Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    They nerfed them cause a lot of players find the messages to be annoying. I think the best thing for them to do is add in a opt out option. In all honesty they should really just add opt out options for most features.

Don't want clubs in your game? Opt out.
    Don't want festivals? Opt out.
    Don't want occults? Opt out.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I think you can still have a realistic gameplay with vampires o:)
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited November 2020
    This is more of a minor nitpick, than an unpopular opinion. But I'm disappointed in the lack of large family homes, or should I say, homes that are more than just one or two bedrooms (this has been a pet-peeve of mine for the last few packs tbh). As someone who usually plays families of four+, it's a little annoying trying to find starter homes in the worlds I want to play in that are actually big enough and aren't already occupied by the premades (I tend to leave the premades alone and don't kick them out.)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    They nerfed them cause a lot of players find the messages to be annoying. I think the best thing for them to do is add in a opt out option. In all honesty they should really just add opt out options for most features.

Boo! I absolutely agree: they need to unnerf it, and replace it with an opt out button, or at the very least, a button where you can “block” certain Sims from contacting you. I really loved it, especially since my Sim, pre-nerf, was only friends with his immediate family, so it was his family asking for his advice and being goofy. It really brought them to life, and was a major highlight for me!

@halloweenchild I’m glad someone agrees with me! I thought it was a super unpopular opinion lol.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2020
    Another relatively unpopular opinion:

I love the automatic generated townies (the sims that the game randomly generates every save.) A lot of my favorite sims are from the townie pool, and look just as good (if not better) than the EA created Sims with minor makeovers.

My problem with the townies is that my game makes too much for me to keep up with. I can’t help but wonder (I’m no game designer or computer programming wizard) if there was a way to limit the amount of townies being generated, and if that would make the game load faster, improve the family tree system, an (opt-in/opt-out) autonomy system, and give us the improved memory system and content many Simmers want.

I, for one, would gladly get used to seeing the Windenburg gang and the Calientes at every club in game, if it meant better loading times and more intricate content in the foundation of the game.

Edit: I wrote this weird: what I meant was I think limiting the number of generated townies would give us enough “space” for EA to include all of those features in game with minimal strain!
    Post edited by AteezinWonderland on
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Boo! I absolutely agree: they need to unnerf it, and replace it with an opt out button, or at the very least, a button where you can “block” certain Sims from contacting you. I really loved it, especially since my Sim, pre-nerf, was only friends with his immediate family, so it was his family asking for his advice and being goofy. It really brought them to life, and was a major highlight for me!

@halloweenchild I’m glad someone agrees with me! I thought it was a super unpopular opinion lol.

They did a similar thing with vampires (and Aliens now that I think about it) too, nerfed them to heck and back because people who brought the GP for the build/buy were peeved about the vampires being the main focus of the pack, so they were nerfed into being tame, like they hardly break in anymore or visit in the night, it's quite sad. An opt-out option would be baller in this case. (though IIRC I think it was something they looked into but couldn't do for some reason.)

Oh, which opinion? I've commented on so many that I've lost track now, lmao my bad, my bad. XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020

They did a similar thing with vampires (and Aliens now that I think about it) too, nerfed them to heck and back because people who brought the GP for the build/buy were peeved about the vampires being the main focus of the pack, so they were nerfed into being tame, like they hardly break in anymore or visit in the night, it's quite sad. An opt-out option would be baller in this case. (though IIRC I think it was something they looked into but couldn't do for some reason.)

Oh, which opinion? I've commented on so many that I've lost track now, lmao my bad, my bad. XD

The vampire and alien nerfs really annoy me. I haven't had a sim get abducted in forever with just the game itself. I have to use a mod but then the mod sometime causes them to happen to often. As for the vampires well idk if it just my game or something but I sometimes have a vampire come by and instead of feeding on my sim they knock and wait at the door before leaving.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I don’t care that babies are objects. they make it easier for my Sims who are new parents to gain parenting skill quickly before their baby ages to the most difficult life stage 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Occults should be in their own packs/expansions because i dont want them in my game. The only exception I have are aliens but only because i like them. I wish they were more mysterious and scary, and sims would fear them. I wish they were scary like they are in ts2 ds and how sims 2 sims fear them (except knowledge sims) in their memories. But when they meet them in the game they don't mind them - i wish they still had a fear of them
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Occults should be in their own packs/expansions because i dont want them in my game. The only exception I have are aliens but only because i like them. I wish they were more mysterious and scary, and sims would fear them. I wish they were scary like they are in ts2 ds and how sims 2 sims fear them (except knowledge sims) in their memories. But when they meet them in the game they don't mind them - i wish they still had a fear of them

the problem with this is, there is no fear in the game lol
    for example i would love an eerie and haunting vibe for ghosts like in previous games but in ts4 they're just ordinary transparent sims, sims get "tense" around them like bruh. i'd love if the fear emotion is added to the game. i don't think it would cost much to add it, there's a mod for it and it's great, it fits more some of the sims situations.
    the mod for if anyone's interested: https://neilsimming.wixsite.com/neildevblog/fearmod
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this but I love my first pet. One of my guilty pleasure items is the fish tank coffee table I love being able to put it in builds where it fits nicely. There are a lot of nice items in the pack and the cas is cute for kids and toddlers.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited November 2020

I am sick and tired of feature nerfing!!!! 😡 I would never buy a car from these people because they’re likely to come in the night and steal my steering wheel because one neighbor complains that I am driving it too much. Honestly I PAID good money for those features and then they come in and remove them without so much as a by your leave. It’s infuriating!!! 🤬

Maybe they should bring the store back in the capacity of selling BB and CAS items from packs to people who would otherwise buy a vampire pack and be cheesed off that vampires appear in their games because “they only wanted the furniture” 😫.

Aliens barely exist now.
    Vampires are mostly just regular sims.
    The Murphy bed would now not harm a fly.
    I knows there’s more but now I am too angry 😤 to remember them.

It’s so aggravating.

*takes deep breath and sits down*

I feel better now, carry on. 🙂
  • Options

I am sick and tired of feature nerfing!!!! 😡 I would never buy a car from these people because they’re likely to come in the night and steal my steering wheel because one neighbor complains that I am driving it too much. Honestly I PAID good money for those features and then they come in and remove them without so much as a by your leave. It’s infuriating!!! 🤬

Maybe they should bring the store back in the capacity of selling BB and CAS items from packs to people who would otherwise buy a vampire pack and be cheesed off that vampires appear in their games because “they only wanted the furniture” 😫.

Aliens barely exist now.
    Vampires are mostly just regular sims.
    The Murphy bed would now not harm a fly.
    I knows there’s more but now I am too angry 😤 to remember them.

It’s so aggravating.

*takes deep breath and sits down*

I feel better now, carry on. 🙂

Yep, the nerfing is extremely irritating, especially for people who actually WANT occults. I'm half convinced the reason why Mermaids, Plantsims and Spellcasters are so lacklustre is because of all the people who complained about "vampire break-in's" or their late-night visits (which granted was a little annoying as I had 9 NPC vampires visiting my lot (without the vampire nexus lot trait) almost every night)
    Heck, I actually met someone on this forum who considered vampire NPC's just doing a neighbourhood walk by as them "breaking-in". Like what? When I asked them why they wanted the pack, they said they wanted it because of the BB/CAS items. Like you can't just buy a pack and then complain about its main feature like that, sometimes you just have to miss out on packs because of a feature you don't like, it's just sad fact.
    /rant
  • Options
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I dislike Slice Of Life mod. As a huge mod addict I've tried it several times in different configurations as it's always praised so highly, but I feel most of its parts are cheaty and overpowered/unbalanced each time.

I've heard of that mod, what's it like?

