Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I don't like default skins.
    Most of them blur facial features too much and you can't see the difference between cheek or even nose presets. I think sims look worse, more generic with them. I prefer more sculptured faces.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Regarding paralives, that game needs to be good. The better it is, the more effort EA will have to put into the sims.

Sims 3 had the problem of everything being overpriced and not getting much for your money. Everything in the online store for it is STILL crazy overpriced while it's an old game.

Sims 4 is mainly too lazy. Price is better, but sims have never been more boring since they all act the same and traits are meaningless.
    There's also a clear pattern of them turning things that should be expansions into gamepacks and things that should be gamepacks are made full expansions. It's rather tone deaf.
    Recycling does not need a big expansion. Magic, star wars, jungle adventures and the supernatural like vampires? Yes. It's big themes that require more than the small sample that these gamepacks offer.

That and the sims 4 had a terrible offering in the base game, launching with a lot less features than sims 3.

EA will need competition to prod them to do better, and release sims 5 with more content.

Agreed, EA needs the competitive boot in its rear end to force them to step up their game. That being said, I just hope the game can live up to the hype, otherwise, it'll crash and burn before it can get started.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    So now that the darker skin tones have been updated/fixed, can we get an update for the lighter/pale skin tones? Half of my white/pale sims look like they're suffering from some kind of liver function disease.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited November 2020
    So now that the darker skin tones have been updated/fixed, can we get an update for the lighter/pale skin tones? Half of my white/pale sims look like they're suffering from some kind of liver function disease.

@halloweenchild .... from what EA posted on the website quoted below:

"On December 8, we will be adding over 100 new skin tones to The Sims 4. Every skin tone will have a value slider to unlock thousands of more customizable options. In addition, we’ll make compression improvements to make both new and existing skin tones display better, including strengthening the quality of suntans and sunburns."

It appears that with the value slider, this will unlock thousands of more customizable options for everyone. So, your white Sims who you feel are suffering from a liver function disease should be fine. lol. :smiley:

Everyone played for years with 36 colors, so this is a big improvement for everyone.

unpopular opinion: Sometimes, we must wait to see how things work and look in-game before we throw down the gauntlet. :wink:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    I don't like default skins.
    Most of them blur facial features too much and you can't see the difference between cheek or even nose presets. I think sims look worse, more generic with them. I prefer more sculptured faces.

I mostly agree with this. That texture on other people's sims? Cool. On every one of my own sims? Gross. A few sims look alright with super smooth skin - not my tough and a gruff sims that I imagine preferring not to look like they're at the spa daily.

Also, adult sims become even more indistinguishable from young adults with certain overlays.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »

"On December 8, we will be adding over 100 new skin tones to The Sims 4. Every skin tone will have a value slider to unlock thousands of more customizable options. In addition, we’ll make compression improvements to make both new and existing skin tones display better, including strengthening the quality of suntans and sunburns."

It appears that with the value slider, this will unlock thousands of more customizable options for everyone. So, your white Sims who you feel are suffering from a liver function disease should be fine. lol. :smiley:

Everyone played for years with 36 colors, so this is a big improvement for everyone.

unpopular opinion: Sometimes, we must wait to see how things work and look in-game before we throw down the gauntlet. :wink:

I must have missed that post, thanks. :) Seriously, this skin tone update has come six years too late imho, it should have been released at least three years ago.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 468 Member
    An unpopular opinion I've had since sims 2: I don't care for sims aging. Just makes me sad.
    Mine never age, I always play with aging off.

Also I rarely play other age groups than young adult or adult since they get most options. My preferred way of play is sticking 8 adults with very different personalities in a house, give each of them a different theme to focus on and also let them develop friends, enemies and lovers naturally with the others.

For sims 4 I am still looking to find a better approach since there's no real differences in sims and they won't make enemies or lovers on their own. Probably should bring it down to 4 sims, probably enough to cover all the gameplay in between them.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Pets aren't fun and I don't mean just in ts4 like in all sims games they aren't fun and I can honestly live without them. Pets irl good though :blush:

I'd rather not get open worlds back if it means that we are restricted to one world per save. Just give us open neighborhoods.

Babies are fine as is. The fun doesn't start until they are toddlers away.

Fitness Stuff is a great pack. The rock climbing treadmill is best workout equipment to watch sims use.

Windenburg is my least favorite residential world.

I hate lots that are bigger then 30×40. That's to much for me to work with as I prefer my houses to be more full then spacious.

I want more crazy, wacky, and oversized objects.

GTW is one of my favorite packs and I love the retail system though I do think it could use some tweaking.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Pets aren't fun and I don't mean just in ts4 like in all sims games they aren't fun and I can honestly live without them. Pets irl good though :blush:

I agree with this. I don't find taking care of pets fun in TS4. Mostly cause of the way they're designed. I very much don't like how puppies need to be carried up and downstairs just to go outside if the house has a foundation it drives me crazy. I'm not a fan of how needy they are and the constant fear of everything is just ugh. Also why don't we get to see their needs? The constant guessing game of what's wrong is annoying.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member

I must have missed that post, thanks. :) Seriously, this skin tone update has come six years too late imho, it should have been released at least three years ago.

