Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cooking and Gates ?.

First on the odd ball list is Sims not eating what they cook instead they eat peas ,crackers and cereal then complain about eating garbage. Sim made rack of lamb but then went and got a bowl of peas. Second odd is the lack of matching gates to fences. We get new fences but no matching gates. Happy Holidays.

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I hate it when there are no good gates to match the fences (and vice versa), especially when you can't even find a good match the same height. I usually cheat and fill my sims needs in gameplay so I don't have much experience with the cooking issue.
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Yeah, that's a common cooking issue. I think if I remember the patch notes right, it should fix it. I however, always have this issue in my game because I have Lil Ms Sam's no auto food grab mod installed. I have my sims meal prep on Sunday (There were a couple months there where queued cooking didn't work so I needed to) and now I just pull out dishes for dinner or they get leftovers autonomously. I am pretty sure you can fix your issue with making sure your fridge is stocked with leftovers. Teens-Elders usually go for leftovers but kids will always grab a quick bite.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    Gingerbare22Gingerbare22 Posts: 1 New Member
    @Bluebeard45 Yes, same thing is happening to me for a few days now... I wonder how soon they'll get to it. Also sims (even maids) are piling dirty dishes, but not washing or throwing them away. (Do I h a v e to get a dishwasher?)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    My game has all these issues and more. Platforms seem to be causing some problems for me like my sims keep resetting when stepping up or down on to them but only in one household and also when I had my sims visit a family that lived in a house with platforms I could see through the platforms showing the grass and ground underneath. Cooking is a complete mess. Sims stand around doing nothing more than usual and cancelling actions. One of my sims got obsessed with raking leaves. She would keep on cancelling actions I gave her to rake the leaves and I ended up having to reset her. I just can’t play the game like this. It’s so frustrating.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    My sims always canceling cooking interaction to sit on a sofa, i had to resume cooking almost 3 times.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    The cooking bug only started for me since I patched my game. Other bugs that have suddenly cropped up are naked Sims jogging by my house. Dryer fires that happen every time my Sim tries to dry a load of clothes, and job offer pop ups one after another.

There has been some other random stuff too, like my Sims best friend showing up uninvited to crash my 1st vacation in Batuu. He was barefoot in normal clothes and my Sim was in the middle of a mission that he had to abandon to look after the hungry sleepy friend who followed him.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've have the Sims go for a quick meal instead of leftovers but if there is food on counter then around 50/70% my Sims will grab food from there but they are just as likely to go for a quick meal instead. Even my Sims that are hungry and cook their meal although that is rarer...or more rare. This started after I updated my game and yes, all my mods have been updated. I have tried with a fresh game without mods and I am seeing the same pattern. I have also repaired the game (without any mods/cc in the mods folder).

But does anyone of you have problems with gourmet cooking? My Sim has just earned lvl 2 in gourmet cooking and she can not cook in that category. It doesn't show up. Either as cook gourmet cooking in the pie menu or as a choice when I choose cook (that is no gourmet cooking is listed in the list when I choose cook in the pie menu. I also seen no gourmet cooking recipes in make a meal/serve a meal (breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner). Sucks.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Second odd is the lack of matching gates to fences. We get new fences but no matching gates. Happy Holidays.
    I haven't seen that problem? Fences do have matching gates as far as I see. Example?

(I often prefer fences and gates in spots instead of walls and doors because I don't like having walls and doors invisible all the time. Makes the visuals in the game too much 2D looking for me.)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Oddly, switching to a different household stopped the bugs. The new household has no cooking obsession, no dryer fires, and no naked joggers. Hope it doesn't return.
  • Options
    @Bluebeard45 I take it back! :#:p
    I was putting in fences and you are correct. Not enough gates that match.

For this one, the best I came up with for a gate is this:
    34xUPfH.png

But made it one notch smaller.
    tugqot2.png

I tried a few other gates, but... no. So yes, not enough choices for gates.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    About fences and gates.. really. So annoying.

