my baby outfits. I tested them the day we got the new update and had no issues with an old save with three babies already in it, boy, girl and alien. Then I made a new sim and tested a newer darker skintone and it worked perfectly. I was pleased with the results, but Now after I had some Simmers comment that my baby outfits are changing skintones I did a big test and found this ....

Its not my baby outfits (big sigh of relieve :p )

But something is definitely fishy. I am testing this more and more thorough as the day goes along.

Dark mom had beautiful dark baby ... all goods there ;)
    Medium mom had dark baby ... mmmm was expecting medium baby
    White mom had light baby ... all goods there

Then
    Alien mom had light baby ????
    Even aged up skintone remained, and baby looked a little evil >:)

E9ee45v.png
    WIt1c3j.png
    TgkdNez.png

Now I did this testing with a complete Vanilla game to rule out my baby outfits as well.

I am currently planning on testing more skintones to see what happens, but I would say aliens are a little messed up right now :(

I did a whole test of alien baby skin outcomes using MCCC pregnancies cheats yesterday since one of the skin tones we used to be able to choose for aliens is missing as a selectable option but still showing up in sims who already have it and randomized aliens. And more often than not, I was getting weird new human skin tones instead of alien colors. I don't know how much genetics usually affects aliens, but this was just a complete hot, random mess.
  • Options

I did a whole test of alien baby skin outcomes using MCCC pregnancies cheats yesterday since one of the skin tones we used to be able to choose for aliens is missing as a selectable option but still showing up in sims who already have it and randomized aliens. And more often than not, I was getting weird new human skin tones instead of alien colors. I don't know how much genetics usually affects aliens, but this was just a complete hot, random mess.

Yeah aliens definitely needs some fixing, something went seriously wrong with the skintone update. I noticed the white option was not there, I loved that one but then started doubting myself wondering if it ever existed, so truly hope you talking about the white one too LOL

• Options

Yeah aliens definitely needs some fixing, something went seriously wrong with the skintone update. I noticed the white option was not there, I loved that one but then started doubting myself wondering if it ever existed, so truly hope you talking about the white one too LOL

Yes I am! The light blue white one. Here's one of my sims who has fortunately still kept it despite it not existing as a selectable color. I think it might be my favorite one actually, will be bummed if it ends up being deleted from the game
    nsk7uIm.png
  • Options
    Ok so here is my first test, was not as easy as I thought, Sim C wanted to have twins and cancelled other pregnancies because of it, so I had to load the game several times and make sure she does not get near a crib until the others had their babies LOL.

Tested the warm skintones first. Picked the last ones on each line that I could.
    LA4h3mW.png

Here is pics of mums and their bubs with the skintone picked in cas. Will put it in spoilers so I don't kill someones internet

Sim A (I think a lighter baby would have been better)
    BVpqvvb.png
    mf9AlKb.png

Sim B (I think this bub is perfect)
    YySHgHK.png
    M6VLq45.png

Sim C (sorry about green smog in mom's face. Baby had a dirty nappy, but I thought the baby could have been a teensy bit lighter. Like an inbetween medium and dark. You can see it if you look at mum's hands
    A9Ft8d0.png
    4e5Aeay.png

Sim D (This bub is perfect)
    WILce5V.png
    KkqF3az.png

• Options

Yes I am! The light blue white one. Here's one of my sims who has fortunately still kept it despite it not existing as a selectable color. I think it might be my favorite one actually, will be bummed if it ends up being deleted from the game
    nsk7uIm.png

Thats the one <3 So I was not going potters LOL
    I am off to test the next batch type of skintones now ;)

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Also have a question for you @mcrudd since you do a lot of baby modding. My sims baby skins look different in the crib than when the sims hold them. Is this due to me using an hidden crib mod (I think I deleted all skin overlays that affect babies, but my mods folder is a disaster so that's not a given), but was just wondering if this happens in your game (or anyone else's)
    h72JDBK.png

ozMPj2O.png

EDIT: I think I figured it out
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    Also have a question for you @mcrudd since you do a lot of baby modding. My sims baby skins look different in the crib than when the sims hold them. Is this due to me using an hidden crib mod (I think I deleted all skin overlays that affect babies, but my mods folder is a disaster so that's not a given), but was just wondering if this happens in your game (or anyone else's)
    h72JDBK.png

ozMPj2O.png

Hi sorry for late reply. I had a super excited 16 year old that got her Christmas present early via the courier services, so for the last I don't know how long I have been doing her hair with her new Silver bullet triple barrel waver hahahahaha.

I was going to say I could test it for you by making changes to the baby textures in the crib file, I know some baby skintones are there, but you said you figured it out so Yay :) I used to have to paint the clothes onto those textures, but since nifty knitting they are separate from the babies now ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I have tested the second batch of skintones, its the neutral ones, also picked the last one on each line

ufIAYUy.png

As before I will put the pics in spoilers to not overwhelm the slower internet connections.