Granted it took six years but why is it too late? 🤔
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »

I agree with this. I don't find taking care of pets fun in TS4. Mostly cause of the way they're designed. I very much don't like how puppies need to be carried up and downstairs just to go outside if the house has a foundation it drives me crazy. I'm not a fan of how needy they are and the constant fear of everything is just ugh. Also why don't we get to see their needs? The constant guessing game of what's wrong is annoying.

My experience with ts4 pets has actually been better then ts3 pets. My dogs were constantly dirty and it seemed near impossible to get them to into the bath. I think what made it worst was that it felt like i had to constantly interact with them to build a relationship and none of my pets ever like each other theh were constantly fighting if I wasn't in direct control of them to move things into a good situation.

My main issue with ts4 is that my sims don't seem to care about their pets. I usually have to step in and get them to interact with them otherwise the spend their time talking to each other or doing something else. Pets should be a big focus for sims especially for kids I feel.

I guess that's why I hate pets. I want my sims to play with them on their time not when I want them to do something specific but I have to stop because the dog is lonely.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

My experience with ts4 pets has actually been better then ts3 pets. My dogs were constantly dirty and it seemed near impossible to get them to into the bath. I think what made it worst was that it felt like i had to constantly interact with them to build a relationship and none of my pets ever like each other theh were constantly fighting if I wasn't in direct control of them to move things into a good situation.

My main issue with ts4 is that my sims don't seem to care about their pets. I usually have to step in and get them to interact with them otherwise the spend their time talking to each other or doing something else. Pets should be a big focus for sims especially for kids I feel.

I guess that's why I hate pets. I want my sims to play with them on their time not when I want them to do something specific but I have to stop because the dog is lonely.

That's how I feel about everything in the game, they just don't autonomously do anything with the stuff around them except for with electronics or the grill. Read a book, knit something, go outside and swim, water your plants, take a walk .... my sims just mostly stand around and or sit if I don't tell them to do something and I haven't placed any electronics down for them.
  • Options

Granted it took six years but why is it too late? 🤔

I meant that it really should have been added sooner, rather than later. You know? Like sure it's nice to have them now, but they feel like they're only adding the fixes in an attempt to keep their audience when they've lost a fair number of players already due to lacklustre packs or other reasons.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Another unpopular opinion:

Get together is one of my favorite packs for sims 4 (3rd favorite) and I couldn’t play without it.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I love the world Strangerville. It's beautiful and I wish it had more lots. Strangerville is one of my favorite packs because of the build/buy and the world. I only played through the story/quest once but overall I'm really happy with it.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I really need to play through Strangerville, need an opportunity to beat up that plant alien thing.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    0oglub_glubo00oglub_glubo0 Posts: 21 Member
    > @peterskywalker said:
    > Another unpopular opinion:
    >
    > Get together is one of my favorite packs for sims 4 (3rd favorite) and I couldn’t play without it.

I like get together as well. It adds interactive jobs and aliens.
  • Options
    I loved Strangerville, just wish it was more, idk, darker? To match the more sinister lore they were going for, wish they hadn't chickened out (or were mandated to soften, the spooky theme they were going for.) :(
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @0oglub_glubo0 I think you’re talking about Get to Work.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I love the world Strangerville. It's beautiful and I wish it had more lots. Strangerville is one of my favorite packs because of the build/buy and the world. I only played through the story/quest once but overall I'm really happy with it.
    I loved Strangerville, just wish it was more, idk, darker? To match the more sinister lore they were going for, wish they hadn't chickened out (or were mandated to soften, the spooky theme they were going for.) :(

There are two types of people.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »

There are two types of people.

Well it'd be boring if we were all the same XD
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i didn't really like how strangerville was a reference to stranger things cuz i haven't seen the show and i feel like i may have missed stuff about it that i'm not interested to understand either lol
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    I'm expecting some awesome content and updates for 2021!
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Another unpopular opinion I have is that in TS2 and TS3, the auto-roofing feature only suited boxy builds. Since they were only ever capable of adding a hipped or gable roof lengthways or sideways.

This is more on me in that I can't really understand how people struggle with TS4's roofing tools, which to me seems intuitive, but I'm not sure what people are expecting when they demand one for TS4, let alone whether one would work with the room system in game.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Another unpopular opinion I have is that in TS2 and TS3, the auto-roofing feature only suited boxy builds. Since they were only ever capable of adding a hipped or gable roof lengthways or sideways.

This is more on me in that I can't really understand how people struggle with TS4's roofing tools, which to me seems intuitive, but I'm not sure what people are expecting when they demand one for TS4, let alone whether one would work with the room system in game.

Yeah the auto roof tool in TS3 was always just a bunch of unconnected hipped roofs that always looked like garbage unless your build was literally just a square or rectangle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top