My last sim is a space science guy. I tried to build my space rocket in the basement, as most people, then i wanted to put a fancy fence, cant remember its name, the tall one that resembles a hazard fence purpose, and then i found out that, i can put the fence BUT I CANT PLACE THE GATE THAT MATCHS IT, because its required level 4 of Detective profession to unlock it. I mean, really????

a) what has to do detective with using a hazard protection fence??????????
    b) why do you let me to use that fence if i cant use the gate that matches it and can only be used on that specific fence??????

So,i wasted half an hour trying to figure this out only to give up and use a crappy fence that is more suited to gardening... :'(

This game has so many flaws already. Its getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    I've have the Sims go for a quick meal instead of leftovers but if there is food on counter then around 50/70% my Sims will grab food from there but they are just as likely to go for a quick meal instead. Even my Sims that are hungry and cook their meal although that is rarer...or more rare. This started after I updated my game and yes, all my mods have been updated. I have tried with a fresh game without mods and I am seeing the same pattern. I have also repaired the game (without any mods/cc in the mods folder).

But does anyone of you have problems with gourmet cooking? My Sim has just earned lvl 2 in gourmet cooking and she can not cook in that category. It doesn't show up. Either as cook gourmet cooking in the pie menu or as a choice when I choose cook (that is no gourmet cooking is listed in the list when I choose cook in the pie menu. I also seen no gourmet cooking recipes in make a meal/serve a meal (breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner). Sucks.
    Do you have at least a 5 in regular cooking? I don’t think gourmet meals unlock till level 5 regular cooking.
  • Options
    Gourmet cooking unlocks at level 5 or 6, cant remember now.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The lack of matching gates really bothers me too. It makes no sense to me.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

34xUPfH.png

tugqot2.png

I would have gone for the one seven gates to screen right from the one you have highlighted, myself. I, too, find this a vexing problem. I like to fence in my lots. I'm okay for my Main save since most of the families are painfully rich and I just use the extra security fencing and lockable gate we got in Get Famous. But for my 18th century game save, finding the 'right' fence is frustrating.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    As far as filling their needs, I haven't had any trouble getting my sims to get leftovers or eat served food when I tell them to. A houseguest recently served herself a quick meal. I don't usually leave my sims to figure out to eat for themselves, honestly.

While I was concentrating on other household members, my one sim did grill 4 different group meals using the new hispanic heritage recipes. That's a bit much even in this household where they've always had a grill obsession. He wasn't hungry, grilling was just his go-to activity when I didn't give him orders, much more so than usual.

In general there are too many things in build/buy that don't quite make complete sets - fences without matching gates, counters without matching islands, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

34xUPfH.png

tugqot2.png

I would have gone for the one seven gates to screen right from the one you have highlighted, myself. I, too, find this a vexing problem. I like to fence in my lots. I'm okay for my Main save since most of the families are painfully rich and I just use the extra security fencing and lockable gate we got in Get Famous. But for my 18th century game save, finding the 'right' fence is frustrating.

Actually, yes. That one may be better. Just turn it white. Hmm. Good eye!

I suppose another problem is figuring out if its a double gate, or a tall gate? But trying it out will tell.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Daephene wrote: »
    As far as filling their needs, I haven't had any trouble getting my sims to get leftovers or eat served food when I tell them to.

Because there is no bug about that. The bug is that they dont do it AUTOMATICALLY when they need. But if you tell em, they will. Has been that way in my game since at least two years ago lol.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If you want your sim to grab leftovers autonomously when they’re hungry, try this. Leave some leftovers out. There’s a bug where leftovers don’t spoil. (I think it happens when you have leftovers in the fridge when we’ve had game updates in the past. Certain leftovers won’t spoil for me and I have this in households with no fresh chef traits.) So these leftovers are perfect to leave out on the counter. Take advantage of one bug to help with this annoyance.