Sim A (baby could be a smitch darker)
    sf7qAYM.png
    1j5Chuq.png

Sim B (a bit on the wall with this one, looks ok, but perhaps a teensy bit darker)
    flC7btU.png
    KxT1Zgo.png

Sim C (perfect bub)
    Au3bhFE.png
    XLZ8dC8.png

Sim D (perfect bub)
    jOW82gZ.png
    5ffrugy.png

• Options
    h72JDBK.png

ozMPj2O.png

Hi sorry for late reply. I had a super excited 16 year old that got her Christmas present early via the courier services, so for the last I don't know how long I have been doing her hair with her new Silver bullet triple barrel waver hahahahaha.

I was going to say I could test it for you by making changes to the baby textures in the crib file, I know some baby skintones are there, but you said you figured it out so Yay :) I used to have to paint the clothes onto those textures, but since nifty knitting they are separate from the babies now ;)

I only sort of figured it out lol. I figured out that the mod was indeed messing with the skin tones, but I cannot find a hidden crib mod that uses correct skin tones and also works with CC cribs without having to go into S4S to do something with the footprint of objects (I cannot figure out S4S for the life of me, I think it doesn't work right on my Mac lol). Anyway I posted in the mods category to see if anyone can help me haha.
  • Options

I only sort of figured it out lol. I figured out that the mod was indeed messing with the skin tones, but I cannot find a hidden crib mod that uses correct skin tones and also works with CC cribs without having to go into S4S to do something with the footprint of objects (I cannot figure out S4S for the life of me, I think it doesn't work right on my Mac lol). Anyway I posted in the mods category to see if anyone can help me haha.

I can try and help you, could you link me to the crib mod. I am definetly not a guru when it comes to S4S but I can try and suss around to see if I compare that file with a normal crib file or something. That is how we learn LOL. I just have the misc skintones to test and then I can try and help you :)

• Options
    ok testing the cool outfits next :)
    e9llh0c.png

Sim A (perfect bub)
    yFBM8zW.png
    iC7NsV7.png

Sim B ( :o mmmm definitely not right)
    cGxHsMh.png
    PVKHBND.png

Sim C (perfect bub)
    SAhTEF2.png
    5bUYIyK.png

Sim D (perfect bub)
    VEpuFXs.png
    A3g3L7j.png
  • Options
    Testing the misc skintones, the first four
    hqlov98.png

Sim A (perfect)
    EIPq6au.png
    PLZu5id.png

Sim B (perfect)
    6WPIGkp.png
    nzhZ7BC.png

Sim C (not right, but look at the babies profile pic, now that is puzzling)
    qdOXeZM.png
    tNS0DI8.png

Sim D (both profile pic and actual baby not right skintone)
    9jgKLN6.png
    jYHkTMF.png
  • Options
    All of these tests were done with a completely Vanilla game. No cc or mods whatsoever. ;)
    Happy simming all <3
    Hope this gets fixed soon, otherwise we might have some weird interesting gameplay happening LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2020

I can try and help you, could you link me to the crib mod. I am definetly not a guru when it comes to S4S but I can try and suss around to see if I compare that file with a normal crib file or something. That is how we learn LOL. I just have the misc skintones to test and then I can try and help you :)

Thank you! Here's a link to one of the cribs I was trying - https://wildlyminiaturesandwich.tumblr.com/post/134460816804/part-two-is-hereinfo-and-download-under-the

Also I've never really used the PM feature on this site but if it's easier to chat there we totally can!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    From what i've seen around the forums its not just the aliens that are having this problem. All sims genetics seem to be a bit bugged after the new skin tone patch. The gurus have tweeted that they are aware of the problem and are looking in to it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    From what i've seen around the forums its not just the aliens that are having this problem. All sims genetics seem to be a bit bugged after the new skin tone patch. The gurus have tweeted that they are aware of the problem and are looking in to it.

Yeah all babies are a bit messed up right now. I tested a few from each skin catagory. I hope they fix it soon :)
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It could be cc or if the baby is a hybrid, is their dad human ?
  • Options
    Nikkih wrote: »
    It could be cc or if the baby is a hybrid, is their dad human ?

Mum and dad was alien. Above I did mention that all testing was done on a completely vanilla game. No cc and no mods.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    Here is what happened with one of my most recent, fully human babies:

50662174377_9268bc48ce_c.jpg

And here is how she looked in the profile:

50661548603_193365d453_o.png

I made a copy of her (for reasons I explain in a different thread.) When I aged up the original and the copy, they had red skin. Here is a picture of the copy with the traits the game assigned her.

50693284603_af927a8da9_c.jpg

Something's not quite right here!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: