Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    People have said that for each sequel of the sims the romantic interaction is much more conservative, but I find it in Sims 4 that they are much more sensually romantic, than in 2 or 3, 2 was just very lusty lol. I actually prefer the way Ts4 romantic interaction animations.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't give two flying effs for "Paralives" I am sick of seeing, hearing and reading about it. People need to stop putting this game up on a pedestal because it's just hyping up a game that isn't even out and runs the risk of overhyping it so much that the game may fail to live up to expectations upon its release. Seriously, can you all please stop comparing Paralives and The Sims 4? I know we all want the same, which is for The Sims to be even better, but if you don't stop comparing both games it'll end up being unhealthy for both of them.

this 100%
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    People have said that for each sequel of the sims the romantic interaction is much more conservative, but I find it in Sims 4 that they are much more sensually romantic, than in 2 or 3, 2 was just very lusty lol. I actually prefer the way Ts4 romantic interaction animations.

Oh god, some of the animations in ts2 were too much. Like makeout on the couch. I also had to time my whoohoo just perfect because that 🐸🐸🐸🐸-esque whoohoo movie would come on and i tried desperately for my mom not to see it 😭😭😭😭 i was only like 11 i just wanted to try and make a legacy family!!! 😭😭😭😭
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Oh god, some of the animations in ts2 were too much. Like makeout on the couch. I also had to time my whoohoo just perfect because that 🎃🎃🎃🎃-esque whoohoo movie would come on and i tried desperately for my mom not to see it 😭😭😭😭 i was only like 11 i just wanted to try and make a legacy family!!! 😭😭😭😭

OMG! I hated the "first time" cinematic too, it drove me up the wall. (Actually the cinematics for TS2 got pretty stale after a while,)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Oh god, some of the animations in ts2 were too much. Like makeout on the couch. I also had to time my whoohoo just perfect because that 🎃🎃🎃🎃-esque whoohoo movie would come on and i tried desperately for my mom not to see it 😭😭😭😭 i was only like 11 i just wanted to try and make a legacy family!!! 😭😭😭😭

I know right? It was awkward enough when I played it around my family member when I was a teenager but now when im anadult it still is too much even when im playing just by myself in the room.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

I know right? It was awkward enough when I played it around my family member when I was a teenager but now when im anadult it still is too much even when im playing just by myself in the room.

Yes back then I didnt know you could turn them off. Now i only have it on when I want to see wedding vows

• Options

Yes back then I didnt know you could turn them off. Now i only have it on when I want to see wedding vows

I turned off the monitor when that cutscenes being played
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't give two flying effs for "Paralives" I am sick of seeing, hearing and reading about it. People need to stop putting this game up on a pedestal because it's just hyping up a game that isn't even out and runs the risk of overhyping it so much that the game may fail to live up to expectations upon its release. Seriously, can you all please stop comparing Paralives and The Sims 4? I know we all want the same, which is for The Sims to be even better, but if you don't stop comparing both games it'll end up being unhealthy for both of them.

I don't mind other people talking about it. I'm not a huge fan of the way the game looks visually and since I'm not really into building either I'm struggling to care about it. I would still rather focus on the Sims franchise. It's got me through the last twenty years and I'm not ready to just brush all that history away. I prefer to keep moving forward with the Sims personally than move onto something else.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Amen to that!
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    Couldn't agree more.
    If it's out and it is at least as good as sims 4, than great, more games to enjoy. But it literally doesn't exist at this point. And sims game is VERY challenging genre, more challenging than city simulator. So para may never see the release, and I want to play something that's real.

I am also not so hyped about the Paradox projects at this point. If the leader is Road Humble, I am not hyped. Because a) It is the men who patched himself into the Sims 2 to annoy me forever. Not cool. And b) He was in charge of Sims 3 and Sims 3 was tragic. The game was launched on an engine that was already dated, it caused a LOT OF problems, and who was in charge? Road Humble. Not hyped for his new games after this.

And my unpopular opinion - Sims 4 is not so expensive. If you started playing six years ago and buy pack on release (or first sale), it's not a burden. (If you do like the game and play it, otherwise - why buy packs at all?). And most packs go on sales at some point. If you can't afford to spend 20$ when something on sale, it's terrible and I can feel the pain, but... at this financial state, why would spending money on video game even cross your mind? I mean, when I was this broke, I was worrying about food beeing expensive, not games beeing expensive.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

I just went and took a look at it. It looks like a rip off of the Sims, and not a very good one.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited November 2020
    I personally don't see the issue of comparing Paralives to Sims 4. They're similar games in the same genre catered to the same crowd of people; you are gonna have people interested in how it turns out and you're gonna have people comparing it. It's natural. EA shouldn't have a monopoly on the genre such as life sim anyway, they have a monopoly on sports sims such as Madden and look how that's turning out.

This reminds me of Paper Mario: The Origami King and Bug Fables all over again lol. People talk about a smaller scale indie game inspired by the main franchise that tries to go back to its roots, maybe a little bit too passionately, and people get annoyed by the talk of the smaller scale game that tries to go back to the roots. I guess it's because I don't hang out in Reddit or other social media outlets all that much?

I do agree pre-release hype kills a game though, because it's easy to imagine the perfect game that you haven't actually played and only seen a few screenshots of that makes an attempt on catering to the fanbase. It's just an entertainment product in the end that you'll probably have fun with. Keep your excitement in check, and you'll be able to enjoy more things in life in general.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I personally don't see the issue of comparing Paralives to Sims 4. They're similar games in the same genre catered to the same crowd of people; you are gonna have people interested in how it turns out and you're gonna have people comparing it. It's natural. EA shouldn't have a monopoly on the genre such as life sim anyway, they have a monopoly on sports sims such as Madden and look how that's turning out.

exactly, paralives is probably the first life simulation close to the sims, being developed by a small studio and is managing to make the game so pretty, it's obvious there are comparations.

but regarding comparatives, who will have the problem is paralives, not the sims. people is getting expectations too high for it.
    as for the sims? nothing to worry cuz what is selling is the label, this whole community will buy anything from it and ea knows it very well.

anyways it's great to have competition on the field, the sims have been to much time sitting there delivering mediocre content also because people has no other choice when it comes to play life simulation other than past sims games. (only sims 3 though, they don't even allow you to get sims 1&2 those you have to get them by yourself...)
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »

I don't mind other people talking about it. I'm not a huge fan of the way the game looks visually and since I'm not really into building either I'm struggling to care about it. I would still rather focus on the Sims franchise. It's got me through the last twenty years and I'm not ready to just brush all that history away. I prefer to keep moving forward with the Sims personally than move onto something else.

Same, like I'm not against people talking about it, I'm just sick of seeing comments like "omg, I SOO can't wait for Paralives, cause sims 4 stinks", which fair enough, but come on, you're hyping up a tech demo at this point. If it gets overhyped before it's even released it may disappoint many people who were hoping it'll be The Sims 2.0, which will just end up with the game crashing and burning before it can get off the ground.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options

Same, like I'm not against people talking about it, I'm just sick of seeing comments like "omg, I SOO can't wait for Paralives, cause sims 4 stinks", which fair enough, but come on, you're hyping up a tech demo at this point. If it gets overhyped before it's even released it may disappoint many people who were hoping it'll be The Sims 2.0, which will just end up with the game crashing and burning before it can get off the ground.

I don't really like the amount of threads we got about paralives either, as much as I like the game already and have an interest with it, every praises they receive would just create too high of an expectation which put pressure on the developer, I sure would hate if the game later turn out to be an another No Man's Sky fiasco, overhyped and then failed to deliver the expected quality that people expect at launch.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

I don't really like the amount of threads we got about paralives either, as much as I like the game already and have an interest with it, every praises they receive would just create too high of an expectation which put pressure on the developer, I sure would hate if the game later turn out to be an another No Man's Sky fiasco, overhyped and then failed to deliver the expected quality that people expect at launch.

Exactly, Paralives has piqued my interest, but the amount of hype already surrounding it "hermigosh look at the animation, it's like already better than the sims!" it's like people are proclaiming it as the next messiah before any real gameplay is even released. It'll definitely end up in a similar situation to No Man's Sky if people keep praising the leaked screenshots and footage as "groundbreaking".
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I don't like to control my pets.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I don't like to control my pets.

Me too, but I hate the fact, that they take a sim slot away.

I'm really disappointed from the upcoming skin colour update in December as far I've seen. Probably I'm going to change my mind when it's live, but I right now I feel the white/alien hues are really neglected/rejected and offer much less possibilities than the brown/black skintone in their nuances. I wish instead, that they had rather care about the haircolours, but I know they had no change against the social media mob mentality.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    - I have no issue with them reusing animations, but I do have an issue with them reusing objects from packs and putting them in the base game. Like the hot tub and the get famous? clothing they added to the base game this year. I don't think its right to take paid content and put it back in the game for free
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Regarding paralives, that game needs to be good. The better it is, the more effort EA will have to put into the sims.

Sims 3 had the problem of everything being overpriced and not getting much for your money. Everything in the online store for it is STILL crazy overpriced while it's an old game.

Sims 4 is mainly too lazy. Price is better, but sims have never been more boring since they all act the same and traits are meaningless.
    There's also a clear pattern of them turning things that should be expansions into gamepacks and things that should be gamepacks are made full expansions. It's rather tone deaf.
    Recycling does not need a big expansion. Magic, star wars, jungle adventures and the supernatural like vampires? Yes. It's big themes that require more than the small sample that these gamepacks offer.

That and the sims 4 had a terrible offering in the base game, launching with a lot less features than sims 3.

EA will need competition to prod them to do better, and release sims 5 with more content.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Regarding paralives, that game needs to be good. The better it is, the more effort EA will have to put into the sims.

Sims 3 had the problem of everything being overpriced and not getting much for your money. Everything in the online store for it is STILL crazy overpriced while it's an old game.

Sims 4 is mainly too lazy. Price is better, but sims have never been more boring since they all act the same and traits are meaningless.
    There's also a clear pattern of them turning things that should be expansions into gamepacks and things that should be gamepacks are made full expansions. It's rather tone deaf.
    Recycling does not need a big expansion. Magic, star wars, jungle adventures and the supernatural like vampires? Yes. It's big themes that require more than the small sample that these gamepacks offer.

That and the sims 4 had a terrible offering in the base game, launching with a lot less features than sims 3.

EA will need competition to prod them to do better, and release sims 5 with more content.

While I don't think paralives is very good, I do agree with you that EA needs competition to prod them into stepping up their game (no pun intended)
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I love the new long men’s hair in Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don’t like Arnie’s open world mod.
  • Options
    Playing with toddler is much more enjoyable if their motive is static.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I don't give two flying effs for "Paralives" I am sick of seeing, hearing and reading about it.

I don't mind other people talking about it.

J do.

I am here to discuss The Sims, not read ads for some vaporware "competitor" which may never exist. Take it to Off-Topic, or I report it as spam / advertisement.

This is in the unpopular opinions thread. Yall trigger happy with the report button lol. Too bad you arent paid for being a parttime mod

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top