I love certain parts to the mod. It's great to me since you can customize it since its sectioned in different folders and not merged. When I redownload the newest updated version I always remove the menstrual cycle, self woohoo, and sick & drunk systems because the moodlets are too persistent. But I love the realism and new phone interactions it adds for sims to build relationships.
  • Options
    I want Sims to blow up my phone more. I find that the game really shines when the other sims reach out to yours. I don’t know what happened, but I used to receive texts and calls from my Sims friends asking for advice and I loved that feature. But it seemed to be nerfed somehow.

I think they need to:
    a.) make it so that when Sims invite you out, they actually stay on the lot for the event

b.) make it so that Sims do not call your Sim late at night unless it’s an emergency or they’re very close friends

c.) give your Sims more response options and more text prompts

d.)have a tier system— where Sims with higher relationships (good friends and higher) to you reach out more so than Sims who are just friends or acquaintances

e.) stop asking my married sims if they want to go on blind dates with your friends!

All of the above, I've seen screenshots of all the new "crazy" texts that were added to the game (which I'm certain isn't mod related) yet I have yet to receive one of those new texts, like I get they were "nerfed" so we didn't keep getting the "oh you made friends with x, they're awesome" but to apply it to all texts is just annoying.

Yes! All of this!
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    So now that the darker skin tones have been updated/fixed, can we get an update for the lighter/pale skin tones? Half of my white/pale sims look like they're suffering from some kind of liver function disease.

@halloweenchild .... from what EA posted on the website quoted below:

"On December 8, we will be adding over 100 new skin tones to The Sims 4. Every skin tone will have a value slider to unlock thousands of more customizable options. In addition, we’ll make compression improvements to make both new and existing skin tones display better, including strengthening the quality of suntans and sunburns."

It appears that with the value slider, this will unlock thousands of more customizable options for everyone. So, your white Sims who you feel are suffering from a liver function disease should be fine. lol. :smiley:

Everyone played for years with 36 colors, so this is a big improvement for everyone.

unpopular opinion: Sometimes, we must wait to see how things work and look in-game before we throw down the gauntlet. :wink:

Yes, and it looks like we can save the custom skins/makeup to CAS so we can reuse it without having to recreate it each time that we go into CAS :) it looks promising if it works properly. Finally some improvements!
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    Babies are my least favorite stage, so I age them up as soon as possible. Toddlers are not my favorite stage either. I like family game play, but I ten to just jump to the toddler stage, because I prefer that over the baby stage.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Not sure how unpopular the opinion is, but I think they should have released the more fantasy stuff in big expansions, not gamepacks.

As it is we just get small samples of magic, star wars, jungle adventures and supernatural creatures. Many of these things where done better and where far more detailed in past games that also had them. I hate how anything that's not boring real life stuff save for unrealistic careers has been watered down.

Expansions are always optional after all. As it is, I have most gamepacks but skipped most big expansions. I mean, why the heck is recycling a big expansion? That barely qualifies as a game pack.
    Some expansions I might get on sale, like summer vacation and university. But both seem rather meh compared to what previous sims games did with the same concept. It does not improve on it at all.

It's just not fantasy stuff that's been watered down but the whole game. I'm a realistic/semi-fantasy/family player and I think most things have been watered down.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited November 2020
    My unpopular opinion is:

Please don't hate me or feel like I am throwing shade on the Game Changers who helped with the building in the new pack. That honestly is not my intent. I love their builds in the past and I love how some of them do tutorials for simmers new to building and teaching them how to build.

Let me start I love the builders that they had to do the building in the new pack. I love their channels. However, prior to this new pack, I don't recall ever seeing any of them do a Japanese or Asian inspired build. Especially lilsimsie. I love her builds but she mainly builds Craftsman and Mid Century builds and the occasional modern or the even rarer Victorian build. This is not me throwing shade on her. I love her builds she has done in the past. It's just a style that she had zero experience with.

My issue with choosing them is their lack of experience with this style of architecture. They should have chosen builders including builders who are CC builders with builds on Patreon (like Harrie) or sites like The Sims Resource Center like Praline Sims to do the builds for their pack or Kate Emerald who has done countless styles of architecture in my opinion.

If these builders did a ton of Japanese or even Asian Inspired builds in the past I wouldn't feel the way I do about having them doing the builds for this pack. They should have asked Japanese Simmers who are in the building Community to assist with the build.

Again this isn't meant to throw shade. Just would have preferred somebody with more experience with that style build that is all.

Please don't shoot me or start cursing my existence. I'm just stating my opinion. I hope the next time they use builders in the community they get builders with experience building in the style they wish to convey.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hate drama, in the game and in real life.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2020
    Ok here's a few.
    The brown light that came with seasons, I find it so bad I use the weather machine to keep it summer all the time. Brown grass and shrubs is not my idea of fun. Really look at the plants in winter, evergreens are always green not brown and palms don’t shed leaves..
    Using cat and dog faeces to 'manure' plants. Would any of you eat any foods that had been used by a cat or dog in this way? Dog faeces contain a parasite that causes blindness in children. :/
    Pets that are afraid of electrical objects. Seriously? There is not a pet on Earth that hasn’t been born into a world that is saturated with electrical objects. My friends have cats that sleep on keyboards, dogs that curl up behind TVs because its warm etc. Will someone please drag these designers into the 21st Century.
    Expensive furniture, where to start? I don’t know if the makers are aware but for about 100 years in Europe we have had expensive, comfortable stylish furniture that doesn’t have tacky gold paint trim or animal feet. Those 18th Century styles were the push I needed to make my own furniture.
    Electrical objects that break while not in use or even on, very realistic. ;)
    Not being able to turn the mobile phones off, why?
    I just used MCC to delete 92 skeletons, 92! If I could find a mod to do away with them I would be all over it, the continuous rib playing and head swivelling drives me mad.
    And lastly ncps on the jungle trial. Why? My sim is not going to die of loneliness while temple raiding, nor does he/she need some nut job in a jumper/sweater and umbrella stroll up for chat in the middle of the jungle. Pure stupidity.
    There all done. :)
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I absolutely get irritated when I see unrealistic looking sims that are supposed to represent 'good' looking made by some people. Like those barbie sims with way too large eyes, teeny tiny waists and pointy hips. Same goes for males with overly broad shoulders, thick hips yet a small waist and then... a baby face :D I can't stand them :D
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I absolutely get irritated when I see unrealistic looking sims that are supposed to represent 'good' looking made by some people. Like those barbie sims with way too large eyes, teeny tiny waists and pointy hips. Same goes for males with overly broad shoulders, thick hips yet a small waist and then... a baby face :D I can't stand them :D

Dont forget the red noses, hetereochromia, harry potter glasses and colored hair.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options

Dont forget the red noses, hetereochromia, harry potter glasses and colored hair.

Heterochromia I don't mind so much (I wish it was base game tho rather than CC) but I agree with everything else.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I hate that sims like everything. They have no preference in anything, especially in sims 4. A good sim could marry an evil sim and get along fine because traits mean nothing in sims 4.

For sims 4 or sims 5, we seriously need to get a part of character creation where we can fill in likes and dislikes of several categories.

Activities they like they'd prioritise doing over other stuff. Activities they dislike they'd never do on their own and would hate doing if made to do it. And they'd be neutral about everything else, they might do it but only if prefer options aren't available.

What attracts them should also be a few likes and dislikes, which determines who they find attractive. And they should be able to have more than one dislike which sims 2 had.
    Could actually be fun to make this extremely picky sim and try to find a partner for them.
    You can assign what sexual spectrum they are into separate from this, and the likes and dislikes can be about hats, clothing style, hair colours, eye colours, dyed hair, specific traits, career, wealth, fitness level, etc.
    Should also be possible to have sims with no dislikes of course. It just bugs me that sims like everything by default.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top